Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It's pretty stupid when watching these games-as-a service trends.  These studios are in attempts to cannibalize each others' player base, but they don't even know it.  There are only so many "hardcore" loot-MMO type players to go around.   All of these games will fail at retaining players long-term except maybe one or two of them. These players stick with one game at at time.   When it fizzles out they move on to the next big thing.  Destiny 1 captured magic in a bottle.  It's not going to be recreated unless your new game is truly excellent.  It's just a bunch of games half-assedly posing as MMORPGs when they're really not, in an attempt to take $100+ of your money.  Games are being designed around future revenue streams now, not actual content. 

Right now, Anthem and Division 2 are the frontrunners to take the baton next.  People will drop them as soon as something new comes along.  Because the endgame content is not there and it never will be.  The slow dripfeed of content doesn't satiate the type of players these games are designed to entice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a few bundles from Fanatical. Since I had 20% off coupon that expires on the 13th. Had this one already. Figured I'd drop it here.

Haunted - FCGTQ-3CQKB-XDXB5

I'm sure there will be a push to make Borderlands 3 have a persistent/online component.
Destiny 2 essentially plays the same, so that's what I'm imagining BL3 to be like. Always online MP shooter with MMO functions and dynamic events, yet tongue-in-cheek and cel-shaded.

A long game like that with those tiny character sprites and cluttered interface, perfect for phone.

"This game is optimized for tablets and not recommended for phones with screen sizes under 7 inches."

Who the fuck has an Android tablet in the year 2018 (or any year other than the year 2013)?
I'm assuming the millions of people who use Kindle Fires or Galaxy Tabs. Just a guess though.

I'm assuming the millions of people who use Kindle Fires or Galaxy Tabs. Just a guess though.
59ef3dc8ddd0634e008b6e56-750-563.jpg

The blood spatters all over the yellow Kindle case remind me of those limited edition RE4 chainsaw gamecube controllers.

I can see her playing Baldur's Gate on that.

59ef3dc8ddd0634e008b6e56-750-563.jpg

The blood spatters all over the yellow Kindle case remind me of those limited edition RE4 chainsaw gamecube controllers.

I can see her playing Baldur's Gate on that.
She's totally saying something like "HAHAH MOMMY I JUST GIBBED THE fuck OUT OF THOSE KOBOLDS"

Apple stands for

A - annoying to use
P - proprietary shit

P - pretentious users

L - Laos and China, where generic parts are manufactured and rebranded with the Apple logo

E - expensive, and somehow a status symbol despite every welfare mom and Walmart worker owning an iPhone and bumming rides or using uber for transport

680bb14b-acce-4667-84d1-a1da5e595f79.jpg

Apple stands for

A - annoying to use
P - proprietary shit

P - pretentious users

L - Laos and China, where generic parts are manufactured and rebranded with the Apple logo

E - expensive, and somehow a status symbol despite every welfare mom and Walmart worker owning an iPhone and bumming rides or using uber for transport

680bb14b-acce-4667-84d1-a1da5e595f79.jpg
Someone's jealous of my money... me thinks...

(tells Apple Watch to tell my iPhone to call Amazon and drone me in some cash to wipe your tears with)

1492691196_frank-reynolds-money.gif

I've an iPad, a Nexus 7, a Kindle Paperwhite, a Fire, and a cheapo-off brand Windows tablet from Microcenter. 

The Windows tablet got bought because it came with a free install of Office for cheaper than what an install of Office costs. 

Everything is mostly just to make it so I can take advantage of all the mountains of free stuff that's available on all the various platforms. 

Someone's jealous of my money... me thinks...

(tells Apple Watch to tell my iPhone to call Amazon and drone me in some cash to wipe your tears with)

1492691196_frank-reynolds-money.gif
That gif is perfect for Apple products, really resembles how people who don't understand computers and can't be trusted with suspicious websites burn through money for dumbed down functionality and automated design. Good thing you "have money because you own Apple products" like all the teens in the electronics department at my local Target, you can easily afford the $279 screen replacement whenever you drop your X more than 5 feet.

I still have my old iPhone 7 and Macbook Air, I just prefer customizing my OS over tie-dying my back plate.

GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE PLUS R
FCHQD-CWLF6-TA92R

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
F0AQ7-A2TBR-DIN6F

Skullgirls
D6TXG-C45VN-QGYM8

Skullgirls
DL6ML-I9LHE-R3NEM

you can easily afford the $279 screen replacement whenever you drop your X more than 5 feet.

