Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Finished up all quests in the Emerald Vale last night.  I'm really enjoying The Outer Worlds so far.  It's not perfect; but it's exactly what the doctor ordered.  I thought the size of the world in the first segment was ideal.  We'll see what the future areas bring.  I haven't been spending any skill points in melee or ranged attacks, but I've finally gotten into the swing of things with Tinkering (leveling) all of my weapons at the workbench.  Keeping them upgraded actually increases your damage whereas skill points spent on weapon skills merely add crit.  Plus the weapon mod drops are beginning to flow.  It's cool that you can take weapons with you for awhile. 

I'm going to continue putting almost all of my skill points into Dialog, Tech, and Stealth.  Upgrading stealth first caused me to not need any lockpicking reagents about two levels ago.  The persuade/lie/intimidate and medical/science/engineering unlock all of the extra dialog options and therefore bonus exp. So they seem best.  My upgraded plasma cutter sword has been cutting through every fleshy thing with ease.  Some of the guns don't even seem like they're any use at all.  So I still haven't felt the need to put any skill points into melee weapons or ranged weapons.  Going to keep rolling with that bc there's no sign of skill requirements for weapon equipping so far.  The Tinkering adds damage to your weapons so better to go with that.  Everything dies in a couple swings of the burny sword, or a couple swings of the electric spear or baton if its mechanical.  The 'science' weapons are probably going to be pretty fun later on too. 

The biggest hindrance so far has been carrying weight.  Pack Mule is an essential first perk.  I finally unlocked a single storage bin in my ship so hopefully that alleviates this issue.  But it's the same old story with having to micromanage your inventory.  First rule: only one of each gun; break down or store the rest.  Get the weapon /armor -decay perk, and consider leveling your Tech (engineering) for equipment repairs.  The animal carcasses weigh a lot too.  I still haven't figured out if there's any use for all of these unique items classified as "junk" that seem like they might have uses later on based on their info and low selling prices. 

Game is awesome.  There's just enough dialogue and reading to build the world without being overwhelmed by it.  Glad to have a new first-person RPG on PC.  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Plays well on PC, too. Gunplay is much smoother than the Fallout games. I have it on Game Pass so I tried out the XboneX version and it felt too clunky. No bueno. Right now I’m rolling with a plasma rifle, tactical shotgun, rocket launcher, and fire sword. Ready for anything.

You sat through 128 spins.

Also TIL on RedZone channel that the Tennessee Titans have male cheerleaders.
Because I couldn't find the old commercial...

41uNGh4MAAL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Is it bad that all I can think of ever when hearing that song is the time CheapyD on the CAGcast was forced to watch meatspin.com?

https://youtu.be/PnvQ-f5ue94
I'm just glad I escaped the weekend not rewatching The Last Dragon, and could make due with Youtube clips.

Ashot P is on a roll!

Gamersgate with a big Capcom Sale (up to 87% off):

https://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/id/10513/

All Steam keys:

Resident Evil 2 (Remake) = Regular Edition -  $22.50 / Deluxe - $29.40

Devil May Cry 5 = Regular Edition - $22.50 / Deluxe - $29.58

Resident Evil 4 HD = $3.75

Resident Evil 7: Season Pass = $11.25

Some historical lows in here (listed above) and there are other deals close to the lows too.

Going to be interesting to see how these show up price-wise, in Steam Halloween Sale's that's coming.

After a couple days with The Outer Worlds, I'm guessing that I'll finish it and I like it but I'm not in love with it.  Glad I didn't pay MSRP for it. 

Most of the dialogue is good, companions are good, general world building is good including both concepts and visual execution.  Game runs fine technically with only one notable bug (crashed the first time I finished character creation, had to start over).

Actual game play is sort of meh.  Combat feels spammy (on Normal) and there's some little platforming puzzles to get stuff that the game doesn't really feel suited for.  The satire sometimes gets overwrought to the point of taking me out of the game.  RPG mechanics feel pretty shallow; you have perks that are mainly just combat/movement related and it feels like companion-care is just "follow all the dialogue options" -- not sure if it's possible to actually alienate them but doesn't seem like it.

All in all, I enjoy playing it but I don't really look forward to playing it, if that makes sense.  It's not as though I finish my real life obligations and think "Hot damn, now I can play Outer Worlds" but more like "What am I going to do?  Well, I can play this, I guess.  I like this."

All in all, I enjoy playing it but I don't really look forward to playing it, if that makes sense. It's not as though I finish my real life obligations and think "Hot damn, now I can play Outer Worlds"
well shit, now i'm curious. what games DID make you feel that way?

After a couple days with The Outer Worlds, I'm guessing that I'll finish it and I like it but I'm not in love with it. Glad I didn't pay MSRP for it.

Most of the dialogue is good, companions are good, general world building is good including both concepts and visual execution. Game runs fine technically with only one notable bug (crashed the first time I finished character creation, had to start over).

