Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Have some codez

6W9+T-YND2*-7E+3* - The Detail Season One
VDYVE-VNCGX-YZ2*N - Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora
D5GV*-A6WB3-TIL3D - Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
ECLBV-2DY+L-H23KP - The Last Door: Season 2 - Collector's Edition
YW3TY-JRTX5-RL@X@ - Beholder
XTJQ0-NINQ+-HD@26 - The Sexy Brutale

* = 7
+ = 8
@ = 4

Lurkers to me every time there's a keydrop...

flObbK4.gif

Have some codez

6W9+T-YND2*-7E+3* - The Detail Season One
VDYVE-VNCGX-YZ2*N - Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora
D5GV*-A6WB3-TIL3D - Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
ECLBV-2DY+L-H23KP - The Last Door: Season 2 - Collector's Edition
YW3TY-JRTX5-RL@X@ - Beholder
XTJQ0-NINQ+-HD@26 - The Sexy Brutale

* = 7
+ = 8
@ = 4
Aw, I missed out on Hot Tin Roof. Nice drop.

Just going to put this game out there, even though it's just released early access and not part of this "sale"

https://store.steampowered.com/app/494430/Praey_for_the_Gods/

Obviously it's hitting the Shadow of Colossus notes hard, but it's also not so subtly aping Breath of the Wild and kind of looks like an indie Horizon Zero Dawn. All of these things, especially combined, give me a chubby, but the fact that it almost feels professionally made/plays great for a game only released a week ago. Give'r a look see.

Has steam always charged sales tax in NY? Or is that new? Last time I bought something was in the beginning of January and I didn't get charged tax at that time.

Most states are collecting sales tax via Steam and other sites.  You may have also received an email if you subscribed to the Humble monthly that they will be collecting sales tax for your state with the next renewal of your sub.

Just going to put this game out there, even though it's just released early access and not part of this "sale"

Obviously it's hitting the Shadow of Colossus notes hard, but it's also not so subtly aping Breath of the Wild and kind of looks like an indie Horizon Zero Dawn. All of these things, especially combined, give me a chubby, but the fact that it almost feels professionally made/plays great for a game only released a week ago. Give'r a look see.
Is it just me, or is there a slowly growing trend of indie devs making games that look great in stills but are animated really stiffly?

Softbank Sells Entire $3.6 Billion Nvidia Investment.

awww that's too bad. More poor financial valuation news for Nvidia. I guess they'll have to start selling stuff at normal retail prices again eventually. :oops:

The numbers are off somewhere by one decimal place though. It was either 398 billion yen or else it was $360 million.
IIRC they had an option that was expiring so they had to sell in order to get the $200+/share from it. Pretty sure it was expected news.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Division private beta started this morning... I didn't get to touch it for long but it's much, much, better than what I had played previously. I suggest anyone with access give it a try. So much of it has been improved upon from the first Division.

Other news, Apex Legends is getting great reviews and pub so maybe Fortnite and Epics source of money will start drying up.

The version of Axiom Verge that's currently free from the EGS is DRM-free, BTW. No idea if the Steam version is as well, but just like with Subnautica before they "fixed" it, you can copy the game folder and uninstall the client and still play the game without issue.

I was just thinking about how we needed another battle royale game to play.

Does it come with teabagging squeakers?
It's free. It introduces some different mechanics. People are saying it is better than Blackout. It'll probably guarantee we get a Titanfall 3. But yeah, let's just be grumps about it.

It's free. It introduces some different mechanics. People are saying it is better than Blackout. It'll probably guarantee we get a Titanfall 3. But yeah, let's just be grumps about it.
I don't care about F2P games. In fact they have hindered development in, if not made all but extinct, one of my favorite genres which is mmorpgs.

People throw money at all sorts of bullshit now, which is why we get the games that we get. It's why enthusiast level PC components have gotten so expensive too.

I don't care about F2P games. In fact they have hindered development, if not made it all but extinct, in one of my favorite genres which is mmorpgs.

People throw money at all sorts of bullshit now, which is why we get the games that we get. It's why enthusiast level PC components have gotten so expensive too.
51b8e89ceab8eaa87d000009-750-562.jpg

I don't care about F2P games. In fact they have hindered development, if not made it all but extinct, in one of my favorite genres which is mmorpgs.

what about free to post websites?

Here's something funny: The EGS version of Axiom Verge crashes every time you enter the third area. Here's what the log file says (emphasis mine):

Caught exception trying to load SoundEffect Steam
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Could not load asset Audio/SoundEffects/Steam! Error: The content file was not found.
Basically, someone tried to scrub any mention of Steam from the files and it ended up crashing the game.

FWIW, the third area begins with a bunch of steam pipes.

