Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I have my doubts about the quality of the Konami releases too, but they seem to be trying to make this a bigger deal and announced it well ahead of release so I am hoping they put real effort in since it is relatively easy money if it sells well and might mean more packages in the future.  I'm not preordering them though.  

Quality and Fortnite don't go in the same sentence.

Any-hooo. Considering I rarely buy games within the first year of launch then I can't say this affects me much overall. Unless Humble starts only giving Epic keys.
Coming soon to Humble...

Humble Epic Already Given Away for Free Bundle

$1 - Super Meat Boy, Slime Rancher, Oxenfree

BTA - Thimbleweed Park, Subnautica, The Jackbox Party Pack 1

$15 - What Remains of Edith Finch, Axiom Verge

I've been playing Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition. Better treatment than I'd expect it to get from Konami anyway, especially after the PS3/360 collection.

http://www.enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
I loved Silent Hill 1 on the PSX (only one I played on consoles); and SH2 PC - my two favorite SH games.

SH3 was pretty good. Didn't like that as much as the other first two SH's though.

I liked SH4, but not as much as even SH3.

SH: Homecoming was good - but still, not on the level of the first two SH games for me; and also SH3.

For me, for the SH games that I've played, it looks like this:

SH2 & SH1 > SH3 > SH: HC > SH4: The Room.

That SH2: Enhanced mod sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing that! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to edit a post and somehow delete it entirely instead.  Not sure how I did that.  Anyway, you are not missing much on the Beyond Two Souls/Heavy Rain front.  

Do you prefer any of those two over Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy?
Eh maybe Heavy Rain in some ways. It makes more sense and obviously looks a lot better but none of these games have the wow factor that Fahrenheit did when it was new. I didn't care for Beyond but that one has such mixed reviews, some people say it is the best and some think it is the worst. I like both of the others better than it.

https://www.pcgamer.com/report-walmart-is-exploring-its-own-game-streaming-service/

Report: Walmart is exploring its own game streaming service
US retail giant may follow in the footsteps of Google's Stadia.

Walmart has been in discussions with developers and publishers about its own game streaming service, a new US Gamer report suggests.

According to "multiple" anonymous sources speaking to the site, the US retail giant has conducted meetings concerning a possible streaming platform throughout 2019, and at this year's GDC, which is currently underway in San Francisco.

While no further concrete details are currently available, it's in keeping with the retailer's ongoing move into the digital space, offering web-integrated services in a bid to compete with the Amazon behemoth. The company even explored the possibility of a Netflix-style TV streaming service before abandoning it in favour of expanding its pay-per-view Vudu service.
Streaming is the new client/launcher, which is the new Fortnite, which is the new PUBG, which is the new VR, which is the new procedurally generated roguelike, which is the new mobile reboot of an old franchise, which is the new preorder DLC, which is the new loot box, which is the new Five Nights at Freddy's clone...

Wal-Mart would be better off going after TV streaming... VUDU is already a solid platform for owning movies/tv series. They really know next to nothing about video games and whatnot.

More Epic exclusives, don't see anything I care about so no loss there. I did read that Ubisoft is looking towards doing more exclusive games on Epic, but, again, with the exception of the Division I have a huge backlog of games from all their series to play so not seeing them on Steam means I won't feel the need to buy them just to complete the set. So that could be a win.

Still a shitty concept but I'm not going to get up in arms over crap games like Heavy Rain. Something I wouldn't touch for the gameplay, though I thought the control scheme was at least novel, and the story that I wouldn't make 5 chapters of I was to read it.

Do you prefer any of those two over Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy?
Of all of Quantic's stuff I've only played Heavy Rain, but I liked it enough to be willing to give the other stuff a fair shake. I've had Fahrenheit backlogged for a while, but I'll give Beyond and Detroit a shot when they come to PC. Or maybe I'll buy a PS4 at some point. I've vacillated for a while on whether that's something I feel like doing. Now that the next generation of consoles is on its way, that might be a bit pointless anyway.

I started playing Cognition last night and I had a Heavy Rain flashback with the Cain Killer in the prologue.

Wal-Mart would be better off going after TV streaming... VUDU is already a solid platform for owning movies/tv series. They really know next to nothing about video games and whatnot.
Your argument is a little strange; I'd say keep an open mind at this point. I'm not a fan of the idea of game streaming in general, but, as you point out, VUDU is a surprisingly-solid competitor in the realm of "video stores," so with the Bentonville juggernaut behind it, perhaps this idea can be the start of something good.

