Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone been buying games on the EGS? I was thinking about buying Hades for $10, but now it has finally been added on Steam. For $19.99...

What do, in these situations? I already own the other games in the Supergiant catalogue on steam for instance. (Bastion, Pyre)
Hades is not a finished game and it has been cheaper on Epic than it is now if you want to go that route. And it will be cheaper at some point in the future on Steam. I was considering getting it on Steam because I want Pyre too and have only passed on that game in previous sales because I expected it to show up in a monthly. Yet I feel if I buy it now that will just solidify it being bundled before I play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some thoughts of mine so far on ELEX, PB's sci-fi/post-apoc/fantasy genre-bending/setting-bending RPG.

ELEX seems like & feels like a Piranha Bytes-developed Gothic game with a mix here of these settings: fantasy, sci-fi, and post-apocalyptic. A mix of mages, guns, paladins, Fallout, Mad Max, Mass Effect & Gothic. This has an interesting, intriguing, unique and strange blend of 3 settings & genres (often, you just get one of the 3) - but this seems to be trying to pull an Arcanum here (i.e. Arcanum tried to mix multiple settings & genres: fantasy with Industrial Era/Victorian Era). Yet, so far, this kitchen sink approach all seems to somehow magically work. Not only that, but even early on, the world-building & immersion is excellent, so far...which is usually a hallmark for a PB-developed game.

There is an improved combat system here over the Risen games. Mainly compared to Risen 2 & 3, combat just feels much better & smoother...while still retaining the difficulty, timing, and old-school style of a PB-based combat system. You also have a jet-pack (once you find it)...so you can zip around in combat & in the game-world, which is fun & cool for traversal and for maneuvering & evading attacks in combat.

Runs very well too at 1080p at 60-90fps regularly with mostly High & very few Medium settings...and this is on my desktop with i7 950, GTX 970, 16GB RAM & W7 x64. Ain't the best looking game technically, but there's tons of different textures & details everywhere to immerse you into the game-world & its atmosphere - which is similar to what Vampyr has going on.

I'm around an hour or so in...and I'm already digging this.

which left a seriously bad taste in my mouth.
3kmcq4.jpg

some humbly keys with clues that're just totally wrong, like not even close.

CNV8P-QXRN?-HJCCL : lost my virginity at this age
CVMZN-N7K4Z-9M?WR : number of testicles I have
CYE?G-WDJWY-NREGD : times I've been abducted. by aliens
CR8VE-VRZ?M-NAJYX : total hotdogs eaten in a single sitting
JIM?L-MPYQX-JADJD : dlc for Mafia 3. not a clue, just saying
2,3,6,9,4?

They know they’d have to include the DLC and they’re scared of all the pretend money they won’t sell by not forcing people to pay exorbitant amounts in bioware points.
On the PC, BioWare Points are dead.

They (EA & BioWare) killed that.

They now sell ALL DLC Packs separately for around $10-20 on Origin, when it's on sale...which it is on sale right now.

EA Origin - ALL DLC Packs for BioWare DLC's that formerly used BioWare Points:

Mass Effect 2: All DLC Pack = $10

Mass Effect 3: All DLC Pack = $12

Dragon Age 2: All DLC Pack = $10

MysterD confirmed as Epic Game Store bot (or Tim Sweeney alt)!

Superhot is today's freebie on the Epic Game Store:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/superhot/home
Little Inferno is FREE on the Tim Sweeney Epic Game Store:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/little-inferno/home
Totally Accurate Battle Simulator is today's Freebie on the Tim Sweeney Epic Game Store:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/totally-accurate-battle-simulator/home
FTL: Faster Than Light is the Freebie today on the Tim Sweeney Epic Game Store:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/faster-than-light/home
Hyper Light Drifter is Free on the Tim Sweeney Epic Game Store:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/hyper-light-drifter/home
Shadow Tactics is Free on the Tim Sweeney Epic Game Store:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/shadow-tactics/home#

Looks like Talos Principle tomorrow, which I played through on PS4 but happy to have on PC.

