Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Two things I learned today.

1) It's possible to have too many activation attempts on steam keys even when you're using valid/unused keys. The limit is apparently 50 keys before getting sent to timeout for an hour.

2) While in that hour long timeout, you can't even buy anything directly from the steam store. Apparently that counts as an activation attempt. Which, seems kinda nuts. But, whatever.

Not sure how many times that I'll find myself in that situation again. But now I know, I guess.

As pointed out the most recent Nvidia promotion ended recently (Destiny 2). There will likely be one announced within the next few weeks. It could be announced at any time. Typically they'll do 1 or 2 different ones based on the level of cards i.e. lower level cards will get the weaker one with perhaps some decent indie style games (1050-60) and higher level/more expensive cards will get the AAA quality (1070-80).

Multiple games are VERY rare. The current AMD promotion is a multiple game one, but there are sometimes choices i.e. the last few years they've (NVidia) have done promotions with Ubisoft and with those mostly had choices available, however sometimes it's only a single title take it or leave it (i.e. Metal Gear Solid/Batman Arkham Knight/Destiny 2). Don't expect multiple games, but I totally expect a Fall/Winter Nvidia promotion to be announced soon, probably in early October.

As for this year, I think something around the new Assassin's Creed is a possibility if they're sticking with Ubisoft which has been the case the past few winters. Ubi does not have a lot of releases this fall, so choice will be limited if they are with Ubi. My guess would be an Ass Creed one very soon and then in the late winter/spring they'll do a choice one with South Park, The Crew 2, and Far Cry. They could potentially do that in Fall/Winter as well just a long wait for the release. Note that if they do one with Ubi, it will be a uPlay only title, not Steam. As for what other titles are possibilities, it completely depends what GPU company particular devs/pubs are working with i.e. Bethesda is with AMD right now, which has the Prey/Wolfenstein twofer promo going on now. Not sure about Nvidia beyond Ass Creed.

Square Enix largely has been with AMD as of late. The AMD Silver/Gold Rewards were always a lot of Squeenix titles.
Great stuff. Thanks.

1) It's possible to have too many activation attempts on steam keys even when you're using valid/unused keys. The limit is apparently 50 keys before getting sent to timeout for an hour.

2) While in that hour long timeout, you can't even buy anything directly from the steam store. Apparently that counts as an activation attempt. Which, seems kinda nuts. But, whatever.

Not sure how many times that I'll find myself in that situation again. But now I know, I guess.
Extremely surprised you never encountered this. At one point, it was 10 valid keys.

Extremely surprised you never encountered this. At one point, it was 10 valid keys.
I would think most people activate their keys after they've bought them, so it should be rare for anyone to encounter that, unless they buy multiple dollar bundles from BundleStars on the same day or hold off on key activations.

I've never encountered it, and have 6.5k games, but I always activate keys right after I get them.

I take forever since for every activated key (unless it's DLC) I add a howlongtobeat entry. Yes I'm somewhat crazy and yes it's extremely repetitive.

I would think most people activate their keys after they've bought them, so it should be rare for anyone to encounter that, unless they buy multiple dollar bundles from BundleStars on the same day or hold off on key activations.

I've never encountered it, and have 6.5k games, but I always activate keys right after I get them.
I've gotten it on single bundles with more than 10 games though. More than once.

Most recently was probably that one Humble Bundle with all the highly rated games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gotten it on single bundles with more than 10 games though. More than once.

Most recently was probably that one Humble Bundle with all the highly rated games.
I guess you're more likely to get that error if you don't buy too many bundles, for me I rarely activate more than 10 games from a single bundle unless it's an IG, due to repeats. I thought the cap used to be 25 games a couple of years ago, and then got raised to 50.

I guess you're more likely to get that error if you don't buy too many bundles, for me I rarely activate more than 10 games from a single bundle unless it's an IG, due to repeats. I thought the cap used to be 25 games a couple of years ago, and then got raised to 50.
Might have been higher than 10, unless it's lower if you repeatedly set it off.

