Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Mario-Rabbids-Kingdom-Battle-Cosplay-Spears-Sisters-gamersbliss-6.jpg

It has rabbids in it. I refuse to believe anything positive about it!
I love strat RPGs, so I really wish I could try it, even if I hate rabbids. Those types of games are about gameplay first and foremost anyways.

My winter sale "haul" was State of Decay: YOSE. The glitchy, cult-classic that I haven't played since 2014. I still have my notes for Breakdown mode from back then. Biggest annoyance is the lack of 1440p resolution support. Undead Labs' community director said, "that resolution is currently .04% of the market."

Only .04% of PC gamers are using 2.5k monitors. Does anybody really believe that? They support 4k, but couldn't downsample the UI to 2.5k? Pretty shite.

Undead Labs' community director said, "that resolution is currently .04% of the market."

Only .04% of PC gamers are using 2.5k monitors. Does anybody really believe that? They support 4k, but couldn't downsample the UI to 2.5k? Pretty shite.
2560 x 1440 is 3.34% of the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
2560 x 1440 is 3.34% of the market.
My bad, I didn't mention that her quote was from a post in 2013, when there probably were a lot less 2.5k users. Also, it was for the standard edition. They had two years before the 2015 re-release (Year One Survival Edition) to add 2.5k support, but they did not add it.

CONSOLE DISCUSSION INCOMING

Have Mario Odyssey, Zelda, what other games are must-haves for Switch? I figured Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2, anything else? I guess I'll have to actually watch Best Buy/Target posts on here now because I don't want to shell out 60 bucks each for Switch games. Want to figure out what I should keep an eye out for.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Mario+Rabbids
Super Bomberman R
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Fire Emblem Warriors
Cave Story+
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Snipperclips Plus
Blaster Master Zero (eshop, currently on sale)
Mighty Gunvolt Burst (eshop, currently on sale)
Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack (currently on sale on the eshop)
Kamiko (eshop)
Golf Story (eshop)

And get an amfilm tempered glass screen protector ASAP.

If I got a switch one of the first things I would do is buy snipperclips, that looks like something the wife would actually play and seems great in co-op.

I'd much rather see haul posts a day or two before the sale ends than a day or two after. Haul posts after the fact do me no good at all. After the sale's over, I'm no longer in a position to copy people's purchases (unless I wanna do something dumb, like buy at full price).
Good point! All the same, my meager haul:

Demon's Crystals - cheap twin-stick w/ good reviews.
Sword Coast Legends - sucked into the hype
Evil Defenders - cheap TD from the wishlist
Pinball Arcade Season 5 - because pinball

Does anyone have any TD games that are must plays? Have an itch for those lately, but I might be better off looking for those on mobile.

the usuals are defense grid 1/2, and pvz if you havent yet touched either. The kingdom rush series, sanctums, and orcs must die are also all good

Agreed. Looooved the Kingdom Rush games -- try those first, if you haven't already. So easy to get into too. I also recommend Dungeon Warfare, which is very good.

Others to consider:

Deathtrap I enjoyed a lot, but given your hate for ARPGs, I don't know that it would be for you.

Defense Zone 3 Ultra HD is a solid military TD.

Gemcraft Chasing Shadows is a good TD with a unique way to upgrade towers (gem combinations)

for 2018 I'm only getting Far Cry 5 cause I already prefakeyd it and whatever humbly shits into to my inbox

a couple days late but thats my new years resolution

Sword Coast Legends - sucked into the hype
I'm 20 hours into it. I'm liking it. It's like somebody combined Diablo (fast-action - as long as you don't mess w/ the auto-pause settings); DA:O; NWN series; and IWD series.

No, it ain't on any of those games' level of greatness since those games came long ago and were fantastic - but SCL is underrated and is damn solid, IMHO.