Actual game play is sort of meh. Combat feels spammy (on Normal) and there's some little platforming puzzles to get stuff that the game doesn't really feel suited for. The satire sometimes gets overwrought to the point of taking me out of the game. RPG mechanics feel pretty shallow; you have perks that are mainly just combat/movement related and it feels like companion-care is just "follow all the dialogue options" -- not sure if it's possible to actually alienate them but doesn't seem like it.

All in all, I enjoy playing it but I don't really look forward to playing it, if that makes sense. It's not as though I finish my real life obligations and think "Hot damn, now I can play Outer Worlds" but more like "What am I going to do? Well, I can play this, I guess. I like this."
It's my fault for expecting you not to be one of those anti-Epic rage boys.

EFZdsDd.jpg

well shit, now i'm curious. what games DID make you feel that way?
Hah... that'll teach me. Hyperbole aside, I think it's more like "What games did I carry with me outside of the game?" Like, I was happy to share stories of what I was doing while playing DA:O or FO:NV or there's other games like Stalker or Division where I'd read forums or look up strategies and stuff. Outer Worlds doesn't feel like a game I take with me after turning it off or make any attempt to extend the experience into my 'downtime'.

lol what's going on with this steam sale, i logged on and nothing was on the front page then there was a link to a confusing event now i see nothing again

lol what's going on with this steam sale, i logged on and nothing was on the front page then there was a link to a confusing event now i see nothing again
Wut? It's taking hours for Steam to get it's shit together during a sale? I am shocked! Must be all those awesome "features" that EGS doesn't have that makes Steam take a shit every sale...for years now...

Wut? It's taking hours for Steam to get it's shit together during a sale? I am shocked! Must be all those awesome "features" that EGS doesn't have that makes Steam take a shit every sale...for years now...
Usually happens for Summer/Winter sales. And it seems worse... Dead in the water. In the beginning of prior sales I could at least get a page to load now and then.

I bought Evil Within 2 when the physical copy was on sale for like 5 bucks a month ago or whatever, it's pretty good so far. Definitely recommend it if you're looking for a horror game to play around halloween

Glad I didn't pay MSRP for it.
Def agree with you there. I'm happy to be playing it on Gamepass.

It's also not one of those games you'd want to brute force through and binge on either. It's a casual, read the text, stop and smell the roses sort of thing. Like an immersive sim!

Error 118, 3 hours into a sale that lasts 4 days? Ouch.

Edit: 3 minutes later it reloads in the app and I get what looks like the regular store page with weekly sales listed.

Perhaps not Steam's fault?

https://twitter.com/bad_packets/status/1188889272121585666

Akamai DNS servers down or broken.

Wishlist shows up fine in the client, but not in the browser where I can use Enhanced Augmented Steam

(Idea: Augmented Steam for GOG but it's called Gogmented Steam)

I bought Evil Within 2 when the physical copy was on sale for like 5 bucks a month ago or whatever, it's pretty good so far. Definitely recommend it if you're looking for a horror game to play around halloween
Crap, I still got that backlogged.

I still need to work on the original Evil Within & Season Pass; and actually play TEW 2 (it's been installed).

Well, I missed a glitch.  Dark Futures: Blood Red States was in my cart at 75% off.  But I hesitated.  Now it's back up to 25% off.

A sad day indeed.

While we wait for the Steam sale to return, can I recommend a F2P title to distract you.

Watchers is a top down battle Royale game. It's really well made, simple interface, easy to get into a match and get going. The twist is that if you die you become a watcher aka a spectator that can influence the game. You choose a favorite player left who gives you points as they do stuff in game, once your points meter fills up you can unleash a good or bad thing into the playing field. You can mark players on the map. When it is down to the last three you then guess who you think will be the winner.

Really fun game. Low player count right now so servers are populated with mostly bots, but they aren't pushovers and can kill you.

Hah... that'll teach me. Hyperbole aside, I think it's more like "What games did I carry with me outside of the game?" Like, I was happy to share stories of what I was doing while playing DA:O or FO:NV or there's other games like Stalker or Division where I'd read forums or look up strategies and stuff. Outer Worlds doesn't feel like a game I take with me after turning it off or make any attempt to extend the experience into my 'downtime'.
welp, those are all great games. except Stalker, games from eastern european/russian devs give me agita. but yeah, they all have great storytelling. even the division, i think, has the best environmental storytelling in the industry. and i'm only about thirteen hours in, but i think new vegas' story is better than outer worlds.

welp, those are all great games. except Stalker, games from eastern european/russian devs give me agita. but yeah, they all have great storytelling. even the division, i think, has the best environmental storytelling in the industry. and i'm only about thirteen hours in, but i think new vegas' story is better than outer worlds.
i love new vegas but i thought the plot of new vegas was pretty dull although the writing and characters were good

edit: adding an edit so i don't have to double post here, but i actually found something on sale i really wanted for a decent price, salt and sanctuary is 75% off right now

How do you rank it compared to the first one?
Personally I like it better so far.

