Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
At GMG:

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind [Bethesda Version / NOT the Steam version] shows up for $4.27 (79% off) in the cart there.

This includes ESO TU base-game & Morrowind expansion.
Which might be the version you want. The Steam version has been having authentication issues every once in a while.
Sure, it's only that people can't play for a few hours/a day once every few months, but people just lose their minds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which might be the version you want. The Steam version has been having authentication issues every once in a while.
Sure, it's only that people can't play for a few hours/a day once ever few months, but people just lose their minds.
I already have just the base-game for ESO (barely played), but I might buy this for Morrowind expansion & b/c of that Morrowind nostalgia.

Could always catch Summerset later.

EDIT:

Bought it for Morrowind expansion. $4.27 is certainly cheap enough to catch Morrowind expansion, even w/ owning the ESO TU base-game already.

So Prey is like a stealth game right?  Or is it more like Bioshock?  Basically, I think Dishonored sucks but think Bioshock is awesome.  Are those comparisons relevant?  I dunno, but I am rambling.

Bioshock is a watered down version of System Shock 1 and 2... so you should go play those games.  Bioshock has very little differentiation from most modern/generic FPS games.

I tried to play dishonored and could not get into it, but I suck at and therefore hate stealth games.  I feel like Dishonored lied when they said you could play the game however you want.  You definitely just can't run in there and try to kill everyone. 

I tried to play dishonored and could not get into it, but I suck at and therefore hate stealth games. I feel like Dishonored lied when they said you could play the game however you want. You definitely just can't run in there and try to kill everyone.
I did a high chaos run where I did just that. Murdered all who crossed me, except civilians (unless they crossed me).

Edit: And I hate stealth games, but love the Dishonored franchise.

EDIT:
Bought it for Morrowind expansion. $4.27 is certainly cheap enough to catch Morrowind expansion, even w/ owning the ESO TU base-game already.
Wait, I thought once you owned the base game, you couldn't purchase a package with it and add it to your account just for the expansion without creating a new account. Meaning to keep a single account, you were locked into buying the expansions on whatever platform you were on (Bethesda.net/Steam).

So Prey is like a stealth game right? Or is it more like Bioshock? Basically, I think Dishonored sucks but think Bioshock is awesome. Are those comparisons relevant? I dunno, but I am rambling.
Prey 2017 is more like System Shock and Bioshock, yes. There really isn't a focus on stealth like in Dishonored. You focus more on the weapons/tools you get and the alien abilities you can learn (or choose to not learn since there is actually a reason to play through the game without using them).

I had a blast with the game. I went in with fairly low expectations and it pleasantly surprised me.

I played Deus Ex: MD as a stealth game.  2ez.

why are there no 2ez memes?

EDIT:

I guess there are some gg ez ones.

I tried to play dishonored and could not get into it, but I suck at and therefore hate stealth games. I feel like Dishonored lied when they said you could play the game however you want. You definitely just can't run in there and try to kill everyone.
Just get the packs of mutant death rats to attack everyone in sight.

Happy times!

Prey was my sleeper hit for 2017.  You can play it stealth or play it run 'n gun (once you get some guns) or more likely a combination of the two.  Towards the end there really wasn't anything I couldn't just shotgun/plasma-zap to death or lure into a turret trap so I gave up any pretense of being sneaky.

You have to get far enough in to put your skill points into the murdering, which doesn't take that long

Prey was my sleeper hit for 2017. You can play it stealth or play it run 'n gun (once you get some guns) or more likely a combination of the two. Towards the end there really wasn't anything I couldn't just shotgun/plasma-zap to death or lure into a turret trap so I gave up any pretense of being sneaky.
Is there multiple endings? Basically I don't want to be punished ala Dishonored for being Shooty McShootface.

I have 3 refunds and $30 Amazon GC that I didn't have before in my Amazon account.
And that's without even contacting Amazon CS.

They must be just straight-up doing this to everyone that bought stuff.

SCORE!!! :)
Yeah, they automatically removed and refunded Frostpunk from my account. Guess I should have gotten all the pirated games for more credits!!
You both got $10 for each pirated game? Did you both contact support? My order was auto-refunded without contacting but I didn't get a gift card, and worse, I suspect that this counts as a concession on my account as if I had requested a refund myself.

I read it over twice to make sure I wasn't missing it. But I think I know why I didn't get it: I paid for the game with gift card, whereas everyone who's getting the refund paid with credit/debit card. That's what you used, right?

I read it over twice to make sure I wasn't missing it. But I think I know why I didn't get it: I paid for the game with gift card, whereas everyone who's getting the refund paid with credit/debit card. That's what you used, right?
I paid with gift card too and have not received any credit. Makes sense now I guess, odd distinction to make.

You both got $10 for each pirated game? Did you both contact support? My order was auto-refunded without contacting but I didn't get a gift card, and worse, I suspect that this counts as a concession on my account as if I had requested a refund myself.
Yes, $10 Amazon GC per game.

I also got e-mails for each game from Amazon stating that I was refunded and it should show up in 10 days (from the e-mails) and that they were going to give me Amazon GC $10 (for each incident).

No, I did not contact support.

Wait, I thought once you owned the base game, you couldn't purchase a package with it and add it to your account just for the expansion without creating a new account. Meaning to keep a single account, you were locked into buying the expansions on whatever platform you were on (Bethesda.net/Steam).
So, I will have to look into this and get back to you. Thanks.

