Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
At least a CD and DVD can work offline, as long as you have the disc. As nice as services like Spotify and Netflix are - that still requires you to be online to utilize.
I got rid of all my CDs, DVDs and old PC game boxes after moving a couple of times. fuck carrying them from house to house just to leave them in the box in a corner or put them on a shelf where they'll sit unnoticed until the next time I move. It's not like I'm going to miss the ability to install Nox from the CD-ROM.

Also, you can download whatever you want on Spotify to work in offline mode. And before you start your 3 paragraph long response, yes, I know you have to be online first and it's "not truly offline" or whatever. I don't have the time or patience to fuck around with downloading, organizing and syncing mp3s anymore. Spotify works fine and it's on my phone, which means one less device to carry around.

EDIT: The Donald beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got rid of all my CDs, DVDs and old PC game boxes after moving a couple of times. fuck carrying them from house to house just to leave them in the box in a corner or put them on a shelf where they'll sit unnoticed until the next time I move. It's not like I'm going to miss the ability to install Nox from the CD-ROM.

Also, you can download whatever you want on Spotify to work in offline mode. And before you start your 3 paragraph long response, yes, I know you have to be online first and it's "not truly offline" or whatever. I don't have the time or patience to fuck around with downloading, organizing and syncing mp3s anymore. Spotify works fine and it's on my phone, which means one less device to carry around.

EDIT: The Donald beat me to it.
I ripped all of my CDs and DVDs and uploaded them all to my NAS, which I can then stream to any device in my house.
Spotify and Netflix doesn't allow that. I have all of my archival backups, and I can take those DVDs and CDs and leave them tucked away in their storage boxes in the basement.

Sure, if you love the music and movies produced primarily by major studies and major labels, you'll probably never have a problem with just having Spotify and Netflix. But if you enjoy genres that tend to be more niche? You're probably not going to immediately find the things you want to watch.

Say for instance you want to watch sketch comedy. Sure, you'll probably find Mad TV, current SNL and maybe Monty Pythons Flying Circus.
But SCTV? Kids in the Hall? Upright Citizen's Brigade? A Bit of Fry and Laurie? Old SNL, not chopped up in to "Best of" clip shows?
It's just not really there, so you're either buying it from Amazon at 1.99 an episode or you're pirating it.

Maybe it makes me a little bit of a neo-luddite, but I like being able to actually have archival copies of things I care about. If I find something I really like, that I'm able to have a copy of it whenever I feel like returning to it.

Digital vs Physical yadda yadda aside, nothing about Epic is anything like the shift to Spotify/Netflix.  It's just another Steam/Uplay/Origin/Battle.net/Rockstar/Capsule/GOG/Twitch/Impulse/etc launcher.

I would never bother doing any of that. Backing everything up, spending hundreds of dollars on NAS drives and attempting to get the networking set up for it, and the physical copies are STILL in the house taking up space? No, thank you. All I can think is how much time that would take, and I don't care enough about Kids in the Hall or episodes of SNL from 1987 to bother. Best of compilations on youtube are fine by me.

(Not knocking your process, sounds like you got it down to a science, good on you).

Nox shouldn't be that much of an issue, as that's also on GOG if you actually need (to buy) a DRM-Free copy to grab from their cloud...and not take up physical shelf space.

If you're going to do the physical back-up: you can always back that one's game-installers and/or game-folder on CD, DVD, HDD, or something if you need to back-it-up and be offline - especially since that one shouldn't eat up tons of HDD space or disc space.

Hey guys, now that all the DRAMA is over for now, let's do a good old fashioned key drop. Now mind you, these are STEAM KEYS. these aren't EPIC LAUNCHER keys. I'm not opposed to buying EPIC keys, but so far there are no EPIC keys being offered in bundles and whatnot. Maybe in the future bundles will offer EPIC keys instead of STEAM keys...

