Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Two new Chrono shop games plus a beta test for a game. 

1 coin for Icons: Combat Arena Beta Weekend 

5k for Don't Sink (this one looks interesting but I only have 4400 coins, alas)

5k for Blade Symphony

Someone's raptr sig is making my chrome throw a red alert.

Anyone else having problems with security warnings from raptr.com When trying to go back a page on certain threads?

Having this problem with the Steelbook bluray thread and this one.

Damn I cant even go to the last page with some big red warning over Raptr lol
Sorry. It's been fixed. I hadn't updated my profile in years and didn't realize it was there. :wall:

I'm doing what you guys suggested and scouring my local Craigslist for a used EVGA gtx 1060, hopefully with 6GB.  I've been seeing some listings for ~ $200.  That should last a year or two.   Hopefully I don't encounter a shitbag seller that gives me a broken card.  Then I can start buying and playing new games again.  :cool:

I'm sure it won't be broken, it'll just have 2000 hours of 100% load, 200% overclocked crypto mining under it's belt.

Last edited by a moderator:
My haul is a big old 0 too, but i'll update sometime between today and tomorrow to use the Paypal offer for 20% off $30 I believe. Likely just buying two VNs or something.

I'm doing what you guys suggested and scouring my local Craigslist for a used EVGA gtx 1060, hopefully with 6GB. I've been seeing some listings for ~ $200. That should last a year or two. Hopefully I don't encounter a shitbag seller that gives me a broken card. Then I can start buying and playing new games again. :cool:
You can probably get a new one for $40 more in a month or so.

I'm doing what you guys suggested and scouring my local Craigslist for a used EVGA gtx 1060, hopefully with 6GB. I've been seeing some listings for ~ $200. That should last a year or two. Hopefully I don't encounter a shitbag seller that gives me a broken card. Then I can start buying and playing new games again. :cool:
Consdering my craigslist and facebook marketplace are filled with people selling "Jailbroken/ I just followed a guide on the internet" Fire sticks for two or three times the normal price and people are buying them, I don't want to know what graphics cards are selling for here.

Edit: Yep, People are still trying to sell them for $800-900 dollars here.

My Summer Steam Haul 2018 (so far):

GreenManGaming - Purchases:

WWE 2K18: Deluxe Edition = $18.

Steam - Purchases:

River City Ransom: Underground = $4.99

Thief Collection Bundle (to Complete the bundle...to get Thief 2014 DLC's) = $1.38

Age of Decadence & Dungeon Rats bundle = $6.43

Neon Struct Game & Soundtrack + Artbook DLC = $2.48

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Complete = $7.99

Hard West: Complete = $5.25

X Rebirth: Home of Light = $2.49

Republique = $4.99

Rebel Galaxy = $3.99

Steam Purchases Total = $39.99 - $5 Paypal Steam Promo = $34.99.

Steam - FREE Games:

Red Faction: Guerrilla - Re-Mars-Tered Edition (b/c I own the old RFG Version on Steam).

My Salien Summer Sale 2018 Stats:
24,075 XP Earned

5 Salien Level Achieved

31 Planets Visited

0 Bosses Fought

Side notes:

So, also...any opinions, thoughts, experiences, suggestions, and whatnot on stuff I've nominated to maybe buy for myself and/or games that I have not listed that you'd like to mention, go right ahead.

You could get this 1060 6GB Mini for $230 new from NewEgg with the eBay coupon

You could get this 1060 6GB Mini for $230 new from NewEgg with the eBay coupon
They've all been scooped up like crazy here. I'd love to get anything for <$300.

Edit: Wasn't Loading for me, But now it is. never mind.

The Fact that I have to order online and have it shipped in one piece worries me though, Considering the UPS here is well known for going on wild chases with packages. I have to add a couple days to each delivery because of that. Half the time they will ship it far into the city from where I live.

Edit: Now there's a phone outage for comcast customers in the city. I'm Beginning to hate where I live.

Sorry, posted without adding the link.  It's a mini so it only had one fan (which will run faster/louder than 2-3 fans) but I think a couple guys here own a 1060 Mini and are happy with it.

Product Review

@Syntax

Do the mini's get the same performance as its bigger brother?

