Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Valve removes nearly 200 cheap, ‘fake’ games from Steam

The entire Zonitron and Silicon Echo catalogue, gone

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/26/16368178/steam-shovelware-removed-asset-flipping

Points of interest.

They got around Steam direct in some kind of batch submission for a number of games per $100. Um, OK. You'd think Valve would have thought through that a bit more.

Author refers to Steam trading card market as "Gray market". Not sure how he figures that but ok.

I'm gonna miss more of those Goo games. Guess I'll just play my own Goo games with Tebow's mom... AMIRITE?!?!?
No wonder Clickey in the new Indiegala bundle had no Steam page. I think the only game that may be worth trying, and is still on Steam is Camera Obscura game.

Let's call it the Complete Edition. I don't think it's got much chance to make many GotY lists.
Based on what, exactly? The first game won a ton of accolades and its largely considered the best Tolkien related game ever. Its hardly a stretch to think the sequel can be equally impressive considering its coming from the same team. The Nemesis system is legitimately a great mechanic that they created and if its improved it stands to reason this game is going to be even better.

If there's any game out there that's soon to come out that is likely going to be in GOTY discussion before it even drops, its Shadow of War.

We're not talking about COD or Ass Creed here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on what, exactly? The first game won a ton of accolades and its largely considered the best Tolkien related game ever. Its hardly a stretch to think the sequel can be equally impressive considering its coming from the same team. The Nemesis system is legitimately a great mechanic that they created and if its improved it stands to reason this game is going to be even better.

If there's any game out there that's soon to come out that is likely going to be in GOTY discussion before it even drops, its Shadow of War.

We're not talking about COD or Ass Creed here.
I think he just means due to all the microtransactions controversy.

Fortnite Battle Royale mode is out and F2P but you have to DL from Epic Games.

Likely scheduling this in October at some point for that grumpy, cheap ass who refuses to buy PUBG. BUY PUBG WEILER!
<$5 is my price for this shit gamemode. Just no interest in this crap. Didnt play it in ark, didnt play the culling, not interested in pubg

Well I played Fortnite BR and didn't like it, its a dumbed down more arcadey take on pubg that strips it for the thing that I liked the most, the tacticool gameplay.

I wouldn't recommend it.

<$5 is my price for this shit gamemode. Just no interest in this crap. Didnt play it in ark, didnt play the culling, not interested in pubg
That's why the Fortnite one is free and I expect you there.

you mean battlefront II?

Nemesis engine was great. "man-filth" ahaahah, havent heard insults as good since the last time Bah played BF1
No, the lord of the rings game.

Well I played Fortnite BR and didn't like it, its a dumbed down more arcadey take on pubg that strips it for the thing that I liked the most, the tacticool gameplay.

I wouldn't recommend it.
That's disappointing to hear, but not surprising. Fortnite itself looks too cartoony for my taste and the promo video for the BR mode looked too random. Like traps and all this stuff. Seemed like a luck or troll death game.

I wouldn't recommend it.
Ehhh I played a couple rounds and fount it fun since the matches are way shorter, and it runs better than pubg so far.

Ordered a Logitech Prodigy Gaming Keyboard & Mouse Combo, which includes G403 Mouse & G213 KB, over the weekend (Saturday). It arrived today. Got it all connected and I am installing the Logitech Gaming Software (newest version).

What does everybody have and use for Mice and Keyboards these days?

I think he just means due to all the microtransactions controversy.
Fair enough argument. Im over complaining about microtransactions unless its something truly off the wall like that NBA 2K18 nonsense. It remains to be seen how Shadow of War's will affect the gameplay directly.

you mean battlefront II?

Nemesis engine was great. "man-filth" ahaahah, havent heard insults as good since the last time Bah played BF1
My favorite Orc insult was "I'm gonna shove a burning log so far up your arse, your Ranger friends are gonna think you're a dragon."

Ordered a Logitech Prodigy Gaming Keyboard & Mouse Combo, which includes G403 Mouse & G213 KB, over the weekend (Saturday). It arrived today. Got it all connected and I am installing the Logitech Gaming Software (newest version).

my k/m combo is 5 years old and still works fine (except it looks old). Logitech made some good equipments. You won't be disappointed.

I remember the first time I was in game, fighting a swarm of orcs, when this massive orc appeared dressed in skulls and spikes, roared and called me a nip nard. It was like I was right there in Middle Earth.

