Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
anyone know how long it takes for the AMD bundle codes to show up? shruggie dude hooked me up but it still says the codes are unavailable on the rewards page. I just wanna play Division 2  :cry:  

anyone know how long it takes for the AMD bundle codes to show up? shruggie dude hooked me up but it still says the codes are unavailable on the rewards page. I just wanna play Division 2 :cry:
Mine showed up last night. I got an email too. Preload and ready for tonight. fucken hyped.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

First time doing a Ryzen build and I'm impressed.. my $150 AR combo of a 1700 & cheap b350m board clocks 4.1 stable.  Guess I'm less of an Intel guy and more neutral now.

To my question: Does the AMD Div2 code activate on a 1700 or is it 2000 series only?

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know how long it takes for the AMD bundle codes to show up? shruggie dude hooked me up but it still says the codes are unavailable on the rewards page. I just wanna play Division 2 :cry:
That's me!

I imagine you should be getting them soon.

So, let's assume I'm too lazy to go read up on Derpvision 2 (I am) and never played Derpvision 1.  What do I need to know as far as basics?  Are there 'classes' or anything?

You hear anything about how the ballistic shield compares to Div 1?

I used the ballistic shield a ton in Division 1, especially once I could use an SMG with it.
I had early luck with the SMG variant but gave up on it as it didn't last long... My Skill power is always horribly low though.

Normal version last much longer, obviously as it has more hit points, but side arm only is pretty rough in my opinion.

Its certainly not as strong as the end game Shield build from Div1.

So, let's assume I'm too lazy to go read up on Derpvision 2 (I am) and never played Derpvision 1. What do I need to know as far as basics? Are there 'classes' or anything?
Enjoy the story, stop and smell the roses, but get up to max level as fast as you can. Because all that time you spend dicking around with optimizing equipment is pointless once you've reached the level cap.

It's another Ubisoft map vomit game so just try and do the stuff that gives you the most experience. Which is mostly the main missions and the side missions, along with anything else you need to do to get ability points. You can't really go into missions underleveled; you'd just be getting carried. Mostly you want to do stuff is that exactly your level. You might as well grab the +exp abilities with your early points too. Save your crafting materials along the way, and start making note of the crafting material routes and spots, as you will use a ton of them throughout your game. Break down your old weapons and armor for crafting components.

Are there perks or specs?  I'm assuming if so you can respec?  I guess what I really want to know is, for grouping purposes, does it matter how you build your character (if, in fact, that can be done)?

Enjoy the story, stop and smell the roses, but get up to max level as fast as you can. Because all that time you spend dicking around with optimizing equipment is entirely pointless once you reach the level cap.

It's another Ubisoft map vomit game so just try and do the stuff that gives you the most experience. Which is mostly the main missions and the side missions, along with anything else you need to do to get ability points. You can't really go into missions underleveled; you'd just be getting carried. Mostly you want to do stuff is that exactly your level. You might as well grab the +exp abilities with your early points too. Save your crafting materials along the way, and start making note of the crafting material routes and spots, as you will use a ton of them throughout your game. Break down your old weapons and armor for crafting components.
Damn. Who hurt you?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Are there perks or specs? I'm assuming if so you can respec? I guess what I really want to know is, for grouping purposes, does it matter how you build your character (if, in fact, that can be done)?
The specs are all in the outfitting, guns/backpacks/gloves/etc all give stats. The perks are via your unlocks of option Q/E things, so stuff like healing drones, turrets, tracking bombs, etc. You can fully unlock all of them and swap between what you want though, of course dependant on what unlocks you have since you have to have earned enough to unlock them

Are there perks or specs? I'm assuming if so you can respec? I guess what I really want to know is, for grouping purposes, does it matter how you build your character (if, in fact, that can be done)?
Don't worry about the way you spend your ability points. You'll get it all eventually.

Your build will be based around the weapons and armor you have equipped. There are lots of different +damage, +healing, +armor, +skillpower, and set bonuses on equipment. So start paying attention to their tooltips. It's all interchangable.

There's perks although, if it's anything like Div 1, by the time you hit the end game you'll have the whole perk catalog filled.

There's general "class" archetypes (sniper, gadgets, assault, etc) but they're via your gear rather than your character traits. So for one group you maybe put on your assault gear, for another group your medic/support loadout. It's not something you worry about until you hit level 30 - World Tier 5; up until then it's just wearing the best you have and making due.

In full groups I would be tempted to use skills I wouldn't really need as you likely only need so much healing but I wouldn't worry about such stuff till endgame. For starters I would grab the turret first, chem launcher (heal) second. In the SHD cache stuff you'll want to unlock extra armor kits and grenades sooner than later. If you're not struggling to survive I recommend getting the XP bonus unlocked sooner than later too. Its not hard to rack up an extra 1000 or so exp after one encounter... And that stuff adds up quickly enough.