How are the heat levels on the mini vid-cards compared to its bigger brother? Much higher? A little higher?

@Syntax

Do the mini's get the same performance as its bigger brother?

How are the heat levels on the mini vid-cards compared to its bigger brother? Much higher? A little higher?
Benchmarking in the linked review put it about equal to the 1060 Founder's Edition for FPS, give or take for variance. I think it might run a couple degrees hotter than a larger card with more cooling but not exceptionally slow. You wouldn't be able to overclock it since it has no temp headroom but I doubt that's a concern in Nothing371's case. Having reasonable case airflow is going to help.

Anyway, I'm not really advocating for the card because I feel deeply about it, just saw it was close to his desired price point without the Craigslist concerns of busted/flaky/mining-worn cards.

@Syntax

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

I have seen some mini 1060's and mini 1070's on the market, so this is good to know. Not everybody has the room to stick the bigger normal versions in their smaller cases.

Are there mini 1080's and mini 1080 Ti's out there?

EDIT:

To speak on the 1060's, I have the 1060 6GB mobile card in my SC15 laptop. It smokes many games at 1080p at High settings (or better) at 90-120fps (with 120hz monitor), except GR: Wildlands.  GR: Wildlands is in the 60's-70's at 1080p. 1060 6GB mobile is not much different than its desktop brother.

If the mini-desktop 1060 and regular 1060 perform similar - gamers are in for some awesome gaming at 1080p.

Saliens game has bosses now, if you are running a script(s) go update if you have not already.

EDIT:

Heh.  The error you get from Valve when the boss breaks your script actually says "This is a boss zone.  Update your cheats."

Is there a reason to play beyond getting cards?  And clothes to sell for half a penny I guess?  And the 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000 chance of winning a game that will be bundled next week?

Is there a reason to play beyond getting cards? And clothes to sell for half a penny I guess? And the 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000 chance of winning a game that will be bundled next week?
Nope, "pointless" pretty much covers it.

So did I. *High Five*

I got it on my alt account though.
8dGHLyBy37-3.png

So I did a giveaway on steamgifts for "In Fear I Trust" from a poopees bundle.  I figured I'd just give the winner of Episode 1 the other 3 episodes.

The guy that won isn't a native english speaker and declined my steam invite.  So I emailed him the keys and told him I did so in a reply of his "Thanks" comment. 

He replied with "no thanks =) I'm afraid for Scamming".

WtseYWY.gif

Hey guys...I know this isn't a deal request thread but I'm looking to pick up Destiny 2 and the expansion pass for PC. Anybody know of any deals out there for it right now?

Hey guys...I know this isn't a deal request thread but I'm looking to pick up Destiny 2 and the expansion pass for PC. Anybody know of any deals out there for it right now?
Nothing at all wrong about asking people for help finding a deal. People do it all the time here.

Unfortunately though, I'm not gonna be a lot of help. Destiny 2 doesn't interest me all that much, so I haven't been keeping an eye on it. The one thing that I would suggest is that you check the Steam/PC Game trading thread. Destiny 2 (the base game) was recently feature in a humble monthly. So there should be people with extra keys out there who will sell them to you for $12-15. I believe it was region locked though. So if you go that route, be sure to buy the one that corresponds to your region (E.G. North America or Europe).

It would be nice to find some cheap Destiny 2 DLC's/Expansion Pass/etc.

I really liked the Destiny 2 base-game a hell of a lot, despite it being always online.

Can anyone speak to the quality/longevity/worthwhile-ness of Shadow of War? If I "complete my collection", since I have the last Shadow Of GOTY, I can get SoWar Gold for $27.19 or thereabouts. Just wondering if I should bother.

Can anyone speak to the quality/longevity/worthwhile-ness of Shadow of War? If I "complete my collection", since I have the last Shadow Of GOTY, I can get SoWar Gold for $27.19 or thereabouts. Just wondering if I should bother.
Can always send that $27.19 to me. Promise I won't buy any stupid achievement spam games with it.

Can always send that $27.19 to me. Promise I won't buy any stupid achievement spam games with it.
I had no clue that was even an option. So generous of you to take it off my hands. Sure you won't mind?