I'm using an ancient G15 keyboard and a G402 mouse, both by Logitech.

Ha man-filth, that game was awesome.

I'm using a G602 mouse and a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard from 10 years ago. The mouse is great, but I'm in need of a keyboard upgrade. The shift key sometimes doesn't work and as some of you found out yesterday, I don't even have an insert key lol.
4d15750214ddda9243a02688ec45f0be.jpg

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire

Hmm, already bought SoW from CDKeys. Promo keys probably won't be much cheaper, though.

my k/m combo is 5 years old and still works fine (except it looks old). Logitech made some good equipments. You won't be disappointed.
I have the G600 MMO Mouse. I love that mouse, but maybe 12 buttons on the side is a bit much. In some games, b/c of where I was pressing, I had to double-up w/ where I put keys...since I was accidentally hitting other keys when trying to just hit one.

But, OMG @ the typing on this G213 KB. I love the feel of this keyboard already; I feel like already I'm pushing less on the keys, but typing faster since I can feel when I'm hitting they keys better (when opposed to my old Microsoft Digital Media Pro KB). The sound here on the G213 here also reminds me quite a bit of the "click-clacking" sounds & feels of the old (mechanical) KB's from back in the old days.

I've always loved their Logitech Gaming Software w/ set-up of the illumination of the KB/mouse, keys, macros, profiles for different games, etc etc - and this version looks to also continue that trend.

Fair enough argument. Im over complaining about microtransactions unless its something truly off the wall like that NBA 2K18 nonsense. It remains to be seen how Shadow of War's will affect the gameplay directly.

My favorite Orc insult was "I'm gonna shove a burning log so far up your arse, your Ranger friends are gonna think you're a dragon."
I need to play more of that game...

Mouse: Logitech G700

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech 302

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB

I just recently found out that I can change the LED lighting on the mouse, so that's nice.  No real complaints on either so far.  

Mouse: Logitech G502 with a G602 as a backup that I never use.

Keyboard: My first mechanical was a Das Keyboard with brown switches, now I have a Corsair K70 RGB with blue switches.

Mouse: Logitech G502 with a G602 as a backup that I never use.

Keyboard: My first mechanical was a Das Keyboard with brown switches, now I have a Corsair K70 RGB with blue switches.
We're doing backup's too?

Mouse: Logitech G500

Keyboard: Logitech G510

Meh, just tried a round of Fortnite BR and was not impressed.  Glided down to a house, saw a whole bunch of stuff that said "Press E to pick up" but I wasn't able to pick anything up.  Was able to open doors so not sure what that was about.  Then the game booted me because of connection lost before anything else could happen.  Will try it again later.  

Meh, just tried a round of Fortnite BR and was not impressed. Glided down to a house, saw a whole bunch of stuff that said "Press E to pick up" but I wasn't able to pick anything up. Was able to open doors so not sure what that was about. Then the game booted me because of connection lost before anything else could happen. Will try it again later.
Lol I was going to try it, but decided I'd rather play PUBG.

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013

Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

I really like the dedicated calculator button in the keyboard, also this was meant just to be a temporary solution until I found a mechanical one with the spanish layout but then 2+ years later I think that this is still fine.

SeasonalCAG Hardware Aggressor:

Congrats on finding something to make me come out of my lurker status, "Hardware Talk" and on your new keyboard and mouse.

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark

Mouse mat (Even though not asked): Corsair Gaming MM300

Which is making me want to switch out my keyboard and mouse but tried out some Corsair mouses instore and read reviews and none are jumping out at me. Although I do like the Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM keyboard so could just keep the G502 and mismatch which will hurt my soul like my mouse mat is doing to me now.

Logitech 502 mouse, 910 keyboard. Love the 502's ergonomics and sensitivity, hate the braided usb sheath which inevitably pinches the cable until it breaks. I'm on my 4th 502...they usually last about a year or two before I abuse warranties and get a new one.

Only had the 910 for two weeks. I like it. Types nice, extra macro keys are more handy than I was expecting. Cell phone dock thing is kinda dumb, but might be more functional if I actually sat at a desk. Flashy colors suit my 1337 pro gaming lifestyle. In retrospect, I probably could have went with something cheaper, but impulsive purchasing is a bitch.