I still have my old iPhone 7 and Macbook Air, I just prefer customizing my OS over tie-dying my back plate.
You can say that but I've had almost every iteration of iPad, now I have iWatch, and phone and they all work together. Whole families shit syncs together nicely. Never have a problem. This isn't like my computer where I give a shit about the OS and customization. Frankly if the FBI can't hack iOS without crying about it then I guess I should be relatively ok. But of course them open platforms teem with crap/virus' too.

And don't be salty... you drop your phone, you pay the consequences. The lesson isn't to buy a cheaper phone, it's to not drop the damned thing in the first place. Respect your electronics.

Next thing you'll be complaining about is your computer overheating because you don't make sure to change the CPU thermal paste or blow it out every once in a while...

Next thing you'll be complaining about is your computer overheating because you don't make sure to change the CPU thermal paste or blow it out every once in a while...
Who the fuck changes thermal paste? If you are that close to overheating you put it on wrong to start with.

Also, Apple closed platform can blow me....even though I do like my Iphone SE. Wish someone would make a good small android phone though.

You can say that but I've had almost every iteration of iPad, now I have iWatch, and phone and they all work together. Whole families shit syncs together nicely. Never have a problem. This isn't like my computer where I give a shit about the OS and customization. Frankly if the FBI can't hack iOS without crying about it then I guess I should be relatively ok. But of course them open platforms teem with crap/virus' too.

And don't be salty... you drop your phone, you pay the consequences. The lesson isn't to buy a cheaper phone, it's to not drop the damned thing in the first place. Respect your electronics.

Who changes thermal paste in a pc? Is this a thing?

It only disappoints me that Apple is considered a high standard. They make mediocre products that have the same syncing functionality as a Google account, only their setup is proprietary with less options at an inflated price so dumb people think it gives them a pedigree, like $180 jeans and $300 shoes. Yes, you bought a $900 phone and spent $199 on insurance that allows you to spend $29/$99 on replacement parts, otherwise it would cost you $279/$549 to have them replaced. And I've been victim to that, being an iPhone 7 owner who has dropped his phone from higher than waist level onto my wooden floor before, but replacement screens are going up by about $100 each year. The OLED screen comes from Samsung now, so hopefully it will break less often--and despite what you say, dropping or knocking your phone off of something is inevitable, unless you live in a bubble. But the whole point is, how is wasting money considered smart thinking?

Fun story: I had a Nokia Lumia from 2013-2014, $50 burner phone, no case, no warranty. Went to Six Flags, it fell out of my pocket at Superman Ultimate Adventure, found it and it was fine. Dropped it into multiple pools and at least a dozen urinals, still worked. Found it in a box in 2016, was still working, so I made sure it was cleaned and donated it. Yet I went clubbing with a few friends in January, one of them drops his iPhone on the dance floor and the screen cracks. Other friend pulls out her phone and says, "don't feel bad, same thing happened to me a few months ago."

Are you going to buy the new iShoes? I hear they only cost $499. You can't change the laces, but you can press the tongue to tell your iWatch to tell your iPhone to order more Jacks pizza off Amazon Pantry.

different strokes for different folks

I run a mixed house. I prefer android for my phone, for customization and because I love google FI. I prefer an ipad for my tablet mostly because there is not a single android tablet that can match them in price/functionality. Years ago I wouldnt have said that, but these days no one can even come close to the ipad2017 in the android realm.

Also depending on functionality one is more suited, for customization, sure android will win. But if you're looking for audio applications android has nothing really worthwhile, nothing that even comes close to the audio applications available for iOS, much of which just comes down to android itself not prioritizing audio after years and years of claiming it was coming. Meanwhile you can get the same bog standard apps and games on both, so for me Ill take the ipad that costs 1/2 as much as a comparable android

For computers though, screw apple. I have a fully loaded 2017 mb pro for work, and I have never had so many issues as what I have had with that laptop. The OS is junk and the hardware is junk, even compared to a windows laptop that costs 1/2 or less. The OS cant even properly come out of sleep, id say 75% of the time, if you've swapped hardware on it, i.e. taking laptop from work to home and hooking up 2 new displays and changing from ethernet to wifi, just have to force a reboot to get it to properly wake up or get the wifi working. The usb ports, of which you now just have 4 as your only means of connecting things, are very picky depending on order and power supplied as to what they will recognize at all and sometimes peripherals will just cut out.

Fun story: I had a Nokia Lumia from 2013-2014, $50 burner phone, no case, no warranty. Went to Six Flags, it fell out of my pocket at Superman Ultimate Adventure, found it and it was fine. Dropped it into multiple pools and at least a dozen urinals, still worked.
How do you manage to drop your phone into a urinal.... and then repeat 11 times?

