Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Summer Sale 2019 🌞
  • Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 🌙
  • Squidlit 🦑
  • Groove Coaster 🎵
  • Groove Coaster - Namcot Medley 🍒
  • Groove Coaster - VISIONNERZ 👁
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night 🗡 (GMG)
  • Zaccaria Pinball - Clown 2019 Table 🤡
  • Zaccaria Pinball - Fire Mountain 2019 Table 🌋
  • Zaccaria Pinball - Devil Riders 2019 Table 🏍
  • Zaccaria Pinball - Tropical 2019 Table 🏝
  • Zaccaria Pinball - Wood's Queen 2019 Table 👑
  • Miles & Kilo 🐶
  • Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wingdiver the Shooter 🐜
  • Fire Pro Wrestling World - Fire Promoter 💵
  • Fire Pro Wrestling World - New Japan Pro-Wrestling 2018 Wrestler Pack 🐲

Last edited by a moderator:
Game was still every bit as good as I remembered (and Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith was still every bit as awful).
Loved the game, but I couldnt agree more. Felt unfinished and bad design. A shame really as the game is great, and it hooked me up with Souls games, even Lord of the Fallen, Nioh, Ashen (loved it), Surge.

First Steam sale where I didn't buy a thing.  I stopped looking at the site after the second day when the fiasco of an "event" obviously wasn't going to be worth my time.  Last summer, there wasn't much I wanted in the AAA (or even AA) arena but I bought a number of interesting or quirky looking indie titles but I couldn't find anything I wanted this time.

Someone gifted me that Russia Battlegrounds game and we tried it last night.  It was awful.  Just awful.  Shitty sprites and about six repeating sounds in an infinite loop and bad controls and not at all fun to play.  There's amusing low-rent battle royale games out there like Bean Battles or Cuisine Royale that are actually fun for what they are.  This one wasn't worth wasting your time on, much less your money.

Switch Lite looks dumb, there i said it.
Don't those analog sticks apparently start drifting after a while? Good luck replacing/fixing it once your warranty is up. Maybe if it was $50 cheaper, but even with the built-in D-Pad, it looks like you're losing out on far too much to make it worthwhile.

The turquoise one is adorable, though.

Loved the game, but I couldnt agree more. Felt unfinished and bad design. A shame really as the game is great, and it hooked me up with Souls games, even Lord of the Fallen, Nioh, Ashen (loved it), Surge.
Yeah, It's way too linear of an area and devoid of any truly interesting encounters or moments. Bed of Chaos is also the worst boss in the entire game. Most of areas post-Lordvessel are probably too linear to be honest, although for as much criticism as the second half of the game does get, I still really enjoy and appreciate the atmosphere of the Archives and New Londo Ruins.

Also, I should probably give The Surge another shot. Tried it out on Game Pass and didn't really care for it after an hour (level design in particular feels rough and cramped, probably because the Souls series has spoiled me and set the bar too high).

The Switch Lite colorways have been revealed:

caboodles-today-main-collage-180320_b66385a4ba866e691f2d2444bd97848c.fit-760w.jpg

I bought Yakuza 0 and my rationale was that I wanted to support the devs, not cause I honestly think I will play it.  This is what it has come to for me.

I played about 1/2 of it on PS4 and traded it in, I liked it but didn't love it. Hoping being on PC will give me that added enjoyment factor of not having to use the god awful PS4 controller

PS4 controller is the best controller so not sure why you're trying to place the blame there.  The blame lies all on the game which takes like 2 hours to even get going.  10 minute cut scenes - learn how to karaoke - 10 minute cut scenes - learn how to fight

It's just boring.  

Sale Additions to my Steam Backlog of Shame

[SIZE=10pt]Call of Juarez[/SIZE]

Chaos Code - New Sign of Catastrophe

Deep Space Waifu: World

Earth Defense Force 4.1: Wingdiver the Shooter

Escape from Monkey Island

Euro Truck Simulator 2 DLCs - Italia, Heavy Cargo Pack, Special Transport

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate

Goat Simulator DLCs - Payday, Waste of Space

Hentai Crush

Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death

Lucy Got Problems

Metro 2033 Redux

Metro Last Light Redux

Muse Dash

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

Pinball FX3 DLCs - Balls of Glory, Iron & Steel Pack, Core Collection, Walking Dead, Portal

Sexy Jigsaw

Sonic Mania

The Curse of Monkey Island

Received from Steam Summer Racing Event 

[SIZE=10pt]The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter - [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]Pleasantly[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]surprised[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] to get this for free from Steam event. A few years on my wishlist without ever receiving a discount higher than 30%. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Gift Sent[/SIZE]

100% Orange Juice

Received from Steam Summer Racing Event

[SIZE=10pt]The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter [/SIZE]
Not only did you actually win something from the worthless? event.. you also landed one of the best games on steam.