Action Henk - FG2M5-4K5JQ-KFFA8

ARCADE GAME SERIES: PAC-MAN - 0DM0G-LH3L8-LEB29

Back to Bed - L833W-ZR74R-AJTEF

Ballistick - 6MP3A-MJP80-4WRWV

The Bard's Tale - 26HMV-CA29C-BP555

Bastion - 8MWCZ-NVY67-AJ4WD

Beat Hazard Ultra - 6PE4J-N7TPT-NQTG5
Bejeweled™ 3 - LGG4H-CVX06-MR2LW
Betrayer - 6G0DW-X72IZ-CRW6P

I'm happy for those developers who feel Epic's new launcher is good for their business...  and I hope it is but I couldn't even been temped to give a damn with a free copy of a game I wanted.  (Granted, I did have a copy on my 360.)  But I hope they have an out in their contract if they don't meet some sort of sales expectation as while you can be lost in the snuffle on Steam you likely still have more eyes overall seeing it. 

I would hate for one of these companies to fail because they signed an exclusive deal that did them in...  (I honestly mean this.)

Myself, I doubt Epic is going out of business anytime soon... but I don't know how long they plug along with a store front not making them enough money, etc.  I don't know what happens if it fails.  Our these publishers going to give me a free steam key if it does happen?  (And really you can swap Epic for any name you want.  Its about them...  I just don't trust a lot of companies.) 

Hey guys, now that all the DRAMA is over for now, let's do a good old fashioned key drop. Now mind you, these are STEAM KEYS. these aren't EPIC LAUNCHER keys. I'm not opposed to buying EPIC keys, but so far there are no EPIC keys being offered in bundles and whatnot. Maybe in the future bundles will offer EPIC keys instead of STEAM keys...

Action Henk - FG2M5-4K5JQ-KFFA8

ARCADE GAME SERIES: PAC-MAN - 0DM0G-LH3L8-LEB29

Back to Bed - L833W-ZR74R-AJTEF

Ballistick - 6MP3A-MJP80-4WRWV

The Bard's Tale - 26HMV-CA29C-BP555

Bastion - 8MWCZ-NVY67-AJ4WD

Beat Hazard Ultra - 6PE4J-N7TPT-NQTG5
Bejeweled™ 3 - LGG4H-CVX06-MR2LW
Betrayer - 6G0DW-X72IZ-CRW6P
Dammit. I was really hoping for some Bethesda Launcher Keys...

I'm happy for those developers who feel Epic's new launcher is good for their business... and I hope it is but I couldn't even been temped to give a damn with a free copy of a game I wanted. (Granted, I did have a copy on my 360.) But I hope they have an out in their contract if they don't meet some sort of sales expectation as while you can be lost in the snuffle on Steam you likely still have more eyes overall seeing it.

I would hate for one of these companies to fail because they signed an exclusive deal that did them in... (I honestly mean this.)

Myself, I doubt Epic is going out of business anytime soon... but I don't know how long they plug along with a store front not making them enough money, etc. I don't know what happens if it fails. Our these publishers going to give me a free steam key if it does happen? (And really you can swap Epic for any name you want. Its about them... I just don't trust a lot of companies.)
Fortnite is making them (Epic) a killing. I doubt that well's gonna dry up anytime soon. That game with its MTX's prints $ left and right. I don't think they're worried about losing money on this Epic Game Store/Launcher either.

About games on Epic Launcher - they already said their launcher itself has NO DRM and its up to the Dev's/Pub's to use whatever DRM they want (if they want); so, it seems like that stuff's really going to fall into the hands of dev's/pub's.

Only thing I'd really worry about w/ Epic's Games is if you'll still get updates, if Epic's game-client fails. As long as Fortnite is printing money like its water still - eh, I don't think they'll fail.

If anything, at the least - I think Epic's Store will just be another service making a dent into Steam's cash-flow, as Steam keeps owning the market. And that's even if Steam decides to give dev's/pub's a better cut - they (Valve/Steam) probably won't lose the lead they have in the digital market.

