Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Blade, hostyl1 and IkedaTeramusa - PM me your Steam name and I'll get you the game or anything else from Steam up to its value.

Thanks to everyone for sharing. Merry Xmas you cheap bastards.

I never had any super bad gifts, but the worst was when my grandma got me Asteroids for PS1. Two years in a row.

I knew she meant well, so I didn't say anything about it, but after the second time I think my parents helped her out to try to steer her towards non-garbage.

I'm just here to renew my seasonal sale CAG membership
I'll drink to that.

giphy.gif

Since steam has become so bloated with inconsequential games, I use my wishlist as my personally curated storefront. Much easier scrolling through a list of 500 games than trying to slog through thousands of Bad Rats clones during sale season.

Heck, I find more stuff to buy off the friendslist activity feed than the regular sale pages.
That's mine, it's just a place to keep track of games that either sound interesting or I actually want. With the amount of junk on the store, I know if I didn't wishlist most of the stuff, I'd probably never find it again =/.

Mannheim Steamroller's greatest hits on CD. I swear to this day my grandma confused them with Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I literally had never heard of them at the time, and didn't recognize a single track.

Mannheim Steamroller's greatest hits on CD. I swear to this day my grandma confused them with Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I literally had never heard of them at the time, and didn't recognize a single track.
the sad thing is that I like Mannheim Steamroller and bought the CDs. I also own TSO CDs as well. Both are good, but just like games, leaving a purchase like that up to someone else has potential for such

the sad thing is that I like Mannheim Steamroller and bought the CDs. I also own TSO CDs as well. Both are good, but just like games, leaving a purchase like that up to someone else has potential for such
I was a polite kid, but in my head I'm going "Who? Why? I have no idea what this is. Why did she buy this?"

I know parents and other "clueless" relatives usually get bad games without direction, but one of my favorite gifts was NCAA Basketball for the SNES.  I got that from my dad one birthday and it was completely random both because my dad usually didn't get me birthday gifts and because I had no clue the game existed.  I don't know how many hours I put into that game, but it was my most played SNES game.  I did full seasons (multiple) on it.  Probably my favorite sports game ever, though it hasn't aged well.  

Well, to be honest, she was pretty close. The two are very similar.

I know parents and other "clueless" relatives usually get bad games without direction, but one of my favorite gifts was NCAA Basketball for the SNES. I got that from my dad one birthday and it was completely random both because my dad usually didn't get me birthday gifts and because I had no clue the game existed. I don't know how many hours I put into that game, but it was my most played SNES game. I did full seasons (multiple) on it. Probably my favorite sports game ever, though it hasn't aged well.
250px-Putting_Challenge.png

Revelation:

I just now realized that the acronym of my screen name is really offensive.  That was not at all the intention for my yearly dumb name change.  I was running short of ideas and just thought I'd throw my usual screen name mixed with the site name. Talk about unintended consequences.  If anyone was offended by it, my sincerest apologies.  I have to assume others probably caught on way before me and if you did, y u no tell me?  Now to see if the mods will change it for me... 

Yes. So god forbid you ever become disabled please tell people "I got the D and that's why I'm in the condition I am now."
I got the D and that's why I'm in the condition I am now.

Thanks teacher Perico for showing me how to tell people that I'm crazy using different words.

11/10 Would pay Perico to be my teacher again.

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for "Can it run Crysis?" It's now "can it run Squadron 42?"

Minuimin RAM requirement is 16 GB.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/squadron-42-pc-minimum-requirements-revealed-and-list-16gb-of-ram-new-teaser-trailer-released/

Full List

OS: Windows 7 (64bit) with Service Pack 1, Windows 8 (64bit), Windows 10 – Anniversary Update (64bit)
GPU: DirectX 11 Graphics Card with 2GB RAM (4GB strongly recommended)
CPU: Quad Core CPU
RAM: 16GB+
Drive: SSD strongly recommended
SSD "strongly recommended" and 16GB+??? Really??!?!?

This game better be pushing visuals to the next level and doing all kinds of crazy stuff in-game (explosions, NPC's everywhere, big open-world, etc) to be RAM-hogging like that and "strongly recommending" a SSD b/c this doesn't sound that optimized at all.

Quad-core is usually recommended, not required.

The graphics card requirement of 2GB RAM sounds like the norm these days, though.

I went back, saw the change, and still wonder if anyone has ever referred to that as "getting the D."

I've never heard of getting disability as "getting the D" so I automatically thought you walked in on your parents having sex and demanded a Transformers toy, and they stopped doing it to show you how poor they were while naked.