You win, sir.

My haul:
$4 Dark Souls.

I know it's popular to dump on Steam after each sale.

So let's dump on Steam. They so richly deserve it after this wake of a sale.

- Sale event is so convoluted they are forced to backtrack, try to re-explain, simplify, and hand out free shit.

Multitudes of people deleted an enormous number of games from their wishlist in the misunderstanding (A very big deal to developers who see that as a way to keep connected with potential customers). In the end, very little changed... it was still a hot mess.

Changing rules during the game not only reaffirmed their initial stupidity, but angered those that thought the next days' performance spike for non-Corgi teams was dishonest. In the end, it did nothing. Bad PR all around.

- Near zero incentive to interact with anything in the store (other than tiny "challenges" introduced in their attempt to correct course)

After dumping your wishlist and discovering that past achievements gave you more points than you could reasonably ever hope to use, why bother trying to get points by playing games or trying out their featured free-to-play games?

Also... they abandoned the discovery queue that they worked so hard on (you know the one that grew wishlists?).

- Purchase incentives not easy to get.

The five dollar coupons they were handing out were locked behind a laughable 15,000 point wall. Virtually impossible to get unless you'd already spent loads of money on Steam recently. 100 points a day wouldn't even get you close. And if you need to put in that much effort to get a five dollar coupon, I'd hardly call that an economical stimulus. Why so hard? Cause Steam was paying for them. Cheap motherfuckers.

And what else are you going to do with those points? Boost your profile number on a page no one ever sees? Buy ugly emoticons and backdrops?

- Abandoned the card market.

Not that I care a lot, but I'm sure cards were a decent boost in income, not only for Valve, but also for developers that saw a massive boom from people buying cards to complete sets and earn more sale cards. I can only guess there was no similar spike during this sale.

- Mediocre prices.

During the sale, I checked quite a few of my wishlisted games and it wasn't uncommon for them to have been at a lower price sometime in the last year. I think, in a way, it confirms that they don't mind having their games on a deep sale for a few days... just not for nearly two weeks. Steam has got to reconsider their stance on Flash Sales, Daily Sales, or whatever you want to call them, during a major event. Yeah, a bunch of developers are going to get left out, but I think there needs to be a reason to visit the actual store more than once a fortnight.

tl;dr - bad game, bad prices, bad sale

my left over keys, your haul

BTTQK-ECTI4-W590F

9CWPM-CRDWV-I45A6

7JFXM-AFZZH-78FGM

790IV-09XT9-CA8GG

BECMV-TJFF0-NGJ48

L678V-XHABQ-HTZIG

KWLCY-0YX8R-G7Y2A

Its certainly the best Playstation controller ever made... but still crap compared to the last three generations of Xbox controllers.
Nope. Not even close. The only thing XB controller has on the DS4 is connectivity. The joysticks are better on the DS4, feels better in your hands, etc. I own both. I love my Minecraft Creeper controller, but to act like it's vastly superior is just laughable. I will say that the bigger your hands the more you'll lean towards the XB controllers.

I ended up buying stuff after complaining there was nothing I wanted because I always do that.  More importantly though, before the sale I was gifted Jurassic World Evolution by a kind person from here; and during the sale I was gifted Bloody Spell after I saw it mentioned in one of the reddit steam sale threads and expressed interest in it on a discord.  Nobody had heard of it or played it but after some digging and watching streamers playing it, a friend bought a copy for himself and also for me, so those two games are currently at the top of my list of games to play.  

Sorry Inmate, I genuinely meant to fire up Death's Gambit and give you an opinion on it but then I genuinely meant to play it when I bought it months ago too, so... maybe before the next sale?   I did install it though, that is a start..

Now for the stuff I bought myself and therefore will never play:

I picked up a few bits of DLC for games I already had and the DLC for Kingdom Come Deliverance because of the monthly bundle.

868-Hack which matched its all time low and doesn't go on sale that often.

I finally bit the bullet on Touhou Genso Wanderer -Reloaded-,  a rogue-like that has a lot of mechanics that sound interesting and is compared favorably in some ways to the Shiren games which are wonderful (and need to be on Steam) but which also has one quality I strongly dislike (all characters/monsters are girls... I like some monster variety)  but ultimately I decided if I liked the mechanics I'd play it enough that the monsters would blend into the background.  After a couple hundred hours running into a Balrog in Angband does lose the wow factor anyway.  If it annoys the shit out of me it can be my stupid purchase of the year month last few days.

