Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I have bottles of Limoncello and Yagermeister in my freezer right now.   In fact they have been there several years because they are disgusting and nobody wants to drink them...

My favorite thing to keep in the freezer is Tanqueray Rangpur.  That's the best thing to drink poolside in the summer.

I use ice cubes in table whiskey, which is what you end up drinking most of the time in groups. Everything top-shelf is served neat most of the time.
Even so many affordable whiskeys--bourbons and ryes anyway--are perfectly solid if perhaps not as complex as their more expensive brethren.

I mean, I'm not against ice. I'll generally go with a small ice chip that will quickly melt in order to help open up flavors. But it's not enough to chill the whiskey nor enough to discernibly dilute it.

All liquor tastes like ass.  I mean, the whole liquor industry revolves around putting shit in it so you can hide the ass taste while getting drunk.  Just because some of you hipsters are really into ass tasting doesn't mean it stops tasting like ass.  

All liquor tastes like ass. I mean, the whole liquor industry revolves around putting shit in it so you can hide the ass taste while getting drunk. Just because some of you hipsters are really into ass tasting doesn't mean it stops tasting like ass.
Maybe you've just been eating too much ass lately to tell the difference

Last edited by a moderator:
Even so many affordable whiskeys--bourbons and ryes anyway--are perfectly solid if perhaps not as complex as their more expensive brethren.

I mean, I'm not against ice. I'll generally go with a small ice chip that will quickly melt in order to help open up flavors. But it's not enough to chill the whiskey nor enough to discernibly dilute it.
I dunno, you kinda sound like an iceist.

Pappy-2.jpg

Check this out. I got to enjoy this for the first time in my life over Christmas. My brother-in-law won #2 in a drawing at his local liquor store for a raffle to pick out a bottle to buy. That's the only time I've ever seen a bottle of Pappy in-person.

Pappy-2.jpg

Check this out. I got to enjoy this for the first time in my life over Christmas. My brother-in-law won #2 in a drawing at his local liquor store for a raffle to pick out a bottle to buy. That's the only time I've ever seen a bottle of Pappy in-person.
Dude. You're playing cards with pocket change while enjoying a $100 bottle of limited production whiskey that you didn't have to buy. When's the next food stamp roulette over a kobe wagyu beef hot pot?

Pappy-2.jpg

Very nice.

I've only had Pappy in the form of beer aged in its barrels.

Glad Derp Rock Galactic got a free weekend.  I avoid Early Access like the plague.  Fun enough game that I'd be happy to get in a Humble Monthly.

I'm not sure why I add 18,000 piece puzzles to my Amazon price watch list when if I bought one, I would literally be unable to assemble it anywhere in  my house.  One of the most important rooms if I can ever afford my "dream house" is a puzzle room big enough to store tons of cubes and other puzzles - and with some sort of surface or a combination of tables big enough to put together ridiculously large jigsaw puzzles.  I used to like putting together puzzles but anything short of 3k is mindnumbingly easy, 5k is a pretty good spot for size but still can be finished too quickly for what they cost.  I actually think $150 for 18k pieces is more reasonable because of the sheer amount of time you could spend working on it.  But where the hell do you put it together?  Meh.  Anyway I finally solved my last cube without looking for a guide and I never have really got into speedcubing so now I need to pester r/cubers or somewhere for advice on what to get next.  

Uh, I mean, something something pineapple, something something bbq pizza.   I cooked up a bunch of ribs the other night, altered a recipe for a Jamaican jerk rub but with Swerve instead of sugar and cayenne instead of whatever peppers the recipe actually called for.  It is pretty good.  I am eating low carb so no real sugar or pineapples for me.  Or pizza.  Gotta turn my holiday Santa body into a beach body for all of those Arkansas beaches that we are going to have when the polar ice caps melt and most of the lower Mississippi valley is under the ocean.