I remember that Bah liked it pretty well. You can read his review for it here.
Eh, on second thought, might just wait. Well written review, but seems like too much work for the "fun".

Honestly, I think I'm just looking for a game to help me stop dwelling on Cyber Punk. Was really, really hoping that'd be out soon, but CDPR was just toying with our emotions, now claiming it's only in a pre-alpha state and possibly years away.

I had no clue that was even an option. So generous of you to take it off my hands. Sure you won't mind?

Eh, on second thought, might just wait. Well written review, but seems like too much work for the "fun".

Honestly, I think I'm just looking for a game to help me stop dwelling on Cyber Punk. Was really, really hoping that'd be out soon, but CDPR was just toying with our emotions, now claiming it's only in a pre-alpha state and possibly years away.
Republique

Pretty subjective question, but is there a best Jackbox or are they all pretty hit or miss?
Jackbox Party Pack 3 is typically seen as the best, though it is missing Drawful, Fibbage and You Don't Know Jack.
Jackbox Party Pack has Drawful and Fibbage and does have You Don't Know Jack, but the rest of the games are kinda blah.
Jackbox Party Pack 2 is just kind middling comparatively.
Jackbox Party Pack 4 is alright, but doesn't really have a standout.

TL;DR: 3>1>4>2.

Unless you need one for a get-together this weekend or something, I'd just keep an eye Fanatical. They've been doing bundles and Star Deals of them occassionally.

Since I missed the Steam Sale haul posts.

Thus far, I've only picked up a few things: 

Rock of Ages 2- Because I had the first one, it was now to $4.50. I really like the art style and sense of humor of the first one, and this is lots more of the same, now with additional co-op features.  

Quantum Conundrum Season Pass.  99 cents for the game and the DLC- a wanna be portal with ok production values and owning it makes future Square Enix bundles cheaper. I'm good with that. 

12 Labors of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece ($1.19)
Farm Frenzy Heave Ho, Farm Frenzy Hurricane Season, Farm Frenzy Collection. ($5.49)
I've hung around here way too long, and somehow got infected by the Motoki-Grandma-Games-Virus. 
But, they're decently made, and make for good braindead clicking while binge-streaming Netflix or watching Saturday/Sunday sports. 

Gothic Universe Edition ($3.99)- GOG's last few sales have me going back and picking up old RPGs. I'll probably never play them, but 99 cents each is right around my buy price for reasonably well-reviewed CRPGS of days gone by. 

Alien Splatter Redux ($0.49) and Princess Remedy: In a Heap of Trouble ($0.50)- Retro-styled platformers are something I enjoy... for the right price. Fifty cents is right around the right price. 
Alien Splatter Redux is a Contra-like 8/16-bit styled shoot-em up, and Princess Remedy is a ZX-Spectrum styled game that is the sequel to the free game (Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt)

It would be nice to find some cheap Destiny 2 DLC's/Expansion Pass/etc.

I really liked the Destiny 2 base-game a hell of a lot, despite it being always online.
The expansion pass was like half off on humble recently...

Granted, I still don't know why anyone would want it... You need the base game, that expansion pass, a 40 dollar patch to fix the game (Forsaken), just so you can decide if you want to give them more money for their next annual
pass. (Which costs 35 bucks.)

I still have my humble copy and I'm willing to sale for 29 bucks. Yes, it should be cheaper but if you want to play Destiny 2 you need to get use to the idea of being price gouged.

The expansion pass was like half off on humble recently...

Granted, I still don't know why anyone would want it... You need the base game, that expansion pass, a 40 dollar patch to fix the game (Forsaken), just so you can decide if you want to give them more money for their next annual
pass. (Which costs 35 bucks.)

I still have my humble copy and I'm willing to sale for 29 bucks. Yes, it should be cheaper but if you want to play Destiny 2 you need to get use to the idea of being price gouged.
Oh, that's right; Forsaken is still coming. Will have to wait for a Complete Edition to namely get all the Expansion/DLC Content, the way this going.

It's typically pretty cheap anyway, but the Commandos Collection is currently the star deal at fanatical and is 79 cents. I'm not sure if the 10 percent off code is eligible on star deals or not, but if it is that'd make it like 70 cents. 

bread's done
Back