EDIT: Dev fixed it:

https://twitter.com/AxiomVerge/status/1093616420385042432

I remember seeing a trailer for that at on of the gaming events. PAX maybe. They're the ones that had to change their title because the guys that made the new Prey threw a shit fit over them having "Prey" in the title.

People throw money at all sorts of bullshit now, which is why we get the games that we get. I
Developers make the games that people put money into. If people put money into crappy games, crappy games are all that will be made. I can see your point here.

It's why enthusiast level PC components have gotten so expensive too.
This I dont get. I would understand if you were saying that enthusiast level PC components have stagnated because people pay for even the slightest incremental upgrade. But I dont really see how that translates to component prices being so high.

Here's something funny: The EGS version of Axiom Verge crashes every time you enter the third area. Here's what the log file says (emphasis mine):

Basically, someone tried to scrub any mention of Steam from the files and it ended up crashing the game.

FWIW, the third area begins with a bunch of steam pipes.
Did you post about it on the Epic Game Store forums to make sure the dev knows about it?

oh...

wait...

The Division private beta started this morning... I didn't get to touch it for long but it's much, much, better than what I had played previously. I suggest anyone with access give it a try. So much of it has been improved upon from the first Division.

Other news, Apex Legends is getting great reviews and pub so maybe Fortnite and Epics source of money will start drying up.
"Apex Legends hits 10 million players in just three days"

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/7/18216061/apex-legends-10-million-players

Looks to be a success.

But has anyone actually spent $$ on the MTX's?

Ain't that the whole point for dev's/pub's doing a F2P game?
The game just came out. It's not about the money this week, no. The whole point is to build a dedicated playerbase first by using charming aesthetics in your game. Then the $$$ will roll in automatically after that.

But has anyone actually spent $$ on the MTX's?

Ain't that the whole point for dev's/pub's doing a F2P game?
They gave me $10 worth of in-game currency for being a Origin Access Premier member. Used it to buy some loot boxes. Got some nice stuff - uniforms and gun skins. You get loot crates just by playing and you can unlock the other legends for free by playing. Nice system and great game.

Off topic, but I just had to free up 28 gig of space on my PS4 in order to download the 200 meg patch for Division 2 beta.

Think I'm going to take advantage of the Steam sale and finally get Witcher 3 and Celeste. Really been wanting both of those although I have no idea when I'll get around to playing Witcher.

Probably throw in the cheapest game on my wishlist to get over 30, Hell Girls.

Think I'm going to take advantage of the Steam sale and finally get Witcher 3 and Celeste. Really been wanting both of those although I have no idea when I'll get around to playing Witcher.

Probably throw in the cheapest game on my wishlist to get over 30, Hell Girls.
play the witcher now because it's pretty much just as fucking amazing as it's hyped to be

Off topic, but I just had to free up 28 gig of space on my PS4 in order to download the 200 meg patch for Division 2 beta.
Isn't sloppy programming fun? I had a game that took up 90GB of space (full install size of game) and took an hour to update on Steam because of lazy devs. For a 4gb patch. Since I only had about 80GB free on the ssd it is installed on, steam used the slower harddrive's free space.

I didn't have that problem you did with the div2 beta on PC as far as I could tell. It did make me load the game, take 2 minutes then tell me it had to finalize the update and reload the game again, making me watch the intro logos again.

Can I redeem my Derpvision 2 code now via the AMD system?  Didn't bother to check yet since I know launch isn't until March.  I suppose that might give me access to the closed beta, too?  But I've never been a fan of playing betas.

You can redeem it now, but it won't give you access to the beta, but a lot of people here got invites so you can get one if you just ask.

Edit. By redeem you mean choosing the game or you meant adding the game to uplay? You can do the first but not the second.

You can redeem it now, but it won't give you access to the beta, but a lot of people here got invites so you can get one if you just ask.

Edit. By redeem you mean choosing the game or you meant adding the game to uplay? You can do the first but not the second.
Yeah I already picked RE2 and Derpvision, just haven't bothered activating them.

Isn't sloppy programming fun? I had a game that took up 90GB of space (full install size of game) and took an hour to update on Steam because of lazy devs. For a 4gb patch. Since I only had about 80GB free on the ssd it is installed on, steam used the slower harddrive's free space.

I didn't have that problem you did with the div2 beta on PC as far as I could tell. It did make me load the game, take 2 minutes then tell me it had to finalize the update and reload the game again, making me watch the intro logos again.
Yeah.

Also, on PS4, it took about 20 minutes or so to apply the patch.

People seem to think that the PS4 copies the game data, applies the patch to the copied data, then erases the original data... or something like that.

bread's done
Back