Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Dunno if this had been mentioned before but SeedyKeys has Torment Tides of Numenera for $8 ($45 on steam)

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure it's a steep discount -- typically Steam sales are now so lackluster that converting your actual money into Steam bucks is a losing proposition.
bDXTnKP.gif

EA Origin Sale:

Titanfall 2 (regular edition) = $10.

Titanfall 2: Ultimate = $15.

Battlefield 1: Revolution Edition / Titanfall 2: Ultimate Bundle = $40

Battlefield 1: Revolution (Base Game + Premium Pass) = $30

Battlefield 1 (Base Game Only) = $20

Battlefield 1: Premium Pass (DLC Only) = $15

Dunno if this had been mentioned before but SeedyKeys has Torment Tides of Numenera for $8 ($45 on steam)
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite for $11 and Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition for $25 also seem like solid deals.

Region locked, my bad.

Haven't been in a gamestop in years but I'd be surprised if they had very many steam links in stock. Might have to stop by that evening after the crowds are gone and see if I get lucky.

Marvel vs Capcom is a region locked one that won't activate in NA though so be careful.
Didn't notice that, thanks for the heads up. Not like I'd buy that pile of garbage anyways. RE7 is region locked too, so I'm gonna edit my post.

I started to think about video games = art and decided to post my findings...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsa1ZvzFgvU

No wonder it wasn't nearly as good as the first.
Indeed, my wife is a pvz fanatic and was so excited for a sequel. After playing it for a few weeks she gave up and went back to the original, which she still replays all the time. Apparently the first part of the game was just fine, but after a few worlds in it turns in to a huge grind where you just have to play levels over and over again to grind up points to move on

No wonder it wasn't nearly as good as the first.
I dunno... I thought there were some really good ideas in PvZ2, but you could really tell when you started to hit that pay wall -- the game became nearly impossible. I stopped playing it when I hit that point. because fuck paying to advance in a game.

I bought several copies of PvZ for various devices, but I didn't spend a dime on PvZ2. I'm sure lots of people did, but to hell with EA and them ruining game after game. It's a plague to the industry in the long run.

I still wouldn't get the pc version on pc, apparently the game's online is empty unless you're planning to play offline/locals
"apparently"

don't use the word, we're pc master race, we know damn well how many who's are playing what's when

http://steamcharts.com/app/493840

Ya i'd be pretty skeptical about buying it on PC too. But game could be dead on consoles for all we know as well, they don't tell us

Where else would you get the PC version?
On the commodore 64

"apparently"

don't use the word, we're pc master race, we know damn well how many who's are playing what's when

http://steamcharts.com/app/493840

Ya i'd be pretty skeptical about buying it on PC too. But game could be dead on consoles for all we know as well, they don't tell us
It's just generally known to buy fighting games on the ps4 this generation because most of the tournament players stick to ps4 thus you get a large following going there.

It isn't my prefer choice either to play on the ps4..
You can find tournaments on reddit if you really do invest into the MVCI's pc version.

what would be the advantage for playing the PC version? The PS4 version can still do 60 fps right?
Frame Data Mods which tells you how many frames a hit was for an example 1frame start for a punch which is useful for mid/higher-end players.

Shaders too like any other pc game.

So not much, if the game is ever lower than $10 on pc I would highly recommend it with a group.
The gameplay is very solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zC_rlACPcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAxuwz_RyuE

Whenever EA gets its mitts on a developer it's game over.

ax0Yp0W_700b.jpg

And, of course, you kind find half a dozen other memes on the varying developers getting shot and left in the gutter.
I'm wondering when DICE and BioWare are next. I'm hoping it won't happen - but it's EA, so it's inevitable.

My first thought was that if I bought this, I'd never use it and it would essentially be paying $5 for a paperweight.

Then I realized that $5 for a paperweight is actually an OK deal.

In 4 1 fairly-priced paperweight.
If you have a PC and HDTV, don't have cables (especially if they're a distance away), and need to stream one to the other - Steam Link's a steal at $5.

Steam Link's built into my Samsung 4K HDTV...and it streams Steam-games just fine.

Bioware has been dead already for years.  Might as well put them out of their misery and let the brand die with whatever dignity it has left. 

s00per game journalist review!!!!

