Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Always buy a i7 K chip. You will get your money's worth and then some.

Still using my 3770k with a 1080ti and have no reason to upgrade as Gaming at 1440p has minor bottleneck issues and at 4k there is hardly any difference between my chip and a 8700k.

I didn't post it because its PS4 news but Fallout 76 first patch is 47 GB.

Like WTF is Bethesda doing?
2n15y6.jpg

So if the Fanatical and Humble BF sales are in line with what Steam is going to do, this is going to be even worse than normal. Prices during the two BF sales at those sites are higher than they were in the sales just a few weeks ago around Halloween. Since all these sales usually match up pretty closely, not expecting much from Steam at all. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So if the Fanatical and Humble BF sales are in line with what Steam is going to do, this is going to be even worse than normal. Prices during the two BF sales at those sites are higher than they were in the sales just a few weeks ago around Halloween. Since all these sales usually match up pretty closely, not expecting much from Steam at all.
I've found some stuff on Fanatical that was cheaper. Like Mist Survival - got that for 20% off plus an additional 10% off using code BlackFriday10 and then they sent me a coupon for 15% off one game after my purchase.

I sure hope Bethesda learns its lesson from all this nerd rage.  We don't want them to try anything new or different.  We just want the same game in a slightly different environment.  

Or better yet, they go out of business and then I have to endure a lifetime of "I WISH MORE GAMES LIKE FALLOUT AND SKYRIM WERE MADE, I MISS THOSE."

I sure hope Bethesda learns its lesson from all this nerd rage. We don't want them to try anything new or different. We just want the same game in a slightly different environment.
Isn't that the issue with Fallout 76? That is is essentially fallout 4 with some multiplayer in a much less immersive environment?

I sure hope Bethesda learns its lesson from all this nerd rage. We don't want them to try anything new or different. We just want the same game in a slightly different environment.

Or better yet, they go out of business and then I have to endure a lifetime of "I WISH MORE GAMES LIKE FALLOUT AND SKYRIM WERE MADE, I MISS THOSE."
What is your argument here, exactly? That if Bethesda changes something, we should enjoy it no matter how bad it is? Nobody was asking them to take the plot out of Fallout and put out another entry in the series on the same engine they've been using for decades. Most people were asking for the exact opposite of that - Fix your engine, tell us more stories in this universe.

Just because they made a change to their formula doesn't mean it's a good change that we should be encouraging. It wouldn't have saved Telltale if they released a game in their engine with no story, just online-only head-to head quick time events against real other players. It's different, but it's got all the same problems as all their other games, it takes out the one part people like about their games, and it forces in an online component that adds almost no enjoyment to the game compared to how things were before.

Valve has discontinued its Steam Link hardware, the device which lets you stream PC games onto your TV.

European stock of the gadget has already sold out, Valve said last night, with US supply "almost" gone too. No more will be made.
"The good news is, we still have plenty of these Steam Boxes if anyone wants 'em"

Adding to the K chips, they're theoretically the hardier silicon, and will more likely last longer than the non-K/i5 chips. Not that I've actually ever had a CPU go bad.

Fallout76 is evidence of that they are completely out of touch with what kind of game their players want.  So much so, that it's actually quite disturbing that they thought this would be a good idea.  I mean who'd have thought that people play RPGs for the RPG components right?  The project management clearly weren't able to take a step back and assess the situation.  It's like they think that Fallout is an FPS where people really enjoy reading mountains of text or something. 

It's like they used the Activision bass-ackwards model of game design.  "How can we design a game that has online multiplayer and can also facilitate a large amount of microtransactions and DLC?  We can use the Fallout brand to push sales btw."

So I have a coupon in my Steam inventory that expires tomorrow at 12:00 PM (Valid until 11/21/2018, 12:00:00 PM)

What I need to know is whether this is PST or local time zone for me.  I feel like coupons used to specify that they were PST, but none of the ones I currently have list a time zone and Google ain't helping today.

Anyone know for sure?  Because the fall sale is set to start tomorrow at 10:00 PST and if so, I can stack with discounts on the game.  If not, I think I'll bite anyway as it's a good discount...

Thanks!

So I have a coupon in my Steam inventory that expires tomorrow at 12:00 PM (Valid until 11/21/2018, 12:00:00 PM)

What I need to know is whether this is PST or local time zone for me. I feel like coupons used to specify that they were PST, but none of the ones I currently have list a time zone and Google ain't helping today.

Anyone know for sure? Because the fall sale is set to start tomorrow at 10:00 PST and if so, I can stack with discounts on the game. If not, I think I'll bite anyway as it's a good discount...

Thanks!
I assume it's steam but who knows. Join one of those coupon groups and ask.

I assume it's steam but who knows. Join one of those coupon groups and ask.
I'm looking at this now. Wondering if someone not in US EST looked at my inventory, whether the time would be the same or if it would display their local time.

Shows as $220 for me but good enough. Did the price shoot up $20 in 40 minutes?
Yeah, it showed $199.99 when I clicked. Maybe check if Newegg has it for cheaper after rebate?

Newegg has it for $210

Edit:

Slickdeals is claiming the Amazon deal doesn't come with games so best get it at Newegg.

I'll probably just wait until BF itself. It doesn't look like that $220 price is going higher or that they're running low on stock. It's odd because in the comparison chart at the bottom it shows as $200. Probably a glitch.

