Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Derpus Ex: Mankind Derpvided for $9. Probably my buy price given how lackluster sales are overall.
MysterD or anyone else that may have played it - any of the DLC worth it? System Rift or Criminal Past. If I understood correctly, no more DLC is planned for this game which is sad.

Finally, at least for now, I big "REALLY?!" to Blizzard - I had Starcraft 2 first 2 campaigns, but not Legacy of the Void (yet) as I was planning to try to buy at $10 this year. SC2 went F2P with players that had bought Wings (first campaign) getting a bonus and the second campaign free. No option to buy on Blizzard's site Legacy of the Void currently unless buying the campaign collection at $40.
Yea that is really screwed up. It seemed like a given that Blizzard would have a good price on it this year for black friday. Nope, let's remove it altogether and put the damn collection in its place.

It's difficult to think back to how mind-blowing Baldur's Gate was at the time. Sure there were games like Wizardry, Dungeon Master, or Final Fantasy. (And all the text based PC games that came before it. Before some dinosaur waltzes in here) But Baldur's Gate was the first time we received modern D&D in video game form! It had fully fleshed out worlds complete with voiced NPCs, sidequests, and random travelling companions, in the actual D&D universe! That was unlike anything we had ever seen before.

Since the turn of the century all sorts of games have been adopting, deriving, and homogenizing the successful systems of Baldur's Gate so much that we have become desensitized and disinterested in them.
The Gold Box games published by SSI were really the first highly-successful adaptations of AD&D to the CRPG form and BG felt in many ways like a spiritual successor to those games.

Hawaii is working on it too

The State Of Hawaii Investigating EA For "Predatory Practices:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/11/21/the-state-of-hawaii-investigating-ea-for-predatory-practices.aspx?

tl;dr "the state of Hawaii is going to be investigating legislation banning games like EA's Star Wars: Battlefront II from being played by young children, both in Hawaii and possibly pursuing it on a national scale."

You guys better save up those PUBG crates and keys before they're banned.
I'm curious as to whether other games like Shadow of War or Injustice 2 get caught up in this. I'm not sure how SoW's monetization works, but in Injustice, you can buy source crystals that allow you to purchase shaders and skins for real money or you can play to get the same or equivalent currency. There are also credits that you can use to purchase mother boxes, which are loot crates. I don't think these are interconvertible at this time. There are some other things like regen tokens. Frankly, the currency scheme in IJ2 is much more confusing in the real game than in the mobile version.

One of the only single character D&D games available at the time, unlike the party based D&Ds. Ability to play through in many ways, e.g. stealthily. The 64 player servers were also a big deal at the time.

Sure, I loved Icewind Dale, but I played through NWN like 3 times. Once as a ranger, once as a sorcerer, and once multiplayer. They were very different all three times.
I think the main appeal was all the mods and player ran servers, plus the underdark dlc was fantastic. The base game was very meh though. Probably the enhanced edition I am least excited about.
I'm in the minority here, I suppose (again), but I thought the main story with Aribeth in NWN was great. I had (and still have) the huge CE box of that game that came with a T-shirt and a bunch of other crap (T-shirt's ancient history by now).

Finally, at least for now, I big "REALLY?!" to Blizzard - I had Starcraft 2 first 2 campaigns, but not Legacy of the Void (yet) as I was planning to try to buy at $10 this year. SC2 went F2P with players that had bought Wings (first campaign) getting a bonus and the second campaign free. No option to buy on Blizzard's site Legacy of the Void currently unless buying the campaign collection at $40.
I cannot believe all box copies recalled. Should be a lot of copies out in the wild.

I could never get into NWN1. Unlike Baldur's Gate series or the classic Fallout, NWN1 seemed like a glorified mod editor that fed its existence and subsistence on a mixed bag, amateurish, disjointed community-made campaigns and Electronic Arts expected to its users to pay premium for these campaigns.

I gave up after 3 hours. Dragon Age, on the other hand, was a masterpiece.

Can someone tell me what the appeal was?
NWN base-game's Original Campaign (OC) was rushed and cobbled together. The game was originally supposed to ship w/ nothing but the toolset so gamers could create their own campaigns. When word got out in game previews and whatnot that BioWare wasn't doing a campaign, gamers got pissed. It wasn't meant to be party based - was original supposed to be you control one guy and maybe have a companion. But, it was really also meant to be play campaigns online with others, too.

