Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
(Dev says he's working on online multiplayer, but is honest in saying it wouldn't be around for at least a year- if ever- because the netcode is an absolute nightmare.)
Yeah, I wouldn't buy this with any expectation of online MP. A More realistic possibility is that it's such a success that the dev includes it in a sequel, like how Metalhead did with Super Mega Baseball 2.

Either way, thanks for the review. Went back to watch some video of Ice Hockey and I can see what you mean about the controls being more floaty in SBH. Looks like there's a lot more momentum that carries your character so you can't make quick sudden turns in the opposite direction.

I'll probably give it a try and hope to have at least a couple hours of fun with it. Right now I need something to play outside of Speedrunners and Isaac.

EDIT: ~45 minutes into it and I'm enjoying it. You're on point about the floaty controls and how passes don't always go where you want them to. Doesn't happen all the time but just enough to be a nuisance. Other than that, it's pretty much a gorier version of Ice Hockey, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
bah..this was nothing. Imagine that you were back in 1997 when FFVII and 2 yrs later, FFVIII came out. These 2 monsters had 4-5 discs while my average game back then required only 1 disc.
Yes, I have FF7+8 on PSX.

Never was a huge-as-hell download necessary in the old PSX days. You just swapped the disc when they told you to, basically.

Yes, I have FF7+8 on PSX.

Never was a huge-as-hell download necessary in the old PSX days. You just swapped the disc when they told you to, basically.
Probably should have tried to make a remaster using the power of the PS3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1qw4P3NsPs

When you listing your trading cards and one is $0.XX.

QONVIyz.gif

Then it doesn't sell and you have to relist for $0.03

t3MHnEY.gif

Updates from last night:

Versus Squad:  Jimbo and Parallacks joined Syntax and I for round 2 of Versus Squad.  We lasted like 1.5 hours and I can genuinely say it felt better than the first time we played it.  Not sure if it's been tweaked since then or we just knew what we were doing more.  Definitely not a game I can play for hours on end, but good in 1-2 hour spurts.

PUBG:  We played some PUBG afterwards and had some good rounds with some top ten finishes.  I got a sweet AWM from a supply drop, but never got to shoot it.  Thus is PUBG.  Then I joined Encendido and Goose for several rounds of drop into the action PUBG.  Got a personal best 3 kills in one round (and possibly two team kills).  We rushed a house with two guys in it.  All I had was a shotgun.  I snuck up on one guy and downed and killed him while his teammate downed Encendido and Goose.  I was getting ready to rush upstairs and saw something coming towards me so in my panicked state I shot and killed Goose who was crawling towards me to be revived or something.  Then I killed the other guy.  I also vulture sniped a kill when two other squads were shooting it out in the distance.  

Sound Blaster Omni:  Got one of these based on Inmate's recommendation.  I like it a lot as a headphone amp.  It definitely makes my cans sound way better.  I used the included mic last night and the sound was fine, but my main gripe is the lack of a mute button for the mic.  Real big omission.  You can press down on the volume knob to mute the sound, but the mic is live all the time.  Had to use the hotkey feature in Discord to mute, which is fine, but you have to hold down the key to keep the mic muted that way.  Could it have killed them to include a mute button?  Even the cheapest headsets have those. 

V-Moda Boompro:  The reason I even had to use the Omni's built-in mic was because of the colossal disappointment this thing was.  Was super-excited to be able to convert my favorite headphones into a headset and this thing has great reviews on Amazon, but the bros kept telling me they heard static all the time when using this thing.  So I switched to the Omni and then looked it up and the Boompro has known issues with DACs/Amps and some mobos when it comes to grounding.  Seems it tries to ground both the mic and headphones at the same time and causes static which people haven't been able to fix other than connecting the mic into one device (say the mobo) and the headphones into another (say the DAC or soundcard) or buying some stupid grounding loop cord or USB thing.  Probably sending this thing back to Amazon since I much prefer the sound of the Omni over the ability to use this.  I'll see if I can connect the mic directly into the back of my mobo and still use the Omni for my headphones.  

