Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
GMG is sending out Far Cry New Dawn for anyone who pre-ordered.  Preload may even be available on Uplay.  getdatpreorderunicorntrike.ru/spinitdaddy

unicorn-trike.jpg

Jeez, they haven't even shut my account down yet? I sent a ticket on it yesterday. I didn't expect them to get back to me quickly but I did kinda think they would shut that down pretty quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
So with all you people getting hacked, here's a tip that will save you every time.

If you ever get a steam login page asking for your password anywhere, go to store.steampowered.com in the same browser and log in there instead.  If you're already logged in, it's fake.

Haul:

Demon Peak - 90%, $0.49
MegaRace 3 - 84%, $0.49 (in bundle)
Scanner Sombre - 93%, $0.44 (in bundle)
The Fall - 90%, $0.99
The Witcher Adventure Game - 85%, $1.49

Looks like a bunch of us noticed Keepsake in the sale.
Darn, I have that on my wishlist but somehow missed it. The store page still shows 83% off ($0.50) and even has the discount in cart, but at the final checkout page it goes up to $2.99.

Keepsake's price has dropped rapidly in the last year, so I hope that doesn't mean it's going to be removed from the store soon.

So with all you people getting hacked, here's a tip that will save you every time.

If you ever get a steam login page asking for your password anywhere, go to store.steampowered.com in the same browser and log in there instead. If you're already logged in, it's fake.
or just don't click links and then give out account info

If you ever get a steam login page asking for your password anywhere, go to store.steampowered.com in the same browser and log in there instead. If you're already logged in, it's fake.
Same thing with Paypal/Amazon.

SeasonalCAG Mandatory Coupon User:

Lunar New Year Sale Haul

The Witcher Adventure Game (Lowest price it has been in a long time missed years ago when it was 85%)

Yakuza Kiwami Digital Deluxe Edition (Want them to bring more games like this to pc so bought)

Agents of Mayhem (I know I know)

Lionheart (+1 removed game will never play used to get up to $30)

Nine Parchments (Looked like a nice game in the Trineverse and was cheap in a bundle)

Special Look alright wait until to the end if you have seen this what the fuck haha:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hHECMVOq7g

Not quite. You might also need to check if you're logged in on steamcommunity.com.

or just don't click links and then give out account info
Not quite that simple in that if you aren't logged into the steam store and/or steam community you can possibly need to log in, it's just that any legit use of steam account-based login will send you to steam for anything involving the entry of actual account info.

This is legit why I don't family share with people. If the person you're sharing with gets VAC banned, you'll get VAC banned as well. Who knows what will happen if they get their account hacked
I family share with, well, family. My wife isn't going to get VAC banned. My son has a number of parental restrictions set on his account. But as he gets older and has more access to his account I'm not sure if I'll keep family share active with him. You can try to teach them right from wrong, but one little mistake....

Lionheart (+1 removed game will never play used to get up to $30)
Couldn't pull the trigger on that one. Just didn't seem like it was actually good.

The Fall - 90%, $0.99
Try to play The Fall as soon as you can. That is not a game to backlog and forget about.

Could be worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IbN_46ezP4
Two harpies confront Doc Phil for not taking care of the kids he sired with them after a show 10 years ago. Film at 11.

My main problem with the Div2 Beta was movement bugs and the difficulty level based on group size. I solo'd the main missions fairly easily compared to people who did it in 4 man groups. When running the lvl 30 mission, it was impossible solo and not much better in a 4man team. You definately have to use cover more and I think that got some D1 players in trouble more as well as noobs who didn't know its a cover shooter.

A lot of the new skill variants based on the end game classes were neat ideas but a pain to manage.

Lunar Sale:

Razer Game Store - UPLAY Keys:

Far Cry 5 (base-game) = $13.50

(after 10% off coupon / also got a $10 off coupon for next purchase)

Assassin's Creed: Origins - Gold Edition = $23.00

(after $10 off coupon used, which was earned from above purchase & mentioned above)

GameRant - Watch Dogs 3 has been trademarked for Next XBox and PS5.

- New Watch Dogs game has been trademarked
- Trademark doesn't have anything to do w/ WD1 or WD2, so it's believed this trademark would be for Watch Dogs 3
- Especially since new consoles will probably launch in 2020 and/or 2021
- It's believed WD3 will be for Next XBox and PS5
- WD2 has hints in it, suggesting that the next WD game will take place in London, UK.

