Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I remember getting Binary Domain during a previous MWNL event and being excited to play it, only to discover there's no way to disable the awful mouse acceleration. Never went back to it.

Didn't even know feta was an option at Dominos.

I usually go with the classic Pepperoni and mushroom. Pepperoni and spinach can be good. Sausage and onion or Pineapple and ham are also good.
Stopped reading right there...

zq6gV.gif

What's your favorite 2-topping combo?
Sausage and pineapple. Sausage & mushrooms and sausage & pepperoni follow closely.

pineapple on pizza? do you also like hot dogs with only ketchup on them?
Yes, in fact I do.

Fun Fact: I'm from Chicago, not a suburb the actual city - South Side and this is one of the dumbest 'stereotypes' around. Sure, you cant call it "Chicago Style" with ketchup (catsup), but in and of itself, ketchup is a perfectly fine hotdog topping.

BTW: Thin crust (tavern style) pizza is more commonly eaten in Chicago than thick crust.

but in and of itself, ketchup is a perfectly fine hotdog topping.
In so far as people can eat whatever they want and it's not the end of the wold, sure. From a more culinary perspective, ketchup is pretty much sugar and it's a rare event where I think "You know what would really add to this hot dog? Sugar." But I suppose the meat matters. If you're eating some Oscar Meyer dog, who cares what you put on it; it's not as though you're going to detract from its Oscar Meyer flavor. If you're eating a real quality dog, why hide the taste under a coat of red sugar paste? Well, because you want to, I suppose. Seems like a waste of taste, though.

From a more culinary perspective, ketchup is pretty much sugar
lies ketchup is made from tomatoes which means not only is it healthy but means it is perfect if you're trying to make a chicago style dog but have no tomats

u shuld learn things before u speak you turtle

Last edited by a moderator:
From a more culinary perspective, ketchup is pretty much sugar
I don't know what ketchup you're eating, but the ketchup I make is mostly tomatoes and vinegar. It's really more of a vinegar delivery device than anything, to add that brightening tang to whatever you're eating.

That being said, while I do enjoy pineapple on some pizza, I wouldn't ever put ketchup on a hot dog. I prefer mustard as my vinegar-delivery device for hot dogs. My perfect hot dog is probably onions, mustard, and pickle relish.

Someone likes a little weiner with their ketchup

My personal philosophy is that whenever bread and meat meet, there must be cheese. I don't see any room on that dog painted red monstrosity for my favorite form of dairy.

Condiment flavors are too overpowering for them to be enjoyable in large quantities, and that thing is hemorrhaging.

Agreed on the meat/cheese/bread combo. A pizza isn't a pizza without all three. And you don't pour a gallon of tomato sauce on the crust.

I don't know what ketchup you're eating, but the ketchup I make is mostly tomatoes and vinegar.
Yes, and lemonade is mostly water. Congratulations on learning to read an ingredient label. Sugar makes up around 20% of ketchup and, if you don't think that makes a huge difference in taste, get your taste buds checked. Your mom probably gave you enough Sunny Delight and canned pasta that you think those levels of sugar are normal. If you're making some homebrew ketchup in your kitchen, that's nice but no one gives a shit unless you're a member of the Heinz family because that's what's going on hotdogs.

Mustard, by comparison, is typically just mustard seed and vinegar.

What about sweet pickle relish? People put that all over their dongs and it's sweet and sugary.
Different (and more complementary) flavor and has the added benefit of texture beyond "glop". Besides which, if you're using relish -- which also has a vinegar base and is the clearly superior option -- then why would you need ketchup? Note also, in this fine image of a Gold Coast dog from Wikipedia, the sparing use of sweet relish versus a slather of ketchup.

GoldCoastChardog.jpg

In so far as people can eat whatever they want and it's not the end of the wold, sure. From a more culinary perspective, ketchup is pretty much sugar and it's a rare event where I think "You know what would really add to this hot dog? Sugar." But I suppose the meat matters. If you're eating some Oscar Meyer dog, who cares what you put on it; it's not as though you're going to detract from its Oscar Meyer flavor. If you're eating a real quality dog, why hide the taste under a coat of red sugar paste? Well, because you want to, I suppose. Seems like a waste of taste, though.
I hope you don't eat hot dogs on 'white bread' buns, cause you know, that bread is mostly corn syrup too.

But are we really talking about the quality of toppings on a hot dog? It's a fuck -ing hot dog for Pete's sake. It's made from lips and assholes. You're already way down the 'I don't really care what I'm eating' rabbit hole anyway.

That's the kind of thinking that leads to stocking your pantry with McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken, pizza and Diet Coke. :)

But regarding Huniepop, I think we all kinda liked it. So well that's the one thing we've got.

But are we really talking about the quality of toppings on a hot dog? It's a fuck -ing hot dog for Pete's sake. It's made from lips and assholes. You're already way down the 'I don't really care what I'm eating' rabbit hole anyway.
Well, I care more about what goes on a good quality dog than what goes on a cheap mass market one. And the butcher shop near my work makes their own dogs; in the summer they cook them fresh outside the store and it is simply divine. But, c'mon, even if you don't have that font of wonder available to you, your Vienna natural casing dog deserves better than that.

Saying "Well blah blah has sugar so..." just brings it back around to "So then why do you need ketchup?"

Different (and more complementary) flavor and has the added benefit of texture beyond "glop". Besides which, if you're using relish -- which also has a vinegar base and is the clearly superior option -- then why would you need ketchup? Note also, in this fine image of a Gold Coast dog from Wikipedia, the sparing use of sweet relish versus a slather of ketchup.