It appears there was some house cleaning done on Steam today.  I had no cards in my inventory this morning and came home to see almost 8 pages worth of them, none of which can be sold.  All of them were garbage games that were given away (I think it's Zonitron games).  Thanks Gaben for the +20 removed games!

It appears there was some house cleaning done on Steam today. I had no cards in my inventory this morning and came home to see almost 8 pages worth of them, none of which can be sold. All of them were garbage games that were given away (I think it's Zonitron games). Thanks Gaben for the +20 removed games!
They got banned/removed from steam.

Ask yourself this: How many games in the last five or so years have you played on PC that wasn't also on a console?
Played - The Secret World / Secret World Legends; Torchlight 2; Her Story.

Purchased - StarCraft 2 (base-game) and Heart of the Swarm; Guild Wars 2.

EDIT:

WWE 2K18 for pc releasing same day as consoles...

https://wwe.2k.com/news/entries/wwe-2k18-coming-to-pc
tenor.gif

I think it's rate-limited to 20 within 10 minutes. I also activate all keys right away so I can idle them, but sometimes I get multiple IG gifts at once that total to over 20 games. ASF throws back a rate-limited error if I attempt more than 20 in one !redeem.

I was wondering when that changed... I used to get the timeout all the time when I was adding my bundle keys, but it's been over a year or two now since I'd seen that.

But yeah due to that, it'd be bundle stuff and indie games that I'm playing on the pc moreso than anything else.

While a fair amount of it does make it to consoles, as soon as they get into Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo's storefronts they rarely ever seem to go on sale.

None of that really pushing the envelope, so I can limp by with pretty ridiculously modest pc.

Despite that, it's amazing how quickly you can spiral from zero to "more games that you'll likely ever play in your life" on Steam, Origin, Uplay, GOG and Battle.net

Played - The Secret World / Secret World Legends; Torchlight 2; Her Story.

Purchased - StarCraft 2 (base-game) and Heart of the Swarm; Guild Wars 2.

EDIT:

tenor.gif
People are posting wrestling gifs again. You know what that means.

jWRCDOh.gif

The last two nights, I got back into PUBG after a ten+ day hiatus.  The first night I was hampered by Fox continually trying to kill me with a car but last night we had pretty good finishes in the top ten or top five.  In a duo with Dfg, he died first and I went on with a credible performance getting another two kills.  If you see Ashonmytomatoes in the Discord channel or Oalka on Steam, he's a guy I know from a different gaming (MMO) forum back in the day and not a Russian hacker trying to steal your Sakura cards.

Tonight the bros return to the field of Killing Floor 2 to get some exp, try the weekly, etc.  The weekly this time has Zeds gaining additional strength/speed/range when they hit you.  Suicidal, seven rounds.  I didn't notice anything different about the boss.  Reward is a suit of golden Horzine armor.  I guess the good news is that, provided you can keep them at range, it's not really any harder than a typical mission unlike previous weeks where the Zeds were buffed regardless.

Looking ahead to the weekend, we're going to try the CoD: WWII beta which will apparently allow you to play with friends.  Although technically scheduled for Saturday, I think we were planning on replacing BF1 with it this Friday night to give us more chance to play with it during regularly scheduled times.  It's a 20GB download, available for pre-download now.

GDPR strikes GMG

As part of our commitment to your privacy this email address has been automatically unsubscribed from our non-voucher email list. This email list typically receives games news, video recommendations, discussion points and competition notifications.                              

Moldova doesn’t have a steam page/website. Guess I’ll have to use Russia? Trying to buy some region locked games while I’m over here >.

hmmm, i would hope for cheap keys out of that, but it is a WB game. I have a feeling most people wont want to drop below 30$ for a key which is basically what the standard editions already go for anyway

hmmm, i would hope for cheap keys out of that, but it is a WB game. I have a feeling most people wont want to drop below 30$ for a key which is basically what the standard editions already go for anyway
I dunno. This game is already selling for $30-$40 without this promotion. The For Honor/Wildlands promotion plummeted hard i.e. I got one of those for $8. Granted those were uPlay keys. With the game available for basically $30, it just depends on proliferation and how long the promotion lasts. I think $15-$20 is not a stretch after some time. It will be interesting to see what the market is set at for these.

