Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm up to 11/2020 on Gold and have some months of regular Game Pass left. Seriously debating whether or not I want to max it out before converting, since I won't be getting the new Xbox. But, the big exclusive for MS, Halo Infinite, will probably be out in Winter 2021...

Game Pass right now costs $120 a year, so there's a good chance Ultimate will cost the same. So buying Gold now at ~$45 per year until 6/2022 and then converting saves you well over half the cost already. So if you want to play Infinite without shelling out much cash for it, extending your sub before converting is the most cost-effective way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm up to 11/2020 on Gold and have some months of regular Game Pass left. Seriously debating whether or not I want to max it out before converting, since I won't be getting the new Xbox. But, the big exclusive for MS, Halo Infinite, will probably be out in Winter 2021...

Game Pass right now costs $120 a year, so there's a good chance Ultimate will cost the same. So buying Gold now at ~$45 per year until 6/2022 and then converting saves you well over half the cost already. So if you want to play Infinite without shelling out much cash for it, extending your sub before converting is the most cost-effective way.
I like the way that you think and do math. My favorite part of your post was where you said that you won't be getting the new Xbox since I won't be getting it either. But I thought that I heard them say that Halo Infinite would be playable on Xbox One as well as Project Scarlett during the E3 presentation. Then again, I might have heard wrong since this will probably be my last generation. I don't care about newer hardware since I've barely scratched the surface of the current generation's library.

Just grabbed the Borderlands: Handsome Collection for $5.12 on Steam. I don't know when I'll be able to play it, but I feel better knowing that it's in my library.
Don't forget to add the DLC "Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary" to your library. It's free for owners of Borderlands 2 until July 8th (and once it's added you get to keep it).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/872280/Borderlands_2_Commander_Lilith__the_Fight_for_Sanctuary/

Game Pass right now costs $120 a year
Presumably, once it goes live, it'll be cheaper when purchased in larger time increments like the current services are. Xbox Live Gold is $10/mth or $60/yr.

Edit: I was comparing it to Live Gold but I see that the Xbox Pass (for console) offers no discount for buying in blocks so I guess this won't either. I'll just buy it monthly the once or twice a year when something comes out that I actually care about rather than spending $45 to play stuff I'm only half-interested in for a year.

Between not delivering anything and delivering a complete game on Epic, I think Epic is the better solution. Epic isn't going to let whatever money they pumped into the game be used to pay back unhappy early pre-orders. This is game development, not a ponzi scheme.
I'll use Epic if they bring back a college football game. Looks like Gridiron Champions is the latest Kickstarter game that will never be. I remember reading about it awhile back and checked on its progress with all the kickstarter talk and it seems as if they don't even have one developer yet.

I had my doubts about them being able to make a game since NCAA Football had a ton of developers working on it and had years to make it what it was... glad I didn't actually give any money to it. Kind of agree with the sentiment that the devs aren't necessarily frauds, but really don't realize how much resources they need to make an actual game. In Gridiron Champion's case, there is no way a small team could make the same game EA made, so even if they do meet their goal someday, I doubt the game ever gets made in my lifetime.

Exanima, a game on my Wish List and a few other wish lists around here, is on sale for the first time in like 2 and a half years.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/362490/Exanima/

Also, I got a 50% off coupon for Total War: Warhammer II. (I don't see this a deal but it's free if anyone needs wants it.)
Eww been in early access a bit too long for my liking. Reminds me of wanting Project Zomboid which seems like it is eternally in EA.

I recently resisted completing my Borderlands collection on steam for $5.xx because I'm cheap and felt that all the 0.99 dlc items were bloating the proportion despite already owning both the base games on my account.

Now it looks like a single steam key for the collection is $3 on gmg: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-bundle-pc/?utm_source=Slickdeals%20LLC&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cj&CJEVENT=6192723e8ebf11e983e400cc0a1c0e0b

I guess I'll get it?  Maybe someone could confirm that a single handsome collection key will fill in what I need.  I own:
Borderlands GOTY

Borderlands  GOTY enhanced
Borderlands 2 (missing 50% of dlc)
Borderlands: TPS (missing season pass / all dlc)

I recently resisted completing my Borderlands collection on steam for $5.xx because I'm cheap and felt that all the 0.99 dlc items were bloating the proportion despite already owning both the base games on my account.

