Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I really like Horizon and didn't get around to playing the DLC and would love to play it on PC. I'm also willing to double dip on this one.
Maybe Sony's thoughts here is they are approaching the end of life for PS4 and could get more customers by porting to PC then they'll get on PS4 seeing as most their exclusives console owners are sure to already own.

Also if the other console exclusives that recently hit PC are anything to go by they will be priced much higher than their console counter part, because they are new to PC I guess.
If this ends up being true I'd like to see basically all the majors follow
LoU, GoW, uncharted, spiderman etc.

I'm also more open and willing to a PlayStation launcher (they could maybe highjack PlayStation now and convert it into a market place for PC as well as the streaming service, really wouldn't be much different from what epic did.) than I am to buying it from Tim Swine store.

Kingpin: Reloaded announced for Q2 2020 release:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1224700/Kingpin_Reloaded/
Hm. Does the video have "enhanced" graphics that I haven't seen? Because the stills I've seen reflect the same garbage early-'90s-era 3D characters that were in the original. If that's what they're doing here, it's a hard pass for me. Nothing in the original game was all that great to begin with, but that "chunky-blob" 3D REALLY killed it for me.

I'm moving into a studio apartment like 400sqft. This router Linksys Model E2500-NP N600 Dual Band, is $10 brand new on offer up. Should I get this one or find a different, newer model? I have no problem buying used and don't want to spend a lot. I haven't seen any dual band routers on clearance anywhere.

I'm moving into a studio apartment like 400sqft. This router Linksys Model E2500-NP N600 Dual Band, is $10 brand new on offer up. Should I get this one or find a different, newer model? I have no problem buying used and don't want to spend a lot. I haven't seen any dual band routers on clearance anywhere.
Good router, great price to be honest.

Well that is some crazy news of the week regarding Cyberpunk. That affects a lot of people's PC hardware purchasing decisions over 2020 as well.

Doubtful. There has been nothing confirmed about Cyberpunk coming out on the new consoles. It's very much a current gen PS4 and XB1 release, and been in development for years.
It's a given that the game will be running on the new consoles as they'll be backward compatible. While I doubt they'd they'd want to delay the release solely to better support the new machines, rather than release a patch for the launch period, it does give them a bit more room to optimize their high end support. The same can be said for high end PC hardware that isn't in consumer hands yet but is already present at select developers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to take a moment to express appreciation to Steam for filling my discovery queue with soundtrack DLCs, and also only populating the queue with 1-2 items at a time.

I just want to take a moment to express appreciation to Steam for filling my discovery queue with soundtrack DLCs, and also only populating the queue with 1-2 items at a time.
Makes sense since they said they were changing how they handled soundtracks during the next sale. So naturally they'd want to push the DLC soundtracks. Also cool that they're putting a bunch of DLC for games I don't own.

The only thing wrong with the Hinterlands is that it was played by knuckleheads who couldn't grasp the concept of "Gee, I'm level 7 now so maybe I should move on from this level 1-6 zone instead of chasing every fetch quest on the map then whining about being bored."

That wasn't a game design problem, it was a brain-damaged player problem.
I'm usually one of those guys that when stuff opens up, I'll go exploring. Even if I'm under-leveled to the area I'm heading to or whatever (if it's hard-coded or somewhat hard-coded) - I'll go checking around.

If I can save, I'll save right before possible tough area...and if need be, I'll go back to where I need to if the area I want to explore is wrecking me.

Kind of learned the hard-way, from games like Gothic 1 & 2 and Divinity 2 (before DKS upgrade).

But yeah, Hinterlands for DA:I and the first planet on ME:A - yep, you can get stuck there, if you don't exit ASAP. Usually, if a game opens up, it's doing it for a reason: so, yeah, go explore!

EDIT:

Well that is some crazy news of the week regarding Cyberpunk. That affects a lot of people's PC hardware purchasing decisions over 2020 as well.
Good. Maybe this can make it easier for me to try to hold off longer with buying or building a new desktop.

About Cyberpunk's delay, I think they're trying to avoid FF7 Remake's release and gamers putting in a ton of time to play that...which pretty much every game should be doing right now. Why even try competing w/ that monster, if you don't need to?

I prefer that to it populating my queue with those cheap hentai pic slide puzzles or match puzzles. Those are garbo and get positive reviews somehow so they think I want them.

I prefer that to it populating my queue with those cheap hentai pic slide puzzles or match puzzles. Those are garbo and get positive reviews somehow so they think I want them.
Yeah, this man has to have some STORY before he can enjoy hypno-training his mother and sister!

Does anyone know how to get 5G and 2.4 to show up? I hooked up my router last night and could only find one connection. When I tried to manually go in and change it the whole thing shut down and the internet didn't work. I watched Ozark and it would go in and out of Dolby Vision every 20 minutes or so.

I definitely have a dual band router so how do I enable 5G and 2.4 GHz visible so I can connect to 5G?

I'm rooting for a Sony Exclusive PC Client. All the Epic fans say "another client doesn't matter anyway" and the Epic detractors won't have to buy from Epic. Everyone's a winner.
I have gotten all the free EGS games and apparently I'm the only one in this thread to play a ton of them, so I guess I'm an Epic fan? But considering Sony's track record with software and DRM tools, I sure hope they don't take a go at a launcher. Another client doesn't matter, but one from Sony no thanks.

