Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
E3 killing it with

RAGE 2

DOOM 2 Eternal

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Just Cause 4

Yakuza 0

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Hitman 2

and now my wallet is empty...

E3 killing it with

RAGE 2

DOOM 2 Eternal

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Just Cause 4

Yakuza 0

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Hitman 2

and now my wallet is empty...
giphy.gif

SEGA officially announced Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami and Valkyria Chronicles 4 for PC.

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/yakuza-0-yakuza-kiwami-and-valkyria-chronicles-4-coming-to-pc

EDIT: Holy shit, the pages are already up on Steam and Yakuza 0's priced incredibly fair at $19.99 ($17.99 if you pre-order):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/638970/Yakuza_0/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/834530/Yakuza_Kiwami/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/790820/Valkyria_Chronicles_4/
Nice this is one Series that Day One Buy now if we cant get Persona/Atlus Games Im set

Dying Light 2 looks promising.  Chris Avellone will be writing and they are adding some impact/choice-and-consequence to the stuff you do in-game.  Biggest issue I had with Dying Light was the world was boring and running/jumping around doing quests didn't really mean anything and you could ignores the dozens of side quests because all they did was give you more crappy items/cash.  Now with factions and the city changing based on your actions there's a reason to do stuff.

Dying Light 2 looks promising. Chris Avellone will be writing and they are adding some impact/choice-and-consequence to the stuff you do in-game. Biggest issue I had with Dying Light was the world was boring and running/jumping around doing quests didn't really mean anything and you could ignores the dozens of side quests because all they did was give you more crappy items/cash. Now with factions and the city changing based on your actions there's a reason to do stuff.
Yeah, I thought Dying Light 2 was interesting from what was shown, and having Chris Avellone on board is cool. Not being talked about a lot but one of the surprisingly interesting things that's been shown. Games I've been most interested in include Cyperpunk, Sekiro, Rage 2, Doom, and Nioh 2. Intrigued by Dying Light 2 and Death Stranding (have no idea how much I'll actually like that title, but it's weird enough to pique my interest). Fallout 76 was easily the biggest letdown for me.

Control is the game I'm most looking forward to because it seems like real Remedy goodness without having to watch FMV cutscenes for 20 minutes at a time.

e: I use discord to talk to friends now because AIM shut down and every time it starts up it has some dumbshit Borderlands humor like "ENSURING DANKEST MEMES" and I hate it so much but I don't know what alternative there is

DOUBLE EDIT: that new Jurassic Park game thats apparently just a sequel to Operation Genesis is out now, thinking about getting it. I liked Genesis a lot, and this is developed by Frontier who know how to make a park-building game

Last edited by a moderator:
Control is the game I'm most looking forward to because it seems like real Remedy goodness without having to watch FMV cutscenes for 20 minutes at a time.

e: I use discord to talk to friends now because AIM shut down and every time it starts up it has some dumbshit Borderlands humor like "ENSURING DANKEST MEMES" and I hate it so much but I don't know what alternative there is

DOUBLE EDIT: that new Jurassic Park game thats apparently just a sequel to Operation Genesis is out now, thinking about getting it. I liked Genesis a lot, and this is developed by Frontier who know how to make a park-building game
Read the reviews first. JWE not getting the best reviews.

Those dumb DIscord jokes are user submitted so submit your own!

Read the reviews first. JWE not getting the best reviews.

Those dumb DIscord jokes are user submitted so submit your own!
eh the first one didn't have glowing reviews either. I don't think I'll buy it at full price anyway, I have enough to play right now

and how about, uh, not having meme jokes when you start a program? Is that an option? As part of their april fools thing they had an "update" claiming you could remove that shit and I got excited and then realized it was fake.

I actually had JWE pre-ordered and cancelled it yesterday because of most of these reviews. Apparently gameplay is super shallow, and it may be fun initially but later nothing really makes sense. Like you have 3 'areas' to keep happy, security, science, and something else, and if you start to focus on one area more and ignore another like ignoring security, then they just go off and do stupid shit like let velociraptors out of their pen to go eat people.

