Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I went a little overboard and bought these from Fanatical's Horror Pick & Mix Bundle. Two $5.99 bundles, 20 games total.

• Over 9000 Zombies!
  • Bad Dream: Coma
  • Bad Dream: Fever
  • Bucket Detective
  • Skautfold: Usurper
  • Rise of Insanity
  • Omen Exitio: Plague
  • Doorways: Holy Mountains of Flesh
  • From Beyond Prologue
  • Doorways: Chapter 3 - The Underworld
  • Apparition
  • Inner Chains
  • CAYNE - DELUXE CONTENT
  • Dream Alone
  • Still Not Dead
  • Husk
  • Stairs
  • Inner Voices
  • Downfall
  • The Padre
My pickups from the Steam sale:

I've got so much idling to do now!

how i beat Outer Worlds...

i'm at the final level. i got my best weapons and armor leveled up with the best mods. my companions are well equipped. get to the level, somehow i get a disguise that let's me walk through the entire level without firing a shot. then i speech check the final boss. roll credits. to be fair i speech checked the final boss in New Vegas so i kinda knew you can do that.

anyways, 5/5 stars, would speech check again...

My only complaint about Game Pass is that it won't let me have a desktop icon/shortcut for my games!

I know that you own me, Microsoft, but let's be reasonable here.  :D

Best deal of the Halloween sale and GOTY!!!
tenor.gif

Christmas came early.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1666821776739358716

Steam Library - Now Released

Starting today, the new Steam Library features are available to everyone.

A hearty thank you to everyone who tried out the Library during the beta. We’ll continue shipping improvements and new features based on your feedback and requests.

As an added bonus, this update also expands the Remote Play Together Beta to all Steam users.

Here’s a recap on the Library update:

58baa129c9226b430db35edd6aca60a6cd89cb66.jpg

Untapped potential already in your library

The new Steam library was built with the belief that our libraries are valuable to us – for some customers, they contain more than fifteen years of games. From your absolute favorite AAA title that all your friends are playing, to that solo indie art project that only you seem to love, your Steam library represents your gaming history.

But, a good library shouldn't just be dusty shelves, it has to be a fun place to explore and find whatever it is that you're looking for. Whether you want to keep up to date about what's happening with your games, find a game to play with your friends, or explore what's happening in your game's community, your library should support you.

Today we want to introduce you to some of the biggest new library features and explain how they’re going help do just that.

27b935179076c418c2f62f9440aba9c06161e4c0.jpg

A brand new way to look at things

The first thing you'll probably notice is that we're launching a gorgeous new landing page for your library. The new library home gives you quick access to game updates, recently played games, friends activity and your collections.

ac26dea63042eec4886d5fa27854517ce374b11e.jpg

Stay connected with your games and friends

We're making it easier for you to stay on top of the changes happening to your games and who is playing what. One of things we know you love about Steam is being able to engage directly with your games as they evolve over time. The new library makes it simple to see not just if a game has been updated but, with the new events feature, what that update is and why you should boot it up and give it a shot.

85bab8a696ad635859ae5e84b4339db95bcdf47d.jpg

We're also making it easy to see what your friends have been up to and which games they are currently playing. You can find out what games your friends have been playing right on the library home page, and see what games they are currently playing from your games list. With all this new information, you shouldn't miss out on the tantalizing water-cooler conversation about everyone's weekend replay of Portal 2.

Stay in-the-know about your games with Events

Odds are, you've got games in your library that had incredible updates or limited-time events and you never even knew. Well, those days are over. We wanted to strike a balance between an in-library event feature that let you know about all the great things happening with the games you already own without bombarding you with notifications.

563daff788965a9f0aa4525190ef12d8c10832d6.jpg

Showcasing these updates is valuable to players and also developers. If you’re a dev, it hasn’t been easy to let someone know that you've just shipped a big update to your game, especially if they've moved on to something else. Now it is. Starting today, developers will have access to all new event creation tools that will feed directly into the new library (you can read more about the new event tools here).

Not every event needs to be a big update, though. The new event tool gives you the ability to connect with players and share other things like a developer live-stream or a community challenge, or even highlight interesting fan art.

-The Steam Team

Last edited by a moderator:
My only complaint about Game Pass is that it won't let me have a desktop icon/shortcut for my games!

I know that you own me, Microsoft, but let's be reasonable here. :D
Install Classic Shell, so you have a better Start Menu on W10...so you can do W7 style things in the start menu.

Set-up Classic Shell w/ an old-school like W7 Start Menu.