Special Look alright wait until to the end if you have seen this what the fuck haha:
That looks so bad. Wow. Also, it looks like Disney didn't really learn any lessons from when they started on this ridiculous streak of remaking their animated films as live-action films: are ANY of the actors in this movie of the appropriate ethnicity? (It's derived from a story set in ancient Iran in what would roughly be the Middle Ages in Western history.) As long as they're making completely unnecessary remakes of their own films, why not at least cast Middle Eastern actors to play the major parts? And how anyone would conflate Robin Williams with Will Smith is beyond me; does anyone look at Will Smith's life and career and think "comic genius"?

Also, it looks like Disney didn't really learn any lessons from when they started on this ridiculous streak of remaking their animated films as live-action films: are ANY of the actors in this movie of the appropriate ethnicity?
Emma Watson plays a passable white chick in Beauty & the Beast.

Emma Watson plays a passable white chick in Beauty & the Beast.
Let's be honest though.. Belle was French. So they pick a BRIT to play her? FFS. And Ms. Potts and the cockney accent? Screw that movie. The only thing good out of it was that dude who played the Beast can actually sing with them teeth in his mouth. That's a skill. Otherwise, Disney can suck it. Bring back Treasure Planet.

P.S. The dude playing Jafar reminds me of one of them idiots at Starbucks who tries to write something inspiring on the coffee cup.. only to sound like a Douche. Probably has the name Chad. And a man bun. And a mustache.

P.P.S. You know who'd have made a damned good Genie? Morgan Freeman. He wouldn't be the comedic kind. He'd be the Morgan Freeman kind :)

Let's be honest though.. Belle was French. So they pick a BRIT to play her? FFS.
well yea, if you're from europe you talk with a british accent. Hell that applies to Africa too in like 90% of the cases

You're telling me Ive been lied to and all those places really dont have british accents?

I just got my account back.

Again I apologize for whatever hack spam that came from my account.
I’m still waiting to hear from Steam. I’m not sure where their CS folks are located but if they’re in the Seattle area it could be causing a delay since the city is buried in snow right now.

edit: nvm I'm back in business. Whoever was behind this caper was apparently Chinese and was also a bad boi when playing PUBG on my account because I've been temporarily banned.

The Division 2 Beta; I liked the majority of what I saw. The Outcast group is unnerving. I know we didn't see the whole area but these guys just seem to spawn and attack you at random. Me and one buddy were in the DZ late last night and had it all to ourselves and we had just cleared a landmark and where looking at our loot. (If you didn't play the beta most loot in the DZ isn't contaminated and doesn't need to be extracted.) Anyhow, all of a sudden a few guys are buy my friend and say, "Hi Agent!" and my friend goes down! (I honestly thought it was other players for like ten seconds or so before I realized it was just NPC.) Just so crazy...

The End Game mission they gave us a chance to play I thought it was pretty good. I tried it by myself and got beat down pretty quickly but a second attempt with weapons I liked better and a teammate made it better. I sort of worry about solo play with the less ways to heal myself but I saw an gear manufacture set that restored armor on kill so it might be the ticket. I think the "Health on kill" days are a thing of the past. Its all about keeping armor up.

Anyhow, really excited for the release of the game. I still feel the game solves more issues from Div 1 than it create.
Nice to hear opinions on it, I put a ton of hours in the 1st One and playing the Demo last couple of days I sort of just felt this was more of a Expansion or 1.5 Division then a full blown sequel. Still has some of the same notorious bugs as the 1st One, the Campaign/Story seems to have taken a back seat just like the 1st one. Have they shown any of the character creation yet? The 1st one was laughably bad

Nice to hear opinions on it, I put a ton of hours in the 1st One and playing the Demo last couple of days I sort of just felt this was more of a Expansion or 1.5 Division then a full blown sequel. Still has some of the same notorious bugs as the 1st One, the Campaign/Story seems to have taken a back seat just like the 1st one. Have they shown any of the character creation yet? The 1st one was laughably bad
No on character creation but it seems a bigger selection is available based upon hitting new character. (All of the characters in the beta are random.)

