Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Preview of Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

That looks like it's coming together nicely.

Question - will those of us who got AoE for $0.10 on Games for Windows Live ten (!) years ago be grandfathered in with a free upgrade to AoE III: DE?

ke1K46W.png
Hahaha. I bought that game back then too. Pretty sure that Microsoft "lost" our receipts for that game ages ago.

Bought Spelunky 2 earlier today. Put in about three hours so far. Maybe it's just because I'm not accustomed to all the new enemies and traps yet but it's been noticeably more difficult than the original. I really missed this slow, rewarding sense of progression that I got from the first game. There's so many new mechanics that it's almost like learning how to play all over again. I love it.

Bought Spelunky 2 earlier today. Put in about three hours so far. Maybe it's just because I'm not accustomed to all the new enemies and traps yet but it's been noticeably more difficult than the original. I really missed this slow, rewarding sense of progression that I got from the first game. There's so many new mechanics that it's almost like learning how to play all over again. I love it.
I'm too busy watching the crap show debate. The whole thing is making me laugh. Can't focus. Maybe tomm.

I got email about RTX3080 cards being in stovk twice today from newegg. Never saw them on a refresh but this is the first time I got auto notified so maybe the supply chain is getting better.

Weird thing is that I already hated Terrence Howard even before seeing this. Only other people I've always hated are Amy Schumer and Melissa McCarthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Spelunky 2. I knew what I was getting into and don't regret it, but it does feel too similar to the first game to me and I hate how much progress is probably going to rely on knowing secrets. I do enjoy the aspects of making little discoveries as I play, but worry that making big progress in the game would require me to look stuff up, watch videos, etc.

I hate how much progress is probably going to rely on knowing secrets
That's not true at all. There are lots of things to discover, and lots of those discoveries can help you with progression, but anyone actually playing that game will without question discover enough of those things organically to progress through the game on their own.

I got email about RTX3080 cards being in stovk twice today from newegg. Never saw them on a refresh but this is the first time I got auto notified so maybe the supply chain is getting better.
There were buttons for both the Gigabyte Gaming and the ASUS TUF up last night but I couldn't add them to my cart. I woke up today and those same two listings were still flickering again this morning. So they have been ghosting since last night. Even stranger is when you change the newegg slider to 'in stock' it has shown the same four OOS cards since yesterday. I think they've been implementing measures to IP ban bots. AFAIK none of them have been available and I've seen the buttons for these two cards several times again today.

Yeah I've seen traces of new stock recently.  I've been watching Best Buy and it's just a terrible experience.  I got the the final checkout screen of the Gigabyte Eagle a few days ago.  Today I got to the same final screen with an "open box" (other 750 gigabyte model) and lost it as well.

Newegg has been on decline for a while now.  But their recent public  statements about "100% of the sales are human" and the cards brining "more traffic than Black Friday!" has me never wanting to check that site again.

Clearly you've needed  to go beyond stating your opinion on the new cards a few times to now making a compulsory dump anytime the hardware is mentioned.  Regardless, thanks for reminding me to place you on ignore. 

Overwatch FREE download code plus 200 league coins.

https://uprising.overwatchleague.com/en-us/getoverwatch
I got the email about this but was too busy to click it right away. Two hours later:

Due to high demand, this form is closed. All eligible entries will receive codes within 72 hours.
So I wonder if this means they'll send them to everyone who received the email or everyone who went to that form before they took it down.

In other news, I may have landed a 3080 that will be delivered in a month. If you really want one I can recommend a twitch stream to watch. The chat is filled with helpful folks.

I got the email about this but was too busy to click it right away. Two hours later:

So I wonder if this means they'll send them to everyone who received the email or everyone who went to that form before they took it down.

In other news, I may have landed a 3080 that will be delivered in a month. If you really want one I can recommend a twitch stream to watch. The chat is filled with helpful folks.
PCG has an article about the overwatch thing:

https://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-was-briefly-offered-for-free-on-pc-but-the-giveaway-was-taken-down/

Best speedrun for Spelunky 2 is three minutes long.

Finally got a gaming PC after years of playing OW on consoles & just missed that free code. Hoping it comes back again later this year or something with Blizzcon, who knows.

Yeah I've seen traces of new stock recently. I've been watching Best Buy and it's just a terrible experience. I got the the final checkout screen of the Gigabyte Eagle a few days ago. Today I got to the same final screen with an "open box" (other 750 gigabyte model) and lost it as well.

Newegg has been on decline for a while now. But their recent public statements about "100% of the sales are human" and the cards brining "more traffic than Black Friday!" has me never wanting to check that site again.
I wasn't aware. Granted I rarely shop with them outside of new nintendo console releases they do bundled with smash every generation at a steep discount. They are the only reason I owned a wiiu and why I have a launch switch.

I downloaded Flight Simulator tonight before my data rolls over tomorrow. I figured I'd play a little before bed, but I'm greeted to an additional 100gb update that looks to take hours to download for some reason.

