Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Battlefield Revolution is 30 bucks on Origin

Pretty phenomenal price for the complete edition considering all the DLC has yet to be released

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyanos, Syntax, Spoder and I played Road Redemption yesterday. I already knew the game was fun in MP, but playing with the bros was truly amazing. Need to reschedule. I learned some things:
1) Spoder is santa and a traitor
2) Syntax is always behind me, waiting for me to drop a can bomb (as weird as it sounds)
3) Blue FTW

R.I.P Visceral Games.

DMXQYSZX0AAQHZM.jpg
The funny thing is, I remember when EA was a brand new company. They packaged games like record albums. They had a philosophy of putting the developer names on the game boxes (which was not typically done), and allegedly were to pay them better and treat them like rock stars. I had games like M.U.L E., Pinball Construction Set, The Larry Bird/Dr. J basketball game where you could shatter the backboard. They were founded on forward thinking philosophies. When did things start to go downhill? When did they become a corporate monster? Madden?

TLDR: I'm old.

Yeah, Road Redemption was good times although we had light attendance due to some people having real life stuff pop up.  We'll likely reschedule it for next month some time since October is all booked up.  You can't host private games but rather you tell the game how many open slots the server will need and then invite your friends once you're in.  Pretty sure the servers have ten slots so, if you have 6-8 people, you're going to largely dominate the server population.  Last night, I think our server wasn't full much of the time so I don't know how popular the multiplayer is but that only works to our advantage in faking a private game.  And, yes, despite nominally being on my team Juanjava had a bad habit of dropping pipe bombs in my path during the race.

Tonight we're playing Red Faction: Guerilla which combines shooting people with knocking shit over.  This is another game from the "Everyone said they'd play this again... eight months ago" archive so maybe you still have it installed.  Or maybe you need to install it.  But you do need to be there, or else we'll come to your house and shoot things and knock shit over.

Installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update overnight. I dunno how long it took, but I know it took a while for a few people on Facebook so may want to schedule it similarly.

The most interesting addition for me was the addition of GPU monitoring to the task manager

Driver version: 23.21.13.8792
Driver date: 10/05/2017
DirectX version: 12 (FL 12.1)
Physical location: PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0

Utilization 1%
Dedicated GPU memory 0.2/8.0 GB
Shared GPU memory 0.0/8.0 GB
GPU Memory 0.3/16.0 GB

Thats what it shows when you copy/paste it. It doesn't do temps or anything like that. It shows up in the Performance section of Task Manager.

There's an emoji keyboard that is accessible by pressing the Windows key and the period (.) (I put some emojis here from the keyboard and after I pressed send they disappeared lol)

Calculator does currency conversions now with updated exchange rates whenever you want them. I don't know what source they use.

Here's some detailed stuff. I dont care about the VR thing.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/10/windows-10-fall-creators-update-lots-of-small-changes-and-maybe-the-revolution/

Well, as it's fresh in the brain I have to say--the only "rules of the road" in Mafia III are these: 1) don't get in an accident with a police car [seriously, they'll come after you like you're John Dillinger], and 2) don't run over pedestrians in the line-of-sight of a police officer.
Sound advice for RL as well. Thanks!

The funny thing is, I remember when EA was a brand new company. They packaged games like record albums. They had a philosophy of putting the developer names on the game boxes (which was not typically done), and allegedly were to pay them better and treat them like rock stars. I had games like M.U.L E., Pinball Construction Set, The Larry Bird/Dr. J basketball game where you could shatter the backboard. They were founded on forward thinking philosophies. When did things start to go downhill? When did they become a corporate monster? Madden?

TLDR: I'm old.
Nah, it wasn't Madden, at least the beginning of Madden as Madden was the first 11 vs 11 football game and was a hugely revolutionary title.

I think, truthfully, it started with the Dreamcast as they decided it wasn't worth their time and skipped it.

They even thought about releasing their own console... or at least that was the rumors.

I think, truthfully, it started with the Dreamcast as they decided it wasn't worth their time and skipped it.
This was Sega's fault. Sega Sports was already a thing. Sega tried to play hardball and lost. The fact that the PS2 was already in development and PSX was already the market leader also hurt the Dreamcast. People were willing to wait as Sega's strategy (despite the Dreamcast being a good console) in marketing was terrible post-launch. EA putting games on Dreamcast alone doesnt keep it alive. EA was already huge in 99 as well.

EA exploded when they started purchasing exclusive rights to things. They killed their competition doing this. They also relied heavily on yearly titles, especially with the sports titles, which keeps development costs way down since a lot of these titles are on the same engines and are just roster updates with some minimal gameplay tweaks. Sell millions of copies of Madden and FIFA year to year without having to do much.

Yes, it began with Madden. The explosion of that franchise alone gave EA the corporate strength to start buying studios.

Seems a little low, actually.

On the KF2 front, the stuff you get from the Dosh Vault will be tradeable in a few weeks so something to consider if you get doubles or stuff you'll never use and were considering Recycling it.  Of course, after a few weeks of people using the Vault, I don't know what the value will be for that stuff.