Now it looks like a single steam key for the collection is $3 on gmg: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-bundle-pc/?utm_source=Slickdeals%20LLC&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cj&CJEVENT=6192723e8ebf11e983e400cc0a1c0e0b

I guess I'll get it? Maybe someone could confirm that a single handsome collection key will fill in what I need. I own:
Borderlands GOTY

Borderlands GOTY enhanced
Borderlands 2 (missing 50% of dlc)
The Handsome Collection will fill in what you're missing, it's only missing Borderlands 1 and the new (currently free on Steam) Borderlands 2 DLC Commander Lilith

I'm so cheap, I'm still debating.  I could just use those $4ish steambuckos to BL3 when it finally releases.  The question is do I really see myself playing BL: TPS and the few BL2 headhunter DLC I'm missing that much before next April?

Already confirmed for Winter 2020.
Oh, so I'm all set then. Thanks.

I'm so cheap, I'm still debating. I could just use those $4ish steambuckos to BL3 when it finally releases. The question is do I really see myself playing BL: TPS and the few BL2 headhunter DLC I'm missing that much before next April?
TPS is underrated. The voice acting and story are good, and the locations are decent. Combat is mostly the same as BL2, except it adds on Cryo damage (you can freeze shit), BOOSTERS so you can jump further and travel faster, and cool zero gravity mechanics. It's impossible for me to believe that people who liked BL2 can have legitimate gripes about TPS, unless they're exceptionally stupid and can't manage an oxygen gauge in addition to health and shields.

Headhunter packs for BL2 were all meh except the last one. Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax was actually good. Wam Bam Island is a better map than half of the maps in Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty. The fight is really challenging unless you cheese it with the rocket launcher trick.

tl;dr just get it dude. TPS is good and at least one Headhunter is worth it. April is 10 months away, you have plenty of time to play the games.

Just a heads up that Prey is available to download on PC Gamepass. It was mentioned during E3 but only finally got added within the last 24 hours.
Prey 2017 is awesome and should not be missed.

If anyone is a fan of Bioshock series, System Shock series, Dishonored series, and any of Arkane's other stuff - you cannot go wrong w/ this awesome title.

Now it looks like a single steam key for the collection is $3 on gmg: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-bundle-pc/?utm_source=Slickdeals%20LLC&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cj&CJEVENT=6192723e8ebf11e983e400cc0a1c0e0b

I guess I'll get it? Maybe someone could confirm that a single handsome collection key will fill in what I need. I own:
Borderlands GOTY

Borderlands GOTY enhanced
Borderlands 2 (missing 50% of dlc)
i have a extra handsome collection key u can have

So I've been playing Steep recently, after getting it free from Uplay last month. It feels a lot like The Crew in terms of progression and design, and it's been an enjoyable free roam experience. The world doesn't feel as alive as something like Amped 3, with a bunch of abandoned villages littering the mountainside, instead of active resorts. And getting the Japan map for free (E3 promo) is nice, although the challenges there are quite difficult compared to the Alps.

Prey 2017 is awesome and should not be missed.

If anyone is a fan of Bioshock series, System Shock series, Dishonored series, and any of Arkane's other stuff - you cannot go wrong w/ this awesome title.
Agreed, Prey was great, one of my favorite games I played last year. Wish it would've sold better.

TPS is underrated. The voice acting and story are good, and the locations are decent. Combat is mostly the same as BL2, except it adds on Cryo damage (you can freeze shit), BOOSTERS so you can jump further and travel faster, and cool zero gravity mechanics. It's impossible for me to believe that people who liked BL2 can have legitimate gripes about TPS, unless they're exceptionally stupid and can't manage an oxygen gauge in addition to health and shields.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

TPS is worth it at its current bundled price but I wouldn't spend more than $10 on it. The low gravity and stomps were fun but the quests and humor/dialogue were mostly poor and rip your ears off annoying in a few parts. BL2 is easily the better game although I may just be exceptionally stupid.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

TPS is worth it at its current bundled price but I wouldn't spend more than $10 on it. The low gravity and stomps were fun but the quests and humor/dialogue were mostly poor and rip your ears off annoying in a few parts. BL2 is easily the better game although I may just be exceptionally stupid.
You're just exceptionally stupid, since I said that TPS is underrated and didn't make any comparisons between it and BL2 save for the combat. And you also seem to be confusing the poor humor/dialogue and "rip your ears off annoying" (this should be hyphenated) with all the cringe lines Ashly Burch voiced as Tiny Tina--the most annoying character in the entire franchise. Calling everyone "shawty" and stringing random words together before saying butt/badonkadonk/booty is funny to you? Are you 12? You don't seem to appreciate the Australian-style situational irony as comedy in TPS, so now I'm wondering if you need to hear ass-related slang in a high-pitched squeal every minute to be entertained. Would be fitting for your perceived maturity.

