Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
for burnout paradise remastered, as long as you have it on origin you just pay $5 to upgrade it. and i think you get all the dlc. i added burnout to my origin account because it was offered for free on origin years ago. i hope that version counts as me having it in my library.

anyone know if the $5 upgrade is just a pre-order sale or we can upgrade at any time?

update: also noticed battlefield one is $5 on origin right now

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't normally pre-order, but to get Big Surf Island DLC (which never hit the PC) and a visual upgrade for just $5.30 (after tax) at 75% off - yeah, I'm all over Burnout: Paradise Remastered.

Awesome.

I wonder if old saves will work in the new version...

for burnout paradise remastered, as long as you have it on origin you just pay $5 to upgrade it. and i think you get all the dlc. i added burnout to my origin account because it was offered for free on origin years ago. i hope that version counts as me having it in my library.

anyone know if the $5 upgrade is just a pre-order sale or we can upgrade at any time?

update: also noticed battlefield one is $5 on origin right now
Battlefield 1 is awesome. Whether you go Regular or Revolution, get it. SP Campaign is short (around 5-6 hours), but awesome short-stories. The MP is incredible.

DICE's Battlefront 2 is 66% off @ $13.33 also.

Deal Alert for Smart People Only:

Any owners of 570 or 580 or Vega cards can pick up vouchers on ebay for the new set of free games for around $45.  You get Strange Brigade AND Assassin's Creed Odyssey AND Star Control.  But you need a card installed on your system.  No card, no go - so don't waste your money.

This is a reward for the smart people who made the smart choice when purchasing their card.

You get this with any new purchase too and 8GB 580s have been going for as low as $205 on Newegg - so it's a really good deal and the only upgrade option in the budget range at the moment.  Why overpay for a spectre infested, overpriced 1060?  

That's a real super deal AMD is throwing out there for games w/ their cards, geez!

I guess my real question here would be: anyone here have FreeSync monitor w/ a high refresh rate/framerates paired w/ a AMD card supporting it? What kind of high framerates, performance, tearing (if there is any), input lag (if there is any) are you experiencing?

More Turing GPU infos:

https://videocardz.com/newz/palit-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-and-rtx-2080-gamingpro-series-unveiled

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-tu104-gpu-and-geforce-rtx-2080-pcb-exposed

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-2060-5gb-3dmark-score-allegedly-leaks-its-very-fast/

alleged mid-range 2060 to perform at a graphical level similar to an overclocked 1080 card.

RUMORED GeForce 20 series lineup, according to AdoredTV

NVIDIA Titan RTX – $3000 US (50% Faster Than 1080 Ti)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 – $500-$700 US (50% Faster Than 1080)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 7GB GDDR6 – $300-$500 US (40% Faster Than 1070)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2060 5GB GDDR6 – $200-$300 US (27% Faster Than 1060)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2050 4GB GDDR5 – $100-$200 US (50% Faster Than 1050 Ti)

remember, these are rumors and are not yet confirmed. But this time, they look very likely to be the case since pics and info of aftermarket cards have finally leaked today.

Right now, I'm curious how 11GB DDR5 memory compares to 8GB of DDR6 memory for our modern VRAM intensive games.

That's a real super deal AMD is throwing out there for games w/ their cards, geez!

I guess my real question here would be: anyone here have FreeSync monitor w/ a high refresh rate/framerates paired w/ a AMD card supporting it? What kind of high framerates, performance, tearing (if there is any), input lag (if there is any) are you experiencing?
I don't have one, but that will likely be my next purchase. What I do know is that Freesync monitors are a lot cheaper than Gsync.

More Turing GPU infos:

https://videocardz.com/newz/palit-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-and-rtx-2080-gamingpro-series-unveiled

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-tu104-gpu-and-geforce-rtx-2080-pcb-exposed

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-2060-5gb-3dmark-score-allegedly-leaks-its-very-fast/

alleged mid-range 2060 to perform at a graphical level similar to an overclocked 1080 card.

RUMORED GeForce 20 series lineup, according to AdoredTV

NVIDIA Titan RTX – $3000 US (50% Faster Than 1080 Ti)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 – $500-$700 US (50% Faster Than 1080)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 7GB GDDR6 – $300-$500 US (40% Faster Than 1070)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2060 5GB GDDR6 – $200-$300 US (27% Faster Than 1060)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2050 4GB GDDR5 – $100-$200 US (50% Faster Than 1050 Ti)
remember, these are rumors and are not yet confirmed. But this time, they look very likely to be the case since pics and info of aftermarket cards have finally leaked today.

So an overclocked 1080 is only 27% faster than a 1060? I thought the difference was bigger. What's with the funky RAM configurations?

It's not going to be $300 for the 2070, it will start on the higher end of those suggestions. It's going to be on the high end of all of those estimates until they start going on sale.  the 1060 never got cheaper than 260-300 really, at retail.   Think ~$300 for the 2060 debut, and ~$450-500 for the 2070 debut.  Just like it was with the previous series.  

That's where we're at, at this point of speculative planning anyways. 