Surprisingly agreeing on snipperclips. Thought it'd be shallow, but at (GCU) price for the physical version, get get a decent amount of puzzles with some variety and quite a few fun other-modes.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Mario+Rabbids
Super Bomberman R
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Fire Emblem Warriors
Cave Story+
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Snipperclips Plus
Blaster Master Zero (eshop, currently on sale)
Mighty Gunvolt Burst (eshop, currently on sale)
Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack (currently on sale on the eshop)
Kamiko (eshop)
Golf Story (eshop)

And get an amfilm tempered glass screen protector ASAP.
I think some of these are on Steam like Mighty Gunvolt Burst and Azure Striker Gunvolt. I wonder if there are any worthwhile non-Mario, non-first party exclusive

what's the going rate for Dawn of War 3? I already own it and want to sell my copy
Probably $3-6 on the trash thread, but lots of suckers, I mean customers (including me) who were interested have already snapped it up from there.

Also, I live in Louisiana and we've had temperatures dipping into the mid-20s all week. This weather is completely stupid and I hate it.

Massive dump incoming.  Some of these might be used, stuck them on my Steam activity first but I removed the keys people said they took.  

Project Cars - 64WAW-QEL3V-9GYPC
Hexcells Complete - 04Y9Z-GWW5Q-88I9X

VELOCIBOX: W50CW-337KH-YHYN5 
Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe - ETGYH-QWGFJ-4V7CR
Retro/Grade - A93AM-RDCMI-T26LN 
GTR Evolution G942W-TGCTQ-RZIBT
Insurgency 97980-TF6RZ-TY3DL
UnEpic 3WR47-JH6RQ-35808
Memoria 9XRR6-G063B-3F8LW
Skullgirls AIW6C-5CWJJ-N5TNT
Lethal League A9KN2-979AJ-H2D6Z
Freedom Planet D308D-V76GP-RVE3N

inMomentum CPA5B-4YY4E-2TVXZ
StuntMANIA Reloaded M5ZHP-7Z2AX-YYW6G
Insane 2 5L0NP-3YRWW-FLIGX
Little Racers STREET CQDD5-YERLL-MK4L6
RC Mini Racers YRXEM-N8RRR-FGG29
BlazeRush 7DJP3-BKBDX-ERZ6B
Vangers G7EE5-RLJ5W-2MEYN 
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut 6W6PY-CCHIX-5253P 

7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour FIDAP-Y4YY6-4WKRZ
Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure NRPZV-MNX2A-25JVN
Gardens Inc. 2: The Road to Fame WERZT-RG7HD-LXAYP
Luxor HD B8708-VFY9C-M4R8I
Luxor 2 HD JKH22-GZ95X-Q9AFD
CLUXOR: Mah Jong 96HZY-9KEBH-76D03
Luxor: Amun Rising HD CRGN9-Z87RY-NZA77
Governor of Poker 2 0GDW8-TR0NL-E9RRK

Painkiller: Black Edition I348T-E2R8Z-LAKHA
100% Orange Juice Z4NKN-MML5P-BIAVZ
Divekick GNZVJ-NTVTH-CIXGK

Last Dream - C7YW4-HJQRA-Y8G5B
Spaceship Looter - CQRD5-Y7LXJ-PRMWW
Eschalon: Book 1 - F5ZG6-XJC29-XW5CN
Eschalon: Book 2 - MJV90-7X67I-0ICLA

Hook VD2G2-6G4DA-CFWCG 
oO A6JQL-GWJAB-FBLHV 
Neverending Nightmares IVNVX-2K4TZ-0GJIW 
Viscera Cleanup Detail 5VY7D-P5L03-T9XNV
Viscera Cleanup Detail - House of Horror DLC XB2ZM-TGYWD-QRZRL

sakura spirit - 46PVV-JBE8A-P8E42 
Sword of Asumi Deluxe Edition 3LKJH-85CV9-P5HVB
Summer Fling Soundtrack DLC - 3J968-2HEVG-CFJ98
Sixtieth Kilometer JV7RX-MHKZ8-0Z85C
Chronicles of witches and warlocks 58IXJ-NMLY0-DQPI6