Your argument is a little strange; I'd say keep an open mind at this point. I'm not a fan of the idea of game streaming in general, but, as you point out, VUDU is a surprisingly-solid competitor in the realm of "video stores," so with the Bentonville juggernaut behind it, perhaps this idea can be the start of something good.
I've worked for the company... The only way they could do something like that successfully is if the bought it out. Like VUDU.

https://corporate.walmart.com/_news_/news-archive/2010/02/22/walmart-announces-acquisition-of-digital-entertainment-provider-vudu

The company just doesn't have a whole lot of forethought anymore. They chase their competition's innovation instead of looking towards their own... Which I guess they are doing here... but, man, if this idea ever gets to a public release I would be shocked.

Game streaming seems way in the future to me. People still have demand to play demanding, response-sensitive games. There's no indication anything in the future is going to dramatically improve network latency beyond where it is right now: despite many game streaming services being available, they are all completely unplayable. 

When it comes to streaming, video streaming is fine: latency is not an issue there. But gaming just doesn't work. Therefore, the future of gaming is watching other people play games on stream. You can get a top-of-the-line experience with the newest retail-price games running on the newest, most expensive and powerful gaming rigs, alongside an audience of thousands, without any of the frustration of playing the games yourself. 

Want to laugh at me?  I was short of my goal yesterday and in a really bad mood but then I decided to go for it.   Was stuck at rank 37 (out of 40) and all out of weekly quest exp milestones.  Really wanted the damn rank 39 German dress uniform and gas mask.  So I spent 10-11 hours last night trying to grind out 210k experience to get from rank 37 to 39 before the 9-week-long BF V - Tides of War campaign ended at 5am.  These are unique rewards that become unavailable once the event has concluded.  I didn't think I'd be able to do it but halfway through I was at a good pace in regards to exp and time, and had some really fun matches. I ended up being 4800 exp short, and had finally just about made it with one hour to spare.  Then at 4am the servers went down for maintenance.  asdf.  I was able to download the 9gb patch and get back in by 4:20am but couldn't get matchmade with enough people to get a single game in.

It might be time to uninstall. 

battlefield-v-hell.jpg

So with The Witness being the next Epic freebie, it seems that most of the freebies are going to be past Humble Bundle games. I already have that one on Steam, but I do hope that Stardew Valley is a freebie down the line. Wouldn't mind a Ubisoft title or two being involved, but indie titles are much more likely to be featured.

And pretty much the same Ubisoft sale happening on other sites is on Steam now. With the discounts on Watch Dogs 2 following the pattern of The Division, and Watch Dogs 3 rumors abound, I think it might be a future Humble Monthly. And another Square Enix sale, which almost happens every other week.

I wish I could, even in the vaguest definition of the word, trust Sweeney/Epic/their communist overlords owners with my business, but it's too bad that Tim looks like a mix between 80's Jeffrey Combs and those guys that are court ordered to stay no less than 100 yards away from areas where children congregate. You know the ones.
IllUntriedAzurevasesponge-small.gif

Tertiary to the Humble conversation, they added our Switch games (InnerSpace, Next Up Hero) to their store today.

I lump Switch into PC gaming 'cause you can play while another game is queuing.

As always, name the discount, and I'll try to chase it down

I'm using that one.  Was going to go with a cheap cooler and do a custom loop but then realized I'd just put it off forever so I got one of those from Newegg on eBay during one of those 20% off days.  Has been great so far.   Was easy to install.

Anyone here use a 360mm AIO? I don't think I can ignore buying one of these while it's on special: Corsair H150i Pro 360mm $129.99 w/a $20 mail-in-rebate.
I bought a TT 360 Floe last month from a very similar deal ~$109 AR from Fry's. Probably a little overkill but I like it. Aesthetically I like the Floe's block most, although the Corsair software is probably better.

a quick cell phone shot:
[attachment=31980:20190321_183226.jpg]

Quick question. Why are people so mad about Epic getting exclusives?

It's not like some games can only be bought on Origin or the Windows store.

Hell, more games coming to PC, I don't care where to buy them, as long as they are cheap, and if Epic and Steam end up having a price war, that suits me fine.

It's a slight annoyance to have to deal with yet another launcher.

To me the bigger problem is epic throwing fortnite money at developers to get these blood oaths of exclusivity and, in effect, limiting the options available to gamers.  It's not more healthy competition; it's less.

Hell, more games coming to PC, I don't care where to buy them, as long as they are cheap, and if Epic and Steam end up having a price war, that suits me fine.
Exclusives don't promote lower prices. Just the opposite. If one place is your only option to get a thing, they can charge whatever they want or what the demand will bear. No incentive whatsoever to deeply discount content.