I changed my paste once because I started getting high temps and wanted to figure out why.  First action was to clean, re-paste and reset my heat sink and that fixed it.

My first modern mobile device was the HP Touchpad during their fire sale and I put Cyangen Mod on there which put me into the Android system.  So it was a natural choice from there to get an Android phone and later a different tablet, etc.  I have an Android tablet now and it's a perfect media consumption device for me: light enough to use on the couch, bathroom, bed, etc but with a much larger screen (10") than my phone.  Which makes it more enjoyable for reading, watching videos or playing casual games.  I mean, if I had to eliminate the PC, phone or tablet I would of course go with the tablet but I don't and the $150ish price tag for a few years of service is nothing onerous so why wouldn't you want one?

Jezus H Christ... 

Our we honestly debating the usefulness of Icrap? 

*sigh*

This thread has completely and totally gone off the rails...  And with that said:

So Patrik Laine vs Alexander Ovechkin are tied at 40 Goals going into tonight's game (against each other)..  Whose leaving with the lead?  Is either of them going to win the Rocket or is the winner currently looking in from the outside?

Who the fuck changes thermal paste? If you are that close to overheating you put it on wrong to start with.

Also, Apple closed platform can blow me....even though I do like my Iphone SE. Wish someone would make a good small android phone though.

Well, if you have a computer greater than 2->3 years I'd recommend it. Depending on your cooling/setup thermal pastes can harden or crack over time and cause over heating issues. It also can vary on which kind you use as well. I use Arctic Silver and it seems to be good. Does it happen often? Not really. But neither does dropping your phone. I have a Lifeproof + Battery case and have had no issues. My old iPhone 5 was the first time something catastrophic happened on a phone. I've most certainly never dropped my phone in a urinal. Ever.

Edit: My ASUS ROG's were infamous for needing to be re-pasted because the morons at the factory didn't put enough on.

But I did leave the phone on the roof of my car (was loading parts) and drove off. Watched in slow motion as I made a right turn and the phone slid off the back. Pulled over immediately just in time to see my phone run over by some Snowbirds RV and their trailer (so 5 sets of wheels) and the phone flipped in the air. Know what happened? It scratched my f'ing Otter Box screen. So I replaced it. Phone lasted another year until work updated it.

So yea, I stand by Apple. Their locked platform gives me even more incentive to stay with them. But I liked Blackberry and their proprietary stuff too.

Edit: I should say I stand by Apple Phones/Tablets/Watches. I hate their computers. I hate that my wife asked me for one and will make fun of her until it $hits itself every time she has a problem. I like being able to shrug and say "if this were a Windows computer I'd be able to fix that". So it's not "great" in all cases.

I've replaced thermal paste on laptops, but none of it was ever hard or cracked. It was just that companies tend to use shit paste and in I case a thermal pad that made things hotter instead of cooler.

What about deliding the cpu? That would be the next sensible step to take because Intel used very bad thermal paste.

Yooka-Laylee is $14 on GOG. Ugh, really nice price for a game I want, wish it were Steam tho. I just want GOG to be GOG Connect at this point.

Yooka-Laylee is $14 on GOG. Ugh, really nice price for a game I want, wish it were Steam tho. I just want GOG to be GOG Connect at this point.
It was close to that price during the kickstarter ($15) and came with future kickstarter DLC (I think it's the unreleased retro skin). Just wait until it gets humble monthlied.

Let me solve this thread's problems by making definitive pronouncements:

• iPad minis are probably the best overall expensive tablets to own. Apple's sort-of given up on updating the hardware in any meaningful way, but what's there is fine if you can afford it. 
  • Amazon makes excellent inexpensive tablets, so if you can't afford an iPad, get a Fire HD. 
  • iPhones are expensive and unnecessary. Everyone has one, so you're not fancy for owning one anymore, and they're crap at what they do. The newest generations appear to suffer from the same feature-fatigue that has hit the last few generations of iPads. Samsung is pretty much outdoing Apple in every meaningful metric in this context. 
  • Apple computers were last worthwhile when the Apple IIe came out or maybe the Gs. 
  • Intel > AMD
  • nVidia > AMD

I changed my paste once because I started getting high temps and wanted to figure out why. First action was to clean, re-paste and reset my heat sink and that fixed it.
Which is obviously not changing it regularly.

If you have enough paste to worry about changing it regularly, you're using thermal paste wrong to begin with.

Edit: Exhibit A.

Edit: My ASUS ROG's were infamous for needing to be re-pasted because the morons at the factory didn't put enough on.

• Apple computers were last worthwhile when the Apple IIe came out or maybe the Gs.
If by computers, you mean aquariums.

bread's done
Back