It's a humorous Mad Max, set in space with gravity mechanics and fucking lasers. What happened to the guardians from 1? You find out. Who are the villains in 2? You find out. Who is Jack, even? You find out.

TPS is a good game, and it's underrated. But you exceptionally stupid people are entitled to your own opinions. Mooby asked if he should play it, and we both said yes, so that's that.

He was just quoting Billy Madison lol.

You're just exceptionally stupid, since I said that TPS is underrated and didn't make any comparisons between it and BL2 save for the combat. And you also seem to be confusing the poor humor/dialogue and "rip your ears off annoying" (this should be hyphenated) with all the cringe lines Ashly Burch voiced as Tiny Tina--the most annoying character in the entire franchise. Calling everyone "shawty" and stringing random words together before saying butt/badonkadonk/booty is funny to you? Are you 12? You don't seem to appreciate the Australian-style situational irony as comedy in TPS, so now I'm wondering if you need to hear ass-related slang in a high-pitched squeal every minute to be entertained. Would be fitting for your perceived maturity.

It's a humorous Mad Max, set in space with gravity mechanics and fucking lasers. What happened to the guardians from 1? You find out. Who are the villains in 2? You find out. Who is Jack, even? You find out.

TPS is a good game, and it's underrated. But you exceptionally stupid people are entitled to your own opinions. Mooby asked if he should play it, and we both said yes, so that's that.

I'm sure all of the Borderlands are better than the mess and performance-garbage Fallout 76 is putting forth on this  freeweekend. My God, performance is atrocious on FO76.

FO76 is like ESO during No-NDA Beta, running at 1080p at 25-35fps on Medium (GTX 970 desktop) - which wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't having stuttering and other frame-time issues; and if this didn't look graphically worse than FO4.

Meh.

Tiny Tina had a tendency to be grating at times, but I guess the character never bothered me as much as it seems to bother others. Also, if you play through Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, you get to see another side of her that helps round things out a bit.

The strongest writing in the series, in my opinion, was General Knoxx.

But I don't really play any of them for the chatter as I tend to forget all about it when I'm out roaming around destroying the local fauna.

The more I think about it the more and more I'm getting really excited for Baldur's Gate III.  This is the most exciting vg announcement since 2077, for me.  5th edition, in a new BG game, made by Larian Studios.   omg.  I can't wait to play a legit D&D game with Minsc and Boo and pals, have branching dialogues and quest outcomes, save scum unique equipment, acquire weird magical named unique +3 loot, and romance some green skinned lizard lady that betrays me later so that I have to cleave her into exploding little fleshy bits.    

I haven't played Baldur's Gate 2/expansion or Neverwinter Nights in ages. I also haven't played any of the ones trying to be spiritual successors.  I should be ready to play the new one when it comes out.

Because someone saying ' bang tidy ' and ' Ere to elp! ' is so creatively funny. Seriously, google the character Pickle and listen to some of his inane dialogue and then imagine him talking to you constantly throughout about 1/3 of the game. I guess you must have to be highly educated to appreciate a horribly dramatized accent saying the stupidest shit ever.

On top of that the game only has a handful of environments and most of them are just the blue'ish gray of the outdoor moon areas. Good thing you enjoy the floating low gravity because the fast travel stations are so spaced out you're going to be spending a bunch of your time just floaty jumping around in a drab environment getting from A to B, A+ gameplay right there. TPS is rated exactly how it should be and is worth playing only because it is dirt cheap. Claptastic Voyage was much better than the base game.

Also the irony of talking about a 'perceived maturity' is astounding.

The more I think about it the more and more I'm getting really excited for Baldur's Gate III. This is the most exciting vg announcement since 2077, for me. 5th edition, in a new BG game, made by Larian Studios. omg. I can't wait to play a legit D&D game with Minsc and Boo and pals, have branching dialogues and quest outcomes, save scum unique equipment, acquire weird magical named unique +3 loot, and romance some green skinned lizard lady that betrays me later so that I have to cleave her into exploding little fleshy bits.
Celestial Fury ftw. Bah, I'm going to have to get the enhanced versions now.

lol wow

The more I think about it the more and more I'm getting really excited for Baldur's Gate III. This is the most exciting vg announcement since 2077, for me. 5th edition, in a new BG game, made by Larian Studios. omg. I can't wait to play a legit D&D game with Minsc and Boo and pals, have branching dialogues and quest outcomes, save scum unique equipment, acquire weird magical named unique +3 loot, and romance some green skinned lizard lady that betrays me later so that I have to cleave her into exploding little fleshy bits.
I'm so psyched for BG3. Still a bit concerned about Larian's ability to craft a good story and have decent writing and whether that's a good fit for them w/BG (haven't played DOS2 yet, but wasn't impressed by the writing in DOS 1), but really excited overall.

