Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My Summer Steam Haul 2018 (so far):None

Nuuvem Haul (so far):
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late-(3.58)
Tales of Symphonia-(2.36)
Mortal Kombat XL-(4.79)

SeasonalCAG The One And Only:

Thanks to louie for posting the Battletech glitch on TheHangOut. Was going between Nioh and Ni No Kuni for the fakeybroh and Wags recommended Nioh. The rest were just things I have been eyeing and cheap enough. Not a bad haul over all. If any are in the HB Monthly this Friday your welcome. Also if you haven't tried the new Discord Steam chat it is better than the old junk. It even works in the web browser so you can group chat at work. So come join us at TheHangOut.

Steam Haul
Little King's Story
Dying Light The Following ROW
Moero Chronicle
South Park The Fractured But Whole - WW Single Bundle Standard
Nioh: Complete Edition / 仁王 Complete Edition
Spintires: MudRunner

Amazon Haul
BATTLETECH Digital Deluxe Edition $10.39

Salien Stats

lRauyDJ.jpg

Yeah I just ran a script someone made and when I realized I was already max level, I stopped bothering with it.  No way in hell I would have bothered playing that game more than once manually.  

So I'm thinking about picking up GTA 5. Those shark cards, they're just shortcuts to gain money, right? I mean, if I don't care about buying an aircraft carrier (or if I do care, and I'm willing to do a shitload of grinding for the money) then I don't need the shark cards, do I?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm thinking about picking up GTA 5. Those shark cards, they're just shortcuts to gain money, right? I mean, if I don't care about buying an aircraft carrier (or if I do care, and I'm willing to do a shitload of grinding for the money) then I don't need the shark cards, do I?
Correct.

I'm probably done with sale purchases... I didn't get much and mainly bought cheap DLC stuff that's been on my wishlist forever.

Gifted 2 copies of Into the Breach
Good on you, this game looks awesome. I've watched some YT videos of it and it looks like a great follow up to FTL. What do you think of it?

It's not even useful money. It's multiplayer cash. Don't fucking bother, that mode is filled with hackers and normal people get banned all the time.

My final Steam sale haul:

- The King of Fighters XIV Upgrade Pack 2 (4x DLC characters)
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Minecraft Story Mode Season Two, Batman: The Enemy Within (complete the set bundle)
- Hitman: Bonus Campaign Patient Zero + GOTY Costume Bundle
- Axiom Verge game + OST + Behind The Scenes vids
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY

Gifts / bundle crap:
- Yakuza 0 (gift from a local friend)
- Ben and Ed (b/day gift from Fox)
- Most of Piko Interactive's crappy Steam releases of old games via a Fanatical bundle
- Metro 2033 Redux + Metro Last Light Redux (via $10 coupon at Direct2Drive)

I still have 66.91 pesos left over... not sure what to get with it.

I think I say this every year on every forum I post to but...  as a pet owner, I HATE FIREWORKS.  Why they let people set the bloody things off in the city I will never understand.

The Steam Salien game was sort of a bust. I had way more fun scripting the clicker game they had last time.

I do think he's rather cute though...:

[attachment=30495:Screenshot-2018-7-5 Steam Community hal.png]

I think I say this every year on every forum I post to but... as a pet owner, I HATE FIREWORKS. Why they let people set the bloody things off in the city I will never understand.
I bought some calming spray crap at a pet store.

It didn't 100% help, but my dog isn't vibrating and panting, so maybe it did something.

EDIT:

I usually deal with fireworks for about a month before/after the 4th.

So I did a little steam sale shopping...  I haven't played most (what do you really expect from me?) but I have given Super Blood Hockey a try... 

My thoughts.  Its likely the best ice hockey game on steam.  Granted, outside of management style games there's only one and its a 1 on 1 style game. 

The Good

Controls

Simplicity but not lacking in strategy

Ease of Rules

Graphics

Its fun!

The Bad

No online play

No character customization (though there are three player types, Enforcer, Playmaker, and Sniper.)

Neutral

International Teams and not City Teams (aka NHL teams without proper names)

If rules like icing, two line passes, off sides, out of bounds, goalie interference and penalties like interference, charging, elbowing, high sticking, cross checking, slew footing, tripping, or questionable conduct like licking your opponents isn't your thing you have nothing to worry about.  None of it matters!  here are no penalties and there is only three rules. 

Rule 1) Face offs happen when a stoppage of play has happened (start of periods, goals scored, and line brawls) 

Rule 2) The clock counts down till the end of the period which there are three off unless its tied.

Rule 3) There are no penalties but brawls do happen!  At this point everyone punches everyone (be careful not to punch your own teammates!) till one team is left standing...  The losing team is now a man down (I'm not sure of the correct length of time) as their now nearly dead teammates bleeds on the ice and remains an obstacle till he recovers.

The controls are simple.  It looks like Ice Hockey for the NES but plays more like Blades of Steel.