You know what I got for Christmas this year? It was a banner fuckin' year at the old Error family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Hey! Smoke up, Syntax!"

Alternate Entry:

The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple of hours went by. Dad wasn’t home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. And that’s when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He’d been climbing down the chimney on Christmas Eve, his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that’s how I found out there was no Santa Claus.

I've never heard of getting disability as "getting the D" so I automatically thought you walked in on your parents having sex and demanded a Transformers toy, and they stopped doing it to show you how poor they were while naked.
I thought "D" was divorce. I was right. Yay me!

I thought "D" was divorce. I was right. Yay me!
The only two times I've heard "getting the D" are in reference to sex, or, in the context of this forum, a long-winded and redundant diatribe on which content-DLC is worth owning on physical media, and who owns it and what that person had for breakfast.

Thanks joki, i wen free this time.

My fondest Christmas present was getting a SNES and Final Fantasy II.  I stayed up all night playing it on an old black & white 8 inch TV that didn't have any sound.  It's the best gaming memory I have.

Alternatively, I have a good Christmas memory of falling asleep on the couch listening to a TMNT story book cassette tape.

Not super if it's funny or anything but I have a Christmas story from my childhood. I was likely 8 or so and I loved my Sega Genesis. About a month before Christmas I feel off the monkey bars and broke my arm. Now having to spend Christmas in a cast, I really wanted that WWF Raw game. Well I got it, but if you've played that game, you have to mash buttons to do wrestling moves. Well while my main hand was in a cast I could barely tap the buttons at all. So I pretty much was staring at a worthless game that I couldn't play that Christmas. I enjoyed the game a lot once the cast came off, but my struggles to play that game with it were real.

Just got my Christmas bonus at work. Should I invest it all in bitcoins or RAM? :whistle2:k
bitcoins.

Nitrosmob's story made me think about a Christmas where I swear I got an NES game from my grandparents because I remember looking at it all night anticipating playing it, but then it was no where to be found after we got home. I always assumed a cousin stole it, but I suppose it was entirely possible that it was a cousin's present and I was just looking at it.

This Christmas, I'd beat the shit out of your cousin just to be on the safe side.

I remember getting my Colecovision way back in the day.  My parents did the "hide away the best gift" thing where I opened all my stuff and was a little disappointed but didn't throw a fit or anything.  Then, five minutes after I went back upstairs, my parents called me into the basement saying that Santa had been back and forgot something.  Aside from my parents jointly being in on it, it was much akin to Ralphie's BB gun in A Christmas Story.

I clearly remember watching A Christmas Story in the theaters and it always strikes me as weird that now it's this big classic.  I'm thinking "But I just saw that like 5.. 10... 20... 30+ years ago?"

When I was in 5th grade, it was maybe two or three days before Christmas and I was cleaning the bathroom when I asked my mom when dad was coming home.  My mom froze and said "He didn't tell you?"  My parents had separated and my dad just cruised that morning without a "See ya".  I was largely unaware that their marriage was even in trouble aside from my parents going out more often as my mom desperately tried to preserve it.  For a good while, I had a chip on my shoulder about the holidays which was probably excusable although sometimes you just want to act shitty and special and the universe throws you a handy card to play whenever you're called on it.  After my son was born, I figured it was time to stop milking things and make his Christmases good ones.  Hallelujah! Noel! Be it heaven or hell, the Christmas we get, we deserve.

I remember getting my Colecovision way back in the day. My parents did the "hide away the best gift" thing where I opened all my stuff and was a little disappointed but didn't throw a fit or anything. Then, five minutes after I went back upstairs, my parents called me into the basement saying that Santa had been back and forgot something. Aside from my parents jointly being in on it, it was much akin to Ralphie's BB gun in A Christmas Story.
You shot your eye out with a colecovision?

I never received any video game related stuff for christmas.  According to my father, that sort of thing would turn my brain to mush.

In retrospect, he was correct.

I'm a big board game geek so I grabbed the Pathfinder Adventures obsidian bundle at 67% off. I'm debating Lord of the Waterdeep and Heroes of Normandie as well.

Planet Coaster for $11.24 might be the best deal I've seen so far. Be sure to buy it so it'll be next month's Humble Monthly early unlock.

Dark Souls III for $15 is tempting but no season pass means I'll pass.

Welcome to the Autumm Sale Part 2.
That's what I expected, but I'm seeing best ever prices on some things. Edith Finch is 40 cents cheaper than it has been before; sure it's only 40 cents, but I'm surprised they lowered it. Pyre is $2 less than it has been before.

bread's done
Back