Does anyone know how to get 5G and 2.4 to show up? I hooked up my router last night and could only find one connection. When I tried to manually go in and change it the whole thing shut down and the internet didn't work. I watched Ozark and it would go in and out of Dolby Vision every 20 minutes or so.

I definitely have a dual band router so how do I enable 5G and 2.4 GHz visible so I can connect to 5G?
If you name the two connections the same, you will only see one - If you haven't already, give them different names - i.e. MyNetwork-5G/MyNetwork-2.4G. And of course make sure you're using a client that supports both. Also note, 5G will be stronger close to the source - you may only see the 2.4G farther away.

If you hook into the wired side, you also want to see if it's enabled.  Normally there are check boxes for each of them.  I'm not sure why they wouldn't automatically come as enabled but weirder things have happened I suppose.

If you name the two connections the same, you will only see one - If you haven't already, give them different names - i.e. MyNetwork-5G/MyNetwork-2.4G. And of course make sure you're using a client that supports both. Also note, 5G will be stronger close to the source - you may only see the 2.4G farther away.
Oh that makes perfect sense. It was almost 1 in the morning and I had been moving all day so wasn't quite thinking clearly haha.
I'll try that out when I get home thanks.

First rule of setting up a router. Plug in a wired connection to do it. Second rule of setting up a router, follow rule one.

Running router setup via wireless connection usually leads to problems. Some comical, some just annoying. Some scary.

Anyone have experience with MoCa adapters? I have an existing google mesh but want a faster connection into one room and I wanted to setup a MoCa to it. I know where to out the MoCa in that room but where do I place it on the other side? My cable modem goes directly to google mesh and from there to a switch. Do I put that MoCa between the street and modem? Do I need a splitter somewhere so the data goes back from the switch to the adapter?

First rule of setting up a router. Plug in a wired connection to do it. Second rule of setting up a router, follow rule one.

Running router setup via wireless connection usually leads to problems. Some comical, some just annoying. Some scary.
I did set up wired to the modem. Figured out how to give different names so I see 5G now.

Anyone have experience with MoCa adapters? I have an existing google mesh but want a faster connection into one room and I wanted to setup a MoCa to it. I know where to out the MoCa in that room but where do I place it on the other side? My cable modem goes directly to google mesh and from there to a switch. Do I put that MoCa between the street and modem? Do I need a splitter somewhere so the data goes back from the switch to the adapter?
I had a MoCa setup in the past. I believe the MoCa adapter acted as a passthrough for the coax connection. So you would put it between the wall and cable modem on the one end. Of course you may not be using the same hardware I used, and if passthrough is not an option, then you would need a splitter or a different wall connection. But it definitely goes from wall via coax to the MoCa adapter. In my case it was between the wall and modem on one end and between wall and TV/cable box on the remote side.

So, after messing around in NMM for the majority of my Skyrim modding, I skipped over Vortex and am starting over with Mod Organizer 2 for SSE. A bit of an initial learning curve, but damn, now I understand why people say there's no reason not to use it. Now, just need to combine a few things and make some decisions to get my plugin count to 255...

The Last of Us: Part II could also be coming to the PC:

https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=207369

Info:

- Naughty Dog posted a job on LinkedIn for The Last of Us: Part II.

- They are looking for a graphics programmer with GPU experience with NVidia & AMD...

- ...And DX12 & Vulkan experience.

- ...And has experience for PC or consoles
Epic Games Store exclusive would be the nail in the coffin for Steam. Congrats!

The Last of Us: Part II could also be coming to the PC:

https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=207369

Info:

- Naughty Dog posted a job on LinkedIn for The Last of Us: Part II.

- They are looking for a graphics programmer with GPU experience with NVidia & AMD...

- ...And DX12 & Vulkan experience.

- ...And has experience for PC or consoles
These are some general PS5 design job requisites. The console will have an AMD CPU and GPU. Probably more for optimization with PS Now than anything.

I don't consider that indefinite. Clickbait.
Definitions B and C sound right to me. We don't know when it's coming now; they didn't say.

Indefinite:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/indefinite

Definition of indefinite

: not definite: such as
a : typically designating an unidentified, generic, or unfamiliar person or thing the indefinite articles a and an indefinite pronouns
b : not precise : vague
c : having no exact limits

I had a MoCa setup in the past. I believe the MoCa adapter acted as a passthrough for the coax connection. So you would put it between the wall and cable modem on the one end. Of course you may not be using the same hardware I used, and if passthrough is not an option, then you would need a splitter or a different wall connection. But it definitely goes from wall via coax to the MoCa adapter. In my case it was between the wall and modem on one end and between wall and TV/cable box on the remote side.
Thanks. I did some trial and error since I posted. My Actiontec MoCa is after the modem by coax and connected to the switch by cat6. The MoCa coax out passes the signal to my tv. My other terminal end room coax is attached to the MoCa and the cat 6 is to my pc. There is no coax out for that one since I dont have a tv to connect to it. My throughput is exactly like when it was all cat6. Very cool.

So, after messing around in NMM for the majority of my Skyrim modding, I skipped over Vortex and am starting over with Mod Organizer 2 for SSE. A bit of an initial learning curve, but damn, now I understand why people say there's no reason not to use it. Now, just need to combine a few things and make some decisions to get my plugin count to 255...
well now you have to give us some recommendations of must have mods. and if one of them isn't clean faces, i will be very disappointed.

bread's done
Back