My Haul this summer.  Mostly a lot of "clear out the wishlist" items.  Anyone got any great last minute buys?  =)

Tomb of Annihilation Complete

Soma

Stasis Deluxe Edition

Antihero

Dicetiny

Into the Stars Deluxe Edition

Killers and Thieves

Alone in the Dark Anthology

Lara Croft Go

We are the Dwarves

The Bionic Commando Pack

X-COM Complete Pack

Alpha Protocol

Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition

Fallout 4 Nuka World

Fallout 4 Vault-Tec Workshop

The Walking Zombe: Dead City

The Surge: Complete Edition

Moonlighter

Dollar Forever Bundle

Dollar Classics Bundle

Dollar Loco Bundle

Dollar Collector's Bundle

All Stars X Bundle

Dollar Command Bundle

Dollar Viva Bundle

Steam Summer Sale Haul

Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000

American Truck Simulator DLC - Steering Creations, Heavy Cargo, & New Mexico

Amnesia: Memories

Bioshock Infinite DLC - Season Pass

Bot Vice

Cold Fear

Deep Space Waifu DLC - Academy

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair (love this game so far)

Euro Truck Simulator 2 DLC - Vive la France!

Flying Tigers: Shadow Over China DLC - Paradise Island DLC

Foto Flash

Gothicc Breaker

Haydee

King Exit

MoeJigsaw

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition

Strikey Sisters

Super Star Path

Received as Gifts

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: World at War

Steam Sale Haul:

Airbo - $0.08
Beyond the Sunset - $0.49
ClaDun x2 - $2.99
Click.O.Fast - $0.08
DeFaster - $0.08
Dragon Knight - $1.59
Froggy BOI - $0.08
G-DINO'S JUNGLE ADVENTURE - $0.17
Garden wars - $0.08
Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms - $3.59
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds - $3.59
Hell in Paradise - $0.08
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition - $3.99
Light Cube - $0.08
Moero Chronicle - $3.99
Princess Remedy In A Heap of Trouble - $0.50
RaKoval~Nya: Escape Edition - $0.17
RKN - Roskomnadzor banned the Internet - $0.08
Save The Villy - $0.08
Sky Dodge - $0.08
Sliver-Sclicker - $0.17
Space Googy - $0.08
Super B-Dino's adventures - $0.08
The Duller - $0.17
The Frosty Leaves 寒叶下的薄冰 - $0.49
The Fruitless Flower 雾雨中的徒花 - $0.49
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption - $1.49
Weird Dungeon Explorer: Defender - $0.17
Weird Dungeon Explorer: Run Away - $0.17
Weird Dungeon Explorer: Wave Beat - $0.17
月夜下的紅茶杯 ~ Blacktea With Moon - $0.49

tbh I often underestimate just how willing some people are to put up with incredibly boring shit. There are people in the Japanese Games thread who are legitimately arguing in 2018 that Shenmue is a good game.
I had to mentally check out of that when it got to "How can the game design be hostile if playing a game is a consensual agreement, man??" :speaktothehand:

Nada.  Thought about some $2ish stuff but will hold out for bundle status.  The $17ish so of Steambux I have I'll use towards a preorder of Rebel Galaxy '2' when it comes out in the Fall or Winter.

Steam summer sale haul:

Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition - $4.99

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear - $4.99

Amnesia: The Dark Descent - $2.99

Soma - $5.99

Evoland - $2.49

Azure Striker Gunvolt - $4.49

Valley - $3.99

Redie - $1.49

Moreo Chronicle - $3.99

Pyre - $7.99

It's really tough when there is all this stuff you want to purchase but you know it will likely get bundled sometime.  For instance, I was going to buy the old Blazblue and Guilty Gear games along with Ultra Street Fighter 4. 

2018 Steam Summer Sale Haul of Shame

I bought these as gifts for someone:

State of mind during the sale:

JKILHVk.gif

Steam summer sale haul:

Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition - $4.99

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear - $4.99

Amnesia: The Dark Descent - $2.99

Soma - $5.99

Evoland - $2.49

Azure Striker Gunvolt - $4.49

Valley - $3.99

Redie - $1.49

Moreo Chronicle - $3.99

Pyre - $7.99

It's really tough when there is all this stuff you want to purchase but you know it will likely get bundled sometime. For instance, I was going to buy the old Blazblue and Guilty Gear games along with Ultra Street Fighter 4.
Well, and I am not saying this in in a snarky way, but Amnesia has been free before and Soma has been bundled before. I assume you either missed Amnesia being free or in the case of Soma, didn't find the bundle worthwhile. I've sort of let go of the angst of "this will be bundled." Usually the bundles are priced close to or a little more than the sale price of the one game I want or in the case of IG, just difficult to find a group buy, so I just buy the games I want and don't worry about it.