So, b/c of the out-cry, BioWare rushed to put something together....and well, we got what we got: an overall mediocre campaign. For me, it was on-and-off campaign and felt very rushed - in which I really didn't like the Ancient Race storyline...but I really liked the stuff b/t your party, Aribeth, and Fenthick, and the Main City.

I do recommend Shadows of Undrentide expansion b/c it's better overall than the OC. Good and definitely a major step in the right direction.

Hordes of the Underdark is one of my favorite expansions of all time, as it expanded the party to 3 in total and you have more control over companions; and the characters and stories are much better; and there's a lot of choice/decisions here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could never get into NWN1. Unlike Baldur's Gate series or the classic Fallout, NWN1 seemed like a glorified mod editor that fed its existence and subsistence on a mixed bag, amateurish, disjointed community-made campaigns and Electronic Arts expected to its users to pay premium for these campaigns.

I gave up after 3 hours. Dragon Age, on the other hand, was a masterpiece.

Can someone tell me what the appeal was?
Only if you can tell me what the appeal of Dragon Age was.

Other than Shale, I mean. Shale is admittedly delightful.

Which leads me to an interesting question. Who developed the very first game using the paper doll screen character model with full-body animated and changable armor and weapon slots, a-la Diablo/Baldur's Gate drag and drop style? I wonder who can take credit for the original loot-based (c)RPG. It has its hands in so many games these days.
I mean, it didn't have the graphical interface or drag-and-drop functionality for equipment, but if you want to get back to the original roots of loots, OG Diablo was basically just a streamlined Rogue with graphics and without permadeath.

Flipping through the prices I'll throw out my usual suggestions.  Most of these have been bundled in the past but if you didn't pick them up then the chances of rebundling are probably remote at this point.

Divine Divinity: $0.60

Orange Box: $2

Thief 1 and 2: $1ish each.

Gothic Universe bundle: $4

Alpha Protocol: $3ish

Torchlight 2: $4

Original Deus Ex: $1ish.

That's stuff greater than a 75% discount.  I'll check back later.

More stuff: RAGE, Hitman Blood Money, Risen 1 -- $2.50ish.

MysterD or anyone else that may have played it - any of the DLC worth it? System Rift or Criminal Past. If I understood correctly, no more DLC is planned for this game which is sad.
All my Deus Ex: MD thoughts here (except Criminal Past):

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/337000

System Rift is "more of the same" of Deus Ex: MD.

It's good, condensed DE: MD mini-campaign. Took about 5 hours or so for me.

Criminal Past is great. Took me about 7 hours.

Last paragraph in this post is about Criminal Past, which experiments quite a bit w/ the DE: MD formula:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/337000

Not giving us choices for what to nominate in each category was a dumb move. All I care about are the cards and badges.

I nominated Huniepop for "No Apologies", Hatoful Boyfriend for "Suspension of Disbelief" and Wolfenstein II for "Nazis in America." Which is also probably the "World is Grim Enough" award too, but I only had a few legitimate picks before tediousness made me nominate whatever games were on the first page so I could be done with it already.

If anyone was in the market for a 1440p monitor, hard to beat this:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502

27in 1440p 144hz with gsync. This is the same monitor i bought ~2 months ago that usually goes for 500, now for 350. Microcenter also has them for 360
Thanks for the info and recommendation. I've seen this one floating around on the r/buildapcsales reddit page this week. I'm actually in the market for a new monitor and I think I'd rather jump to a 1440p than a 4k for desktop gaming. I've used TN panels in the past (I think they're just fine) and if I plan on pulling the trigger on a new PC build this monitor fits in the budget more than an IPS would. I think I'll swing by Best Buy later today to check it out and see if they hopefully have any of the rev. A07 in stock.

I only have 1 of them and its charging me $0.65 if I was (Im not) going to get it.

But no, theres no way to pick and choose these bundles. Sometimes it will take off more $ if you already own something, but its not with this.
I think the issue is it won't let you buy it at all if you own something from it. I actually tried buying that pos bundle but it would only let me gift it to other people who owned none of it.