The last two nights, I got back into PUBG after a ten+ day hiatus. The first night I was hampered by Fox continually trying to kill me with a car but last night we had pretty good finishes in the top ten or top five. In a duo with Dfg, he died first and I went on with a credible performance getting another two kills. If you see Ashonmytomatoes in the Discord channel or Oalka on Steam, he's a guy I know from a different gaming (MMO) forum back in the day and not a Russian hacker trying to steal your Sakura cards.

Tonight the bros return to the field of Killing Floor 2 to get some exp, try the weekly, etc. The weekly this time has Zeds gaining additional strength/speed/range when they hit you. Suicidal, seven rounds. I didn't notice anything different about the boss. Reward is a suit of golden Horzine armor. I guess the good news is that, provided you can keep them at range, it's not really any harder than a typical mission unlike previous weeks where the Zeds were buffed regardless.

Looking ahead to the weekend, we're going to try the CoD: WWII beta which will apparently allow you to play with friends. Although technically scheduled for Saturday, I think we were planning on replacing BF1 with it this Friday night to give us more chance to play with it during regularly scheduled times. It's a 20GB download, available for pre-download now.
You guys are in luck, i gotta work late tonight so I wont be around to drag you down at KF2. Enjoy your new armor. I expect you all to wear it everytime we play to throw it in my face like syntax does with his backpack.

Should I buy a Shadow of War promo code for $35 and go through the hassle of trying to get it activated without a 1070/1080 or wait ten months for it to be $8 on Bundlestars?  :whistle2:k

Got that Warframe glitch. If they revoke it...that’s ridiculous

Oh no, people got a good deal on dumbass priced in game currency that makes the game p2w (sort of, but it’s not pvp so not so much)

The new one was announced today lol.

New Nvidia promotion is Shadow of War for buying a 1070/1080.
What's hilarious is that I am simultaneously happy that I waited - because now there is a bundle - and yet completely uninterested - because I have little desire to play the game on offer - and know it will barely cost a nickle in the Steam 2018 Summer Sale.

So....yea?

But seriously - thanks for the FYI.

Then people get refunds even if the page said no refunds on it, but seems so scummy when it's just in game currency that is the bulk of it
If they actually force refunds, I imagine it'll set off Valve's anti-scammerman policy and add that sweet 2-hour drop limit to all cards for the next year.

Valve removes nearly 200 cheap, ‘fake’ games from Steam

The entire Zonitron and Silicon Echo catalogue, gone

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/26/16368178/steam-shovelware-removed-asset-flipping

Points of interest.

They got around Steam direct in some kind of batch submission for a number of games per $100. Um, OK. You'd think Valve would have thought through that a bit more.

Author refers to Steam trading card market as "Gray market". Not sure how he figures that but ok.

I'm gonna miss more of those Goo games. Guess I'll just play my own Goo games with Tebow's mom... AMIRITE?!?!?

Valve removes nearly 200 cheap, ‘fake’ games from Steam

The entire Zonitron and Silicon Echo catalogue, gone

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/26/16368178/steam-shovelware-removed-asset-flipping

Points of interest.

They got around Steam direct in some kind of batch submission for a number of games per $100. Um, OK. You'd think Valve would have thought through that a bit more.

Author refers to Steam trading card market as "Gray market". Not sure how he figures that but ok.

I'm gonna miss more of those Goo games. Guess I'll just play my own Goo games with Tebow's mom... AMIRITE?!?!?
Old news at this point. But I "liked" your post because you managed to work a Tebow's Mom joke into a story about games getting removed from steam.

You are a man who is dedicated to his craft, and I appreciate that.

Fortnite Battle Royale mode is out and F2P but you have to DL from Epic Games.

Likely scheduling this in October at some point for that grumpy, cheap ass who refuses to buy PUBG.  BUY PUBG WEILER!

bread's done
Back