super toy cars - V0L6H-VHHIN-IMEIT 
Fort Defense 4ND85-5KHA6-ZDVZ5

12 Labours of Hercules - F57FV-KX9M8-GK905
12 Labours of Hercules II: The Cretan Bull - A8M6Y-5BG07-E32EC
CAFE 0 -The Drowned Mermaid- Deluxe - 3KGVP-E4BQR-8AC6F
East Tower - Akio - 3KL4M-IW27P-4DVFH
Lumino City - JLQKZ-3P83A-Q6FVK
Shiny the FIrefly - 8LFHD-P7NFW-XEFRJ
Skyflower - F5Y8W-3R0VV-YLVH4
Postal - 9F8DD-KJTQI-LE82L 
Pixeljunk Eden - 3R7W7-3K4Q2-RREZ8
The Adventures of Van Helsing - GBAVV-M6G76-3AHDP
One Finger Death Punch 5FA6W-GZR7W-X45BF
Redux: Dark Matters 3PXCH-V0JVZ-43P9T
Post Mortem - GD93K-WKAV5-B9DGC 
Death Rally (Classic) RMBIN-V47NV-Y0ZMP
StuntMANIA Reloaded LNLF3-6XZME-M73RK
Axyos - AN6TC-77KYG-KKV0J

Terra Incognita Chapter One: The Descendant RA82R-77PPT-56XXI
Paranautical Activity MHF7B-MMQTQ-E56HW
Midnight Mysteries - 85LG4-KDTN5-ZRL7X
7 Wonders II 4TT6Z-6ZDNK-JJPBX
Pickers ALLWL-2LMQN-GHZXD

Luxor Evolved FFDIY-JYKYN-NGRI8
Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials 64WTZ-JJXIG-PBG95
Midnight Mysteries 3: Devil on the Mississippi 4KXMN-RF2RY-TZ8Y8
7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover 64W4V-DE93I-7DCPT
Luxor 2 HD X26A5-IDCHC-B3IKN
LUXOR: Mah Jong HLFHG-4VFDW-VF7QV
Midnight Mysteries 4: Haunted Houdini L4740-E5W8F-J0RH3
7 Wonders: Treasures of Seven AIXEX-Z43Q9-3FVV0
Luxor: 5th Passage DQ29I-CCXQ9-XKD0A

Skulls of the Shogun - R449L-KN6LV-JZF97
World War 1 - GYIT6-0Y6V2-XCB0M
Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty - 0ZADJ-Z8TKV-0M6KP
Pumped BMX - GI9GV-WE4W6-WIJZP 
Porcunipine - K222C-39CJR-D7A40 
Strayed - 4RKKH-7ZD4X-VD904

Unmechanical - JJ835-9HHPG-8NV3I
Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 - 3ZYVX-QGRNQ-DI5IB
Rome Total War 2 Caesar in Gaul DLC - 7MZJT-QZNGD-98TT6 
Evertown 3NKWQ-ANZ8P-3Y770

Scourge: Outbreak Ambrosia Bundle 3RA6G-VRPHL-YJ7R9
Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition - 64AJT-77LZG-9LPVQ
Fall of the New Age Premium Edition - 6NY36-MJJ4E-7N6L7
Midnight Mysteries CIKYP-T9LKR-2KZZC
Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena Y7PW6-92W0L-GT87R
7 Wonders II HD6XM-DIDFN-PRZH8
Pickers DG2Q4-2MTKF-W2HMK
Luxor Evolved YQKPZ-BBE9D-RG5T8
Glowfish QM306-5LPIK-33JDN

Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials CKCNP-2L8IK-0RZDT
Midnight Mysteries 3: Devil on the Mississippi PC06Q-9KAX9-CF7TG
7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover 55BP9-E63XJ-T6QW0
Luxor 2 HD D6I8V-TRZG4-VYC5K
LUXOR: Mah Jong WEVAX-F3FCG-3TMP2
Midnight Mysteries: Witches of Abraham - Collector's Edition J3CC9-VBW6A-E863V
Midnight Mysteries 4: Haunted Houdini WRMPN-JQ6R4-8YTZ5
7 Wonders: Treasures of Seven M42PN-QM6IR-IA5KL
Luxor 3 ZVZIF-BL5MZ-DK9B8
Luxor HD 3ZI9Z-7254E-P2YPA
Luxor: 5th Passage 9T9GJ-3MN89-I80MW

Fort Defense - 4Z4EI-4E56B-80RCM
Chronoclysm - 6DFCQ-HNZD8-T69Q4
Primal Carnage - 3MQ9A-TTBNM-89EFD
NaissanceE - 4QYEV-ZLYWL-JRP0W
Chip - 4XL25-JBDV0-B5QVE 
Belladonna - BVB5P-E6JT0-R934T
super cyborg - F50JC-K5GMK-5ZKPG 
Garshasp: The Monster Slayer - DVLRK-T9NPX-BZPR8 and 0ZZ9A-HZHYN-Q3DQ6
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon - XAG8W-VQQPG-GG2E7 and H6LW7-5L99V-E6KYR
Hit Tank PRO - JMMWW-E2RG9-YC977
Sword of Asumi - Deluxe Edition 4V68F-9Q99D-8D0FY

Go! Go! Nippon! My First Trip to Japan 4TPXK-30VWM-5XY63
Hacker Evolution Duality: Inception Part 1 DLC - 5JQXD-W2DM4-777YZ
Hacker Evolution Duality: Inception Part 2 DLC - 5IXX0-GLAHA-2C242
Hacker Evolution Duality: Inception Part 3 DLC - 5GG20-W5CX8-7IDYK
Hacker Evolution Duality: Hardcore Package Part 1 DLC - 5LLQ4-4XL3L-EKRD2
Hacker Evolution Duality: Hardcore Package Part 2 DLC - 5HZAP-09DEV-8FN03

Probably $3-6 on the trash thread, but lots of suckers, I mean customers (including me) who were interested have already snapped it up from there.

Also, I live in Louisiana and we've had temperatures dipping into the mid-20s all week. This weather is completely stupid and I hate it.
The weather has been fantastic in Louisiana, hush! It'll be scorching again soon I'm sure.

Massive dump incoming. Some of these might be used, stuck them on my Steam activity first but I removed the keys people said they took.

Hacker Evolution Duality: Inception Part 1 DLC - 5JQXD-W2DM4-777YZ
Hacker Evolution Duality: Inception Part 2 DLC - 5IXX0-GLAHA-2C242
Hacker Evolution Duality: Inception Part 3 DLC - 5GG20-W5CX8-7IDYK
Hacker Evolution Duality: Hardcore Package Part 1 DLC - 5LLQ4-4XL3L-EKRD2
Thanks for these

hardcore part2 was already taken

HOLY YES I GOT VISCERA CLEANUP DETAIL AND THE DLC WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

I'm fucking done with Pubg until they deal with these god damn cheaters. Infuriating to play a thirty minute game just to die to some bullshit aimbot. 

I think some of these are on Steam like Mighty Gunvolt Burst and Azure Striker Gunvolt. I wonder if there are any worthwhile non-Mario, non-first party exclusive
Only the original mighty gunvolt is on steam; not burst. And the first azure striker gunvolt is on steam but not the second. Cave story+ is on steam, but the switch version has widescreen support, local co-op and a challenge mode. Puyop puyo tetris is on the ps4 too, but I have more switch pro controllers than ps4 controllers.

Bayonetta 2 and 3 are coming to the switch; would those be considered first party?

I am one state north and it was -5 a few nights ago. Count your blessings.
Well, that's what you get for living in the North.

The weather has been fantastic in Louisiana, hush! It'll be scorching again soon I'm sure.
Hey, it's an old man's right, privilege, and obligation to complain about the weather. Also, if you were born and raised here, you wouldn't be griping about heat.

