Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Final Fantasy XV News:

Kotaku - 3 of the 4 of those next wave of DLC's that were planned just got cancelled:
https://kotaku.com/75-of-final-fantasy-xvs-dlc-just-got-cancelled-1830300475

Ardyn's DLC is the only one that will be coming now.
The Aranea, Luna and Noctis DLC's all have been cancelled.

IGN - Game Director Hajime Tabata has also left Square Enix:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/08/final-fantasy-xv-director-leaving-square-enix
[video]https://youtu.be/bcYppAs6ZdI[/video]

Are you me?

Am I your wife now?

My 10 month old still gets up twice at night and man it's rough.
Now I'm imagining a sitcom starring three guys, all of whom somehow are the fathers of one baby, and who are surprised ten months into their parenthood to learn they've been living under the same roof.

Get the guys behind Big Bang on this shit and the American public will probably make it last at least four or five seasons.

Found the culprit, pizza games and Remute's baby-makin music!

gYsLz29.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Friendly reminder and self-promotion.

Our pub sale on Steam ends tomorrow. Highlights include:

Observer @ 50% off

KOTOR 1 & 2 @ $3.49 a piece

Borderlands 2 4-Pack @ 75% (and most of the DLC on sale too)

Civilization VI @ 67% off

Mafia 3 @ 67% off

I have a 10 month old who refuses to sleep through the night. Headsets are kind of a necessity.
i interpreted that as "i wear the headphones so i don't have to hear my kid crying while i game. eventually the kid tires out from crying and passes out." and i was like...

MY MAN!!!

Hey guys, just a heads-up on this. I didn't check the GOG thread, but I didn't see it mentioned here. Apparently GOG is giving away its video of the live full-orchestra rendition of the WItcher 3 soundtrack. I almost bought this thing a few times at $10, and I happened to see this when I was, ironically, checking GOG for other game soundtrack information. If you've played the game, you know how good the music is, so grab it while it's free (all weekend). 

ITAD (IsThereAnyDeal) says BS:I has been $5.09 before on GreenManGaming:

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/bioshockinfinite/info/

It's been cheaper elsewhere.

EDIT:

Regardless, BS:I is a masterpiece and is worth every penny, IMHO. Great game, story, characters, and twists at the very end (of the base-game).

Gamers also should want the DLC's from The Season Pass, especially if they are fans of the OG Bioshock 1 (for its setting) and Thief series (Burial At Sea Episode 2 feels more like Bioshock meets Thief with its gameplay/stealth style).

Y U NO $1 BIOSHOCK INFANITE FROM GOLDEN JOYSTIKS?!?!

EDIT:
That also came with $1 in GMG credit so it was almost like it was free.

Huh. How does the gameplay and physics compare to FX2 or FX3?
These ones are very old-fashioned but they also have remake tables that are more like FX2/3. On the default physics the ball is kind of light and floaty, you can adjust it but it puts you in a separate leaderboard.

I feel like a bit of a sucker because Thronebreaker turned up on Steam today. On the one hand, I've only played it for less than an hour after buying it on GOG, but like most people here (with some wacky exceptions), I prefer having my catalog on Steam. I understood from CD Projekt RED's marketing that the game was going to be a GOG-exclusive on PC. In retrospect, that would probably be a dumb idea, because a lot of people flat-out won't buy a game that's not on Steam. Hm. First-world problems, I guess. 

So what's in the BO3 Digital Deluxe?

I'm guessing BO3 Base & Season Pass?

Anything else in there?
Basically just that..

"The Call of Duty: Black Ops III Digital Deluxe Edition includes the full base game, Season Pass, 3 Personalization Packs & The Giant Bonus Map. Get the fan favorite Cyborg & Weaponized 115 packs along with a new Black Ops 3 pack. Each pack comes with a weapon camo, reticles, and calling card. Re-live the chaos of Treyarch's classic "Der Riese" Zombies map with The Giant Bonus Map, picking up the Zombies story with Dempsey, Nikolai, Richtofen, and Takeo where Origins left off. "

That seems extremely cheap considering how Activision doesn't seem to discount the CoD DLC very often (or not by a lot when they do.)
It's missing Zombie Chronicles, one of the main reasons I'd want BO3.. so it'll be a pass for me. If it was the Zombies Chronicles Deluxe Edition I'd be all over it.

I already have the BO3 Base-Game.

Anything worthwhile SP or MP content in the Season Pass and/or any other DLC's?

Is the MP still popular for BO3 these days?

Is the MP still popular for BO3 these days?
still 2k playing, and thats fairly early too, id wager ~4-5k at peak. However this is cod PC, barely anyone plays the SP maps. I own the SP for blops3 and it was always tough to find a match with those maps. So at this point I wouldnt say it was worth it unless you want it for the zombies (which as pointed out you ony get the new zombie maps, not the 8 remastered ones from chronicles)

My G600 (Wired) arrived today. Ordered this as my extra/spare G600 the other day, since I do love this mouse. Amazon price-matched and I had Amazon GC - so, why the heck not? Nice to have another one of those around.

Regarding inXile, I thought Wastelands 2 turned out okay once after several patches and basically what ended up being the Director's cut.  Their iteration of Torment was mixed and their current release, Bard's Tale 4 has mixed reviews with comments that lead me to believe that the game did not have enough polish.  If anyone watch the videos for the kickstarters, Brian Fargo mocked the current state of the industry.  Thus, I find it a little humorous that they sold out.  I actually am hoping for a good Wastelands 3.

Obsidian, at least for me, puts out better polished games than InXile. 

My guess is Microsoft is acquiring studios, in part, to combat the library of exclusives that Sony has.  From my perspective, Sony won the console round with PS2, lost with PS3 due to Microsoft having better hardware and Microsoft having better relations with publishers i.e. exclusives, but Sony won again with PS4 despite Microsoft having the more capable/stronger spec hardware XBOX X vs Pro.

Welp. I did my part and bought 3.

But yeah that's a very telling statistic. There is only so much room in the world for new release CRPGs. People play like one, and then take a break. Plus you've got Divinity 2 stealing the limelight with better review scores as the definitive game that everyone is going to buy first.

Welp. I did my part and bought 3.

But yeah that's a very telling statistic. There is only so much room in the world for new release CRPGs. People play like one, and then take a break. Plus you've got Divinity 2 stealing the limelight with better review scores as the definitive game that everyone is going to buy first.
It did not help that Pillars had a season pass and that the DLCs were not well received, especially compared to White March. Larian did a great job and made Divinity 2 better than the prior game and did not dabble with a season pass. Having said that, both games should be played if you are a fan of the genre.

bread's done
Back