I'm honestly not understanding the 1.5 comparisons. It doesn't play the same, need to use cover, less healing is available, issues with movement have been dealt with, new skills, skills don't happen as often, and the biggest thing is a new map (which is bigger with more playable space), and all new missions. Even the side activities have changed. Story, we are going to disagree but I didn't and still don't feel like the story has ever taken a back seat in the game(s).

I see a sequel that sticks very close to what made the original compelling while moving on from what didn't really work.

IMHO, Disney really hasn't been relevant in a long time.

They took Star Wars IP, but they still haven't topped the original 3 Lucas films (A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi). Ep 7 was more or less using A New Hope as a template; Ep 8 almost ruined the flick w/ a pointlessly grumpy Luke (seemed so out of character for him and their explanation/reason was predictable, foolish, and did not go deep enough); Solo and Rogue One also still weren't close to the level of the original 3 Lucas flicks.

Has any animated flicks of theirs really been relevant since A Lion King? They used to come out w/ great animated flicks back then, one after another.

Why would they even think of touching their animated classics like Aladdin and Lion King...and make them live action flicks? The original animated ones were great. Meh.

Pixar's quality has been on and off like a light switch since WALL-E. Well, more like Up (pun intended). While I liked the message of that WALL-E movie - eh, it still wasn't one of their best. Before that, it was like that company just couldn't really do any wrong.

There still hasn't been a really good Pirates of the Caribbean flick since the original one. They still ain't topped that one.

Meanwhile, it seems fitting that EA of all companies has been holding the Star Wars IP for games - and for most, EA's SW games ain't lived up to any hype. For most, their "meh' or "middling."

If anything, Disney's been middling for years.

And how anyone would conflate Robin Williams with Will Smith is beyond me; does anyone look at Will Smith's life and career and think "comic genius"?
In fairness, "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" lasted for more seasons/episodes than "Mork and Mindy", which was on *before* cable. (Robin's clearly the better stand up comedian of course).

IMHO, Disney really hasn't been relevant in a long time.

(SNIP 1)

Has any animated flicks of theirs really been relevant since A Lion King?

(SNIP 2)

If anything, Disney's been middling for years.
SNIP 1: Disney owns Marvel. I'd say they've been pretty relevant from Avengers (2012) to Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018).

SNIP 2: Though it was a joint venture with Sony, Marvel (i.e. Disney), just put out "Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse" which has been widely seen as fantastic (Golden Globe winner, Best Animated Feature).

But even if you dont count that (and you should) if you're going back to "The Lion King" you're missing out on (just from the 2000's) "Cars", "Ratatouille", "The Princess and the Frog", "Wreck-it-Ralph", "Moana" and the perhaps the biggest kiddie-cultural icon of this decade "Frozen".

Yeah, they've had some winners!

No on character creation but it seems a bigger selection is available based upon hitting new character. (All of the characters in the beta are random.)

I'm honestly not understanding the 1.5 comparisons.
I think it FEELS much the same, but that's a feature and not a bug in my eyes. I don't want to play "Division: Skyrim Edition" or "Division: Dark Souls Edition", I want to play something that feels like a continuation of the first game. To some people, that's not going to feel like enough of a departure although, like you said, a lot of the actual components are changed up a good bit even if the overall sensation is much the same.

I really hope character face creation is half decent in this game. The women characters in particular from the Beta gave me little hope. Which is bizarre because the women NPCs generally look half normal.

SNIP 1: Disney owns Marvel. I'd say they've been pretty relevant from Avengers (2012) to Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018).
First off, I agree with you that Disney has remained plenty relevant. However, I have a hard time counting IPs that they just bought out as examples.

Well, got my account back. Sorry for the messages. Amazingly my wallet is still there. Looks like I may have escaped with simply a temp PUBG ban. 

I think it FEELS much the same, but that's a feature and not a bug in my eyes. I don't want to play "Division: Skyrim Edition" or "Division: Dark Souls Edition", I want to play something that feels like a continuation of the first game. To some people, that's not going to feel like enough of a departure although, like you said, a lot of the actual components are changed up a good bit even if the overall sensation is much the same.

I really hope character face creation is half decent in this game. The women characters in particular from the Beta gave me little hope. Which is bizarre because the women NPCs generally look half normal.
I'm not even sure if I looked at the women models... I know I had to hit the new character a lot of times to find a character I liked... and I still wasn't too satisfied. That said I don't think you'll see a great looking female. Massive seems apposed to it. They really took an ugly stick to Faye Lau character model if you look at at the voice actresses. (She was on Dark Matter and is currently on the Rookie.)