I'm not sure why I add 18,000 piece puzzles to my Amazon price watch list when if I bought one, I would literally be unable to assemble it anywhere in my house. One of the most important rooms if I can ever afford my "dream house" is a puzzle room big enough to store tons of cubes and other puzzles - and with some sort of surface or a combination of tables big enough to put together ridiculously large jigsaw puzzles. I used to like putting together puzzles but anything short of 3k is mindnumbingly easy, 5k is a pretty good spot for size but still can be finished too quickly for what they cost. I actually think $150 for 18k pieces is more reasonable because of the sheer amount of time you could spend working on it. But where the hell do you put it together?
I didn't even know they had jigsaw puzzles that large... I should rethink my priorities... I don't really need a kitchen... I could just make a walkway and have the rest of it be a table. HOLY CRAP... I just saw a 32,000 piece puzzle... 18'x6'... I don't think I have a room 18' long... I could always knock out a wall...

My inner 12 year old wants those awesome dragon/wizard puzzles they used to have at Spencers. I always look for them at thrift stores, but the only dragon/wizard puzzles I find are newer ones that always have glitter on them.

My inner 12 year old wants those awesome dragon/wizard puzzles they used to have at Spencers. I always look for them at thrift stores, but the only dragon/wizard puzzles I find are newer ones that always have glitter on them.
So you're telling us you have a sizable collection of glittery puzzles.

I didn't even know they had jigsaw puzzles that large... I should rethink my priorities... I don't really need a kitchen... I could just make a walkway and have the rest of it be a table. HOLY CRAP... I just saw a 32,000 piece puzzle... 18'x6'... I don't think I have a room 18' long... I could always knock out a wall...
There are a few 42,000 piece puzzles, not sure if they are even the biggest at this point.

I wanted to put it in, just to see what it feels like. only $6.

andromeda-1.jpg

I don't understand what that has to do with buying a division 2 key for cheap.
ME:A is a solid open-world UbiSoft-style Shooter/ARPG (with tons of ARPG quests, fetch quests, kill X enemies quests, collect-a-thons) - the combat is great; and game-world itself looks great.

But ME:A is just not a good Mass Effect game by any means - the storytelling, character-development, narrative, and writing are "meh" while also being bare-bones, especially for a BioWare game. Also, the actual choices for actual Role-Playing are VERY lacking and felt often like you often have little-to-no choice and mostly variations of "good" options, which is also a similar feeling that I had w/ a lot of Fallout 4's content (except Far Harbor DLC).

ME:A is probably best played first, if you've never played a Mass Effect Trilogy game; namely b/c you likely have zero expectations of the franchise and what a ME game is yet.

Also, been playing Division 2 Open Beta here and there today - and I'm majorly impressed with this. Everything just looks graphically great and plays great. As usual per UbiSoft games, performance just isn't spectacular on my system, but it's good enough - but it's the actual game-content that's awesome. The combat, the shooting, and whatnot just feels great. Doesn't feel as bullet-spongy on boss enemies (which feel like an improvement over the original), also. I'm thinking at some point, I should finally go work on Division 1 and stop my ongoing stop/going cycle with it on-and-off; and just stick w/ it. The opening mission and Hotel mission are just awesome here in Div 2.

Div 2 feels like it's ready to go, IMHO.

I wanted to put it in, just to see what it feels like.
That's what she said. Ba-dum-tish!!!

And, I found this bundle for $15.99 on Green Man Gaming

https://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

Includes:

• Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Crusader Kings II
  • This War Of Mine
  • LEGO Batman
  • FEAR 3
  • Beat Cop
  • Dead Age
  • Mount and Blade
  • Mount and Blade With Fire and Sword
  • Killing Floor Complete Pack
  • Magicka
  • Teleglitch Die More Edition
  • Evil Genius
  • Corporate Lifestyle Simulator
  • Frozen Synapse Prime
Can anyone recommend this website? Is it reputable?

That's what she said. Ba-dum-tish!!!

And, I found this bundle for $15.99 on Green Man Gaming

https://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

Includes:

• Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Crusader Kings II
  • This War Of Mine
  • LEGO Batman
  • FEAR 3
  • Beat Cop
  • Dead Age
  • Mount and Blade
  • Mount and Blade With Fire and Sword
  • Killing Floor Complete Pack
  • Magicka
  • Teleglitch Die More Edition
  • Evil Genius
  • Corporate Lifestyle Simulator
  • Frozen Synapse Prime
Can anyone recommend this website? Is it reputable?
They're in the UK.