Thanks for the info and recommendation. I've seen this one floating around on the r/buildapcsales reddit page this week. I'm actually in the market for a new monitor and I think I'd rather jump to a 1440p than a 4k for desktop gaming. I've used TN panels in the past (I think they're just fine) and if I plan on pulling the trigger on a new PC build this monitor fits in the budget more than an IPS would. I think I'll swing by Best Buy later today to check it out and see if they hopefully have any of the rev. A07 in stock.
I have a newish (got it in the last year or two) 1440p monitor and I almost feel like I wasted money on it. My next video card upgrade means I pretty much need a new monitor... (Or at least that's how I feel.)

I see that Steam changed how review ratings are displayed.  They just show many "This was helpful" votes the review got and no longer a percentage.  I like it since games with mixed receptions would see the positive reviews rate-bombed by pissy babies mad that someone gave a positive review to a game they didn't like.

I see that Steam changed how review ratings are displayed. They just show many "This was helpful" votes the review got and no longer a percentage. I like it since games with mixed receptions would see the positive reviews rate-bombed by pissy babies mad that someone gave a positive review to a game they didn't like.
Of course you also get a lot of shit positive reviews like 'this geam is allsum!!!!!one'

True, but I don't know how to fix that.  I suppose the hope is that legitimately poorly written reviews will naturally get enough negative points to sink their display on the page.

The age of empires 2 hd dlc are at a pretty good discount. The latest is $5 and the others might be at historical lows. I can complete the bundle for the last two expansions I don't have for $6.60 which is pretty tempting.

Steam link is $5 on steam too if you don't get the gamestop one.

Just wondering why the rev A07? Im contemplating getting one from this deal so I have a matched pair and havent had any problems with the current one I got from microcenter

I tried amazon - about $35 for Legacy of the Void and $38 for SC2 battlechest. Last year about this time it was $10 on sale.
If you launch SC2 you can buy it in-game as a "dynamic bundle" which gets cheaper depending on what you already own. Although that includes all the Nova Covert Ops missions, which you may or may not be interested in. I only had WoL and HotS it was ~$30 to get LotV, the Nova missions and the rest of the co-op commanders.

That's a TN panel. Unless you mainly play FPS and similar fast paced games I would advice not to buy it.
I have one of those and can vouch for it and I previously had a 1440/144 gsync predator which is IPS.

The Dell is TN, yes, but it’s a very *good* TN panel. Reviewers have stated it’s one of the better TN panels available. It’s a no brainer at 350

Just wondering why the rev A07? Im contemplating getting one from this deal so I have a matched pair and havent had any problems with the current one I got from microcenter
Supposedly the rev. A04 has the chance of (color) banding as where the rev. a07 is the newer model that fixed any previous issues. Dell.com sells the A07s but Best Buy has a chance of carrying both. I’m not sure about Micro Center though. I’d kill for a Micro Center or Frys near me, I’m extremely jealous of anyone who does.

I have one of those and can vouch for it and I previously had a 1440/144 gsync predator which is IPS.

The Dell is TN, yes, but it’s a very *good* TN panel. Reviewers have stated it’s one of the better TN panels available. It’s a no brainer at 350
I should have elaborated myself better. You are rfght sir, it's a very good TN panel, probably one of the best among them. I just tried to point out the fact that it was a TN. But yea, I must admit that having gsync + 144Hz for that price is a good deal.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204030/Fable__The_Lost_Chapters/ - 75%

Was not the game discounted the previous 3 years before?
This was discounted on Steam for 75% off almost the day/week of its release which was during one of the holiday sales -- that's when I picked it up. After that it apparently did not get a sale because they wanted to push the 'remastered' version of it.

Will check my store history to see when I actually bought it... well, duh... December 19, 2011. Guess I have a good memory.