Hand of Fate 2 is good.  If you liked the first you'll like the second (big surprise, right?).  Only thing some people might not like is the game is centered around 'challenges' sort of like the DLC in the first game.  Each level has a 'quest/objective' and they're somewhat more complicated as you get to the harder ones.  You have to alter your 'loadout' (encounter, item, etc. cards) to optimize your chances of success on a given mission.  There's also certain limiting factors for different challenges (food doesn't heal, you have to accomplish X before Y happens, etc.).  The various facets they add make for a deeper experience and puts them in a good place for some interesting DLC.

15-20ish hours to beat the main campaign/missions with probably another 10-15 if you want to get a bunch of achievements/unlock all the tokens/items/encounters.  Endless mode is being added later as a free DLC.

Edit: I'll give it one noticeable con -- movement/combat is a bit less fluid than the first game.  Movement particularly feels a bit sluggish.  It's something you probably won't notice if you haven't played a few dozen hours of Hand of Fate 1, though.

Best news for me today. Hopefully that's a glimpse of a miracle for NW2 coming as well on Steam
I would love to see all of NWN1&2 hitting Steam (and GOG, too) with all of their content.

Nice to see NWN1: EE coming w/ the last 3 BioWare Premium Mods, too - you couldn't buy those anywhere at retail or digitally outside of BioWare themselves, until now. That content and bumping up UI to 1080p or 4K sounds like the real reasons someone would buy this.

It's not hard to argue DICE has already fallen; they probably peaked with Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and each successive release since then has been progressively less fun and impressive (other than graphics, of course). E.g., whatever happened to large-scale environmental damage in their games? I used to be able to run around with C4 (or a tank, or call in mortars, whatevs) and pancake entire buildings--almost any building on almost any map--down on people's heads. It was glorious. By the time BF4 rolled around all that was left was minor environmental degradation (fences, walls and windows being broken, etc.) and a small handful of scripted events (e.g. the tower collapse) that the players themselves had no role in. Battlefield 1 and Battlefront II are still OK games, I'm not saying they've completely mailed it in yet, but neither those nor anything else DICE has done in the past few years is remotely as good as BFBC2 or BF2142, IMO.

I'm wondering when DICE and BioWare are next. I'm hoping it won't happen - but it's EA, so it's inevitable.

they probably peaked with Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and each successive release since then has been progressively less fun and impressive (other than graphics, of course). E.g., whatever happened to large-scale environmental damage in their games? I used to be able to run around with C4 (or a tank, or call in mortars, whatevs) and pancake entire buildings--almost any building on almost any map--down on people's heads. It was glorious.
Truly.

Some called it cheap, but nothing beat the feeling of overcoming a team that was able to protect an objective being armed, by sneaking around and using C4 to destroy the building or by getting your tank round drop down or by using a UAV to call in a missile strike or by being the ultimate of cheap and using a UAV to deliver the C4.

There were several time when my squad and I would be one of the last people on a server when defending, so we'd blow up every building and cut down every tree. The map looked like Siberia after the Tunguska event.

GOG's Black Friday sale has begun. For the first 48 hours, MDK is FREE. Click on the banner at the top of the homepage to claim your copy.

Additionally, StarCrawlers is FREE for anyone spending $15 during the sale.

By the time BF4 rolled around all that was left was minor environmental degradation (fences, walls and windows being broken, etc.) and a small handful of scripted events (e.g. the tower collapse) that the players themselves had no role in. Battlefield 1 and Battlefront II are still OK games, I'm not saying they've completely mailed it in yet, but neither those nor anything else DICE has done in the past few years is remotely as good as BFBC2 or BF2142, IMO.
BF1 has a good amount of environmental damage, in terms of collapsing houses and buildings. I haven't played BF:BC in years so don't remember how it compares and never played BF4. Anyway, not debating your central point, just thought maybe they picked it up again from BF4 if that game was lacking.

My final KF2 ticket turn-in got me the medical syringe skin so that was decent at least. Got a few perks over the hump to 20, a few others over 15 and the rest are at least 10+ now so they get a couple skills. Didn't bother trying to grind any new perks to 25 since I figured my time was better spent getting others to the 10/15/20 landmark points. The "Drops every 2hrs" period seemed hell bent on screwing me over for the amount of USBs I got instead of tickets.

Speaking about BF and destruction... BF1 HAS environmental damage. Been playing it yesterday... and I saw a huge bridge being demolished entirely

bread's done
Back