Edit: Or not, looks like the source was in error

On the KF2 front, the stuff you get from the Dosh Vault will be tradeable in a few weeks so something to consider if you get doubles or stuff you'll never use and were considering Recycling it. Of course, after a few weeks of people using the Vault, I don't know what the value will be for that stuff.
I got a craptastic yellow gas mask only for one character. 1 cent here I come.

BTW, the map Fox found is basically cheating. In no reasonable world should I be soloing suicidal weeklies on the first try.

Georgebot, go to the KF2 workshop and download KF-Construct. You should be able to solo that easy.

BTW, the map Fox found is basically cheating. In no reasonable world should I be soloing suicidal weeklies on the first try.

Georgebot, go to the KF2 workshop and download KF-Construct. You should be able to solo that easy.
What's the map?
Edit: the KF-construct thing?

I think of it more as Easy Mode. Cheating would be if Zeds were blocked from reaching you or it manipulated the spawns or something.

I agree that Fox is a terrible person though for finding that map.

I'm just glad to be able to help with the map I found. I don't mind sharing with other people. It's even helped Syntax.

Yes, KF-Construct. It's basically a wide open plain so it's hard to get swarmed or trapped and you can easily avoid missile attacks from Husks or the Patriarch. Boring for regular play but nice for grinding weekly events or now daily Dosh rewards.

Wish people would get soft-banned for writing stupid ass reviews on Steam that have nothing to do with the actual game.

South Park Butthole has terrible reviews because ppl hate MTX's and  Denuvo and UPLAY.

Ridiculous.

Read FissFiss's post then found a coupon for a free doughnut in my desk drawer. 11/10 would take a free doughnut again.

On the KF2 front, the stuff you get from the Dosh Vault will be tradeable in a few weeks so something to consider if you get doubles or stuff you'll never use and were considering Recycling it. Of course, after a few weeks of people using the Vault, I don't know what the value will be for that stuff.
Wait, where did you read that? I thought all rewards from Dosh Vault would be untradable and unmarketable. Wouldn't make any sense to change that.

Edit. Pedro, did you learn from Spoder how to cheat in a game? Why can't you learn the good things instead :(

Wish people would get soft-banned for writing stupid ass reviews on Steam that have nothing to do with the actual game.

South Park Butthole has terrible reviews because ppl hate MTX's and Denuvo and UPLAY.

Ridiculous.
What are MTX's?

I played like 10 minutes last night. Was fun. More of the same from the first, which is not a bad thing.

Wait, where did you read that? I thought all rewards from Dosh Vault would be untradable and unmarketable. Wouldn't make any sense to change that.
I saw it referenced here. But that may have either been deleted as an error or fake because searching TWMolly's posts or searching the forum for "limited time" both turn up nothing. So my mistake if not. Plus, in the pinned thread, TWMolly said:

Rewards obtained via the Dosh Vault will be only obtainable this way and will not be tradable or marketable. These items can include variants of existing weapon skins, character skins, and cosmetic skins, as well as some brand new things as the system evolves and grows!
So I have to assume that what I read was a mistake or troll.

Edit. Pedro, did you learn from Spoder how to cheat in a game? Why can't you learn the good things instead :(
Fox has no respect for the developer's intent for the game which is what makes him a terrible person and fake gamer. Then he tells other people and ruins the game for everyone. What's the point of a gold shark hat if just anyone can get a gold shark hat?

I tend to agree with this. The worst are the ones who give a negative review because a game won't work on their potato.

They should at least be forced to classify the negative review.

The ones who scream about uPlay deserve kicks to the skull. it says right on the game page.

I like how fallout 4 is getting so many terrible reviews lately and its all about paid mods, i like the ones where people have 500+ hours in the game and complain about paying for mods.  I think you got your moneys worth if you played it that long even if you paid full price for the game.  Hopefully this means it will drop to 4.99 soon!

I haven't followed the whole paid mod thing: Are you still able to use your old Nexus mods or free Steam Workshop mods?  Because if they removed that functionality then I don't care how many hours I have in a game, it's worthy of a bad review.

I haven't followed the whole paid mod thing: Are you still able to use your old Nexus mods or free Steam Workshop mods? Because if they removed that functionality then I don't care how many hours I have in a game, it's worthy of a bad review.
Yes all free mods still work. And certain Items on the Creation Club are actually discounted 100% from time to time. So as long as you are patient eventually all paid mods will be free at some point or another.

Yes, KF-Construct. It's basically a wide open plain so it's hard to get swarmed or trapped and you can easily avoid missile attacks from Husks or the Patriarch. Boring for regular play but nice for grinding weekly events or now daily Dosh rewards.
its also easy to see ammo crates on the map if you need them. Skraks can be half dead before they even get near you. The dont even actively chase from far enough away unless you are shooting them.

Don't buy it.
Multi-only

High MSRP

Lots of issues with the game up until the latest update which hasnt fixed everything

Unless 75%, don't do it.
Been wanting to try it since release, but I heard a lot or problems along with some developer BS.

Was gonna grab it to play with friends and other things, but that's why I was curious if you all think it'll be on sale for Halloween.. surprised it wasn't on sale for Friday the 13th.

Friday the 13th is pretty much an example of how to kill your game through pricing practices. People have forgiven all sorts of BS buggy crap in DBD but BS buggy crap + overpriced and never on sale is a non-starter.

bread's done
Back