Click the new Start Menu.

In the Search bar, search for the game-name in the Start menu - i.e. Gears 5.

The game's exe will come up.

Right click on the exe, left-click "create a shortcut."

It'll ask you if you want to put it on the desktop, so agree to it.

There's your shortcut for any W10 Store/XB for PC Game Pass games.

The “What’s New” section is annoying. I tried the beta and could not get rid of it so I went back to the old Steam version. If that garbage stays, then I have zero interest in using it.

I liked most of the features with the new setup. Considering that the “What’s New” section is directly in your face, it is even more annoying that you could not disable it entirely.

I even saw where you can remove parts of it but the section is still there.

Did someone mention coal? Can you craft it? What games can I "unlock" achievements on to get it?

I went a little overboard and bought these from Fanatical's Horror Pick & Mix Bundle. Two $5.99 bundles, 20 games total.

• Over 9000 Zombies!
  • Bad Dream: Coma
  • Bad Dream: Fever
  • Bucket Detective
  • Skautfold: Usurper
  • Rise of Insanity
  • Omen Exitio: Plague
  • Doorways: Holy Mountains of Flesh
  • From Beyond Prologue
  • Doorways: Chapter 3 - The Underworld
  • Apparition
  • Inner Chains
  • CAYNE - DELUXE CONTENT
  • Dream Alone
  • Still Not Dead
  • Husk
  • Stairs
  • Inner Voices
  • Downfall
  • The Padre
My pickups from the Steam sale:

I've got so much idling to do now!
But you then didn't also get almost everything out of the just released Motoki-bundle?
(So many Alwar Hidden Object games)

I find myself oddly excited for tomorrow even though I imagine nothing that cool is going to happen. I guess I've just been low-key looking forward to Blizzcon happening and Humble Choice launching for a few weeks now. Giant Bomb's also doing their 24 hour extra life stream tomorrow which should be fun.

I don't think i'll ever be excited by Blizzcon since i'm not a fanboy. Only thing that would get a nice out of me is Warcraft 4 or a Lost Vikings reboot or whatever. I just usually choose to ignore them and it works fine.

Oh, I think the embargo for Death Stranding lifts tomorrow, so that's another thing I'm looking forward to. Trying to read between the lines of some of the comments I've heard on Giant Bomb is surprisingly hard.

Death Stranding seems like the type of game where I'll get more enjoyment out of listening to people talk about it than I will by actually playing it myself.

I don't think i'll ever be excited by Blizzcon since i'm not a fanboy. Only thing that would get a nice out of me is Warcraft 4 or a Lost Vikings reboot or whatever. I just usually choose to ignore them and it works fine.
I feel like I would be REALLY excited about a Warcraft 4 announcement, but then. . . I never finished Legacy of the Void, which is leaving me questioning whether I still even like RTS games--and I just don't see it happening. I think that's coming on the 12th of Never, like Half-Life 3.

I don't have the twitchiness required for high level play in RTS. I still love playing single player ones though now and then. For myself I question if I like RPGs as much anymore. I think the answer is trending towards no now, as I have very little patience for them now and I just get bored very easily with their gameplay. 

I find I've out grown Blizz.  And I fear I'm outgrowning Bethesda.  The crap I'm being shoveled by them has grown exponentially.  And the fact that as a paying consumer, they're just like... suck it.

Nah.. I'm good.  Do I own a phone?  Yes.  Would I play Diablo Immortal or whatever that crap was called?  Nope.  FO76?  HAH no.

I find I've out grown Blizz. And I fear I'm outgrowning Bethesda. The crap I'm being shoveled by them has grown exponentially. And the fact that as a paying consumer, they're just like... suck it.
I don't think it really has anything to with your age. Both those companies are no longer the companies of our young adult years.

Honestly, I feel for the young adults of this time... What developers do they really have to look forward too.

Blizzcon wasn't cool even when I was neck deep into hardcore WoW a decade ago.  Those people are disgusting and it's like a cult.  The concept of Blizzard worshipers only got stranger over the years as the company continued to spiral downward.  People seemed most excited about the social pets and in-game skins codes they received for going to the convention.  Or hawking them for expensive prices on Ebay in order to pay for their travel. 

Anyways, it was that kind of stuff in addition to the digital items sold on the blizzard shop that began to ruin one of the best MMORPG's of all-time.  All this exclusive stuff that wasn't available in the (paid subscription) game to even the best players.  That really was the inception of MTX in online games and they were by no means "micro".  $25 for an exclusive paid mount, $50 to level a new character to the cap.  I mean, get bent.