Stupid Steam question... Is there anyway to tell Steam that I'm not interested in buying movies from them?
Short answer - no.

Long answer - I only ever browse the Steam store in browser because Steam itself is slow and buggy and awful and I use Enhanced Steam which allows me to show only games/DLC in search results or when I go to look at all games on sale, etc. It's the best I've been able to figure out since I have no interest in Steam movies myself.

Yeah, Versus Squad definitely felt a lot smoother in game play than last time.  The defense wave mode was better than last time and it actually felt like we could accomplish something between waves whereas last game it felt like we couldn't do anything.  I'm still not convinced that Nation Red isn't the superior game but I feel better about Versus Squad.

I'm gonna have to get myself one of those Soundblaster Omnis.  Been toying with the idea but two good bro reviews helps push the needle.

Updates from last night:

V-Moda Boompro: The reason I even had to use the Omni's built-in mic was because of the colossal disappointment this thing was. Was super-excited to be able to convert my favorite headphones into a headset and this thing has great reviews on Amazon, but the bros kept telling me they heard static all the time when using this thing. So I switched to the Omni and then looked it up and the Boompro has known issues with DACs/Amps and some mobos when it comes to grounding. Seems it tries to ground both the mic and headphones at the same time and causes static which people haven't been able to fix other than connecting the mic into one device (say the mobo) and the headphones into another (say the DAC or soundcard) or buying some stupid grounding loop cord or USB thing. Probably sending this thing back to Amazon since I much prefer the sound of the Omni over the ability to use this. I'll see if I can connect the mic directly into the back of my mobo and still use the Omni for my headphones.
I had one of those for a couple of months, had it connected to my astro mixamp and didn't have issues other than the ones I normally have with my mixamp, which is similar to what you had. Occasionally I think people would hear an echo or my game sound but it was very rare. Got completely rid of the issue by having the mic and headphones separated. Happened with any kind of mic that I had hooked up to my mixamp so my guess is the vmoda wasn't the issue, but your amp was if it happens like that with any kind of mic/headphone combo cable. An alternate solution would be to get a modmic. That's what I'm using now, and it'll attach to any headphones.

I doubt the world needs/wants another MOBA... And I don't think I want to give it a try because I don't want to be disappointed when it dies.

Thanks for the link though.

It's not the game we want, but it's the game we deserve.
#1 - It's free.

#2 - It can be bronighted before the inevitable move over to Poopy Underpants blah-blah game.

#3 - Don't discourage folks from posting a Steam related deal in the PUBG-Pizza-Shoes discussion thread.

PUBG invitational has been pretty good so far, (except the camera work is crap) think they just finished up the solo play.

twitch.tv/playbattlegrounds

tumblr_inline_ov3s2rL8F41qlzta9_1280.png

And yet... it only took a few hours for it to have four times more players than Battleborn.
b/c it went Free to Play.

Apple to Orange here my friend

p.s. I am not a fan of both games. They both suck in their own ways. There are games that did what these 2 did but BETTER.

b/c it went Free to Play.

Apple to Orange here my friend

p.s. I am not a fan of both games. They both suck in their own ways. There are games that did what these 2 did but BETTER.
If it went free 2 play I would had assume it would have more players.

The same way Guild Wars 2 was dying before it went free 2 play

You got my hopes up until I got to the GW2 website. It is still b2p.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/

"First, free accounts start with fewer character slots and bag slots than the paid version of the game. But they still get the full complement of slots as soon as they buy Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns."

"Third, free accounts have some restrictions to prevent them from skipping ahead to places where they could be used to disrupt the game. They must play to level 10 before leaving the starter zones, to level 30 before using LFG, and to level 60 before using World vs. World. They can play PvP immediately but must get to rank 20 before using custom and unranked arenas."