Also staged dino fights to the death for entertainment? Theres just a lot of shit wrong with the game right now, so cancelled the preorder, will come back in october when its all patched and 25$. Or wait and see how parkasaurus, prehistoric kingdom and mesozoica fare, all 3 are aimed at the actual tycoon builder genre which JWE is not

Yeah, I thought Dying Light 2 was interesting from what was shown, and having Chris Avellone on board is cool. Not being talked about a lot but one of the surprisingly interesting things that's been shown. Games I've been most interested in include Cyperpunk, Sekiro, Rage 2, Doom, and Nioh 2. Intrigued by Dying Light 2 and Death Stranding (have no idea how much I'll actually like that title, but it's weird enough to pique my interest). Fallout 76 was easily the biggest letdown for me.
Fallout 76 was also the biggest disappointment for me also.

RAGE 2 and DOOM: Eternal definitely were highlights for me from Bethesda Conference. And I really liked what GameSpot shown off for RAGE 2.

I really did enjoy a lot of what I've played of Dying Light - but with Avellone on board for the sequel to do w/ choice-stuff and likely how great his writing/narrative stuff will be, I am even more stoked for Dying Light 2 than I ever expected originally.

I am very curious about Death Stranding - but, I need some action action shown. It's definitely weird enough that even without gameplay, I'm still curious as hell about it.

Also, The Last of Us Part 2 & Ghosts of Tushima (spelling?) looks great.

idk this seems extremely accurate to the movies
Yea I agree, but thats needed for the plot of a movie. I think people were expecting that since it came from the frontier pedigree it was going to be a park building sim, which is not what it is, especially when it was billed as 'build your own jurassic world'. Really its just a light management sim, theres not much else in it. Hell theres even barely any info on the guests so you have no idea what they want/need

IGN is currently looking at Cyberpunk 2077.

EDIT:

Cyberpunk is going to be utilizing the first-person perspective.

When driving, you can go into first or third-person perspectives.

There will be vehicles; at least motorcycles and cars are here.

Can pick between Male or female character named V, who is full voice-acted.

No real class system, though you can wind-up being considered having a certain class based on what skills you select/upgrade/whatever or wind-up w/ some kind of jack of all trade.

Story will be noir-based.

Famous characters from Cyberpunk series will be in here.

There will be melee and ranged gun combat.

IGN is currently looking at Cyberpunk 2077.

EDIT:

Cyberpunk is going to be utilizing the first-person perspective.

When driving, you can go into first or third-person perspectives.

There will be vehicles; at least motorcycles are cars are here.

Can pick between Male or female character named V, who is full voice-acted.

No real class system, though you can wind-up being considered having a certain class based on what skills you select/upgrade/whatever or wind-up w/ some kind of jack of all trade.

Story will be noir-based.

Famous characters from Cyberpunk series will be in here.

There will be melee and ranged gun combat.
Really my main hangup with Cyberpunk is that I don't know if CDPR can make the shooting feel good. It took them 3 Witcher games before the combat in that was adequate, after all.

I remember mIRC doing a blog post ~10 years ago (or longer) about reaching like 10 or 100 registered users.  I'm sure it was a joke, for April Fools or something, but probably not far off.

EDIT:

Maybe it was winzip or winrar or something...

Speaking of old software:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1558-AFCM-4577

Windows XP and Windows Vista Support

Starting on January 1 2019, Steam will officially stop supporting the Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems. This means that after that date the Steam Client will no longer run on those versions of Windows. In order to continue running Steam and any games or other products purchased through Steam, users will need to update to a more recent version of Windows.

The newest features in Steam rely on an embedded version of Google Chrome, which no longer functions on older versions of Windows. In addition, future versions of Steam will require Windows feature and security updates only present in Windows 7 and above.