Shadow Tactics is Free on the Tim Sweeney Epic Game Store:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/shadow-tactics/home#
d@mmit I jus SCORED this at Walmart at what I thought was a steal, PS4 $9.98!!! Anyone think the PS4 version will ever be worth crazy $$?

Oh well I bought it as much for the cover as in COVER ART, as anything else as I know NOTHING about the game or the Command & Conquer game everyone references when describing Shadow Tactics..

Looks like Talos Principle tomorrow, which I played through on PS4 but happy to have on PC.
What makes you say that? Everyone keeps sayin that but I'm wondering how and where they are getting that info? Regardless Talos Principle has been on my radar to buy so hopefully it is..

oNe

What makes you say that? Everyone keeps sayin that but I'm wondering how and where they are getting that info? Regardless Talos Principle has been on my radar to buy so hopefully it is..
They have a teaser up on the Epic Game Store. It's a profile portrait of the android from The Talos Principle, an image which has also been used as the app icon for the game.

EDIT: here's how Jared explains it: https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/...576

Continuing with my playing of Game Pass games, Gears 4 & 5 were up next.  I say were because since Max Payne 3, there hasn't been a game that I couldn't play...until now. The shaky cam while walking and running is an absolute no-go for me. After 10 minutes I get so motion sick that it takes an equal amount of time to wear off.  It's a shame because I had actually previously purchased Gears 4. At least now I can free up some HDD space. 

What should I play next, Metro LL & Exodus or Rage 2? 

Continuing with my playing of Game Pass games, Gears 4 & 5 were up next. I say were because since Max Payne 3, there hasn't been a game that I couldn't play...until now. The shaky cam while walking and running is an absolute no-go for me. After 10 minutes I get so motion sick that it takes an equal amount of time to wear off. It's a shame because I had actually previously purchased Gears 4. At least now I can free up some HDD space.

Metro LL & Exodus.

I really didn't enjoy the admittedly little of Rage 2 that I played. It felt like my character was on ice skates.

Continuing with my playing of Game Pass games, Gears 4 & 5 were up next. I say were because since Max Payne 3, there hasn't been a game that I couldn't play...until now. The shaky cam while walking and running is an absolute no-go for me. After 10 minutes I get so motion sick that it takes an equal amount of time to wear off. It's a shame because I had actually previously purchased Gears 4. At least now I can free up some HDD space.

On the PC, BioWare Points are dead.

They (EA & BioWare) killed that.

They now sell ALL DLC Packs separately for around $10-20 on Origin, when it's on sale...which it is on sale right now.

EA Origin - ALL DLC Packs for BioWare DLC's that formerly used BioWare Points:

Mass Effect 2: All DLC Pack = $10

Mass Effect 3: All DLC Pack = $12

Dragon Age 2: All DLC Pack = $10
fwiw if anybody is thinking of buying this, it's worth it for the mass effect dlc imo. there's a fair amount of content and virtually all of it's decent quallity. mass effect 3 in particular has a couple pretty substantial pieces of dlc, also a couple of the pieces add a lot of context to the main story and are kinda essential imo

Oh well I bought it as much for the cover as in COVER ART, as anything else as I know NOTHING about the game or the Command & Conquer game everyone references when describing Shadow Tactics..
Good news... it's a brilliant team tactics game. The levels are huge and varied and it's just a remarkably well done game. If you even sort of like the genre, you should try it.

PSA: do not let this game sit unplayed on your Tim Sweeney's EGS account.

For a game that's trying as hard as Rage 2 obviously is, it's remarkably forgettable.  I'd go with Metro LL (and then Exodus if you're still in the mood for more Metro)

i haven't played exodus but it was hard for me to get into either ll or 2033 so i'll say rage. this is a reminder i need to get on playing game pass before my deal expires. i'm having a hard time deciding whether to play outer worlds now or wait for the dlc and get it later

Honestly if you believe that 1 x 1 = 2 then you can play 1 game (Rage 2) and multiply it by another more enjoyable game (2033) and just pick the better game to play (2033 in this case). Or, you can just be a dumbass who believes that 1 x 1 = 1 and be stuck playing Rage 2 because multiplying one game by another magically gets rid of one by your logic and reasoning.