GoldCoastChardog.jpg
So you went from "you shouldn't put sweet things on a hot dog" to "it's okay if it adds texture." I think we both know the truth, you realized relish is a crucial part of the Chicago style dog and had to concede the point.

Well, I care more about what goes on a good quality dog than what goes on a cheap mass market one. And the butcher shop near my work makes their own dogs; in the summer they cook them fresh outside the store and it is simply divine. But, c'mon, even if you don't have that font of wonder available to you, your Vienna natural casing dog deserves better than that.

Saying "Well blah blah has sugar so..." just brings it back around to "So then why do you need ketchup?"
So your butcher only picks the finest lips and assholes!

So you went from "you shouldn't put sweet things on a hot dog" to "it's okay if it adds texture." I think we both know the truth, you realized relish is a crucial part of the Chicago style dog and had to concede the point.
No, I said that the only thing ketchup adds is sugar. LERN2REED:

From a more culinary perspective, ketchup is pretty much sugar and it's a rare event where I think "You know what would really add to this hot dog? Sugar."

Relish is not "pretty much sugar" and so has more purpose. Kind of like "But bread has sugar!" is a dumb argument because the bread provides more function than "tastes sweet" which is the only thing ketchup has going for it. Your condiment game is weak.

So your butcher only picks the finest lips and assholes!
That's possible. I leave that sort of thinking for vegan handwringers on Facebook crying that ground beef is probably 95% cancer tumors or something.

No, I said that the only thing ketchup adds is sugar. LERN2REED:

From a more culinary perspective, ketchup is pretty much sugar and it's a rare event where I think "You know what would really add to this hot dog? Sugar."

Relish is not "pretty much sugar" and so has more purpose. Kind of like "But bread has sugar!" is a dumb argument because the bread provides more function than "tastes sweet" which is the only thing ketchup has going for it. Your condiment game is weak.
So you're saying the "rare event" where you want to add sugar to your hot dog only occurs every time you put relish on it, which being from Chicago, means every time?

A lot of hot dog shaming in here...

People are acting like hot dogs are steamed broccoli and salmon. And once ketchup is added, it's now regulated to the level of cheesecake.

Spoiler alert: Hot dogs are not good for you, no matter what you add to it. Let people enjoy junk food (hopefully in moderation) in the way they want.

Spoiler alert: Hot dogs are not good for you, no matter what you add to it. Let people enjoy junk food (hopefully in moderation) in the way they want.
That's the point I'm trying to make. If one wants to rail against taking Grade A Prime Rib, cooking it well done then slathering A1 sauce over it, toss me a Tiki Torch and I'll march the streets of a college town with you. But to get rankled over a hot dog? Give me a break!

And to be an a-hole.

o.jpg

So you're saying the "rare event" where you want to add sugar to your hot dog only occurs every time you put relish on it, which being from Chicago, means every time?
No, I'm saying you can't read (or apparently taste) since you equate relish = ketchup because both have sweetness. Might as well put maple syrup on it at that point. And grape jelly.

But to get rankled over a hot dog? Give me a break!
I'm sorry you've never had a decent hot dog worth caring about. That's a real shame. That said, I wouldn't care what YOU put on YOUR dog, I was just explaining why I personally eschew ketchup as a hot dog condiment. On the other hand, I don't mind it on a good burger where the beef has a stronger juicier taste that can handle it.

I order pineapple on pizza when I'm getting green olives and I find the sweetness and moisture to help cut through the saltiness and tannins of the olives.

Yes, and lemonade is mostly water. Congratulations on learning to read an ingredient label. Sugar makes up around 20% of ketchup and, if you don't think that makes a huge difference in taste, get your taste buds checked. Your mom probably gave you enough Sunny Delight and canned pasta that you think those levels of sugar are normal. If you're making some homebrew ketchup in your kitchen, that's nice but no one gives a shit unless you're a member of the Heinz family because that's what's going on hotdogs.

Mustard, by comparison, is typically just mustard seed and vinegar.
Wow. Anger and insecurity are a rough personality combo.

Water doesn't have a flavor, vinegar does. From a culinary perspective Heinz is not "pretty much sugar", it adds both a tangy vinegar flavor and sweetness. Simple concept, buddy, nothing to flip your shit about on everyone. I'm sorry to see you've been having a really bad day.

No, I'm saying you can't read (or apparently taste) since you equate relish = ketchup because both have sweetness. Might as well put maple syrup on it at that point. And grape jelly.
I have done this...well it was strawberry jam. I used it as a take on a Monte Cristo as I saw on the Food Network. Then I just added the syrup as a bit of a dip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3xymA2BP30

I'm sorry you've never had a decent hot dog worth caring about. That's a real shame.
Eh, I've had plenty of other sausage that I go to for 'gourmet' taste. A hot dog is just a hot dog to me.

It was actually really good! I've made it a couple of times. It's not something to have everyday, of course, but on a lazy Sunday morning like once a quarter, it's good.

It took my wife pointing out to me that I have a proclivity for things that are simultaneously salty and sweet. Sauage & pineapple, hot dog monte cristos, and mushrooms & BBQ sauce on burgers all kinda of fill that role for me. I blame my mother craving popcorn and ice cream when pregnant with me. :)

How about we get back on track with PC gaming deals?  GOG just launched their Chinese New Years Sale.

https://www.gog.com/

Here are some things of note:

-They've brought back Flash Deals.

-King of Fighters 2002 is free for 48 hours

-Games have been added to GOG Connect.

AI War Collection
Huniepop
Kim
Mount & Blade
Orwell
Pirates! Gold Plus
Tempest