Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
www.greenmangaming.com/search/final%20fantasy%20xv -$10€ if you order from search page instead of game page. + JUSTFORYOU for additional 23% off
glitch possibly , makes it $30€

Edit: 25OFFFFXV for additional 25% off
Looks like it's fixed :(

www.greenmangaming.com/search/final%20fantasy%20xv -$10€ if you order from search page instead of game page. + JUSTFORYOU for additional 23% off
glitch possibly , makes it $30€

Edit: 25OFFFFXV for additional 25% off
Thanks, at $30 I couldn't resist. Downloading the benchmark now to see how if it behaves with my ultrawide.

Looks like it's fixed :(
Yep, sure is. Shows $49.99 on the search page now. Looks like I grabbed it with minutes to spare lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You can "play" any of those "games" on Youtube

photo-288229.png

Nuka World and Far Harbor are worth playing. the rest is minecraft bullshit.
Pretty close although I'd question if even Nuka World and Far Harbor are worth it. I haven't played NW but most people seemed pretty unimpressed by it, especially if you don't feel like being a raider and attacking the settlements you previous made. Far Harbor I found to be okay but nothing exceptional. It had a feeling of cheapness to it, in my opinion, in that only one possible companion has any unique dialogue lines.

The rest of it is various settlement mod stuff and the ability to make robot companions.
Far Harbor was pretty good and the only piece of dlc I'd categorize as anywhere near being a must play for FO4. Nuka World is the single most disappointing piece of dlc I've ever played. It's the laziest quest design Bethesda has ever constructed. The entire dlc is "kill literally every living thing in this part of the park, then clear out this part, then this part, then that part. K you're done." It's tedious and annoying. It's a legitimately bad piece of content imo.

Automotron I think is underrated, the point of the dlc is I guess supposed to be being able to construct robot companions but the campaign it has is good despite its brevity.

I vote for bringing Tebow back.....here's the kind of cutting-edge commentary you are missing without TeblowADragon:

V7Hf5qr.png
Where's the rest of the conversation? I want to see how anti Trump he is :whistle2: He could be our poster boy for our nxt Anti Trump rally at Trump Tower

February Humbles!

Along with Owlboy, Civilization VI and TWO scenario packs....

Life Is Strange - Complete Season (episodes 1-5)

Tacoma

Black The Fall

Snake Pass

The Norwood Suite

Fortune-499 (Humble Exclusive)

And next month is.....

Dark Souls III + Ashes of Ariendel 

I've haven't beaten dark souls 2 but I heard dark souls 3 is far better
Dark Souls > DS3 > DS 2

all are worth playing but DS 2 has the worst level design in the series by far, although it has the most content. Also the DLC packs in DS2 are pretty great and arguably the best content in the entire game..

Dark Souls > DS3 > DS 2

all are worth playing but DS 2 has the worst level design in the series by far, although it has the most content. Also the DLC packs in DS2 are pretty great and arguably the best content in the entire game..
Yeah, that's the same general ranking I've seen. Not only does DS2 have poor level design by Dark Souls standards but most of the boss fights are unmemorable. Lots of quality of life improvements over the first, and it's still a really good game on its own, but it doesn't come close to the excellence of the original.

Having just finished Dark Souls III I would also say that DS1 > DS3 > DS2. 

DS2 was still really good, but not as good as DS3 and definitely not as good as DS1.

Yeah, that's the same general ranking I've seen. Not only does DS2 have poor level design by Dark Souls standards but most of the boss fights are unmemorable. Lots of quality of life improvements over the first, and it's still a really good game on its own, but it doesn't come close to the excellence of the original.
Yep.

One thing I will say is I think newcomers to the series might prefer DS3. I think DS1 is the best overall due to the construction of its world and how it's interconnected (when you first play it through there will be a bunch of times you find some shortcut and think "wow, this leads back to here?" it's pretty incredible), it makes it as if most of the game is one giant level. DS1 also had the best secrets in the series imo. But DS3 has the smoothest combat, so I can see its appeal.

Since no one has said it yet, I'll offer my opinion: I think Bloodborne is the best introduction to the Dark Souls series. Not the best game, but the best introduction.

Faster-paced combat, simplified weapon system, parry system is much more central, more accessible to newcomers, no risk of ending up hiding behind a shield the entire time or never learning to parry and not enjoying yourself.

Obviously it's PS4 only, but if you happen to have one or are willing to get one, it's a great intro to the series even if you play the rest on PC. I'd even go as far as saying that game alone is worth getting a PS4 for. 

Finally hit the 1k backlog milestone on Steam. 

1k_Steam_games.jpg

Gotta thank the people in this thread for all the free keys, discount notifications, price glitches, Bundle Gods sacrifices, etc. Its appreciated.

Uh oh... Win 10 downloaded/installed the fall creator's update while i was sleeping and now my win 10 home version is 1709.

I heard this update is what screws up performance with overwatch and other games.

More importantly, how can i stop windows 10 from automatically updating? In old windows (xp to 7) i used to be able to set it to not install anything and choose from a list of updates which update i wanted. Is this still possible?

How can i decrease or stop auto updates. As u can tell, i am fairly new to new windows after a lengthy hiatus.

going to have to google it,  if you have win10 home its probably a pain in the butt,  you were not supposed to be able to put off patches for very long in home edition but im sure people figured it out.

Forcing updates is good. Because idiots would otherwise disable them and they could ruin security for everyone.
I had actually made it so my desktop ignored updates. Then something happened when it updated all by itself ANYWAYS. My laptop has always updated itself. My real gripe about updates is how the annoying window always pops up mid game and in trying to get it minimized I have TWICE accidentally shutdown my computer.

Set your internet to metered connection, but unless it's something drastic I'd just roll with it. The Spectre patch was bricking some computers with older AMD processors, for instance. I turned mine off just in case.

Set your internet to metered connection, but unless it's something drastic I'd just roll with it. The Spectre patch was bricking some computers with older AMD processors, for instance. I turned mine off just in case.
Speaking of bricking, is the Red Dead Redemption 2 pre-order bricking down yet? Where is MysterD when you need him???

bread's done
Back