The kind of people who play 'Fork Knife' are probably not the kind of people who would play RG: Outlaw.
Maybe they won't play it, but they may still buy it.

See, I like steam. I also like blizzard, ubi (for their games, I can get them cheaper from nuuvem), gog (for old games) and origin. I even have Epic and Bethesda (ESO)

The main problem I see is the "collector" mania. If a game I really want will be an Epic/Blizzard/ubi/amazon exclusive for a year and I really will play it on launch, I'll just buy it there and play it. I'll finish it on a couple months and forget about it. If some day later they launch it on Steam, and I want it there because I'm a pokegame master, I'll buy it again later, with a good discount, because I know I won't play it again.

I wish there was a single place to buy all the pizzas. I mean Papa John's, Domino's, etc. they make you buy from their own store. Who has the time and patience to remember what pizza they got from where. Next thing you know, they'll be a Digiorno store.

I hate physical media personally.  On the flip side I love MS Game Pass/EA Origin.  Just let me pay whatever a month for access to everything, that is my dream world.

Not to trample on this already well worn discussion of publisher launchers and physical vs digital only media, but do any of yous have experience with CenturyLink Fiber Gig internet? Sick of Comcast, but don't want to just trade one pain in my ass for another.

Everybody show me your haul lists for Green Monday!!!1 

I have like six emails about it and... what?  Do we need a shopping "holiday" for every single week between Thanksgiving and New Years?

Anyway I kinda like the idea of a game pass where you access all the games but I like too much stuff and have too little time.  Even if you get rid of bundle trash, games I bought just to make card packs and sell (when that was worth doing), free games I got from Tremor only because they had cards, etc... I still have tons of stuff I have backlogged despite intending to play soon.  I don't trust myself to actually play the games in the passes.

I like physical media for consoles because I am not one of those folks that keeps all of their old stuff, I play it and when I have nothing left that I think I will actually play soon for that system, I sell them and get them out of my way.  Especially if they can be emulated because that gets rid of my excuse to keep stuff "just in case I want to play it two years from now" or whatever.  

Although with a lot of games being digital starting with PS3 and seemingly more and more digital-only games going forward, I am not sure that is going to be worth messing with for much longer unfortunately.   

Everybody show me your haul lists for Green Monday!!!1
I bought the Creature Codex by Kobold Press for $22.50 after coupons from Amazon (they have another $5 off a book one after the November one). Funny thing is that I watched the Kickstarter for that book and decided not to commit at the $45 level for the hardback. Came out for backers in September and people said it was great so I regretted not pulling the trigger. Came out retail in October and now I got it for half the Kickstarter price. Go me, I guess.

I bought the Creature Codex by Kobold Press for $22.50 after coupons from Amazon (they have another $5 off a book one after the November one). Funny thing is that I watched the Kickstarter for that book and decided not to commit at the $45 level for the hardback. Came out for backers in September and people said it was great so I regretted not pulling the trigger. Came out retail in October and now I got it for half the Kickstarter price. Go me, I guess.
Y DINT U FUND THE RPG NERDZ KIKSHARTER??? HAV U KNOW HART??? ... NOW THEY ARE OUT ON THE STREET AND DYING, U MONSTER!!!

The justification of the RGO guys is just sad. They must have signed an NDA to keep quiet on how much they were paid for exclusivity.

https://twitter.com/RebelGalaxy/status/1070908954807435264

1 year is just a joke. Maybe they should talk to the Rimworld guy. He seems to have no problems selling from his website DRM free versions and offers a steam key with that. That actually got me off the fence to pay the full $35. A game that will likely never go on sale either.