Is there anyway to see games by price or year on gog anymore?  I know they used to let you do that before they changed the design.

Thanks for clearing that up Tim!

Besides the great points from DrR0Ck and Gospelman, I would like to add to what they said.

There's also this: the exclusives on Origin and Windows Store are normally not 3rd party stuff. Windows Store games are mostly Microsoft-owned Studios (The Coalition, Turn 10, 343 Industries, etc) and Origin-exclusives are EA-owned studios (BioWare, DICE, etc). These are all 1st party companies - and that stuff is (unfortunately) expected to get people onto their platform, as much as I still don't like the whole exclusivity non-sense that they're pulling here.

Epic's been going after 3rd party companies - like 4A, SuperGiant, Remedy, and Obsidian. Epic don't own any of these studios out-right.

EDIT:

Crossed-out Obsidian. I just remembered, Microsoft recently bought them out...even though Outer Worlds is part of 2K's Private Division publishing label, since that publishing deal happened before Microsoft bought them.

Imagine how dumb you'll feel being tied to still using Epic after they stop giving away free stuff and buying exclusives. 

Also, their security is not awesome.  I'm kinda expecting them to show up on haveIbeenpwnd.com sooner rather than later. 

Cause outrage culture. If that's where games are cheaper. That's where I'll buy them. I'm loyal to my pocket and nothing else.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Exclusives don't promote lower prices. Just the opposite. If one place is your only option to get a thing, they can charge whatever they want or what the demand will bear. No incentive whatsoever to deeply discount content.
But aren't a lot of PC games only available on steam? nobody seems to see that as a bad thing.

You can still buy keys from steam or Humble or GMG and a lot of other places. Just because Epic has the exclusive does not mean that you can only buy the game there.... or does it? dunno. I just assumed other places would sell keys like they sell steam keys.

With only one shop to buy it from, there is no cheaper option. There's just the 1 option.
I paid $30 for the ultimate version on Epic store. It was $80 on steam when you could pre-order.

I don't use all of the extra steam features so to me it's no problem buying from another store.

I have no problems with the epic store.

Funny how Steam finally updated it's UI after Epic has begun to get more coverage and exclusives.

I'm a console gamer and have never had problems with exclusives. I'm not a fanboy. I have all the consoles so can play all the game.

This is my personal view and everyone should do what benefits them.

But aren't a lot of PC games only available on steam? nobody seems to see that as a bad thing.

You can still buy keys from steam or Humble or GMG and a lot of other places. Just because Epic has the exclusive does not mean that you can only buy the game there.... or does it? dunno. I just assumed other places would sell keys like they sell steam keys.
Division 2 purchases with activation on Uplay were available via various sites prior to release day (on release it was yanked from all other stores) but that was the exception, generally the Epic exclusive games will only be available for purchase on Epic. They did just make a deal with Humble but we do not know what it will actually mean and I never get pre-orders from there anyway. GMG or Fanatical or somewhere else was always the cheaper route. I am guessing the Humble deal will just mean some of the indies showing up in monthly bundles as Epic keys which will just lead to me pausing.

Division 2 purchases with activation on Uplay were available via various sites prior to release day (on release it was yanked from all other stores) but that was the exception, generally the Epic exclusive games will only be available for purchase on Epic. They did just make a deal with Humble but we do not know what it will actually mean and I never get pre-orders from there anyway. GMG or Fanatical or somewhere else was always the cheaper route. I am guessing the Humble deal will just mean some of the indies showing up in monthly bundles as Epic keys which will just lead to me pausing.
Outer World's can be purchased on the windows store as well.

Well, for me it's like this:

I want some semblance of owning my game and having it accessible far into the future. At this point, Steam has demonstrated longevity and I feel most comfortable buying my games as Steam keys. I've seen plenty of other services come and go.

I like having a sense of community around my game collection, though I realize other social services are catching up and make that a tad less important.

I like Steam Cloud. A lot.

I'm kinda old school in my thinking here: The open nature of Steam is very much in line with what I believe to be best. Valve doesn't care if you sell their keys. I can buy them from whatever shop is currently selling them cheapest. Hell, I've bought very few Steam keys from Steam itself in the last couple of years.

I bristle a little bit at companies like Epic that put in minimal effort, but throw around money to attract their business. Walling off games is very anti-PC. It's bad for the consumer, in the long run, I think.

SENT FROM MY PC AT HOME.

bread's done
Back