Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Detective Sale on Gamersgate:
https://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/tag/Detective/

DRM-FREE copies on almost all of Art of Murder series and Chronicles of Mystery series are $1 each on Gamersgate.
Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual is 50 cents.

These games aren't on Steam.

So, anyone looking to blow some low amounts of Blue Coins or spend a $1 on some adventure games - yeah, there you go.
Gross...

DRM Free

What kind of framerates are you getting at 1080p w/ the GTX 1080 w/ those graphics mods?
If I turn up everything as far as it goes (except Reflections MSAA at x4) then I get around 60fps -- ~70-75 during the city chase in the benchmarks but dips into the 50s during the panoramic landscape parts (Vinewood sign). Oh, I also have Depth of Field off because DoF is a blight and most games look better without it. What's the point of a million twinkling city lights if 80% of them are blurred out for some pseudo-cinematic effect? Grass is at ultra, MSAA x8, Nvidia PCSS shadows, etc. I'll probably scale back some stuff following Nvidia's Guide (Reflection MSAA seems to be useless) though; just wanted to see how it handled stuff cranked all the way up.

what's the best games to play in Ultrawide? Picked up an X34 recently and loving it. Surprisingly Dark Souls Remastered natively supports 21:9
I would say any game that supports it natively is great since it makes it more immersive I will recommend you download Flawless Widescreen for some games that don't have native options for Ultrawide

I need to install GTA V and some high-end mods and see what it can do with my setup considering I haven't played anything to actually push it at all since upgrading stuff.  I've been more focused on gardening and also doing things to pay for my computer purchases than actually playing anything.  

Speaking of GTA V, it's 20 bucks for a download at Gamestop, cheapest I've seen it. Personally going to wait another 8 years for it to get udner 10 bucks, GTA has never been my cup of tea

There's tax at GameStop though.

Still doesn't top when GTA5 PC was $19.99 on D2D after a 50% off coupon with no tax on V-Day 2016.

Still, this GS deal is pretty damn close though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Gamestop GTAV steam?
Oddly enough, GS lists it as Steam, even though it probably isn't - https://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/grand-theft-auto-v/115461

Everybody on Reddit that bought it is saying it's the RSC Version - https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/8ml7o2/grand_theft_auto_v_1979_at_gamestop_us_only/

I have never seen a GTA5 Steam-version sold outside of Steam and given what Reddit's saying, I'd guess the version on GS is probably the RSC Version.

I bought it years ago from D2D, so....yeah, that was a RSC Key.

Speaking of GTA V, it's 20 bucks for a download at Gamestop, cheapest I've seen it. Personally going to wait another 8 years for it to get udner 10 bucks, GTA has never been my cup of tea
I'm still holding out on that GTA Liberty City Stories PC port with MysterD. 13 years and counting baby!

What about your mom's port? ... Oh yesh, I landed there today with a boatload of other seamen!
tumblr_mqzy8xURQ11s7rhw6o1_400.gif

If Bluehole is following the licensing terms, that seems like it would cause more problems for Epic than it would fix.
Pretty much this. As much as Fortnite makes Epic I'm sure the engine makes them more and doing anything to Bluehole outside of a counter suit could easily make other partners (or new partners) pause before doing or continuing with Epic.

I got to imagine Epic wins this lawsuit easily.

Suing Epic (at least in certain case) is against license terms tho.
I'll have to take your word for it. I don't care enough about their squabble to Internet Lawyer my way through the licensing terms. I find it hard to believe that there's an enforceable clause saying "you can't sue us for anything even if unrelated to this license" but hey, I'll let the lawyers figure that out (or not since I doubt Epic will be revoking it anyway).

Yea, I don't know if I'd buy that. Then Epic can literally rip off any game they want from anyone that made a hit on their engine.

The clauses can't possibly be that broad.

There is an unadvertised weekly sale on some Square Enix titles. One notable sale is that of Deus Ex Mankind Divided, which keeps getting cheaper and cheaper each time its on sale. I am glad I've held off on getting it earlier, like during the Steam Spring Sale.

There is an unadvertised weekly sale on some Square Enix titles. One notable sale is that of Deus Ex Mankind Divided, which keeps getting cheaper and cheaper each time its on sale. I am glad I've held off on getting it earlier, like during the Steam Spring Sale.
Making me feel bad I got it in a Humble Monthly!

Sega Mega Drive Collection got updated for free with achievements, challenges, and online mp

all the games are also much cheaper now (but still not Fanatical cheap)

Honestly, I'm expecting a full Elder Scrolls VI reveal at the upcoming E3.  All has been quiet on the Bethesda front and it will have been seven years in November since Skyrim came out. 

Maybe Bethesda has a Fallout spin-off from their Montreal Studio coming...?

EDIT:

Yeah, I did figure Bethesda Rockville (main studio) would throw ES6 next, not Fallout. So, Fallout tease is a surprise, in that regard.

Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

There is an unadvertised weekly sale on some Square Enix titles. One notable sale is that of Deus Ex Mankind Divided, which keeps getting cheaper and cheaper each time its on sale. I am glad I've held off on getting it earlier, like during the Steam Spring Sale
Making me feel bad I got it in a Humble Monthly!
Holy shit! 4.50 for the base title and 8.23 for the goty version?!? Makes me pissed I bought the goty version in the Winter sale last year for 13 bucks off humble...at least i've already played it and it hasn't sat in my backlog while better sales crop up

Maybe Bethesda has a Fallout spin-off from their Montreal Studio coming...?

EDIT:

Yeah, I did figure Bethesda Rockville (main studio) would throw ES6 next, not Fallout. So, Fallout tease is a surprise, in that regard.

Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.
My money is on a fo3 remaster and starfield being announced at e3

when does a teaser ever result in a AAA announcement?  It's always some crappy phone game, a browser game, or another dumb port. 

like wow Fallout 3 is coming to the Nintendo Switch for $59.99 OMG.  That's your ceiling. 

when does a teaser ever result in a AAA announcement? It's always some crappy phone game, a browser game, or another dumb port.

like wow Fallout 3 is coming to the Nintendo Switch for $59.99 OMG. That's your ceiling.
I mean this is how bethesda announced fallout 4, so really not the best company or IP to make this argument with. But my bet is you're kind of right about the fo3 thing, but i'll take a remaster of that game any day. Fallout 3 with Fallout 4's gunplay and graphics? Sure.

My money is on a fallout port to switch
This is definitely happening I think, but there's gotta be more than that. I don't see them doing a tease like this just to announce a port. There'll be something more substantial than that, even if it's something as dumb as a fallout card game or whatever.

So it turns out the stream led to a teaser trailer for a brand new Fallout game called Fallout 76.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

Todd Howard said they'll show more at their conference at E3 this year.

bread's done
Back