EDIT:

I do own TESO: TU base-game from Bethesda.Net; bought that from Gamersgate.

I bought Bethesda.net version for TESO: Morrowind Edition from GMG yesterday (to catch the MW DLC).

Haven't tried to activate the key for Morrowind, so...I'm gonna go mess w/ it now.

EDIT 2:

Activated Morrowind Edition up fine for Bethesda.Net version. Upgraded to new version.

EDIT 3:

When signing into my TESO Account w/ my Level 10 character, I received the Morrowind DLC intro movie. And when running around, it did say on the screen "Morrowind DLC" Added to Quests. In my Quests section, there's a Zone DLC section; Morrowind DLC has been added. Beautiful.

It's all set for whenever I decide to keep playing. Right on.

I paid with gift card too and have not received any credit. Makes sense now I guess, odd distinction to make.
It's not odd. Retailers consider gift cards as "house" money - you're going to spend it with them eventually, so they don't feel the need to make any concessions for any inconvenience caused.

I'm not really bummed about missing the free $10 - just a bit wary since I returned a tablet less than a month ago, and too many refunds in a short period of time will lead to your account being banned. I would guess that each game refunded counts as a mark against you.

Is there multiple endings? Basically I don't want to be punished ala Dishonored for being Shooty McShootface.
There's different endings but meeting active threats with violence won't penalize you. It's more about how much effort you put into side missions and respond to (non-hostile) people you encounter.

It's not odd. Retailers consider gift cards as "house" money - you're going to spend it with them eventually, so they don't feel the need to make any concessions for any inconvenience caused.

I'm not really bummed about missing the free $10 - just a bit wary since I returned a tablet less than a month ago, and too many refunds in a short period of time will lead to your account being banned. I would guess that each game refunded counts as a mark against you.
I think people worry way too much about this stuff. I return stuff all the time, get concessions all the time, been doing it for a decade. Amazon hasn't banned me.

If that happens, tell Amazon to ban me in your place. I'd totally take that ban-hammer for ya! *BROFIST*

Eh, you have people who managed to scam Amazon out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Provided you're not making a habit of returning stuff constantly, you're not going to ping their radar for a couple legitimate returns. They're worried about people who use Amazon for clothing "rental" or mysteriously get damaged electronics constantly and shit like that.

Plus Amazon initiated these "returns" themselves versus having a "customer complained until we gave them free stuff" comment on your account.

That feeling when you skip all the good Prime Day deals because your old PC still works fine, but once the sales end you immediately start getting BSODs out of nowhere:

200.gif

so a little update since the amazon thing. amazon just refunded me $2 for grey goo. i did not contact them at all about any of the games like some others have. i am guessing that amazon is slowly refunding all people regardless of whether or not you ask them.

the interesting thing about grey goo is that it was just a straight up steam code so it wasn't really a scam to begin with. i am guessing the seller just bought keys from g2a or some other site for a dollar and sold them for $2. my steam code worked so no harm no foul.

I have not received a refund for any other game, nor did i ask. the xulima game is weird because it has literally been on sale for $1 on and off for a year and a half according to amazon sales history. i am guessing that was not a scam either but amazon took the game down regardless.

finally, i don't know if this has been mentioned but one finger death punch is FREE atm from fanatical.com/en. however, you have to clear your cache and try a few times to get the right popup ad that then asks you for email.

welp, have a good weekend everyone  :beer:

Apropos of nothing, but one of the first gifts my future wife gave me was a copy of the collector's edition of Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. I was a lucky guy. 

Apropos of nothing, but one of the first gifts my future wife gave me was a copy of the collector's edition of Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. I was a lucky guy.
That's how you know she would be a keeper. On a random note I would leave that game's opening theme on for a while cause it was really good. I was kind of disappointed when Throne of Bhaal replaced it with another alright one.

Finally upgraded my video card and I don't really have anything to run on it yet (though have FFXV and Destiny 2 which I'll try). So many years on an old video card lead to a lot of console purchases for things. Now time to get back to the master race other than poopy indie bundle games haha.

Look at all the stuff I missed being out in the wilderness without cell phone access for a week. Would've bought a Switch for $113.

When did they start rate-limiting login attempts on Steam? My bot farm is dead.

So, I will have to look into this and get back to you. Thanks.

EDIT:

I do own TESO: TU base-game from Bethesda.Net; bought that from Gamersgate.

I bought Bethesda.net version for TESO: Morrowind Edition from GMG yesterday (to catch the MW DLC).

Haven't tried to activate the key for Morrowind, so...I'm gonna go mess w/ it now.

EDIT 2:

Activated Morrowind Edition up fine for Bethesda.Net version. Upgraded to new version.

EDIT 3:

When signing into my TESO Account w/ my Level 10 character, I received the Morrowind DLC intro movie. And when running around, it did say on the screen "Morrowind DLC" Added to Quests. In my Quests section, there's a Zone DLC section; Morrowind DLC has been added. Beautiful.

It's all set for whenever I decide to keep playing. Right on.
That's actually a really good thing. Vivec City is a better starting place than any of the locations from the base game.
Plus, whenever you feel like starting the main quest line you head to the starting city and talk with a person who kills you, sending you to Coldharbor, which starts the main questline.

bread's done
Back