Mouse: Logitech G602

Keyboard: Logitech K120

Just bought the G602. This is my first non crappy mouse in years. Previously I just had a Amazon basics mouse. I was away from pc gaming for a while before I built my current machine in 2015. Keyboard is the next upgrade before a new build sometime next year I bet. Haven't played anything to really put it through its paces since getting it, been playing West of Loathing, SteamWorld Dig 2 and Heat Signature.

Mouse: Logitech Mx Master
Keyboard: Logitech G105

The mouse is awesome wireless and wired. it's not a gaming mouse but works good for gaming in my experience, cannot have a better mouse for content creation or reddit though. (I hate using any mouse that doesn't have a back and forward button)
The keyboard is a very affordable backlit keyboard with Macros. Backlit blue at 2 intensities. No Cherry Keys nothing to fancy price is good. I will upgrade this first could have better keys and usb and audio pass through.

SeasonalCAG Hardware Aggressor:

Congrats on finding something to make me come out of my lurker status, "Hardware Talk" and on your new keyboard and mouse.

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark

Mouse mat (Even though not asked): Corsair Gaming MM300

Which is making me want to switch out my keyboard and mouse but tried out some Corsair mouses instore and read reviews and none are jumping out at me. Although I do like the Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM keyboard so could just keep the G502 and mismatch which will hurt my soul like my mouse mat is doing to me now.
Mouse pads too?

Razer Destructor

Meh, just tried a round of Fortnite BR and was not impressed. Glided down to a house, saw a whole bunch of stuff that said "Press E to pick up" but I wasn't able to pick anything up. Was able to open doors so not sure what that was about. Then the game booted me because of connection lost before anything else could happen. Will try it again later.
I was just playing it and it seemed alright for a shooter but nothing special. It will prob be much better in a team though.

Mouse: EVGA Torq X10

Keyboard: Rosewill RK9000-V2

Both of these I got on deals after for a long time using budget/no brand components and decided I wanted something a little more specialized each time. The mouse has been very good to me. Its got a nice weight system to it where you can put these little weights into to make it heavier and a hole in the bottom that you stick a key into to raise/lower the button platform and palm rest. I've had it for just under 2 years. I bought it via Reddit Hardware Swap new from someone who got it in a pack in with something so it was only $20 when it retailed for $60 at the time (its not that expensive now as no one bought them). I'm going to be looking for another mouse in the near future as while Ive had no issues with it, but the thumb buttons are wayyy too touchy.

I wanted a mechanical gaming keyboard and the Rosewill had good reviews and was on sale for a great price. Its simple, but nice and heavy, with a great cord. There's nothing special about it except that it does its job exceptionally well. Im fine with it for the time being, but would upgrade if I got a steal of a deal, but its not a priority by any means. It has the Cherry MX blues and no LEDs.

mouse: g502 rgb

keyboard: razer blackwidow quiet mechanical

love the mouse, great weight to it and good amount of options

keyboard I been using for a few years now, no issues so far. Razer may get a bad rap, and they are overpriced, but if you can grab one of their keyboards during the annual 50% off sale then I highly recommend it, at half price they are great

Who needs a fancy keyboard?  Lol.  I'm glad I jumped on PUBG instead of Fortnite:

tu5cux3.jpg

It also helped I changed my DPI settings from like 2500 to 600.

Who needs a fancy keyboard? Lol. I'm glad I jumped on PUBG instead of Fortnite:

tu5cux3.jpg

It also helped I changed my DPI settings from like 2500 to 600.
Psh, everyone knows real men game at 12,000 DPI. Helps hit those sick trickshots. Trust me, I seen it in a YouTube video one time.

regarding recent cards that some may have in their collection that are not marketable i.e. Goocubelets, Why so evil, deadly profits, julai, etc...  let me know if interested in trading cards to complete sets for badge crafting or if you want to sell to me instead of converting to gems.

Myster D, to answer your question

mouse - logitech m705

keyboard - generic (seriously have no idea of brand) 

mousepad - freebie that I got years ago

headphones - sony mdr 7506 or ath m50 for music, razer headset for gaming when conversing with friends

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire

Hmm, already bought SoW from CDKeys. Promo keys probably won't be much cheaper, though.
Good choices!!! This is pretty much my set up also. Only difference is I have the Corsair k70 rapidfire regular (not RGB, whatever its called).

Love the G502

. My favorite mouse so far.

mouse - logitech g700s. wireless with alot of keys, for my Diablo'n

keyboard - logitech k750, wireless & solar powered, no batteries, bitches!!!

bread's done
Back