Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Does it have a built in toilet?
No. You see those two cups near the monitor?

If you look toward the back, you'll see the occupant's actual beverages stored above the books on the vaguely nightstand-y thing.

I just wonder which cup is for urine and which one is for feces. His mom would need to know that.

I figured most of you owned one of these by now.

whIqiAY.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked it up. Thanks.

Unfortunately it had an error processing so it charged me by didn’t get a code. Have a support ticket in now.
Oddly enough, it accepted all my payments and stuff, and said it didn't go through when hit to place an order.

Yet, it all actually did go through - and the game key was under my account and orders.

And I got e-mails about the order going through w/ the key, receipt for payments, and all of that stuff.

Might want to check your account and orders on Chrono.GG account, where the keys are located.

[shrug]

If it ain't that - yeah, hope Chrono can fix things w/ that support ticket. Good luck.

Oddly enough, it accepted all my payments and stuff, and said it didn't go through when hit to place an order.
Yet, it all actually did go through - and the game key was under my account and orders.
And I got e-mails about the order going through w/ the key, receipt for payments, and all of that stuff.
Might want to check your account and orders on Chrono.GG account, where the keys are located.

[shrug]

If it ain't that - yeah, hope Chrono can fix things w/ that support ticket. Good luck.
I’m sure it is that, because it’s very similar to my experience but it let me buy it via PayPal without making an account, so I can’t just go in and check my account. The only two emails I got were receipts from chrono and PayPal, but nothing with a key in it.

I’m sure they’ll get it fixed. Not too worried about it.

Edit: annnnd fixed. Also, the key was in my junk/spam folder. In hindsight, I didn’t even think to check my junk mail, because I got the receipt from chrono, I didn’t think outlook would would split 2 emails from the same business up that just one of them was spam.

I’m sure it is that, because it’s very similar to my experience but it let me buy it via PayPal without making an account, so I can’t just go in and check my account. The only two emails I got were receipts from chrono and PayPal, but nothing with a key in it.

I’m sure they’ll get it fixed. Not too worried about it.

Edit: annnnd fixed. Also, the key was in my junk/spam folder. In hindsight, I didn’t even think to check my junk mail, because I got the receipt from chrono, I didn’t think outlook would would split 2 emails from the same business up that just one of them was spam.
Spam lists can be crazy these days. Comcast likes to let some ebay and amazon emails through and others it blocks as spam. It does it to steam and humble too. Thats before it ever gets to my email client. It forces you to use their web page to check the spam folder every so often. I had a similar problem to yours awhile back. I got the paypal receipt but the digital store's email went straight to spam folder.

Reliably, Comcast lets the very obvious spam through that my email clients then auto block images etc. on.

I'm just stunned to see GameTap after all these years. I used to write promotional copy for them! I didn't think they were still in business!

Well, I ended up picking up the three of them, which should basically guarantee that they show up either in next month's Humble Choice or a Fanatical bundle. 

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest is one of the best NES games of all time.  It was the first true 'vania' in the 'Metroidvania' definition.  Casltlevania 1 was stage based whereas Simon's Quest was open world.

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest is one of the best NES games of all time. It was the first true 'vania' in the 'Metroidvania' definition. Casltlevania 1 was stage based whereas Simon's Quest was open world.
Its actually the first game reviewed by AVGN... but you're right. It's not a bad game it was just ahead of it's time.

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest is one of the best NES games of all time. It was the first true 'vania' in the 'Metroidvania' definition. Casltlevania 1 was stage based whereas Simon's Quest was open world.
Nah. Castlevania 2 was fundamentally flawed.
The localization was flawed, which made the fact that NPCs specifically lied to you even worse.
Then you have the fact that the controls are worse and the boss fights are laughable in comparison to Castlevania and Castlevania 3.

It did a lot of important stuff, and it's pretty fair to argue that without Castlevania 2 there would be no Symphony of the Night, but it doesn't change the fact that the game was overly cryptic in a time when even the idea of strategy guides was rare and if you didn't have Nintendo Power you might have just given up on the game after banging your head against a wall (Either at Deborah Cliff or in searching for the graveyard duck). The day/night cycle is a neat idea but forcing ten-second transition every 7 minutes is jarring and less than fun, and takes away from the game as a whole.

Simon's Quest is an ambitious but failed attempt.
It's full of great ideas, but it was about ten year too early for game designers to reasonably pull off what they were attempting to do, and for the audience to be able to appreciate it.

You should have a higher regard for your writing, man. Or is it really that bad? /S
Heh. Well clearly my writing didn't kill them, because they're still around fifteen years later!

But seriously, GameTap used to be something entirely different; an online gaming subscription service sort of like Xbox Game Pass. 2005 seemed to be too early for that concept to work, so the brand was eventually sold to this new company Metaboli.

Heh. Well clearly my writing didn't kill them, because they're still around fifteen years later!

But seriously, GameTap used to be something entirely different; an online gaming subscription service sort of like Xbox Game Pass. 2005 seemed to be too early for that concept to work, so the brand was eventually sold to this new company Metaboli.
I miss GameTap's strange and unusual games. They once had the fairly unknown in the west Famicom Tetris.

It seems their US operations moved to a different state after splitting from Turner/Warner.