TenCent stealing all your data!
Aren't they just taking Public Steam data? If it was anything else such as passwords then I would complain.
Heck they most likely already gather any public profile data already.

After they allowed an option to connect your Steam friends to Fortnite I assumed this was going to happen.

Aren't they just taking Public Steam data? If it was anything else such as passwords then I would complain.
Heck they most likely already gather any public profile data already.

After they allowed an option to connect your Steam friends to Fortnite I assumed this was going to happen.
This person says it also looks around System Certificates and cookies.

Just a heads up to anyone interested it appears Dead or Alive 6 just added their free Core Fighters version of the game.  You get access to Kasumi, Hitomi, Bass and Diego and supposedly they'll be rotating characters out over time.

Just a heads up to anyone interested it appears Dead or Alive 6 just added their free Core Fighters version of the game. You get access to Kasumi, Hitomi, Bass and Diego and supposedly they'll be rotating characters out over time.
Not sure about Steam, but it's 30GB for the free version on Xbox. Didn't feel like taking up that much space for something I'd play maybe twice

There's a pretty bad bug in the Div 2 right now, I don't know if its just at high levels or if it was just introduced last night, but any skill that has a cooldown...  turret, mine, drone, etc. will deploy but quickly disappear.  Its not consistent.  So yeah, healing chem launcher as for skill is my recommendation now.

So I assume someone already mention MCC is coming to steam.

I was a little curious on what you guys think the price point will be on the game since they will be releasing it A la carte style.

This is my assumption what do you guys think.

Reach will launch with the highest MSRP because it will be reach plus multiplayer. I assume the others will just be campaign and we will receive multiplayer maps free for multiplayer just like they currently do are doing for reach on mcc Xbox.

So my assumption is as follows
Halo Reach $30
Halo 1 $20
Halo 2 $20
Halo 3 $20
Halo 3 odst $15
Halo 4 $20
Total $125: buy complete save 20%

After complete comes out you may get the option to buy just online for $25 and reach will launch standalone for $20

Do you plan to buy? Would you buy at this price point?

I was a little curious on what you guys think the price point will be on the game since they will be releasing it A la carte style.

Reach will launch with the highest MSRP because it will be reach plus multiplayer. I assume the others will just be campaign and we will receive multiplayer maps free for multiplayer just like they currently do are doing for reach on mcc Xbox.

Halo Reach $30
Halo 1 $20
Halo 2 $20
Halo 3 $20
Halo 3 odst $15
Halo 4 $20

After complete comes out you may get the option to buy just online for $25 and reach will launch standalone for $20

Did they announce an A La Carte plan? Looks like it's going to be a single SKU on Steam?

Halo Reach $30
Halo 1 $20
Halo 2 $20
Halo 3 $20
Halo 3 odst $15
Halo 4 $20

I thought it would be 1 item but do it like Tell Tale games rollout of 1 game by 1 but still own all of it

Okay rewatched the announcement they didn't say a la carte. Could have sworn I heard this some where.

Okay so this quote in the announcement article sticks out to me as being a reason this might be a more pick and choose then you have to own all.
each be available for individual purchase within MCC as they become available.
My assumption is it'll some how work like dead or alive core fighters. So each game will be a dlc.

eh, that's my fault. i pulled the trigger on tuesday. a smarter man would've done it much earlier. i would have fakeybro'd, but the deal was to good to pass up... contingent upon me eventually getting the codes.
I cannot fault anyone who waited for a key... Honestly, its the smarter call if you can leave your heart out of it. For me, the heart was very much the guiding factor in this. I took vacation and I've been playing the shit out of it mostly because my time to play normally seem to be so limited anymore. I would have been looking at damn nearly always being behind the power curve...

Anyhow, I just hit level 30... I only have the Capital takeover to do before the end game stuff begins. I still have tons of side missions to do, lots of people aren't at this level... I think my "issue" I've played on a friend's world a bit and did a number of story missions over with him again.

MMC. I don't see them charging 130 bucks... Not even close. Much of the package was released on Xbone for 60 bucks. Anyhow, I'll likely get it too but probably at a discount. I wasn't too bad on XBone. Though I actually preferred SWAT but sucking with keyboard... I don't even want to think about it.

Looks like I made the right call... I would be beyond annoyed at this point.

eh, that's my fault. i pulled the trigger on tuesday. a smarter man would've done it much earlier. i would have fakeybro'd, but the deal was to good to pass up... contingent upon me eventually getting the codes.
Nah, it's just AMD being super shitty with the way they've handled Div 2. I've been following it on Reddit. If you had redeemed last minute you would have gotten it right away, but a lot of people who redeemed earlier haven't gotten it. And it's not just the same people who had issues with RE2 or DMC 5. It's pretty awful. They say they're working on it, but RE2 took like 3 weeks to get my key so I don't have high hopes.

Whoever runs the AMD Rewards and promotions dept deserves to have their coffee shit in

every day for the foreseeable future.

bread's done
Back