I don't think it really has anything to with your age. Both those companies are no longer the companies of our young adult years.

Honestly, I feel for the young adults of this time... What developers do they really have to look forward too.
Fortunately there are a few that still do a really good job. CD Projekt Red sets the gold standard in the publishing department. Rockstar publishes very solid offerings too with the amount of content you get for your base game purchase. Naughty Dog and other first-party Sony studios are able to create fully realized games by being given autonomous rule by Sony Interactive Entertainment. They have a fantastic hands-off approach and simply fund studios that will do a great job on a game. Nintendo is among the best in the business at selling complete, wealth-of-content games as well.

But yeah, games have gotten so complicated with their 4-5+ year development cycles that most companies don't care about starting a trend of high quality for consumers. They're just trying to recoup all those years of development costs any way possible. It's a case-by-case basis on each individual game.

Blizzcon wasn't cool even when I was neck deep into hardcore WoW a decade ago. Those people are disgusting and it's like a cult. The concept of Blizzard worshipers only got stranger over the years as the company continued to spiral downward. People seemed most excited about the social pets and in-game skins codes they received for going to the convention. Or hawking them for expensive prices on Ebay in order to pay for their travel.

Anyways, it was that kind of stuff in addition to the digital items sold on the blizzard shop that began to ruin one of the best MMORPG's of all-time. All this exclusive stuff that wasn't available in the (paid subscription) game to even the best players. That really was the inception of MTX in online games and they were by no means "micro". $25 for an exclusive paid mount, $50 to level a new character to the cap. I mean, get bent.
Say it louder for the people in the back!!!

I find I've out grown Blizz. And I fear I'm outgrowning Bethesda. The crap I'm being shoveled by them has grown exponentially. And the fact that as a paying consumer, they're just like... suck it.

Nah.. I'm good. Do I own a phone? Yes. Would I play Diablo Immortal or whatever that crap was called? Nope. FO76? HAH no.
Blizz hasn't been Blizz since D2: LOD was completed and WOW's success.

After the core Blizzard North guys left (they scattered - went to Flagship, Runic, and other places after), the writing has began to be on the wall. Slowly but surely. D3 was good, but nothing great - and became an online-only game on PC. Took RoS to make it great.

Same with BioWare: writing's been on the wall for them slowly but surely, probably since Dragon Age 2. Sure they've had some good-to-great products (i.e. DAI and the ME series, except Andromeda), but they were no longer pretty much invincible or close to it (i.e. go see ME: Andromeda; and Anthem).

Bethesda seems to have had the writing on the wall pretty much since FO76. Yeah, FO4 was disappointing - but in many ways, it was still great. Just not a great RPG anymore. Though, Far Harbor was great.

And right now - as usual, Obsidian's still dependable as can be. Outer Worlds is fantastic.

Well, there's breakout indie devs that sometimes don't screw it up by the time they get to the second title.
(Please let House House not completely crap the bed on or before their next effort.)
But yeah, most of the devs I could think of are mostly console devs.

Nintendo EAD, Gamefreak, Platinum. There's probably another dozen beyond that, but even with them I'd probably not invest too much thought on what say, Sonic Team is doing until it actually shows up.

What did I do that was so bad that I got this coal?
Apparently we all took a wizz in Gaben's cornflakes. The worst part is how much of a system hog steam now is to scroll through the game list or just flat out buggy. It takes steam 10 seconds to load the game library page now. I can speed up the process of it drawing the screen by moving my mouse around. All to see an unremovable "whats new" list er "shelf" that will clearly be used to push games or DLCs.

Its like a new Steam sale game. How fast can you get your game list to show up by moving your mouse around frantically? Join team Pretty Icons or UI Engagement for more cards!

Also, Blizzard died the day you could no longer sheep people on their mounts as they rode by.

Also, Blizzard died the day you could no longer sheep people on their mounts as they rode by.
Wait, what? WoW allowed you to casually toss sheep at people just riding around, minding their own business? Is this a Scottish thing?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/469820/Genital_Jousting/

2.16 on sale. I got it for my wife and gifted it to her for our anniversary and heard laughing coming from her office for an hour.
It's been over two hours. I think you left the thread speechless with this insight into your marriage. For my part I'll just say that I hope you had something lined up in addition to that for your anniversary.

Humble November unlocks:

​Shenmue I & II
SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising
Evergarden
11-11 Memories Retold

December early unlocks:

Soul Calibur VI
Yakuza Kiwami
My Time at Portia

bread's done
Back