What  I did during summer vacation by.. oh wait.  Summer Sale 2018 Haul list:

--  Just Cause 3 XL

--  Euro Truck Simulator 2:  Viva La France! DLC

--  Watch Dogs 2

--  Far Cry 4 Gold

--  Metal Gear Solid V:  The Phantom Pain

--  Tales of Symphonia

My "I would have totally bought this if it weren't obvious Humble Monthly fodder" list:

Tooth and Tail

Darkest Dungeon

My "it's HOW big of a download?  OMG, get off my wishlist!" List:

Middle Earth:  Shadow of War

Final Fantasy XV

I've sort of let go of the angst of "this will be bundled." Usually the bundles are priced close to or a little more than the sale price of the one game I want or in the case of IG, just difficult to find a group buy, so I just buy the games I want and don't worry about it.
Yeah, I just wish list stuff that looks interesting so maybe it'll remind me if it becomes bundled that "Hey, I wanted that". But I bought stuff this sale without much worry about if it was bundled back in 2014 or if it'll be bundled in August. I think the only fancy-pants title I bought was Hellblade and even that's not really a AAA release but just a technically well done game. The rest was all cheapy indie stuff and I've been largely happy with the games I've tried so I guess this sale was a curious success for me despite the terrible deals on big titles. If the stuff I bought and liked goes gets bundled in a month, I'll just have to be happy saying "Hey, you should totally get this cheap game 'cause it was good".

As a follow-up on Valley, I finished it yesterday and it was enjoyable all the way through. Pretty casual but nicely built and the story kept me entertained and had a number of genuinely fun sequences with the LEAF suit: leaping, running as super speeds, dashing over the water, running up walls, etc. Total game took maybe five hours.

My summer sale haul:

Red Faction Collection (because I wanted that rfg remarstered)

And not related but my board-games-haul-from-money-that-I-had-for-steam-games-but-the-sale-didn't-convince-me:

Carcassonne

Sushi Go Party!

Coup

Cockroach Poker Royal

My summer sale haul:

And not related but my board-games-haul-from-money-that-I-had-for-steam-games-but-the-sale-didn't-convince-me:

Carcassonne

Sushi Go Party!

Coup

Cockroach Poker Royal
Boardgames take up physical space that games on Steam don't.

But Red Faction is a good pickup.

My summer sale haul:

Prince of Persia

Call of Juarez

Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood

Double Dragon IV

Firewatch

Medal of Honor: Airborne

Assassin's Creed: Rogue

I did the $30 of steam credit for $25 paypal thing and spent around $25 so I did pretty good.  Almost started Firewatch but then figured it would be smart to wait for the monthly reveals since it seems like a monthly sort of game.  I guess the discovery queue served its purpose as that is what prompted me to pickup Medal of Honor for $2.50.

This was probably my thinnest Steam sale haul of the last few years.

Steam:

Into the Breach

Fanatical 24 Hour Deal:

The Longest Journey Bundle

Been waiting to grab the bundle forever and that seemed about as cheap as it will go for a while. Paid for half of into the breach with the summer sale cards, so that's something, I guess.

I hid my wallet this year for the Summer Sale. That aside, I almost bought Pathfinders but I read there were or are a lot of bugs still in the game so I may wait till later in the year or next big sale. I don't know. I have sooooo many other PC and console games but Pathfinders sort of looks intriguing via videos I viewed recently on the game itself. 

Invariably when I skip a monthly the unlocks are good.  That said, given how mediocre the early reveals were I can't imagine the rest is better or they would have led with them.  Hopefully next month's early reveals are decent.

Invariably when I skip a monthly the unlocks are good. That said, given how mediocre the early reveals were I can't imagine the rest is better or they would have led with them. Hopefully next month's early reveals are decent.
I'd still rather pay 4-5 bux for a key for one of the unlocks I want than dump 12 in for a bunch of nothing.

Anybody listen to the Kotaku podcast?  I really want to get Hollow Knight, but probably for the Switch.  The game sounds amazing.  I was bordering on buying it during the Steam sale, but knew I probably wanted it on a different platform.

I think that the namesake is in reference to both Dark Souls and possibly Shovel Knight.  It's a difficult metroidvania with lots of secrets, hard bosses, and great music.

anyhow, I'd def pick that game up for $8.90 on sale right now at the Humble Store.

Also, more important for me, boardgames require physical friends.
Nah. There are plenty of boardgames with solitaire play these days. I'm told some people like that sort of thing. (Seriously, though. I do a number of board game demos, and solitaire mode really is a selling point.)

Welp, the Steam Summer sale discounts didn't move the meter again for me this year. I've been content with continuing to play or start/finish games in my backlog. The only few things I even considered in this sale was DLC... D-L-C!

At the last minute I passed on grabbing the Witcher 3 Expansion Pass, and instead I just picked up some Division outfit packs. 

My 2011 self wouldn't recognize my 2018 self. 

Thanks downward trending Steam sales!!!

My summer sale haul:

Carcassonne

Sushi Go Party!

Coup

Cockroach Poker Royal
cockroach poker is great fun. "trust me, this is a frog"

bread's done
Back