For the remainder of 2018 Steam will continue to run and to launch games on Windows XP and Windows Vista, but other functionality in Steam will be somewhat limited. For example, new features such as the new Steam Chat will not be available. We encourage all users on these operating systems to upgrade to newer versions of Windows in order to have ongoing access to the latest features of Steam, and to ensure future access to all games and other Steam content.

Really my main hangup with Cyberpunk is that I don't know if CDPR can make the shooting feel good. It took them 3 Witcher games before the combat in that was adequate, after all.
This is true, but you don't really play the witcher games for the combat anyway. So long as it's adequate it'll be fine, I think they'll be able to put something together that at least doesn't noticeably detract from the experience to the point where it makes you question playing it or something

My gaming rig is getting pretty old and I'm shopping around for something new. I'm not sure if I'll build again or if I'll just buy something ready out of the box as time is not really my friend these days. Do any of you have any experience with Cyberpower PCs? I'm looking at either this one or this one. Any other equivalents for sale out there that any of you know of?

Are you actually going to overclock?  Are you just gaming on it or using it for other intensive purposes like video recording/editing?  Might save some money going AMD.

Are you actually going to overclock? Are you just gaming on it or using it for other intensive purposes like video recording/editing? Might save some money going AMD.
Just gaming. Nothing else other than watching videos and streams. (not streaming on it either)

*edit

No overclocking either

Forza Horizon 4 looks awesome.

We also now have a Route/Race Creator too, so you can create your own routes and checkpoints for a race and whatnot.

My gaming rig is getting pretty old and I'm shopping around for something new. I'm not sure if I'll build again or if I'll just buy something ready out of the box as time is not really my friend these days. Do any of you have any experience with Cyberpower PCs? I'm looking at either this one or this one. Any other equivalents for sale out there that any of you know of?
No experience w/ Cyberpower PC's - but the specs on both of those are awesome.

Since both are NVidia-based, I will also advise this: go for a 120hz G-Sync ready monitor. I have never experienced anything so smooth in my life, gameplay-wise. As good as playing anything at 60fps is - that feels like crap, when compared to what comes out of a 120hz monitor w/ G-Sync support.

Watching Giant Bomb E3 Night Cast.

Alex is talking about Remedy's upcoming Control

...and its crazy and bat-crap story/premise, tons or Remedy style action, and your special powers.

I'm sold on this.

Since both are NVidia-based, I will also advise this: go for a 120hz G-Sync ready monitor. I have never experienced anything so smooth in my life, gameplay-wise. As good as playing anything at 60fps is - that feels like crap, when compared to what comes out of a 120hz monitor w/ G-Sync support.
Any specific models better values than others? The prices seem kind of all over the place.

Any specific models better values than others? The prices seem kind of all over the place.
No clue.

This might not help much, but my EVGA SC15 Gaming Laptop came w/ 120hz G-Sync built into it (and also a 1060 GTX 6GB mobile card).

So, I'm loving these insanely ridiculous high framerates and G-Sync support. You could be at 120fps and get a nasty framerate drop/hit to say 90fps...and you won't even notice it happened, unless you're actually looking at your framerate counter to notice it took a hit. Everything is so smooth, even despite such hits - probably b/c of G-Sync and the framerates are so high that you won't notice the hits, both in terms of feel and sight.

I often would notice hits in games when it's 60fps and then I take a hit, whether big of 20-30 fps or even say just around 10 frames - as I'd have to adjust how I play to get everything on the same wavelength. The feel for 30fps vs. 60fps is different for me; especially in a fast-paced action game...especially shooters. Naw, I don't have to do that w/ G-Sync and 120hz - everything's smooth as hell; don't have to worry about adjusting anything on how I play.

EDIT:

I definitely need to look into real 120hz G-Sync monitors to tie to my desktop b/c....well, I feel like I'm not using my desktop PC as much anymore for gaming, since getting this laptop. The framerates & refresh rates are just so awesome w/ no stutters, tears, or anything - eh, 60fps without G-Sync feels "meh" next to what my laptop's doing. It ain't even in the same league.

bread's done
Back