Yeah there are a bunch of 580's that have been hovering around that for the last few days. I had just heard the Sapphire Nitro was one of the better ones.

FWIW, the Sapphire from Amazon absolutely comes with the free games. You'll find it under "Special Offers and Product Promotions".

Also, I also see that it shot up to $220, but I had it in my cart when it was $200 and it's still in there at that price. Thinking about it after I decided to return my 1070 (long story short: EVGA fans aren't as great as I was led to believe).

EDIT: Oh, and there was just a refurb Zotac 1070 for ~$200 after tax/shipping that just went OOS. I'd never get refurbed w/ a 90-day warranty, but great deal for the adventurous cheap ass.

Do we even need another online-only/MMO-style/survival/shooter game? Ain't there enough of those on the market?

I don't think Bethesda's fans here asked for an online-only FPS/ARPG, TBH. I really don't get this trend to stick every new title into the always-online category to play with friends/strangers - you know, like the Destiny series, Diablo 3 on PC (especially when previous entries of Diablo had offline support), etc etc.

I know they are doing it for the DRM purposes to try to do a better job at preventing piracy and to get everybody playing "together" - but did anyone really ask for this in a Fallout game?

This might've been a better idea if we had the choice to play the FO76 game either offline or online - you know, like they did in the old days with games like Diablo 2; Hellgate: London; and even Borderlands 1 & 2. At least the issues of losing your connection and saves wouldn't be much of an issue b/c...well, you can play it offline and not worry about the online non-sense!

I also don't think Bethesda's fans asked for them to take out NPC's and the choice stuff - you know, one of the bread and butters of what actually made a Fallout game an actual Fallout game since the very first Fallout 1.

I don't think FO4 has the best FPS/combat either. Sure, it improved - but a lot of games are much better at it than FO games are. Combat was never Bethesda's strong suit, so to center a game like FO76 around it and leave out the RPG stuff - yeah, I don't think anyone asked for that or was looking for that.

FO4 (base-game) already made the decision-making stuff take a backseat to the action and exploration (for a good deal of the base game, at least; even though Far Harbor fixed a fair deal of this in that DLC's portion of the game) - so going further into this action direction with FO76 seems like a mistake; a very big mistake. It's not like Bethesda ever made their combat amazing like say the Battlefield series or the open-world Far Cry series.

Fallout 3, FO: NV, and even FO4 worked not b/c of the combat alone. No, that was just one element out of many that made the game work. The exploration, the tons of crazy quests/short stories, some of the characters, the explorations, the choices, the modding scene - these are all of what makes a modern Fallout game really work. FO games work from the sum of all of its parts, not just combat and exploration. Take something out of a game's franchise...and it's gonna feel missing in the sequel/spin-off; and that sounds like the case w/ FO76.

If I really want an open-world FPS, you know, I'd go grab an open-world game or series that's actually damn good w/ the shooting elements like Far Cry series; and/or even the STALKER series. Hell, even Homefront: The Revolution sounds like a better choice than FO76.

And then, we also have the issue w/ Creation Engine. I don't know if it stems back from GameByro days, but if possible - they need to at least fix the physics...and stop tying it to 30fps/60fps. Get it also working at higher FPS's like 90fps; at least try, for crying out loud. Creation Engine is dated and Bethesda needs to, if possible, fix a lot of the issues that have been holding that dated engine back for years.

Not a lot of work went into Fallout 76 so I doubt it delayed Fallout 5. Bethesda just saw a chance to grab some cash but it has backfired tremendously. Guessing they didn't want to farm out a Fallout: New Orleans or Chicago or whatever to another studio a la New Vegas.

I was going to get the $200 580, but since it's $220 now, I guess I'll wait because I could've had it at $200.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKhyj5Szmks

One guess it that the $200 price was a glitch revealing what it might possibly be dropped to during a short window on Black Friday so stay tuned... maybe.

Not a lot of work went into Fallout 76 so I doubt it delayed Fallout 5. Bethesda just saw a chance to grab some cash but it has backfired tremendously. Guessing they didn't want to farm out a Fallout: New Orleans or Chicago or whatever to another studio a la New Vegas.
Bethesda probably don't want another studio like Obsidian to take their framework/foundation (i.e. The Creation Engine), put in way more RPG stuff, offer up often more choices per quest, do a better job at narrative/storytelling/dialogue/character development, etc etc - and out-shine them almost in every way.

Bethesda does huge offline open-world games (normally and usually) better than anyone else. They took the stuff that made online MMO's so attractive (i.e. the ridiculous size and scope, with so much to do) - and basically made an offline game of this style. This is what makes Bethesda games special; I don't have to deal w/ the online bullcrap basically, all while having a game w/ so much size, scope, and whatnot that I'm bound to get 100 hours out of it at least easy.

Throw in some modding tools here, you then got even more magic w/ Bethesda games - based on what the community does for new content, Inventory revamps, and whatever else they decide to do w/ it.

Putting a Bethesda game online - yeah, you're already killing (probably) 2 of the things that make their games special: the offline factor and mods.

So, w/ the way this is going so far for Bethesda...how long until Fallout 76 winds up in a Humble Bundle (weekly or monthly)?

A month or 2?

bread's done
Back