Honestly if you believe that 1 x 1 = 2 then you can play 1 game (Rage 2) and multiply it by another more enjoyable game (2033) and just pick the better game to play (2033 in this case). Or, you can just be a dumbass who believes that 1 x 1 = 1 and be stuck playing Rage 2 because multiplying one game by another magically gets rid of one by your logic and reasoning.
tenor.gif

i haven't played exodus but it was hard for me to get into either ll or 2033 so i'll say rage. this is a reminder i need to get on playing game pass before my deal expires. i'm having a hard time deciding whether to play outer worlds now or wait for the dlc and get it later
Play The Outer Worlds now; it's out-standing.

And then play DLC later, if it's in the Game Pass.

fwiw if anybody is thinking of buying this, it's worth it for the mass effect dlc imo. there's a fair amount of content and virtually all of it's decent quallity. mass effect 3 in particular has a couple pretty substantial pieces of dlc, also a couple of the pieces add a lot of context to the main story and are kinda essential imo
But we all know the inevitable HD remaster has to be coming someday ... would love to see the trilogy + dlc end up on the Switch actually.

Continuing with my playing of Game Pass games, Gears 4 & 5 were up next. I say were because since Max Payne 3, there hasn't been a game that I couldn't play...until now. The shaky cam while walking and running is an absolute no-go for me. After 10 minutes I get so motion sick that it takes an equal amount of time to wear off. It's a shame because I had actually previously purchased Gears 4.
There are options to turn off the shake in Gears 5; Gears 4 it appears they never added the option.

https://www.gears5.com/accessibility/

So, I tried out...Outward (Epic Game Store version).

Here's some thoughts on this RPG/survival-game hybrid.

Outward is basically a Frankenstein monster of these titles and game styles: Gothic series, Dark Souls series, and survival games. 

Starting From Scratch.

Outward is notoriously difficult. You start the game, as a scrub/ordinary guy...who wakes up on a shore after a shipwreck. You try to survive after this mess, eventually wake up, and then have 5 days to pay off a debt (of 150 coins). If you don't do so, you could lose the lighthouse/house/place to store my stuff and sleep. And given that this game is also a survival game - yeah, you might not want to lose the lighthouse.

But chances are...well, at least on your first play-through - yeah, you probably will...lose the lighthouse. Hell, I know I did. The game doesn't by any means teach you much, hold your hand, or anything of that sort in-game. (Side note: There is a separate tutorial, but I didn't take it on). You will learn...by playing & getting knocked-out (i.e. the way game deals with "death", before you "resurrect" somewhere).

Knocked-Out.

And when you get knocked-out - you lose sleep, time, and then wind-up awakening...somewhere. Could depend on who (or what) knocks you out, robs you, attacks you, finds you, what locations you're near, random, and/or whatever. You could wind-up back at an Inn; you could wind-up as a prisoner in a prison and need to escape; you could be saved by someone in the wilderness at a camp or campfire. You might have your belongings. You might not. Who knows, though...as you can shrug your shoulders.

Combat & Questing.

Combat's fine, control-wise. It's similar to Gothic games, Risen series & ELEX in how it actually handles - locking onto enemies, attacking them, that you don't waste attacks b/c you can tire yourself out, and/or things of that sort. While it does feel looser than Piranha Bytes' games and not as good as Dark Souls' games - it's still solid. Combat really matters here, though - as it can lead to you being knocked-out...for a bit.

If this all isn't enough, you have to deal w/ taking quests on. You can take on quests & make decisions - you know, the typical RPG stuff. But what makes this interesting is the extra survival elements and difficulty of the game. Adventuring into the game-world and the wilds of this world - where there are bandits, robbers, monsters, and anything else you can think of - isn't for the faint. There are plenty of things to do and a good amount of places to see - caves, dungeons, towns/cities, hubs, etc. But, you not only have deal w/ the world, but the also the survival aspects of the game.