Some bundle spares for you fine folks:

Styx: Shards of Darkness 3B5EH-XZWTX-506G9

STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic JZWXD-JF5LZ-2Z9WL

STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords 52H9F-90QWZ-JMAJG

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION ZC69R-T0CNQ-0E72K

SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition 4PZFH-M9EM4-3800Z

STAR WARS™ - The Force Unleashed™ Ultimate Sith Edition 8NCCJ-D4HJW-RVGXW

METAL SLUG X 6NX80-YB8LM-B6J0K

Redeem through Steam. Happy holidays, all

Styx: Shards of Darkness 3B5EH-XZWTX-506G9

STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic JZWXD-JF5LZ-2Z9WL

STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords 52H9F-90QWZ-JMAJG

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION ZC69R-T0CNQ-0E72K

SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition 4PZFH-M9EM4-3800Z

STAR WARS™ - The Force Unleashed™ Ultimate Sith Edition 8NCCJ-D4HJW-RVGXW

METAL SLUG X 6NX80-YB8LM-B6J0K

I redeemed STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic & STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords, thank you very much! Happy holidays!

Styx: Shards of Darkness 3B5EH-XZWTX-506G9

STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic JZWXD-JF5LZ-2Z9WL

STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords 52H9F-90QWZ-JMAJG

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION ZC69R-T0CNQ-0E72K

SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition 4PZFH-M9EM4-3800Z

STAR WARS™ - The Force Unleashed™ Ultimate Sith Edition 8NCCJ-D4HJW-RVGXW

METAL SLUG X 6NX80-YB8LM-B6J0K

Awesome drops!

EDIT:

I redeemed STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic & STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords, thank you very much! Happy holidays!
Can't go wrong w/ those great CRPG's.

Is there something wrong with me that despite the fact I just bought a 580 I'm still thinking about waiting for the first week of January or so to see the launch prices for the Navi cards (I have until January 31st to return the GPU under Amazon's extended holiday return policy)?

Is there something wrong with me that despite the fact I just bought a 580 I'm still thinking about waiting for the first week of January or so to see the launch prices for the Navi cards (I have until January 31st to return the GPU under Amazon's extended holiday return policy)?
Yes

Nope. Maybe you just like testing and benchmarking games on hardware. [shrug]

I haven't actually opened the 580 -- it's still in the box.  Was going to wait to see if there were any holiday sales on the B450 mortar motherboard.

I don't know how you can wait so long to be without a decent PC. That shit would bug me. Time = Money. The longer you wait, the more time you spend and eventually that's more valuable than money.

I haven't actually opened the 580 -- it's still in the box. Was going to wait to see if there were any holiday sales on the B450 mortar motherboard.
Of course the prices will be better, you've just bought a card. Murphy's law. I doubt they'll be out any time soon though. From what I've heard, summer at earliest. All the new 7nm chips are going towards Ryzen2 cpus and high end graphics/compute/AI stuff first.

Also, that Conan Exiles thing is the damn dev kit. Getting all my hopes up that I could get free copies into hands of friends to have people to play Conan Dong n' Boob Simulator with. Such prick teases.

I don't know how you can wait so long to be without a decent PC. That shit would bug me. Time = Money. The longer you wait, the more time you spend and eventually that's more valuable than money.
The more time I spend without... playing on a decent PC? It's unfortunate but not really worth money.

Why did you buy a colon, don't you already have one?
No, I got nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero.
I'm going to start a gofundme page to raise money to buy MysterD a colon. I know we're a cheap but caring group and I can't imagine any of us want to think of MysterD as someone without a colon. Colonlessness affects dozens of unfortunate people each year, so please open your hearts and your wallets and give generously.

I don't care about the Xbox.
Darn, and I was sure you'd be pedantic enough to write yourself into a coma explaining the difference between CRPGs and RPGs, citing 100 examples complete with a thorough history of each.

I think it's allowed. Did you actually try playing one of those on an Xbox? The controller interface was a hot mess, to put it politely. Some things are not meant to be played using a controller.
I was banking on them not being the isometric "CPRGs" of yore that the toaster is always going on about to see what happens.

Poor attempt at trolling, carry on with discussions of local pizza/burger places and whether or not the AMD cards everybody bought were actually worth it.

bread's done
Back