Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
This is Gun, right? Actually a really fun game that holds up surprisingly well. I played it for like 6 hours earlier this year, but unfortunately the longer I played the buggier it got. My game crashed and I had forgotten to save for a bit and lost a good 1.5-2 hours of gameplay and rage quit.
Yes, it sure is. I liked GUN quite a bit actually. It was pretty good, back around when it came out and all.

Still have it in my retail box on discs.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I have about 4 hours into Dishonored: Death of the Outsider so far. Some thoughts incoming.

It's basically more Dishonored 2 with some twists. I'm right now (still) on the second level. Yes, I've spent a decent about of time in each level, so far. Good amount of lore (written books, letters, etc) and there's some audio-logs here & there too.  There's some side quests here and there, in which you have to either assassinate someone or do something (steal something, kill someone, or whatever they ask of you) in often a certain way - which is probably one of many reasons this game dropped the Chaos System.

Since I'm on that topic, the Chaos System is gone here, probably since story-wise both Billie and Daud are pretty much on a revenge path here. It's not really about stealth here, it's about revenge. You really should know your Dishonored lore here, having played everything so far in this one - i.e. Dishonored 1 (base-game) & its two main DLC's (The Knife of Dunwall & The Brigmore Witches) and Dishonored 2. Otherwise, you might not get the references here and there...and you might get lost here. It seems like this, so far, is trying to fill in some of the blanks and stuff that was leftover from the last few games, which feels like it's playing (fan) service directly to their fans.

Since the Chaos System's gone: you can go non-lethal stealth if you like, but you won't get penalized by the game if you do go full blown lethal on anything and/or everyone. The Chaos System usually was there for getting better endings, if you play non-lethal - which seems completely gone. Even in Tutorials showing you how to play the game, they do emphasize on lethal and non-lethal play: do what you like. You still get scored & gain stats like Dishonored 1 & 2, though...in case you are challenging yourself here or trying to top others. There might be Achievement and things just for going non-lethal and not killing anyone, if you go the non-lethal route.

Billie's version of Blink - which is called Displace, by the way - actually displaces an image of her to a location before she teleports, which you can use to set enemies up and get them chasing either the real Billie or the image of Billie (depending on who they see) - and you can command when to then make the switch between the two. Another skill lets Billie ghost around the area for a short time and see the lay of the land like an X-Ray mode, where you can mark items and enemies, and whatnot so you can take care of business. Also, Billie can steal now another person's face and walk around with their face to try to get into certain special locations, do special events, and whatnot. This skills are an absolute blast to use, as you'd expect with the typical cool skill sets you often see in Dishonored games. Oh, and Billie can understand rats and talk to them, to try to get information and hints about...well, who knows what.

Basically, this is more Dishonored 2. If you liked or loved the Dishonored series, you'll probably like this too. So far, I'm really liking this.

It would be great if there was a real discussion on good PC game deals without the noise. This is the perfect forum for it.
"Good deals" do get mentioned here when they come up. The Razer Game Store deals have been discussed, the notable GMG deals during their birthday sale, etc. Humble & Fanatical have their own threads but the exceptional deals get crossposted to here. But no one is going to get jazzed up about posting "Frostpunk is 15% off!" because no one really cares about 15% off sales. Some people act as though all the chatter is pushing out the deals talk but it's more like the chatter is what keeps this thread afloat between the deals worth mentioning.

Some people act as though all the chatter is pushing out the deals talk but it's more like the chatter is what keeps this thread afloat between the deals worth mentioning.
This thread would never be found if it wasn't for the chatter and we all would be looking through all the posts in CA general looking for deals. (Or not at all on this forum.)

Anyone seen any current or upcoming deals on Steam Wallet cards?  We're closing in on the Summer Sale, and I'd like to add another ~10% discount on top of it.

Look, here's what it is.  Every week, fraskytunakey posts an entire list of what's on sale on PSN and Wii U and formats and hyperlinks it and then when there's flash sales he'll pre-post and reserve his peendom to make that list and if anyone dare post a sale other than fruskytanaoki they consolebros get mad.  

So I assume the consolebros would like for there to be a PC froskytinocho to post a nice organized hyperlinked list of every PC game on sale.  Of course, that is impossible because of the way Steam and every other site runs deals it would be 100s of games long and useless and plus, unlike fryskotynashe, we have lives.  I guess clicking on a link to a landing page of all deals you can browse on your own is too much of an inconvenience for the relics who still use CAG exclusively for their deals.   

RIP GCU

HeRE Is A DeAl On GAmeZ:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-xi

spongebob.jpg

That bundle lists 10 games, but there are trailers for 11 games; there's a trailer for Stories: Path of Destinies, but it's not listed as one of the games. If someone buys it, please post here if it actually includes the game.

The Technomancer is easily worth the $4.99 asking price for the bundle.

That being said I already own it and the only other game I'd care about trying is that Forward to the Sky game.  And I'm not buying the bundle just for that.  LOL

That being said I already own it and the only other game I'd care about trying is that Forward to the Sky game. And I'm not buying the bundle just for that. LOL
I already own Forward to the Sky if you'd want to split it (and I own Stories too if anyone wants that). It's a good bundle, barring the Pewdiepie game.

Also, I always use https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/options:pending to check deals and bundles.

I played about a half hour of Stories: Path of Destinies last night. Roughly five minutes was spent in combat, ten minutes was spent walking around between combat, and the remaining fifteen minutes was boring cutscenes with annoying voice acting.

As for actual good games, I figure I'll mention that Super Mega Baseball 2 has been out for three weeks now and I'm comfortable saying that it's the best baseball game ever released on PC. Improves upon the original in practically every way.

Last time I bought a fanatical bundle the main games I wanted ended up in the next monthly.  Hard to pass up technomancer for $5 though.

Anyone seen any current or upcoming deals on Steam Wallet cards? We're closing in on the Summer Sale, and I'd like to add another ~10% discount on top of it.
Considering Steam sales have been consistently worse than other digital retailers the past several years you're better off not buying Steam Wallet cards unless you're getting them at a 30% discount.

Considering Steam sales have been consistently worse than other digital retailers the past several years you're better off not buying Steam Wallet cards unless you're getting them at a 30% discount.
this! Im sitting on a boatload of gaben card money but the CAG in me wont let it go for the shit prices steam is putting down.

That being said I already own it and the only other game I'd care about trying is that Forward to the Sky game. And I'm not buying the bundle just for that. LOL
In mostly b/c of $5 Technomancer. Anything after that is basically gravy on top here.

EDIT:

Up to 1998 games here on Steam. Awesome.

2 more until 2000 Steam-games.

I just don't know which Jersey to wear. My Caps Jersey or my Lightning one. I'm so torn in this one.
You should wear whichever jersey will help the team whose fan base hasn't seen anything resembling sports success in literally two decades. Not only has there been no success, the failures have been embarrassing and crushing.

Yeah, I'd go with Tampa. This one could hurt (again).

Some leftover Killer stuff:

Pewdepie brofist - HYR?E-GKVFM-7Q68?

Swindle - 40I?H-0H5B3-64AM?

Hive Jump - PZNB!-EZR8H-G!M8E

Stories: Path of Destinies - V28CD-QIX02-!CQ?W

? = L

! = K

bread's done
Back