Been buying from them for a very long time, since grabbing Deus Ex: Human Revolution (OG version, which came out in 2011) on pre-order when it was around half-price.

Bought Watch Dogs 1 Season Pass and Watch Dogs 2 Gold from them a few months back, too.

I recently played through Tyranny, really good game.  Its made by obsidian, who made Pillars of Eternity, but it plays differently.  Really wish it had sold better as the game is great and sets up perfectly for the next part of the story that will likely never come to pass.  The factions are all interesting and its fun to actually start out as the bad guy in the story.  Really good game if you're into isometric rpgs, definitely recommend it.

I'm playing through the division right now, uplay says I am 55% of the way through the story at level 22 or something.  Its pretty fun if a little repetitious leveling through the various areas.  Probably won't do much at max level but figured I might as well play through the first one since I have Division 2 coming from my gpu purchase. 

Does anyone else add hot sauce to condiments or am I the only weirdo that does it?
I sometimes use hot sauce AS condiments, depending on what I'm eating at the time. If it's a very starchy meal, then I'll cut that blandness with some spice, which is generally the ideal contrast as far as I'm concerned. I like spicy ketchup, which is essentially the two mixed and not comparable to sriracha. Also, are you considering chili paste a hot sauce or a condiment in this case? Because I'll go between using a chili paste for something thick like steak fries or wedges and Frank's Red Hot for shoestring more often than not.

I feel like that might burn...
Good joke. I've also had this happen on a few unfortunate nights that are probably written about in someone's blog. Don't look at me like that.

Mostly I drink my Bourbon neat, but sometimes you want a cold drink. It fits the bill.
I'm probably a snob because I drink all hard alcohol neat. The ice eventually dilutes is, which I mean literally waters down the flavor. Get a drink that tastes the way you want the drink to taste, since the way alcohol is prepared really does matter. Yes, alcohol is prepared.

Wouldn't a mixed drink work better in that case?
See, adding frozen water to alcohol IS a mixed drink. Drinking alcohol neat is the way to enjoy the flavor and preparation of said alcohol. Drinking a mixed drink is its own flavor, since you're saying you want the myriad flavors combined to create a new flavor experience.

I was specifically referencing adding https://melindas.com/product/melindas-ghost-pepper-hot-sauce/ to ketchup and mustard mix (yeah, so what!). But I also will add other flavors if I want to add a smokey component to condiments. And I don't understand why people get stomach aches from sauces. I firmly feel if you are having an issue it is because your sauce is filled with bullshit ingredients that have nothing to do with the peppers.

I sometimes use hot sauce AS condiments, depending on what I'm eating at the time. If it's a very starchy meal, then I'll cut that blandness with some spice, which is generally the ideal contrast as far as I'm concerned. I like spicy ketchup, which is essentially the two mixed and not comparable to sriracha. Also, are you considering chili paste a hot sauce or a condiment in this case? Because I'll go between using a chili paste for something thick like steak fries or wedges and Frank's Red Hot for shoestring more often than not.

I was specifically referencing adding https://melindas.com/product/melindas-ghost-pepper-hot-sauce/ to ketchup and mustard mix (yeah, so what!). But I also will add other flavors if I want to add a smokey component to condiments. And I don't understand why people get stomach aches from sauces. I firmly feel if you are having an issue it is because your sauce is filled with bullshit ingredients that have nothing to do with the peppers.
I've never had that, but it's only $6 so I'm going to buy it right now.

Not really a fan of mustard myself. It goes well on sourdough pretzels, but I feel like that goes hand-in-hand with my previous comments about matching resistant starches to more acidic flavors to run the gauntlet STRAIGHT TO FLAVOR TOWN.

And your mom gets a stomach ache when I give her the sauce...