I can't even see the 2050 at $100-200, unless it's because it's still using GDDR5. I feel like we're still far away from utilizing the crazy bandwidth on GDDR6 (768GB/s) unless you have a 1TB SSD with 8K textures on it and buy a Volta as soon as it's released. If those end up being launch prices, then there's no reason not to buy one.

Deal Alert for Smart People Only:

Any owners of 570 or 580 or Vega cards can pick up vouchers on ebay for the new set of free games for around $45. You get Strange Brigade AND Assassin's Creed Odyssey AND Star Control. But you need a card installed on your system. No card, no go - so don't waste your money.

This is a reward for the smart people who made the smart choice when purchasing their card.

You get this with any new purchase too and 8GB 580s have been going for as low as $205 on Newegg - so it's a really good deal and the only upgrade option in the budget range at the moment. Why overpay for a spectre infested, overpriced 1060?
What if you're slightly less smart and have a Vega - should work for that as well, no?

I don't have one, but that will likely be my next purchase. What I do know is that Freesync monitors are a lot cheaper than Gsync.
G-Sync spoiled me w/ high framerates; smooth framerates; great syncing; no input lag; and no tearing - so I really would be curious to hear if anyone that has AMD cards finds a great FreeSync monitor.

If you do get a FreeSync monitor, I would love to hear what you think of it; especially if you get a really good one. :)

Yesh, FreeSync is AMD's and they don't get royalties. They're doing it to better gaming, in general, so that anyone can use it & implement it - just, you know, NVidia doesn't want to use it...since they're trying to be rockstars, elitist, and kick AMD in head w/ their own special G-Sync exclusive/propriety sync method so they can make $$$.

NVidia with G-Sync: they make royalties from it and also put a special NVidia-made module that helps the GPU and monitor work together to get rid of all those annoyances from other Syncing methods (Adaptive Sync, FastSync, V-Sync, etc).

More info on the 2 methods of FreeSync and G-Sync here, if you and/or anyone else is interested:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-g-sync-or-amd-freesync-pick-a-side-and-stick-with-it/

EDIT:

Yes, Vegas will work as well.
tumblr_mz41qxkyYB1riwt83o1_500.gif

Maybe if you add $200 to those prices they would seem right. Also don't get the 5 and 7 GB splits.  That's just odd. I fully expect to pay at least $350 for a 2060.

I don't normally pre-order, but to get Big Surf Island DLC (which never hit the PC) and a visual upgrade for just $5.30 (after tax) at 75% off - yeah, I'm all over Burnout: Paradise Remastered.

Awesome.

I wonder if old saves will work in the new version...
same here. i owned the game and surf island dlc on ps3 last gen, but didn't put much time into the origin version. will be fun going back to it with all the dlc :razz:

Other than butchering your ancestors' friends and family, stealing their possessions and livestock, and taking their land, what have the Norwegians ever done to you, eh?
Well, based on 23 and Me and Ancestry DNA tests my siblings have taken, they didn't butcher all of my ancestors' family...

what are some good dlc for black flag?  i got the game free a while ago from an ubisoft free weekend and am just now getting around to play it.  I guess I could just wait for a sale and get the season pass, right now the season pass is 8$.  I don't feel bad paying that

what are some good dlc for black flag? i got the game free a while ago from an ubisoft free weekend and am just now getting around to play it. I guess I could just wait for a sale and get the season pass, right now the season pass is 8$. I don't feel bad paying that
Freedom Cry is really good.

Archi screwed with ASF again. SteamMasterClanID doesn't work for me anymore, so I removed it from all of my bots. Now it says "invalid password" for all of my bots, so he obviously did something to that too. Everything worked fine until a few weeks ago.

He can script it to make all of your bots auto-join his group, but he won't migrate old settings to new settings unless you buy a Patreon sub. And he changes shit in his code to force you to buy the sub. Then there's the question of whether or not he's coin mining with your computers while idle. I didn't think the guy could be any more of a douchebag, but this impresses me greatly. Someone want to release a good version of ASF?

alleged new 20xx series Turing card comparisons to their 10-series counterparts

http://cresponia.com/leaked-list-of-nvidia-volta-turning-cards-coming-this-year/

nVidia RTX-2080-Ti
GT104 (Cut down to 352-Bit)
Release: August 31-September 7th.
Will provide +20% performance of GTX-Titan-Xp
Price is said to be $899-$1199.99
11GB/22GB GDDR6 Memory

nVidia RTX-2080
GT104 (Cut down to 256-Bit)
Release: August 31-September 7th
Will provide +30% performance of the GTX-1080-Ti.
Price is said to be $699-$849.99
8GB/16GB GDDR6 Memory

nVidia RTX-2070
GT106
Release: October 19th-November 9th
Will provide -5% performance of the GTX1080-Ti
Price is said to be $499-$649.99
7GB/14GB GDDR6 Memory

nVidia RTX/GTX-2060
GT107
Release: December 1st-December 7th
Will provide GTX-1080 performance
Price is said to be $299-$399.99
6GB/12GB GDDR6 Memory

nVidia RTX/GTX-2050
GT108
Will provide -10% performance of the GTX1070
Price is said to be $199-$269.99
5GB/10GB GDDR5 Memory
It looks like the sweet spots are still buying a new 1080 Ti for $500, or a 1080 for $300. Unless this ray tracing technology does tangibly more, or until the 2070 14gb approaches $500 pricing (its starting around $650), or the 2060 12gb approaches $300 pricing ($400).