What have I started?

(also happy Anthony Burch is no longer writing for Gearbox but sad Ashley Burch is still voicing Tina)

(also also sort of said that the way the new BL2 DLC was written, particularly Hector, was sort of Burch-ish although he was more like General Knoxx in a sort of meme-ish way).

Anyone have a Steam Controller? See one for $35 at GS, debating picking it up. Wondering if they're any good/worth it.
I started as a console gamer, so it helped me to become more acclimated with PC gaming. However, the controller isn't great for all types of games, so I wouldn't toss your Xbox 360/Xbox One/PS4 controller if you use one of those with certain games. It's more like they should be used in tandem with each other. It also works as a mouse for most other types of PC tasks. So, you can use the controller as a mouse with the touchpad. You can also create custom controls for certain games. I bought mine 4 years ago, and it's been a mainstay for me ever since.

The video on the Steam page is pretty spot-on in its description. Watch it, but I'd pick it up for $35.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/Steam_Controller/

Also, GameStop gift cards are still 10% off at Dollar General until closing time tonight. You could go there, get one of the $25-$500 GameStop gift cards, and save some money on your Steam Controller purchase. Hope this information helps!

I need to play the new dlc.  Also I don't think I ever went back and played the Claptrap DLC for TPS so I guess I need to do that too. I'm sure I'll get around to it soon considering I preordered DMC5 because I was so excited for a new one and still haven't played it.   :roll:

The new DLC is okay.  It mostly just adds an easy way to farm legendaries and pearlescents.  The rainbow weapons are primarily designed to help kill the new raid boss who, in turn, drops stuff to help you through Digistruct Peak OP levels.

I started Metro: Exodus from the Xbox for PC Game Pass earlier today.

Gorgeous-looking game, to say the very least. Technically, it just looks stunning. Nothing surprising, given 4A's pedigree. Runs really well too on my SC15 gaming laptop. Had it on High at 1080p and it was doing 100-120fps. On Extreme at 1080p, it's doing 60-70fps.

Gameplay, survival stuff (replacing filters), gunplay, action, and combat is as visceral and as good as ever, for this franchise.

Storytelling, writing, and narrative already seems good so far too.

I started as a console gamer, so it helped me to become more acclimated with PC gaming. However, the controller isn't great for all types of games, so I wouldn't toss your Xbox 360/Xbox One/PS4 controller if you use one of those with certain games. It's more like they should be used in tandem with each other. It also works as a mouse for most other types of PC tasks. So, you can use the controller as a mouse with the touchpad. You can also create custom controls for certain games. I bought mine 4 years ago, and it's been a mainstay for me ever since.

The video on the Steam page is pretty spot-on in its description. Watch it, but I'd pick it up for $35.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/Steam_Controller/

Also, GameStop gift cards are still 10% off at Dollar General until closing time tonight. You could go there, get one of the $25-$500 GameStop gift cards, and save some money on your Steam Controller purchase. Hope this information helps!
Except your wasting more than that 10% by driving there.....

Anyone else having issues with Steep crashing? As soon as I start it up, it tries to connect to the server and crashes. I haven't found a solution online that works (deleting old saves, updating Windows, etc.)

finally beat assassins creed origins after stopping when it first came out. i hate how they changed the combat to make it more dark souls. i remember in ac 2 the best way to kill a guy was to disarm them and kill them with their own weapon. anyways as an open world game its fine. probably start odyssey after finishing some other games, namely ff xv and bayonetta.

finally beat assassins creed origins after stopping when it first came out. i hate how they changed the combat to make it more dark souls. i remember in ac 2 the best way to kill a guy was to disarm them and kill them with their own weapon. anyways as an open world game its fine. probably start odyssey after finishing some other games, namely ff xv and bayonetta.
Just started FF XV last night as a matter of fact. Great graphics, but I'm hoping that the rest will grow on me.

bread's done
Back