I'm probably a snob because I drink all hard alcohol neat. The ice eventually dilutes is, which I mean literally waters down the flavor. Get a drink that tastes the way you want the drink to taste, since the way alcohol is prepared really does matter. Yes, alcohol is prepared.

See, adding frozen water to alcohol IS a mixed drink. Drinking alcohol neat is the way to enjoy the flavor and preparation of said alcohol. Drinking a mixed drink is its own flavor, since you're saying you want the myriad flavors combined to create a new flavor experience.
Nope, not a snob, just a preference. Bourbon on the rocks has its own flavor, different from neat, of course. I like them both.

Fair enough calling it a mixed drink. I just don't let mine sit around long enough to become bourbon flavored water. :beer:

Why not just get Melinda's ketchup?

A small amount of water or a small chip of ice can help release flavors.

Also, cask strength is a thing.

I recently played through Tyranny, really good game. Its made by obsidian, who made Pillars of Eternity, but it plays differently. Really wish it had sold better as the game is great and sets up perfectly for the next part of the story that will likely never come to pass. The factions are all interesting and its fun to actually start out as the bad guy in the story. Really good game if you're into isometric rpgs, definitely recommend it.

I'm playing through the division right now, uplay says I am 55% of the way through the story at level 22 or something. Its pretty fun if a little repetitious leveling through the various areas. Probably won't do much at max level but figured I might as well play through the first one since I have Division 2 coming from my gpu purchase.
I loved Tyranny. I really wish there would be a sequel, though...as it feels like it's set-up for a sequel here. I really enjoyed the Epilogue set-up, with how you can pretty much set-up the game-world and the state of the game. The game itself, from its choices to its combat - it's all great and feels right out of Infinity Engine era of CRPG's, but instead w/ the "being on the side of the bad guy" gimmick.

I still haven't got around to Pillars; and I haven't finished Torment: Tides.

I need to get into Division 1 again (which I've had an on/off relationship w/ b/c I buy other games), since I am enjoying the living hell out of the Division 2 Open Beta here. This Beta's awesome from the jump. The cover-based style combat and looting feels great; and all of the missions and levels feel really well designed here.

I've been solo'ing missions so far pretty much. I really got nothing to complain about w/ Div 2 Open Beta, except my usual MysterD complaint for these MMO-lite games: where the hell is an additional offline mode? ;)

What is your deal with always clamoring for an offline mode, followed by a smarmy smirk.   I don't get it.  That's against the developers' (or artists') intended game design.  These are multiplayer games where you need a group in to clear dungeons and do other endgame activities.  Why is that a weird hang-up of yours?

What is your deal with always clamoring for an offline mode, followed by a smarmy smirk. I don't get it. That's against the developers' (or artists') intended game design. These are multiplayer games where you need a group in to clear dungeons and do other endgame activities. Why is that a weird hang-up of yours?
Eh, I think the clamoring for an offline mode is more just seeing it as a thing that he values and the sort of direction that he'd be more willing to "vote with his dollars" for, given the mentions of nearly full price stuff on GOG.
We've already been through several pages long discussions dense with giant blocks of text about the disdain for the move towards "Always on" design along with the well documented general distaste for DRM in pretty much any form.

The "smarmy smirk" is just him owning it and being cognizant that this is a well-beaten dead-horse... a self-aware jab at his own reputation.

But I thought we were talking about alcohol snobbery and hipster condiment concoctions like chipotle allioli.

What is your deal with always clamoring for an offline mode, followed by a smarmy smirk. I don't get it. That's against the developers' (or artists') intended game design. These are multiplayer games where you need a group in to clear dungeons and do other endgame activities. Why is that a weird hang-up of yours?
Hey, developers keep cramming crappy multiplayer modes into games designed around offline single player, why not the other way around?

tbh i think disdain of mmo lite live service experiences is fairly common and not really that much of a "weird hang-up"

Preservation of a game and its actual content, before the plug eventually and inevitably gets pulled.