Been meaning to play the Trails in the Sky series for ages so I picked up TiTS 3 and vowed to actually play the damn games.  Same with Banner Saga 3.

I also picked up TouHou Makuka Sai ~ Fantastic Danmaku Festival, a shmup that I do not already own elsewhere so it will actually get played soon enough that I'll know if I want to get the sequel in the next sale.  I picked up a few cheap games that actually seemed to be well-received like Bean Battles, Mushroom Quest, Neo Neo, Feral Fury and that dog golf game because why the hell not.  Tee Time Golf was a whim purchase because people were comparing it to another casual golf game that I had a lot of dumb fun with so again why not.

Monolith I recently played and liked it a lot so it was a no-brainer, Flood of Light and Lethis - Path of Progress have been in my cart the last four or five sales and I keep not buying either because they seem like interesting but flawed games, I decided this time to just buy them and satisfy my curiosity.  Soda Girls, Strike Vector EX, A Good Snowman is Hard to Build and Recursed were similar, tired of waiting for bundles and would buy them eventually anyway.    Psycho Starship Rampage just looked weird enough for me to want to try it.  

Neoverse because nitro = bad influence, Everspace because it seemed like the right price plus you can only be told "get it get it get it" so many times before spending the gabenbux is just easier than getting stupid Discord notifications, Heat Signature because I've watched it for a while and it was in one of those "complete the bundle" packages that dropped it low enough for me to not care if it ended up being in the next Monthly or something, GRIDD: Retroenhanced because I'm pretty sure it will let me relive that time in my early twenties when I stayed up watching a Miami Vice Marathon for way too long while on a trip to another plane, it changed me man.  Either that or because I am a sucker for that a game that looks like someone wanted to make it in the 80s but the technology wasn't there just yet and still they never gave up and finally here it is.  It looks neat.  

Might have bought something else, that is all I can think of.  Oh... Gris, Along the Edge and Ghost of a Tale from Nuuvem.  Gris is another game I wanted to fakey but decided to wait on a bundle then caved anyway and bought it and will now play it sometime after it gets bundled.  

At the end of the day?  If I didn't often suffer from insomnia I probably wouldn't have bought anything.  

https://youtu.be/CGtf9QfITQw

And yes I have work I should be doing but don't want to do so I decided to make a toaster-length post about my Steam purchases instead.  

Nope. Not even close. The only thing XB controller has on the DS4 is connectivity. The joysticks are better on the DS4, feels better in your hands, etc. I own both. I love my Minecraft Creeper controller, but to act like it's vastly superior is just laughable. I will say that the bigger your hands the more you'll lean towards the XB controllers.
You own both? Wow, that's really freaking amazing as I do too. Unbelievable, huh?

Also own every DS since the first, own the orginal PS controller that didn't have analog stocks... and on the Xbox side *shrug* I own them all too.

Anyhow, if you go look at the history of Sony's design you'll see its inclusion of analog sticks was an afterthought and they just stuck them on there without any redesign. Redesigns came slowly and frankly I wouldn't say it got good till PS4. Hell, I couldn't even play Demon Soul's for longer than a week because of the physical pain of holding the controller... (I could play Uncharted 2/3 MP for hours at a time... but the sticks where just too close and it was easy for thumbs to bump.)

Xbox on the other side thought analog first, it's clear as day in their design, and the controller is far more comfortable for it... It being the primary input in this day and age in gaming.

As for hand size it's quite possible it matters. I can palm a basketball afterall.

welp, with the Torchlight giveaway on EGS i now have it on 3 launchers. and next week i can add Limbo to that list. yay for redundancy, i guess?

For the one or two of you who may care it looks like Spiders' new RPG GreedFall is set to release September 10th.  They're the company who made Mars: War Logs, Bound By Flame and The Technomancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5F5B9VtLik

Looks neat.  I like that they're going with a different style and setting than their previous works.

You own both? Wow, that's really freaking amazing as I do too. Unbelievable, huh?

Also own every DS since the first, own the orginal PS controller that didn't have analog stocks... and on the Xbox side *shrug* I own them all too.

Anyhow, if you go look at the history of Sony's design you'll see its inclusion of analog sticks was an afterthought and they just stuck them on there without any redesign. Redesigns came slowly and frankly I wouldn't say it got good till PS4. Hell, I couldn't even play Demon Soul's for longer than a week because of the physical pain of holding the controller... (I could play Uncharted 2/3 MP for hours at a time... but the sticks where just too close and it was easy for thumbs to bump.)

Xbox on the other side thought analog first, it's clear as day in their design, and the controller is far more comfortable for it... It being the primary input in this day and age in gaming.

