Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
New Dawn definitely looks more interesting to me. I found Far Cry 3 fairly tedious and empty. Never played 4 but I expect it's the same.
fc4 and fc3 are essentially the same game, although i liked 3 better overall (i liked the environment better, and fc4 is basically the exact same game as fc3 and blood dragon in terms of gameplay loop and overall feel). far cry games in my experience are fine enough/competent, but it's hard to believe people buy those games on launch. the whole game it just feels like you're going through the motions, but different people like different things i guess

I liked FC5 a lot, but it dragged in places and I felt the need to take breaks between area.
I liked FC5 and would recommend it to anyone who likes the formula but I tried New Game+ and found my enthusiasm waning during the first mandatory kidnapping+exposition dump. "Oh, right, I'll have to sit through these again".

Blood Dragon still has the best tutorial.
I wish Blood Dragon was a full fledged game, not an 8 hour spin off. Something about the FC games takes me a few hours to get settled in and start enjoying them, BD was easily the most interesting of the FC games I've played due to its premise/setting, but by the time I got to that point it was almost over.

Pizza with crushed pineapple instead of marinara, cheese, pineapple chunks, and then drizzled with balsamic/pineapple juice reduction.
That's....

That might work. With the right crust. And the right cheese. Not too much cheese either. The main problem with pineapple on pizza is the way it clashes with the marinara.

Even then, that's likely just too much pineapple to get any other flavor to show at all.

Probably better to drop the idea of pizza, though, and just use the reduction in a different dish. Say, for example, a sandwich with prosciutto, soppressata, tomato, banana peppers, and red onion on crusty Italian bread.

Skewer and grill the pineapple chunks as a side. Use the crushed pineapple in some sort of cake for dessert.

I wonder how much overlap there is between "No pineapple on pizza" people, "no ketchup on hot dogs" people, and "no ice in wine" people.

Additionally, in those groups are there higher percentages of Oxford comma sticklers?

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

Hey did I miss something? Are DDR4 RAM prices starting to be reasonable again? Hmm, that may get me thinking about spec'ing out a new rig....

Hey did I miss something? Are DDR4 RAM prices starting to be reasonable again? Hmm, that may get me thinking about spec'ing out a new rig....
DDR4 and SSD prices have bricked down in recent weeks/months. The time is now. Celebrate with a Pineapple Surprise pizza. It's on Domino's secret menu.

yea there was an article a week or so ago that they should keep dropping steadily and probably bottom out by the summer. Ever since all the price fixing lawsuits started the manufacturers have been slowly backing down prices to old levels

I wonder how much overlap there is between "No pineapple on pizza" people, "no ketchup on hot dogs" people, and "no ice in wine" people.

Additionally, in those groups are there higher percentages of Oxford comma sticklers?
Putting ketchup on a hot dog is an insult to a hot dog.

Some hot dogs deserve to be insulted. Even Chicagoans have no problem with putting ketchup on a crappy hot dog.

I wish Blood Dragon was a full fledged game, not an 8 hour spin off. Something about the FC games takes me a few hours to get settled in and start enjoying them, BD was easily the most interesting of the FC games I've played due to its premise/setting, but by the time I got to that point it was almost over.
I loved BD. The setting was amazing and also wish it lasted a lot more

grilled-hot-dogs-pineapple-pepper-relish-680x454.jpg

You're missing out on a nice hot dog with ketchup and pineapple relish. To die for.
From the description it sounds like most ketchups would be a negative. But a good quality ketchup? Whattaburger at the minimum? Yeah. That would work. Even better would be some curry ketchup.

Nowadays what's the best way to use PS3/PS4 controllers on PC for non-steam games? I've used a couple programs in the past, but I feel like I've had a lot of trouble with them. I was so happy when Steam started supporting the controllers, but now I find myself playing games from Epic, Origin, Uplay, and Twitch and the controllers don't seem to work with the games from those clients.

Nowadays what's the best way to use PS3/PS4 controllers on PC for non-steam games? I've used a couple programs in the past, but I feel like I've had a lot of trouble with them. I was so happy when Steam started supporting the controllers, but now I find myself playing games from Epic, Origin, Uplay, and Twitch and the controllers don't seem to work with the games from those clients.
DS4Windows is usually the best way to go.

Pineapple on pizza is fine, ketchup on hot dogs is fine, ice in alcohol of any kind is not fine.
Pineapple on pizza - don't care.

Ketchup on hotdogs - not for me, but whatever. (why, though? why??)

Ice in alcohol - in some cases... oh yeah!

[attachment=31892:woodford-reserve-on-the-rocks-small.jpg]

do those sphere shaped ice ball things actually make the drink taste better or is that some fancy millenial bullshit?
Quoted from some other "Round ice helps solve this problem. You see, it’s about volume and surface area. A sphere exposes less surface area for the same amount of volume than a cube of ice. So, if you have a cube that is the same volume as a sphere, the sphere will actually have a lot less surface area, over 24 percent less. The less surface area that is exposed to the warm liquid, the slower the ice will melt. Therefore, a sphere of ice will melt more slowly in a drink than a cube of ice. This way, you can chill the drink without quickly diluting it. It’s science! "

The spheres are supposedly better yes.  They melt less water into your drink. 

I have a couple sets of whiskey rocks and I don't think they work very well tbh.   They don't chill the bourbon enough.  I much prefer regular ice cubes. 

The spheres are supposedly better yes. They melt less water into your drink.

I have a couple sets of whiskey rocks and I don't think they work very well tbh. They don't chill the bourbon enough. I much prefer regular ice cubes.
When I was in college, I had these reusable plastic water-filled balls. Those were great for cooling liquids of all types. Liquor and milk were what they usually got used for (often in conjunction).

Humble Bundle March

Earth Defence Force 4.1 (plus DLC)

Warhammer Vermintide II

Cultist Simulator

PLUS

Tower Unite

Late Shift

Paradigm

Fight N Rage

Slipstream

20 Minute Metropolis (Humble Exclusive)

NEXT MONTH

Northgard

Mutant: Year Zero -  Road To Eden

Absolver Downfall

Mutant: Year Zero -  Road To Eden was on my wishlist.  Late shift and Paradigm were my unlocks that I was interested in.  Not great, but not bad either.

The spheres are supposedly better yes. They melt less water into your drink.

I have a couple sets of whiskey rocks and I don't think they work very well tbh. They don't chill the bourbon enough. I much prefer regular ice cubes.
Why? Chilling bourbon dulls the flavor and aroma.

bread's done
Back