Now, from what I've played w/ many of these MMO-lites and so-called MMO's on the PC - i.e. Destiny 2, Division 1, Division 2 Open Beta, ESO, The Secret World/Secret World Legends, Diablo 3 PC version - most of the missions that I can go through solo w/out any problems at all, all by myself lone-wolf style. And that for me, is where the actual problem begins for me - b/c it's also still built to solo a lot of the content.

If I can go through the main missions w/out anyone else or can do it fine w/ just bots/AI that is competent - why the heck is this game always online?

Oh, that's right - this is to curb piracy. That's a smart way to kill piracy, but when a game's eventually old and the player numbers die....don't pull the online-only plug and kill the game, rework the game and make it work offline. I don't want to see a lot of these games w/ great content...just disappear; especially if I can solo the main stuff no problem.

Well, then there's also the cheating factor - as it's probably also easier to control cheating by having the game be online-only.

Myst Online got reworked into Myst: Uru expansions, for example.

It's not like I have tons of problems going solo on many missions on these MMO-lite games and MMO's and I am saying: "Well, I guess I do need other players to do the game's main content."

EDIT 2:

Hey, developers keep cramming crappy multiplayer modes into games designed around offline single player, why not the other way around?
No doubt, a lot more AAA games are being designed w/ the game being able to be play the campaign either solo or co-op - whether it's online-only or optional to play offline/online.

And I'm cool w/ games like Diablo 2 PC; Borderlands 1+2+Pre-Sequel; Far Cry 4+5+ND; and GR: Wildlands - as they all allow for online/offline play; take your pick.

It's when a good deal of game can be played solo or with AI, I begin to question: "Is this really a multiplayer game?" If it's just a few raids, missions, and/or whatnot they have to be done w/ real live players - then the game should be allowed to be played offline and those missions can connect when you get there on the map or select a MP-required mission.

EDIT 1:

Eh, I think the clamoring for an offline mode is more just seeing it as a thing that he values and the sort of direction that he'd be more willing to "vote with his dollars" for, given the mentions of nearly full price stuff on GOG.

We've already been through several pages long discussions dense with giant blocks of text about the disdain for the move towards "Always on" design along with the well documented general distaste for DRM in pretty much any form.

The "smarmy smirk" is just him owning it and being cognizant that this is a well-beaten dead-horse... a self-aware jab at his own reputation.
Bingo.

Bingo.

I don't understand what that has to do with buying a division 2 key for cheap.
Since Massive jumped ship from Steam to Epic "exclusive" (except not since you can buy through Ubi), the joke is to wait for Epic's finances to falter when Fortnite gets dethroned and they'll have to start going fire sale on their game store.

You can get a Div2 key off the eBays for $12 but you need to have a current gen Ryzen 5 or 7 processor to activate it. Or know someone else who does and can help you out. Note that it seems like the more codes someone activates on a device, the more likely they are to get flagged and cause troubles down the line. A number of people here had issues with activated promo cards that were ultimately resolved but with more effort and headaches than you'd want. I mean, no regrets still about the $15 Div2 but it could have gone smoother.

Nice, I was thinking of starting Tyranny today and the dlc is on sale through steam, what a coincidence. Was gonna play it w/out the dlc as the dlc got mediocre reviews, but i don't have impulse control so here we are

I mean I would love to have a simple offline mode for this game when there comes a time when the plug is pulled, let's be honest these games will not have servers forever I still want to see how long bungie keeps the servers going for the vanilla Destiny on PS3 and X360

Multi-player is almost always a cloak for otherwise shallow/weak content and design.  'OMG SO FUN WITH FRIENDS!'  Everything is more fun with friends.  Anyway, I can appreciate why someone would want some kind of fleshed out single player mode.  I really don't have the time/effort to coordinate with groups of people for gaming anymore.  Been there, done that.  The problem is you have a lot of coop games these days that go over-and-above the past pick-up-and-play method (think L4D) and now have unlocks, perks, leveling, etc (think Vermintide, Derp Rock Galactic, Derpvision, etc.).  So while you might be skilled enough to play on a certain level, you can't participate in it because of artificial grinding installed in the game.