That said it's different. Combat feels a little easier, and instead of the more constricted environments of EW1, you're in a fairly big open level with side missions and exploration. That said I stopped playing tonight right when I was about to head to the 2nd area, so not sure if the rest of the game plays like that. Also has kind of a different atmosphere from what I remember in EW1...first one from what I remember was kinda more stereotypical gorey horror while this one so far seems more supernatural.

I like it better but I could see plenty of people liking the first one more

i love new vegas but i thought the plot of new vegas was pretty dull although the writing and characters were good

edit: adding an edit so i don't have to double post here, but i actually found something on sale i really wanted for a decent price, salt and sanctuary is 75% off right now
Might be able to get it even cheaper as part of the complete your collection for Not a Metroidvania bundle.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/7135/Not_a_Metroidvania/

EA Games is coming back to Steam

https://news.ea.com/press-release/company-news/electronic-arts-and-valve-announce-partnership-bring-ea-access-subscripti

"Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and Valve announced a partnership to put EA games into the hands of players on Steam. EA Access will launch on Steam next spring, giving players another place to subscribe to a great collection of EA games and member benefits on PC. The first new EA game launching on Steam will arrive on November 15, when the eagerly anticipated title, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order ™, debuts worldwide. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is available to pre-order on Steam beginning today.

“This is the start of an exciting partnership with Valve that will see us innovating for PC players around the world,” said Andrew Wilson, CEO of Electronic Arts. “Through our subscription, great games and more, we’re excited to bring players in the Steam and Origin communities together with access to the best games, whenever and wherever they want to play.”

“This is a good day for gamers,” said Valve’s Gabe Newell. “We’re excited to partner with EA to not only bring their great games and subscription service to Steam, but also to open up our communities to each other in an unprecedented way that will benefit players and developers around the world.”

EA Access will give subscribers access to a broad portfolio of EA games, valuable member benefits and discounts on full game purchases, expansions, in-game items and more. EA has been offering subscription services since 2014, and currently reaches players on the Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and Origin™ platforms.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order ™ - the new single player, third-person action adventure Star Wars™ game from Respawn and EA - launches to players worldwide on November 15, 2019. For more information on the game, visit https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order. To pre-order the game on Steam, visit https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172380.

In the coming months, players on Steam will be able to play other games such as The Sims™ 4 and Unravel™ 2. Multiplayer games like Apex Legends™, FIFA 20 and Battlefield™ V will become available next year, and players on Origin and Steam will have the ability to play together."

People complain about the splintering of digital video content away from the Netflix conglomerates into separate services like HBO Go, Apple TV+, Hulu, Disney+, etc., but PC gamers have been dealing with this for years now and maybe this news is a sign of things to come. Everything will split up, but then come back together. Ubi joining Epic, EA joining Steam, Microsoft games on Steam. Perhaps the video subscriptions will join up again, too.

So I wonder how much more than 70% Valve conceded giving to EA.
Well, Valve gives 80% after $50mil sales so it's possible that they just went with that up front, knowing that EA is going to hit its targets.

Originally though, Valve kicked EA out (or let them walk) because EA wouldn't play by the new -- at the time -- rules for DLC needing to be available through Steam while EA wanted people using their Bioware Points to buy DLC. So I get the impression that EA always needed Valve a little more than Valve needed EA. Still, this is a mutually beneficial arrangement between large companies and if Valve sweetened things with a higher upfront cut then it wouldn't be surprising.

The only value really and they're still $30 overpriced. But depending on sale prices in a few weeks they've all but obsoleted the 1660 and 1660ti. The 1660ti is only 9 months old too with a $50 price cut for a card that will not likely perform well against next year's consoles.

While we wait for the Steam sale to return, can I recommend a F2P title to distract you.

Watchers is a top down battle Royale game. It's really well made, simple interface, easy to get into a match and get going. The twist is that if you die you become a watcher aka a spectator that can influence the game. You choose a favorite player left who gives you points as they do stuff in game, once your points meter fills up you can unleash a good or bad thing into the playing field. You can mark players on the map. When it is down to the last three you then guess who you think will be the winner.

Really fun game. Low player count right now so servers are populated with mostly bots, but they aren't pushovers and can kill you.
No Epic, no deal!

Also: 1x1=2

What is the best way to get started with Game Pass for PC?

Edit: I don’t have an Xbox gold account and I just need game pass long enough to beat Gears 5.

The One Deck Dungeon Witch DLC is free on Steam until November 1st.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/870621/One_Deck_Dungeon__Witch/

But you can't add the DLC to your Steam account unless you already own the game which is currently on sale for $4.99.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/770100/One_Deck_Dungeon/

And I noticed that Salt and Sanctuary is on sale on Steam for $4.99.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/283640/Salt_and_Sanctuary/
Thanks, that's a great deal on Salt and Sanctuary.

bread's done
Back