Bayonetta 2 and 3 are coming to the switch; would those be considered first party?
I don't think Nintendo owns Platinum though. Usually 1st party stuff, the parent company owns the studio.

Platinum has been looking into self-publishing games - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/03/platinumgames-self-publishing/

So, Platinum might be either 2nd or 3rd party - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_developer

I still would love to see those two games ported to the PC, some day...

I don't think Nintendo owns Platinum though. Usually 1st party stuff, the parent company owns the studio.

Platinum has been looking into self-publishing games - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/03/platinumgames-self-publishing/

So, Platinum might be either 2nd or 3rd party - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_developer

I still would love to see those two games ported to the PC, some day...
I'm pretty sure nintendo moneyhatted bayo 2 and 3, so yeah, seco-d ish party.

I'd love pc ports too.

for 2018 I'm only getting Far Cry 5 cause I already prefakeyd it and whatever humbly shits into to my inbox

a couple days late but thats my new years resolution
I wish I had this discipline at this point. I might add Assassin's Creed Origins to that but nothing wrong with scaling back and playing good titles and limiting to humble bundle.

Steam Winter Sale was not bad but not great. Same problems to the point that I think CAGers are bored after the first couple of days. My activity feed showed some people buying cheap "bundles" of shovelware and I thought about copying but just stopped. I already have problems with thinking that IG or other bundles are going to have something that will be good.

My last moment purchase was that I decided to upgrade my Metro games to the redux versions with amazon digital credits, leaving the total $2 and tax.

I was surprised to see some people post steam credit of $300 or so. Cards, CS:GO, or however able- congratulations. My problem was even if I got the credit at 20% off, I did not think paying $90 through Steam for Far Cry 5 Gold was a good deal. Other than selling off emote,backgrounds,etc. I think I am done with buying steam credit as I have been finding better deals outside of Steam. In the case of Ubisoft, while I like having games on Steam, newer Ubi games, in my opinion, are better buying just an Ubi key especially when you still have their DRM.

A couple of years ago I made big resolution to stop buying games when I hit the 2,000 mark.  I think I even made a blog post on here about it and made a big deal about.  I was super serious about it too.  I wanted to stop the hoarding and focus on gaming and my backlog.  Today I sit at 3,333.  And this is with me not buying most bundles outside of Humble Monthly.  It's been well over a year since I bought a Groupees bundle, almost a year since I bought and IG bundle, and I skip most Humbles and Bundlestars.  

So what happened?  I found the bros.  No, this isn't another self-promotion.  Around the time I was getting close to hitting 2,000, we started hosting bro events and playing games every week.  At first it was once a week, and then twice, and nowadays sometimes I can play with the bros every single day of the week.  I reached a "dilemma" of either keeping to my resolution of stopping at 2,000 or buying some bundle trash game because it was scheduled next week and I realized it was silly to try to stick to some arbitrary limit if I was enjoying goofing off and actually playing games with people. 

Now, the bros haven't played 1,333 games since then so there's some fakeybroing and bundle fodder thrown in the mix there, but the point is I started enjoying playing my games and stopped worrying about the bomb my game count.  That's not to say setting limits or resolutions is bad.  Even now, I try to tell myself to slow down my game hoarding since I don't have the time to get to everything.  My point is that sometimes you reach your "goal" in unexpected ways.

I hope everyone enjoys playing their games or collecting them or whatever you do in 2018.  

Last year I stopped the "wait until 75%". If I want to play a game, I just buy it (but still wait for some discount or coupon, never full price unless Uber cheap) . And stopped buying most bundles (not difficult at all, most are crap).

EXTREME EXCITEMENT (!??!??)

It's the Humble Bundle for January 2018!

Along with

Quantum Break

The Long Dark

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War III

You also get...

Tomb Raider

Sleeping Dogs: Definite Edition

HIVESWAP: Act 1

Mr Shifty

Cursed Castilla

Hitchhiker (Humble Exclusive) 

Next Month is