There are better ways to add longevity to these new MMO-lite games such as randomized loot, cosmetics, etc.  But... yeah... I don't know if I speak for MysterD but my problem is that coop games have been pushed too close to the MMO-genre over the last several years.*

* Which actually makes sense coming from a developer/publisher standpoint.  Subscription-based MMOs are becoming a thing of the past.  So, instead of calling something an MMO you simply give it MMO qualities and cram it full of microtransactions/DLC.

If you're too delicate to handle anything but light-hearted food talk, then don't click. I don't want to offend your sensibilities with actual video game discussion.

You're conveniently ignoring that group play is a major component of these games. They wouldn't be the same games without it, or anything resembling them. You're simply ignoring the massive amount of multiplayer content. Have you done the raids in Destiny? Have you done the D1 Iron Banner weeks or The Trials of Osiris? Have you grouped up to farm the Dark Zone or done Incursions in the Division? These are the best parts of the games to many people and you're conveniently wearing horse blinders and acting like the multiplayer component doesn't need to exist.

It's just weird to hear this coming from someone in the PC community. Not like you're paying for PS+ or anything. It is absolutely weird when people evaluate these games while ignoring their multiplayer aspects. Most people here even got the Division and Destiny included in the their monthly subscriptions and got to experience much of what they have to offer without even investing in them. If you don't play it, then you didn't play it. If you don't like it then fine. But the game doesn't need to come meet you halfway; they are designed for you to come meet them where they are, and the barrier to entry (or startup) isn't difficult either.

It's like complaining when RDR:2 or GTA5 added gigantic online modes to their games that were already massive game experiences with exceptional value for $60 msrp. It's like okay, maybe the game just isn't for you? That's okay. I'm not trying to use these two as my main examples though, bc they were entirely single-player games before online content was added later.

I dunno, it's odd to see people ragging on games they received in their monthlies, or games they wouldn't spend 10 bucks on, play them for a couple of hours maybe, and then declare that they aren't great, or that they should be changed. These are some of the best games in history that other people adore. They don't need to be changed just bc it's not your cup o tea. Even FF14, one of the best subscription mmorpgs out there still fits the bill you're describing where ~85% of it can be played solo. However, it's still an mmorpg. One that millions of people happily pay $13/mo. to play because it's excellent.

It is weird to say "these MMOs should not be online". That's the only reason people continue to play them after finishing the campaign. People only continue playing these games, and discussing them, exactly because they are MMOs. That's how they remain relevant. It's why people play them for years. It's in their DNA. It's their identity.

Diablo 3 was a complete disaster though, I'll agree with you there. Definitely one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history and a lot of that had to do with implementation of the Real Money Auction House. Now that was shoehorning online aspects into a game that had no reason to exist except to make money.

I mean I would love to have a simple offline mode for this game when there comes a time when the plug is pulled, let's be honest these games will not have servers forever I still want to see how long bungie keeps the servers going for the vanilla Destiny on PS3 and X360
Except the games in question are not "games designed around offline singleplayer". There is no way to do a "simple offline mode" for the games we are discussing. The whole premise is off. We're not talking about Bioshock 1&2 multiplayer here.

He is playing MMOs (MMO-lites, loot shooters, shared-world shooters, w/e the heck you want to call it, because they are often the best games) and then going "I don't like the multiplayer and online aspects". Then "these games should be offline". Well no, they shouldn't.

There are plenty of other single-player RPGs and campaign shooters out there to play instead. There is Pillars of Eternity, Divinity, Yakuzas, and then Doom, Metro Exodus, Wolfenstein, Prey, etc. Loot shooters work best online. It's why Borderlands 2 didn't have the longevity of modern loot shooters, Most people didn't pay (much) for its DLC either.

Having 5000 terabytes of storage and wanting all of your games to be offline singleplayer is definitely a weird hang-up, especially for a PC gamer. There is even way to do those things and it's called buying cartridges or discs and being a console gamer.

If I didn't like shared-world loot shooters then I wouldn't play them. I wouldn't tell the artists or other art enthusiasts that they should have created the core gameplay loops differently.

tl;dr highlight the first section of each reply.

bread's done
Back