Division 2 season pass starts tomorrow. Make sure you kill keener tonight.
played a little before and after maintenance. s season pass for a loot game is weird because aside from the cosmetic stuff you just get... loot. then at the end of the season you can just straight up buy the track, so you're paying... for loot. anyways, thanks for the striker set. it just fast tracked me to throw all my current gear in the trash.

Awesome @ H:ZD coming to PC and Steam.

Is Killzone series coming here too?
My brother in law works for Sony and he tells me they've been keeping track of every request for a PC port of PlayStation exclusive games you've made on this forum that's dedicated to game deals. They were really struggling with whether to keep their games exclusive or bring them to other platforms, but your requests were too hard to ignore! So please, continue to request PC ports of console exclusive games on this game deals forum. They're totally listening!

Oh and best of all, every game will be released for $5 and specifically optimized to run on your exact laptop specs. They haven't forgotten what they are because you won't let them - or anybody else!

My brother in law works for Sony and he tells me they've been keeping track of every request for a PC port of PlayStation exclusive games you've made on this forum that's dedicated to game deals. They were really struggling with whether to keep their games exclusive or bring them to other platforms, but your requests were too hard to ignore! So please, continue to request PC ports of console exclusive games on this game deals forum. They're totally listening!

Oh and best of all, every game will be released for $5 and specifically optimized to run on your exact laptop specs. They haven't forgotten what they are because you won't let them - or anybody else!
Awesome.

Tell your brother-in-law that I also want these PS Exclusives to appear in next month's Humble Choice:

Last of Us 1, upcoming Last of Us 2, all of the God of Wars, Insomniac's Spider-Man, Infamous series, Uncharted series, Bloodborne, all Ratchet & Clank games, Until Dawn, The Order 1886, Days Gone, all Gran Turismo games, Shadow of the Colossus, Demon's Souls, and Folklore.

EDIT:

While I'm at it, know anyone else that works for Nintendo? I got list of those ones too, which you could pass along.

"Playstation Mobile" also published Helldivers on Steam

what exactly is playstation mobile?
Defunct digital titles were sold on psn through them. When sony got rid of it they removed all the mobile titles from the store and there's no way to download them anymore from what I recall. So if you remove them from your system you can't ever get them back. And iirc they had it set up so that taking out your vita's memory card removed them for a time. There was a big stink about it in the psn thread a year or more back for those of us that had titles.

I know we have a fanatical thread, but it's feels... sad and deserted, so I'm going to squeeze this out here.

Assuming I know next to nothing (and that's a very safe assumption) about coding/programming/game design from a technical POV would getting this full bundle be a good buy?:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/coding-and-game-development-build-your-own-bundle-with-zenva

Short sob story long

I'm at the end of another long term relationship.

*slow clap from the back of the audience*

If I'd have had the opportunity to bet the farm on the odds of this love lasting, I'd be a homeless farmer, which is pretty close to my new reality. Because the city I'm in has such a high cost of living, I am now forced to relocate back near my family. I love them and all, but: boo.The other thing is that while I am a sort of jack of many trades, my main area of experience (see primary resume points) and expertise is also a miserable and relatively low paying, life draining slog and also nearly nonexistent where I'll now be calling home for the foreseeable future.

And, so... I love, not only buying games for cheap, but actually playing them and also the idea of creating them. I'd toyed with going to game design school when I was younger and foolishly, just like the young jackass I was, decided it was just "too much to learn". Well, time, growing older and life hardships will really do a number on perceptions. I need something to work towards, to learn and mature in, that could, hopefully, turn into other employment possibilities and ultimately, just be a way to make money. I'm not delusional enough to think it'll happen quickly or that I could throw all in right away, but I do have some money saved that would allow me to focus my attention strictly on learning something like this, for the next 6 months to a year.

In summation, for those who are in the know, would this bundle be a good, basic and useful first stepping stone intro to creating games/content?

I know we have a fanatical thread, but it's feels... sad and deserted, so I'm going to squeeze this out here.

Assuming I know next to nothing (and that's a very safe assumption) about coding/programming/game design from a technical POV would getting this full bundle be a good buy?:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/coding-and-game-development-build-your-own-bundle-with-zenva

Short sob story long

I'm at the end of another long term relationship.

*slow clap from the back of the audience*

If I'd have had the opportunity to bet the farm on the odds of this love lasting, I'd be a homeless farmer, which is pretty close to my new reality. Because the city I'm in has such a high cost of living, I am now forced to relocate back near my family. I love them and all, but: boo.The other thing is that while I am a sort of jack of many trades, my main area of experience (see primary resume points) and expertise is also a miserable and relatively low paying, life draining slog and also nearly nonexistent where I'll now be calling home for the foreseeable future.

And, so... I love, not only buying games for cheap, but actually playing them and also the idea of creating them. I'd toyed with going to game design school when I was younger and foolishly, just like the young jackass I was, decided it was just "too much to learn". Well, time, growing older and life hardships will really do a number on perceptions. I need something to work towards, to learn and mature in, that could, hopefully, turn into other employment possibilities and ultimately, just be a way to make money. I'm not delusional enough to think it'll happen quickly or that I could throw all in right away, but I do have some money saved that would allow me to focus my attention strictly on learning something like this, for the next 6 months to a year.

In summation, for those who are in the know, would this bundle be a good, basic and useful first stepping stone intro to creating games/content?
Here's a thread on reddit about a Zenva bundle from Humble. I haven't read it yet.

bread's done
Back