Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
All,

I wanna play a game.  But not just any game.  

I'm looking for an ARPG .  Like Diablo 3.

I've been trying to get into Pillars of Eternity and Divinity OSEE and just can't.  I want to play it, no turn based silliness.  Just hack and slash.

I've already got (and beaten) Titan Quest (before it came to Steam.. I actually have the DVDs/CDs for it), I also played Torchlights I/II but I don't think I enjoyed those as much. 

All,

I wanna play a game. But not just any game.

I'm looking for an ARPG . Like Diablo 3.

I've been trying to get into Pillars of Eternity and Divinity OSEE and just can't. I want to play it, no turn based silliness. Just hack and slash.

I've already got (and beaten) Titan Quest (before it came to Steam.. I actually have the DVDs/CDs for it), I also played Torchlights I/II but I don't think I enjoyed those as much.
Victor Vran is my favorite ARPG. Path of Exile is a F2P ARPG that seems to be pretty well regarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
All,

I've been trying to get into Pillars of Eternity and Divinity OSEE and just can't. I want to play it, no turn based silliness. Just hack and slash.

Grim Dawn.

Anyone looking for a fun TD on your phone, check out Candy Defense. It's an ad for Sour Patch Kids, F2P with in-app purchases, but tons of fun, well made, fun towers, etc.

All,

I will second fox's recommendation of Grim Dawn, it's pretty good.

Path of Exile, as mentioned, is held in high regard and free

All,

Maybe Van Helsing? Has a demo so you can see if it's to your tastes.

Huh, somehow I own this Grim Dawn one. See.. thanks ya'll. Is the DLC necessary or just an addendum to end-game?

I have no idea how I own this game.
It was in a humble monthly, so if you subscribe to that ever that might be how. Not sure how necessary the DLC is. There's a decent amount of content regardless, i only played through the campaign once and did many of the side quests and my playthrough hovered around 35 hours, iirc

All,

Most who play it consider Path Of Exile to be what Diablo 3 should have been. It's basically Diablo 2 on steroids.

It's got some F2P trappings in it. Mostly inventory wise so it can be a stop/start experience as you sort gear but spending money fixes this for the most part so I would try it and if you like it put some money into the game.

Huh, somehow I own this Grim Dawn one. See.. thanks ya'll. Is the DLC necessary or just an addendum to end-game?

Grim Dawn is excellent. PoE when you get tired of that imo. Just got into PoE and it is excellent so far. Way better than when I tried to play it at release or beta years ago. As mentioned they are probably getting some money from me when they put the stash stuff on sale again. You have enough stash space to see if you like the game before needing to buy anything though. Really good F2P model.

Does anyone here have a referral for Humble Bundle? Gonna bite on the monthly this time and figured someone here would have one.

All,

diablo 2?

All,

Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed.

All,

My favorite ARPG is Marvel Heroes. Too bad it doesn't exist anymore :(

Grim Dawn is pretty good, but I bounced off it fairly fast just like all other non-diablo, non-MH ARPGs

Travis getting a concussion changed the make up of KCs offense. No threat down the middle allowed Titans to cheat up on the run.

Oh and Andy Reid, while an offensive genius, is *terrible* at in game adjustments.

-signed a McNabb era Eagles fan
yep pretty much this. I don't know what else you'd expect when you have an offense that revolves around three players and then suddenly you're down to two.

Grab Exact Audio Copy, run the AccurateRip test so you get well, accurate rips, then download and install the FLAC encoder, set it up, and you're good to go.
SeasonalCAG fuck-ing Fast FLAC Flasher:

Thanks Foxhack did a lot of research and almost went with EAC cause that is what I used to rip my collection to MP3. Always hated the setup for EAC so when I got some CDs awhile ago found CueRipper and it was so much easier with the same quality. Found out last night through googling it does FLAC without needing other tools and it can even repair them with CueTools if they are in the database. Ripped a couple with burst mode since it can fix errors and this thing is fast is as shit. Will rip them while in TheHangOut or lurking CAG because I have so many. Some underground Hip-Hop broh is going to faint when I put these on Craiglist or most likely Goodwill.

I agree with you guys. Path of Exile is really really good. Also its F2P model is something I would like to see on most free to play games as well.

I've spent more than 500 hours on the game and have managed to survived without spending a single cent on it.

Not that game doesn't deserved it but it's more of a proof how amazing its F2P model is.

I don't own Grim Dawn so I can¡t give an opinion on the matter, but Victor Vran was okish. At least much better than Van Helsing I but still not as good as Torchlight 2 is.

Nope, you won't need the DLC until you've played for 50-100 hours. Crucible is a horde mode arena which is kinda fun and dumps tons of loot. Ashes of Malmouth adds a couple new areas and classes to the game, but there's already lots of content and build diversity (with relatively little penalty for respeccing your character).

I actually liked Grim Dawn more than any of the Diablos. There's lots of solid ARPGs to choose from.

It's a source mod, they utilized the engine and assets to make a new story. Valve didn't help out.
Yeah I was just saying that's what they claimed. They aren't being clear enough as far as it being a source mod either but it that was what I was assuming.

Yeah I was just saying that's what they claimed. They aren't being clear enough as far as it being a source mod either but it that was what I was assuming.
Lol, I'd say they're intentionally being obtuse/misleading to fool people into believing it's HL canon. The game's discussion forum is full of people who can't wait to beat pigs with crowbars again.

So, I've been sick and haven't been able to play much. Tried KF2 the other day and made my head hurt after give minutes.  I did manage to play 26 minutes of Hidden Folks before having to stop.  Really like the game.  It's like an interactive Where's Waldo book.  That's the best way I can describe it.  You search for things in the scene and some things move and you can click on some things to reveal other things.  Really nice HOG if you're into those.  Not sure how long it'll take to beat it, but for the $5 I paid for it, I'd say it's worth it. 