Survival Of The Fittest.

You will have to get food, cook it, not let any bags you carry get damaged (or its contents of what you put in there get damaged), get water, drink water, sleep, rest - or do anything necessary to survive. Your weight (for what you wear & carry) actually matters, as...well, you could move, attack and/or even roll slower, if you more in your Inventory. Have less in your Inventory...and you'll be faster when moving around. You do not want to run all the time, or you'll tire yourself out. You will need to eat...or you could get a penalty and lose health. You can get sick, if you don't cook food...or do that even right.

You get one save-slot per a character play-through. The game will auto-save will over-write its own save-slot, after something happens to your character. You are going to have to live with your decisions, wins, failures, progress, and/or whatever...whether you like it or not.

Performance & Graphics.

Just like the game being brutal, so is performance...which certainly isn't ideal. On my SC15 laptop (i7 7700HQ; 16 GB RAM; 6GB GTX 1060), at 1080p with High settings and a FPS cap of 50 (to keep it to stop from bouncing around framerates) - it just isn't the best looking game. While there's lots of details, items, and textures - this still looks like a game from the Gothic 2 era of games...but with much better lighting technology that can be used. If that isn't enough, it's eating VRAM for breakfast (easily over 3.5 GB of VRAM) at Medium or higher settings. On my desktop (i7 950; 16 GB RAM; GTX 970), I had to cap it to 40fps at 1080p with Medium settings just to keep its framerate actually a bit more stable.

Outro.

If this sounds like the deck of cards is stacked way against you in this game called Outward...well, you're right. If you want a really difficult & challenging RPG/survival hybrid of a game - well, then there's plenty of reason to pick this very difficult title. If you thought Dark Souls was brutal - well, if this opening hour is any indication and it stays as difficult & as brutal as this from start-to-finish, the very brutal Dark Souls might be tame next to this game (Outward).

Given what I've said about Outward: this game might not be for everyone.

But, even still as terrible as I am at games like Dark Souls and Outward...there's just something about this brutally difficult game. This all makes me want to play Outward...MORE.

Well...at least for now, anyways.

lmao i love that this multiplication truther comes out like 2x a year

lmao i love that this multiplication truther comes out like 2x a year
This guy comes back like 5 times a year at least. The great part about it is that his example directly contradicted his nonsense this time. Dude has no life and no shame.

Where's my screenshots? Its not a proper review without any.
Don't have any. This was an Epic Game Store game/purchase. They don't have built-in Screenshot-taking.

I don't like that when you add Non-Steam games to Steam, screenies don't wind-up on the Activity Feed anymore.

I never looked into somewhere else to host them, but maybe I could & should...?

I know MSI Afterburner can allow for screenies taken w/in the program.

is Outer Wilds 2deep4u? alot of people i follow have it as their goty and i don't feel like playing a pretentious, too far up its own butt type game during my somewhat limited free time. anyways, any help is appreciated.

is Outer Wilds 2deep4u? alot of people i follow have it as their goty and i don't feel like playing a pretentious, too far up its own butt type game during my somewhat limited free time. anyways, any help is appreciated.
I've only played a few hours of it so far, but nah I didn't get that vibe at all. The reason lots of people love it is that it's a sort of spiritual successor to the much-loved Fallout: New Vegas.

Edit: whoops, wrong game, not sure how to delete on mobile...

I picked up the ME3 DLC pack during the Thanksgiving sale and I'm near the beginning of a playthrough. I had played ME 1 and 2 back when and had a completed ME2 save on my XB360, which I was able to transfer over to the PC, so it's nice to be able to pick up with all of my prior decisions in place. Enjoying it so far - it seems superior to me to my memories of playing the prior two games.

I'm running it modded, and it's looking pretty nice - certainly better than it would have on the 360.

bread's done
Back