Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I remember throwing out the idea of playing Battlefield Heroes, pre-bronights, but it never worked out.

Halloween haul of games I will not play because PUBG:

Get Even

Darkwoods

Five Nights at Freddy's 3 and 4

ETS2 and ATS Heavy Cargo DLC

Conarium

Observer

Through the Woods

Barrow Hill: The Dark Path

Halloween Haul of Games I will actually play:

KF2 Deluxe Upgrade for the sweet DJ Scully action 

Last night the bros played Damned, which is something we play on occasion. It's basically a Dead By Daylight-like game with asymmetric PVP (one killer/monster vs 4 survivors). It still runs like crap but the game has a lot of character and is a good time for the most part. The biggest issue with it is its incredibly imbalanced. We played 10 rounds, the monster won all 10 (each person got to be the killer twice). Yet, despite its flaws its got a lot of character and was an enjoyable 2 hours. 

Tonight is the return of Dead By Daylight due to the double blood points weekend and we continue the Halloween theme early next week with Zombie Army Trilogy. Ghost Recon Wildlands PVP was originally scheduled tonight, but its been bumped to next Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing that 2D-style side-scrolling action-game/RPG Dex, since it has a Demo.

Feels like a side-scrolling action game (like a Metroid) and RPG in a cyberpunk setting (think Deus Ex). Punch, kill, shoot, stealth, jump around, hack stuff, lockpick stuff - yeah, it's fun. Yup, I'm digging this.

Looks like this will get a purchase from me, before this Halloween sale ends.

EDIT:

Approx. some 2 hours it took to finish the Demo. Sweet.

Halloween 2017 Sales Haul:

Steam:

01. Dex: Game + Soundtrack Bundle 

02. Dark Fall 1: The Journal

03. Dark Fall 2: Lights Out

Whew, was about to gift it (Dex) to you. Happy late birthday! Thanks for saving me.
Much appreciated, on all fronts!

It's nice being 37 now, I guess.

3 more years until the Big 40.

Been a great birthday week and all, on vacation from work and all - been playing lots of games, catching up on TV, and whatnot.

This week has certainly flown by.

I just couldn't pass spending some of my Gaben GC Bux up...finally. [shrug]

Still got a bit left, too.

Watched the new Wolfenstein on YouTube. Unmitigated disaster. Come at me, console bros!!!!
Mario's nipples care not for your petty discourse.

nipples1.png

Eh, two things... Walmart does their own distribution so if they don't have the product in stock 95% of the time the fault is entirely theirs... Second, if your looking at Bravia TVs you don't care about quality or money and no doubt can afford to spend 60 dollars for preoloading and sell the code at a loss.
I can't argue with either of these points. The Peasantstation line of consoles are the only products I buy from Sony.

Much appreciated, on all fronts!

It's nice being 37 now, I guess.

3 more years until the Big 40.

Been a great birthday week and all, on vacation from work and all - been playing lots of games, catching up on TV, and whatnot.

This week has certainly flown by.

I just couldn't pass spending some of my Gaben GC Bux up...finally. [shrug]

Still got a bit left, too.
Happy late birthday D!

I just read Stranger Things season 2 came out today.

Sucks because I was off today and I have to get up early tomorrow and I'll be busy for the first half of the day.

No, seriously, the game is terrible. Maybe 3-4 hours of actual gameplay plus another 3 or so of over-the-top agenda-driven cutscenes... and this is coming from someone who is fairly liberal.
That seems odd. That certainly doesn't track with TNO regarding playtime for me. I've played about 30min of Wolf2 so far seemed ok to me.

I just read Stranger Things season 2 came out today.

Sucks because I was off today and I have to get up early tomorrow and I'll be busy for the first half of the day.
Friends came over tonight. We had some Surlys and liquors after dinner and made it through 5 of 9 episodes in one sitting. It was a good night.

Lord knows it's going to get spoilery on the internet in a couple days.

Friends came over tonight. We had some Surlys and liquors after dinner and made it through 5 of 9 episodes in one sitting. It was a good night.

Lord knows it's going to get spoilery on the internet in a couple days.
This is why I was so bummed I forgot about it.

Gotta be all careful until I can marathon it.

...stranger things, have happened /rimshot
WELL SHIT!

Thanks for the spoilers.

Hell of a read... Granted, it's like reading the Captain's Log of the RMS Titanic.

Also happy birthday.
Sounds like way too many different ideas, cooks, chefs, and workers in the kitchen at Visceral.

And thanks for the belated BD Wishes; much appreciated!!! :)

So, maybe I missed this, but Torment: Tides of Numenera's on free weekend on Steam.

Anyone got thoughts on this?

Is it as great as the legendary Planescape: Torment? Or close to it? Or maybe.... *gasp* better?

Got it downloaded and all - but, yeah...gonna have to check it out.

So, maybe I missed this, but Torment: Tides of Numenera's on free weekend on Steam.

Anyone got thoughts on this?

Is it as great as the legendary Planescape: Torment? Or close to it? Or maybe.... *gasp* better?

Got it downloaded and all - but, yeah...gonna have to check it out.
please play it and let us know what torment you experience on our behalf

FF15 minimum and recommended specs per PC Gamer

The minimum recommended specs are a GTX 760 or equivalent, an i5-2400 or FX-6100 CPU and 8GB RAM. That should put it in play for most people.

For the recommended specs you'll need a GTX 1060, which most mid-range rigs will reach, but the CPU and RAM requirements might be a touch high for some: an i7 3770 or an FX-8350 alongside 16GB of RAM (admittedly, those CPUs are quite old, so hopefully a newer i5 should cut it).
Those are surprisingly decent. As expected those wacky early requirements when the announcement was first made are for the highest of features (4K/8K HDR, etc.). It also points to the chance that the port is good.

That seems odd. That certainly doesn't track with TNO regarding playtime for me. I've played about 30min of Wolf2 so far seemed ok to me.
Yeah, I've played through the very first portion* (playtime says 2.6hrs but let's call it 90min since I kept getting interrupted) and no complaints so far. Even in the exposition heavy first parts, it's more killing Nazis and good times. Mooby's gonna Mooby I guess. I'm not going to say it's Best Game Ever since I just started but it's definitely more Wolfenstein so far. Plus actually shooting people is probably more fun than watching someone else shoot them on YouTube. Beginning part of the game is much better than the tedious 20-40min of creeping around a castle or unplugging robot soldiers from TNO/TOB.

All praise Vulkan. On my R9 290X (4GB) it's getting consistent 60-70fps on Ultra at 1080. Not quite as breathtaking as DOOM where I was getting 120-150fps maxed out but if I can play a brand new game on Ultra at "only" 65fps on my older card, I'm not complaining.

* Not really a story spoiler but, the parts I played were...
Beginning story bits, U-Boat get captured, U-Boat get freed, kill the bad guys on U-Boat, set sail for America
...which I assume is pretty much the prelude sections. So after 90-120 minutes, I'm not even in America yet.

bread's done
Back