I really regret buying those coinplay.io bundles with some of my dogecoin... 

gallery_105045_4807_1370779812_7534.gif

I guess that's the problem with cryptocurrencies... Like the guy who spent 10,000 bitcoin to buy two pizzas.

Looking back...

I bought two bundles from coinplay for what is now about $600 and I bought Metro: Last Light for $418

:rofl:

:puke:

I guess that's the problem with cryptocurrencies... Like the guy who spent 10,000 bitcoin to buy two pizzas.

Looking back...

I bought two bundles from coinplay for what is now about $600 and I bought Metro: Last Light for $418

Have you played any of it? That's the main reason I don't feel bad about missing out on the crypto currency craze. I would have probably spent it on something stupid early on or sold when it went up $10.

I agree with you guys. Path of Exile is really really good. Also its F2P model is something I would like to see on most free to play games as well.
I've spent more than 500 hours on the game and have managed to survived without spending a single cent on it.
Not that game doesn't deserved it but it's more of a proof how amazing its F2P model is.

I don't own Grim Dawn so I can¡t give an opinion on the matter, but Victor Vran was okish. At least much better than Van Helsing I but still not as good as Torchlight 2 is.
POE in Top 3 GoAt for me.

Spent $170 so far and about to add more -.-

Worth it!

Hard to not support a dev that actually puts out a true F2P game and then continues to add/change things. Every league is different due to skill gem changes, gear drop rates, map changes and additions.

Haven’t been addicted to a game this bad since OG WoW

It's cool though, add the Gamer package to your internet and Steam, Uplay, Origin, and Twitch won't count towards your data cap! Only $39.99 a month!
Pfft, how do they expect to make money? I'm going to start a ISP with a 100gb cap, and for the low low price of $9.99, you can buy loot boxes to unlock extra cap for the month. You might even get the ultra rare, 1000gb cap buster!

Pfft, how do they expect to make money? I'm going to start a ISP with a 100gb cap, and for the low low price of $9.99, you can buy loot boxes to unlock extra cap for the month. You might even get the ultra rare, 1000gb cap buster!
Wait. When did EA also become an ISP?

tenor.gif

Almost time to watch my Panthers get beat in the Wildcard. Just hope the SB's not a Patriots vs Falcons rematch. I don't see either of them losing to the Titans or the Wentz-less Eagles next week.

Almost time to watch my Panthers get beat in the Wildcard. Just hope the SB's not a Patriots vs Falcons rematch. I don't see either of them losing to the Titans or the Wentz-less Eagles next week.
Don't feel bad when they lose. Their QB won't. All he's worried about is getting that towel wrapped perfectly around his head and chomping on bubble gum in between errant passes and INTs. At least you'll get to see what it's like when a 5 year old takes part in a press conference after the game.

Don't feel bad when they lose. Their QB won't. All he's worried about is getting that towel wrapped perfectly around his head and chomping on bubble gum in between errant passes and INTs. At least you'll get to see what it's like when a 5 year old takes part in a press conference after the game.
CwC5UuxWcAELtsZ.jpg.cf.jpg

If only they hadn't dropped the TD and then missed the FG at the beginning or Funchess had been healthy at the end. Oh well, good game.

Jags, Titans or Vikings would be fine. 

I slept through most of it but at least it was a well officiated game from what I saw... Unlike the travesty that was the Chiefs vs Titans.

Rooting for the Patriots (been a fan since before the dynasty got started) but as long as it's not the Titans or the Steelers I'm good.

In the NFC I like most of the remaining teams so I'm just hoping for as good SB but The Saints or the Vikings would be my favorites.

Blame my team for that... Its nice watching a well coached team that rarely makes mistakes, beats itself, and feasts upon their opponent's mistakes. Hell, the Chiefs rarely manage to manage the clock right.

The Patriots knock down that pass on forth down instead of going for an interception that costs their offense needless yards.

Looking back...

damn u a high roller. wanna buy my sleeping dogs and tomb raider for $500 each?

That was not an interception by the Panthers in the final 2min.   Everyone knows the catch rule by now.   It hit the ground and he wasn't fully controlling it.   Panthers would have had an extra 20 yards better field position.   I was wondering if I was going to see a team challenge its own interception for the first time ever, but we were in the final 2minutes. 

Anyways yeah Cam Newton dresses like an asshole.  Can't stand him. 

That was not an interception by the Panthers in the final 2min. Everyone knows the catch rule by now. It hit the ground and he wasn't fully controlling it. Panthers would have had an extra 20 yards better field position.
Why should the NFL be bailing out dumb plays, dumb teams, and poor coaching?

Anyways yeah Cam Newton dresses like an asshole. Can't stand him.
Honestly, his choice in super hero he wants to mimic is all I need to know about him... I would never want my quarterback to be dawn to Superman. Brawny with big obvious weaknesses doesn't represent a man who needs to adjust to what a defense gives, etc.

It's already been mentioned in the Indiegala thread, but I wanted to point out a new bundle they just started that's $3.99 for the first 24 hours in case anyone here doesn't check out that thread:

Point and Click Definitive Bundle - $3.99 for the first 24 hours

https://www.indiegala.com/point-and-click-definitive-bundle

This bundle includes the following games:

Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders
Deponia Doomsday
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition
Kelvin and the Infamous Machine
Odysseus Kosmos and his Robot Quest
Silence
Super Turbo Demon Busters
The Journey Down: Chapter Two
Yesterday Origins
Beholder - Coupon Code 66% OFF
10 Gala Gold

I remember....I remember when....Silence was a Humble Monthly unlock in November and I said it was a good unlock...

Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Possibly

bread's done
Back