Supposedly the rev. A04 has the chance of (color) banding as where the rev. a07 is the newer model that fixed any previous issues. Dell.com sells the A07s but Best Buy has a chance of carrying both. I’m not sure about Micro Center though. I’d kill for a Micro Center or Frys near me, I’m extremely jealous of anyone who does.
Yeah all I get around here are BB. Anyone that has Frys and Microcenter don't realize how good they've got it. Best B&Ms for electronics

ahh ok, I checked my current one and it is an A04. I did a colorband check when I brought it home, and while you can see ever so slight bands in the gradient you'd have to really be looking for it to see it in actual usage. Comparing it to my 1080p benq its about the same, slightly less on the dell

Flipping through the prices I'll throw out my usual suggestions. Most of these have been bundled in the past but if you didn't pick them up then the chances of rebundling are probably remote at this point.

Divine Divinity: $0.60

Orange Box: $2

Thief 1 and 2: $1ish each.

Gothic Universe bundle: $4

Alpha Protocol: $3ish

Torchlight 2: $4

Original Deus Ex: $1ish.

That's stuff greater than a 75% discount. I'll check back later.

More stuff: RAGE, Hitman Blood Money, Risen 1 -- $2.50ish.
To add to your cheap games list...

Dungeon Siege 1 = 97 cents

Dungeon Siege 2 = 97 cents

Dungeon Siege Collection (DS1+2; and DS3 with DLC) = $3.

When I put down the Orange Box I hadn't considered whether Portal 1 is free now... if it is... you're better off buying some Half-Life collection.

Just saw this on Steam...

Virginia: Soundtrack Edition (Virginia game + Soundtrack DLC) = 93% off at $1.11

Virginia (game only) = 90% off at 99 cents.

Virginia: Soundtrack (DLC) = 90% off at 49 cents.

First Day :

Forza Horizon 3 + Hot Wheels (Winstore)

Stories: The Path Of Destinies Artbook
Stories: The Path Of Destinies Original Soundtrack
Stories: Path of Destinies
Bloody Good Time
NovaLogic Everything Pack - 2014
3DMark11 Advanced Full Package
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - Digital Deluxe Edition
Rayman Raving Rabbits
Call of Duty: Ghosts
FURIDASHI: Drift Cyber Sport
Valiant: Resurrection
Hearts of Chaos
The New Queen
Midnight's Blessing 2
Freedom Cry
Black Home
Midnight's Blessing
Opaline
Sense of The Devil
Red Wake Carnage
Dinosaur Hunt First Blood
Blood Feed
Bloody Glimpse

I have both Microcenter and Fry's here in Atlanta, but it's about an hour's drive in Atlanta's death traffic so I prefer to live and just order my stuff online.  I drove once to pick up a free case from CL and almost got rear ended by an 18 wheeler chain reaction.  Luckily, I always keep space ahead of me, even in traffic, so I was able to accelerate and avoid getting rear ended, but the guy behind me got the full brunt of the 18 wheeler.  After that, I deemed it not worth it to drive through the hellish ATL traffic unless absolutely necessary.  

After that, I deemed it not worth it to drive through the hellish ATL traffic unless absolutely necessary.
I have a similar rule for Denver, which didn't always suck to drive in, until the pot legalization brought all of the coastal assholes here.

I have a Microcenter and a Fry's here in Chicago suburbia and we know how to drive!
Well, bully for you and Chicago.

AC: Origins is 17% off today. Think there's a chance it will be cheaper on BF or Cyber Monday?
Not on Steam. If thats where you want it, it wont be cheaper in a couple of days nor next month when Winter Sale happens. If you're open to the uPlay only version its been around $30 since prerelease due to the promotions its been in. You can find it around that price easily on the trade market.

AC: Origins is 17% off today. Think there's a chance it will be cheaper on BF or Cyber Monday?
Won't be cheaper for BF/CM since the current sale is the sale.

It's cheaper from other vendors if you can live without Steam. $44.81 on Gamersgate (cash) for the Uplay version.

You can actually get the Deluxe Edition from Gamersgate for less than that by using zGold. With the zGold 20% discount it comes out at $41.82. But with the zGold "Top off" promotion, you buy 3,300 zGold for $30 and 1,000 more for $10. $40 thus gets you 4,300 zGold and you use 4,132 to buy AC: Origins Digital Deluxe. That's $70 to $40 or 43% off.

Or buy it for 17% off at $58.09 on Steam.

bread's done
Back