Hopefully its better than the first one as it seemed like everyone used the same face for their female characters.

Lastly, I don't know why people want sequels to feel different from their predecessors... "Oh, I like this series, you should change it!" or even the "Oh, I don't like your series you should change it so maybe I will like it..."

I'm honestly not understanding the 1.5 comparisons. It doesn't play the same, need to use cover, less healing is available, issues with movement have been dealt with, new skills, skills don't happen as often, and the biggest thing is a new map (which is bigger with more playable space), and all new missions. Even the side activities have changed. Story, we are going to disagree but I didn't and still don't feel like the story has ever taken a back seat in the game(s).

I see a sequel that sticks very close to what made the original compelling while moving on from what didn't really work.
Agreed. After putting in hundreds of hours in the original Division from what I've seen of Division 2 it plays like a true sequel and not some expansion. There are a plethora of changes and differences to almost all aspects of the game. Anyone calling it Division 1.5 is going for that hot take route.

Well, got my account back. Sorry for the messages. Amazingly my wallet is still there. Looks like I may have escaped with simply a temp PUBG ban.
Yeah I figured they would have wreaked more havoc. I would have. I don't see the point in hacking someone unless you're going to empty their wallet, delete half their games, access their bank account, and become the new husband to their wife and father to their children. What a missed opportunity.

btw have any of you other hack victims received a friend request from Wanna? Wanna Friends?

AyNoOo5.jpg

They took Star Wars IP, but they still haven't topped the original 3 Lucas films (A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi). Ep 8 was more or less using A New Hope as a template; Ep 9 almost ruined the flick w/ a pointlessly grumpy Luke (seemed so out of character for him and their explanation/reason was predictable, foolish, and did not go deep enough); Solo and Rogue One also still weren't close to the level of the original 3 Lucas flicks.

Meanwhile, it seems fitting that EA of all companies has been holding the Star Wars IP for games - and for most, EA's SW games ain't lived up to any hype. For most, their "meh' or "middling."
I actually liked the Solo movie a lot more than most people seem to have and Rogue One was quite enjoyable. I agree that the main series sequels were nothing special and what they did with Luke was absolute garbage. I'll admit though, that growing up with the originals definitely makes it harder to love anything since. I can at least understand folks that were born around/after the Prequels came out liking the new movies better than I do. Although they could make one hundred Star Wars movies and not top The Empire Strikes Back.

EA has wasted the SW license in the most ridiculous way imaginable. Star Wars has had so many games that were fantastic for their time and all we get are Battlefront games that look great but are inferior to the original Battlefronts in most respects. The best Star Wars games since Disney took over are the Pinball FX tables. EA is obsessed with making multiplayer games so unfortunately I do not expect anything good for a while. Especially since Disney recently said they were happy with what EA has done with the license. It must be SWTOR making decent coin on MTX because otherwise I have no clue how they say that. I have all but given up on getting a new game that is as fun as the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games or X-Wing and Tie Fighter games were.

You know, now that I am thinking about it I can not remember a single Disney animated movie that I have seen.  I'm not sure I have ever seen one of them.  

I know what D is trying to say, but I think he's confusing his own growing up with Disney having become irrelevant.

I don't like Disney but that's for other reasons. They buy everything up in order to sell us more expensive disc releases and home video. I don't appreciate paying "the Disney tax". Disney's handling of Star Wars has been questionable; they're milking it for everything it's worth. It's great to have new Star Wars movies but they started too many different projects, are too focused on the original trilogy still, and the new trilogy is a disaster for so many different reasons. On the other hand Rogue One was excellent and Solo was a fun action heist romp as well. Overall, it's a shame how much Star Wars has gotten merchandised. Everybody and their mom thinks of themselves as these giant SW fans now even though they really aren't, and that's how we end up with Ep.8 and all of the backlash surrounding it.

Don't really understand how no one can make a SW game, how everything keeps getting axed, and the stuff that does make it to market is Battlefront II and its giant MTX fiasco. SWTOR is still a champion. It's a shame.

The thing that has me the most concerned is Disney's most recent acquisition of Fox.

First off, I agree with you that Disney has remained plenty relevant. However, I have a hard time counting IPs that they just bought out as examples.
Exactly. Disney just recently acquired Marvel.

bread's done
Back