Anyways, those are the prices for which you should probably be waiting to strike, if you are in the mood for a new (old 10-series) card.

I'm not sure how say 7 to 8gb of GDDR6 compares to 11gb of GDDR5 on the 1080 Ti, or if its actually worth it to buy the brand new 20-series equivalent with less vRAM. I think this is the important thing that everyone is wondering.

I always get excited for new gpus until I realize I don't play many new release games.  Cyberpunk is the only new release that would make me want to upgrade my rig and who knows when that will come out.  The last four games I've played on pc certainly aren't boundary pushers:

Human Fall Flat - 2016

Sniper Elite v2 - 2012

Fallout 3 GOTY - 2009

Red Faction - 2001

Archi screwed with ASF again. SteamMasterClanID doesn't work for me anymore, so I removed it from all of my bots. Now it says "invalid password" for all of my bots, so he obviously did something to that too. Everything worked fine until a few weeks ago.
He's screwed with something in general in how the bots quit/start. I run ASF on my steamOS box in the living room, and have it set to run every 30min. From the logs it will be going just fine, every 30min start, check, quit, but then out of nowhere it goes in to this loop of trying to login every 5sec over and over for hours

alleged new 20xx series Turing card comparisons to their 10-series counterparts
http://cresponia.com/leaked-list-of-nvidia-volta-turning-cards-coming-this-year/

It looks like the sweet spots are still buying a new 1080 Ti for $500, or a 1080 for $300. Unless this ray tracing technology does tangibly more, or until the 2070 14gb approaches $500 pricing (its starting around $650), or the 2060 12gb approaches $300 pricing ($400).

Anyways, those are the prices for which you should probably be waiting to strike, if you are in the mood for a new (old 10-series) card.

I'm not sure how say 7 to 8gb of GDDR6 compares to 11gb of GDDR5 on the 1080 Ti, or if its actually worth it to buy the brand new 20-series equivalent with less vRAM. I think this is the important thing that everyone is wondering.
Thanks, MysterD!

Only thing I know is 12GB of VRAM is complete and total overkill for 2018-2020 unless you're playing some XXXXtreme VR 50,000k resolution setup at 120 fps.

I don't know how i missed this but orwell was free on humblebundle. i always check humble at least once a week to see if they have a free game. if anyone has an extra key, i'd really appreciate it. the free deal ended a few hours ago :dunce: :joystick:

if you don't that's all right. it was my fault

update: the end hooked me up. it's all good.

Just so people know. All games that are given away on Humble, are eventually given away on Steam itself. It's in steam's rules for devs/publishers.

So if you miss a game, you will eventually get a second shot at it.

Only thing I know is 12GB of VRAM is complete and total overkill for 2018-2020 unless you're playing some XXXXtreme VR 50,000k resolution setup at 120 fps.
Skyrim. 4k booby mods!

I don't see the new RTX/ray tracing stuff to be compelling as nothing will use it well for likely 1-3 years. Same old deal with gpu's being ready for the newest Direct-X version, that few games are using and won't be for awhile. That or you'll have game devs or nvidia and amd screwing up somewhere with it as they work out the bugs or never fix the bugs until new video cards come out.

A 1080ti for $500 or less should be a decent upgrade from my 970 for 1080p at 144hz for another 3+ years.

Just so people know. All games that are given away on Humble, are eventually given away on Steam itself. It's in steam's rules for devs/publishers.

I'm not sure if all of them have been in practise, but a lot of the recent ones definitely have been.

Or in the case of Insurgency, a twentieth shot at it.

I find it kind-of funny that Stardock is touting the fact that they have Adam Baldwin doing voice work for the new Star Control game. Isn't that a bit like James Cameron saying, "Hey, I'm making a new Alien movie, and I got Sigourney Weaver's hairstylist to play Ripley in it"?

I find it kind-of funny that Stardock is touting the fact that they have Adam Baldwin doing voice work for the new Star Control game. Isn't that a bit like James Cameron saying, "Hey, I'm making a new Alien movie, and I got Sigourney Weaver's hairstylist to play Ripley in it"?
Not sure funny is the word I'd use. It's a pretty clear dog whistle.

Regardless of that taint-licking, ass snorting, chode eating douchebag's politics, he's actually a decent actor. However...

Not sure funny is the word I'd use. It's a pretty clear dog whistle.
This is very clearly an attempt by them to attract some of that gerblegerper money.

It's poison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ru8DMW-grY

Edit: Sorry, forgot to emphasize how much of a garbage human Adam Baldwin is.

bread's done
Back