As for hand size it's quite possible it matters. I can palm a basketball afterall.
Goodness, people get so touchy nowadays. No need to be a snowflake about it. I mentioned owning both not to imply anything about anyone else, but merely to emphasize that I'm talking from experience and not just being a Sony fanboy. They are both good controllers. I like them both. I just said that hand size is probably a factor so you're just confirming it. You have big hands so the XB controllers feel better for you. You can't say anything about the early PS controller designs when the original Xbox controller was the freaking duke. The world's ugliest, most uncomfortable controller.

And your gripe about the analog sticks isn't about the analog sticks - it's about the spacing. DS4 has better analog sticks. I do think the spacing on the XB controllers feels more comfortable/natural, but I've never had any issues or pain using a PS controller.

For the one or two of you who may care it looks like Spiders' new RPG GreedFall is set to release September 10th. They're the company who made Mars: War Logs, Bound By Flame and The Technomancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5F5B9VtLik

Looks neat. I like that they're going with a different style and setting than their previous works.
I was impressed with it during the E3 2019 gameplay previews/interviews. One of my sleeper picks from that show.

Mars: War Logs felt like they were on their way and almost there, but still just lacked something in execution somewhere (stilted writing; not as much production values of other AAA's; all over the place voice-acting; too much back-tracking; etc.)

I hope this Greedfall is the Spiders game that finally reaches greatness.

I don't think I've had big gripes or anything about controllers from the major players in over a decade.  They're all fine. 

The only thing that kinda weirds me out is when people buy $200+ custom Scuf controllers or find ways of using KB&M for playing competitive FPS on their consoles in order to dominate the competition. At that point I'm like why didn't you just invest in your PC?

Chrono has Monster Hunter World for $28.

https://www.chrono.gg/

Since I remember seeing someone got it during the sale and I don't know how much it was at the time.  ITAD seems to indicate it's an all time low.

Speaking of Monster Hunter, the digital deluxe edition is currently about ~$25 on Humble if you have the 20% monthly discount. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/monster-hunter-world-deluxe-edition?

I'm super tempted, but I have a feeling it's going to be a monthly headliner, perhaps to sell some copies before the expansion drops?

EDIT: It's actually cheaper than the base game, so very likely a price mistake.

I can, too, and I gravitate towards smaller controllers. The GameCube pad, pre-analog Playstation pad, and DS4 are the most comfortable gamepads for my money, and I much prefer analog sticks to be level rather than offset.

Disclaimer: I haven’t tried the Duke or Xbone controllers, though I’ve used the 2nd gen original Xbox pad and 360 pad extensively.

yeah you don't want to be paying anywhere near those prices for Monster Hunter right now with the expansion ( + full game) coming out on Sept. 6. 

I realize there is no release date for PC yet, but still.  The OG version is heading to the clearance scrap heap.   

Speaking of Monster Hunter, the digital deluxe edition is currently about ~$25 on Humble if you have the 20% monthly discount. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/monster-hunter-world-deluxe-edition?

I'm super tempted, but I have a feeling it's going to be a monthly headliner, perhaps to sell some copies before the expansion drops?

EDIT: It's actually cheaper than the base game, so very likely a price mistake.
meh....I've been playing it on XBONE 1 DOLLA GAME PASS......TRUTH!!!!!!! GABEN WHERZ MY $1 MONSTA HUNTER FOR PC?????

It’s worth noting that the launch price points for Monster Hunter World Iceborne and the base game + expansion bundle are $40 and $60 on console, respectively, so unless you’re planning to play immediately and/or are going to wait for Iceborne to drop in price before grabbing it, anything over $20 for the base game probably isn’t worth it.

My Steam summer sale haul can be summarized as unnecessary DLC patches that should be provided for free, FPS throwbacks and some random cheap stuff I got with the 5 off points value. I was mainly trying to get some VNs I hadn't bought yet that I wanted to before. I've already beaten Neoverse a few times. Giving my rants before but it's a good game that's not quite up to Slay The Spire's greatness. Still a very solid similar game that I will likely play more on full release.

NEKOPARA Vol.1 - 18+ Adult Only Content
NEKOPARA Vol.2 - 18+ Adult Only Content
NEKO-NIN exHeart - 18+ Adult Only Content
KARAKARA - 18+ Adult Only Content
KARAKARA2 - 18+ Adult Only Content
Endless Jade Sea -Midori no Umi- 
Project Warlock 
Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!!
If My Heart Had Wings -Flight Diary- - New Wings: Akari
NEKOPARA Vol. 3 - 18+ Adult Only Content
Tricolour Lovestory Cosplay Album
Fox Hime Cosplay Album