Tl;DR

https://account.arena.net/register?alt=gw2&cid=93:5::::Global:40:::

The core game is free, the expansion packs still cost money.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/

"First, free accounts start with fewer character slots and bag slots than the paid version of the game. But they still get the full complement of slots as soon as they buy Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns."

"Third, free accounts have some restrictions to prevent them from skipping ahead to places where they could be used to disrupt the game. They must play to level 10 before leaving the starter zones, to level 30 before using LFG, and to level 60 before using World vs. World. They can play PvP immediately but must get to rank 20 before using custom and unranked arenas."

Tl;DR

https://account.arena.net/register?alt=gw2&cid=93:5::::Global:40:::

The core game is free, the expansion packs still cost money.
Ahh thanks! Don't know how I missed that!

D2D has Skyrim V - Special Edition for $10. I'm pretty sure that's the lowest it has been by far unless there was some deal about owning the older version before they put this one out.

https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/download-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-special-edition/5011631

Pretty tempting...
A few other things worth pointing out.

Direct2Drive:

All Steam keys at 75% off:

The Evil Within: Season Pass (historical low from ITAD) = $2.50

RAGE (base-game) = $2.50

RAGE: The Scorchers DLC (1 penny above historical low from ITAD) = $1.25

Is it content-downloadable content or non-content downloadable content?
These are the 3 DLC's for the Season Pass:

Part 1 of the DLC story - http://store.steampowered.com/app/345980/The_Evil_Within_The_Assignment/

Part 2 of the DLC story - http://store.steampowered.com/app/354710/The_Evil_Within__The_Consequence/

Play as a bad guy DLC - http://store.steampowered.com/app/359930/The_Evil_Within_The_Executioner/

If you're curious about length, check HLTB - https://howlongtobeat.com/

A few other things worth pointing out.

Direct2Drive:

All Steam keys at 75% off:

The Evil Within: Season Pass (historical low from ITAD) = $2.50

RAGE (base-game) = $2.50

RAGE: The Scorchers DLC (1 penny above historical low from ITAD) = $1.25
Looks like I need to figure out how to do refunds on Steam... I just got their Evil Within bundle the morning of your post. Good find! :)

Edit: Kind of hidden but found.

Sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:​
That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author.
Apparently it is only visible to friends of Jimbo so unless you're logged in you won't be able to see it.

What do you mean? It’s expansions where you play as other characters, one of them is the butcher from the beginning of the game
That sounds like content-downloadable content to me.

Apparently it is only visible to friends of Jimbo so unless you're logged in you won't be able to see it.
Maybe Jimbo de-friended me, smart guy :cry:

Tonight's Bro game is PUBG where we make a last ditch effort to buy Gamescom crates in the least efficient manner possible since you get a lot more points playing solo. Tomorrow night is Battlefield One despite Weiler not showing up. Saturday night is a rare Bro-Night event in Rainbow Six Siege since it's a free weekend and Fox figures our sole chance to win a round is to play against total newbs. He's not wrong. Unfortunately, I have a scheduling conflict with my bi-weekly My Little Pony Cosplay Orgy so will be around an hour late. If you're all still pwning n00bz, save me a spot and no one take IQ.

Tonight's Bro game is PUBG where we make a last ditch effort to buy Gamescom crates in the least efficient manner possible since you get a lot more points playing solo. Tomorrow night is Battlefield One despite Weiler not showing up. Saturday night is a rare Bro-Night event in Rainbow Six Siege since it's a free weekend and Fox figures our sole chance to win a round is to play against total newbs. He's not wrong. Unfortunately, I have a scheduling conflict with my bi-weekly My Little Pony Cosplay Orgy so will be around an hour late. If you're all still pwning n00bz, save me a spot and no one take IQ.
You're not joking about the casual playlist on R6S... Now I haven't played it allot but each time i felt my group was a bunch of randoms throw together vs a group squad of 5 that play the game allot.

bread's done
Back