Finally got a gaming PC after years of playing OW on consoles & just missed that free code. Hoping it comes back again later this year or something with Blizzcon, who knows.
It is coming back, and soon. Boston Uprising just jumped the gun. If I had to bet, I expect it will be connected to the Grand Finals, which take place next weekend (October 8-11).

https://www.pcgamer.com/gog-galaxy-is-letting-testers-buy-epic-exclusives-directly-from-the-app/

I imagine you still need to have an epic account and (maybe?) software so its cool but not super cool.

Until now, the GOG Galaxy store tab has only included GOG's catalogue of games, but testers will now see hand-picked Epic Game Store exclusives as well, including The Outer Worlds, Mortal Shell, Maneater and MechWarrior 5.
If GOG is selecting titles from Epic to hand-pick - these better be titles that are DRM-Free and remain forever DRM-Free on the Epic Store - which should include the base-game and all of their DLC's and expansions as well working DRM-FREE style.

With buzz that Nvidia might actually have competition at the high end tier from AMD in another week or so, it feels like it makes more sense to just wait for now.  Even if you're sure that the 3080 is the card for you, once the AMD cards come out it should help relieve some of the demand pressure and possibly even affect pricing.

Can't wait to see what AMD has to offer at mid-range price points.   Highly unlikely that they will have similar raytracing and DLSS capabilities though. 

With buzz that Nvidia might actually have competition at the high end tier from AMD in another week or so, it feels like it makes more sense to just wait for now. Even if you're sure that the 3080 is the card for you, once the AMD cards come out it should help relieve some of the demand pressure and possibly even affect pricing.
woah-there-guy-you-are-making-too-much-sense.jpg

This 3000 series launch has really put a bad taste in my mouth for Nvidia and how they do graphic card business/communicate with customers. Since that 970, I've been leaning on green because of my poor past experiences with faulty AMD/ATI cards and AMD CPUs before it. I wasn't in a hurry to get a 3080 or 3090 because I had no doubts there'd be a TI/Super/more vrams variant sooner than later, but I sincerely hope AMD sack slaps that ding dong in the leather jacket when it comes to what these upcoming cards are capable of. Don't get me wrong, as I think Nvidia makes a superior product, especially in the driver/software dept, but I feel like they either 1) paper launched/deliberately misled people about stock quantities at launch OR 2) were willfully ignorant/totally disregarded the scalper and bot threat. I don't know which, (suppose it could be some of both) but either truth really turns me off.

I don't know.  As much as I think Nvidia products are overhyped and essentially the iPhones of the PC part world, its in their best interest to sell stuff.  It seems simple, but all these companies seem to struggle with supply when they release something new (PS5, XBOX1XS1X, 3080s) are all sold out and OOS.  You'd think bigger companies like Sony and MS would be sure there was a console available for everyone who wanted one.  So, I don't know.  Seems like maybe there are some supply chain issues at work or something.  I don't think these companies are purposely infuriating their fanboys.  I mean it took almost a year for the Switch to be readily available.

Also rumors that Gigabyte readying their own RTX 3060 Ti's soon too:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gigabyte-readies-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-graphics-cards
3060's aren't even close to being stocked yet. This is so far off that I'd take it off my radar. There is no reason for Ti's anywhere in the near future. Maybe late spring 2021 at the earliest.

The point being that there's no such thing as "I'm going to wait for the Ti" right now. Gains would be minimal unless we're waiting for another year. Nvidia hasn't even announced the RTX 3060 yet.

This 3000 series launch has really put a bad taste in my mouth for Nvidia and how they do graphic card business/communicate with customers. Since that 970, I've been leaning on green because of my poor past experiences with faulty AMD/ATI cards and AMD CPUs before it. I wasn't in a hurry to get a 3080 or 3090 because I had no doubts there'd be a TI/Super/more vrams variant sooner than later, but I sincerely hope AMD sack slaps that ding dong in the leather jacket when it comes to what these upcoming cards are capable of. Don't get me wrong, as I think Nvidia makes a superior product, especially in the driver/software dept, but I feel like they either 1) paper launched/deliberately misled people about stock quantities at launch OR 2) were willfully ignorant/totally disregarded the scalper and bot threat. I don't know which, (suppose it could be some of both) but either truth really turns me off.
AMD Master Race.

With buzz that Nvidia might actually have competition at the high end tier from AMD in another week or so, it feels like it makes more sense to just wait for now. Even if you're sure that the 3080 is the card for you, once the AMD cards come out it should help relieve some of the demand pressure and possibly even affect pricing.
I think Nvidia's fear of big Navi is what led to the 3080 being so cheap. Compare MSRP and performance of the 3080 and the 2080Ti and they're giving consumers significantly more performance for 25-35% less cost. That's crazy.

For sure high-end, stable AMD GPUs will exist sooner than later, but for now AMD's driver situation is unacceptable for many consumers given that the cards have a reputation of regular crashes, requiring lots of tweaking, and being unable to run VR.

welp, TrumpCat and MelaniaCat have the beer plague, so i guess that's a sign for me to wait for amd cards. either that or cancel my humble choice sub, who knows?

The global pandemic is stretching supply chains all over the globe... I don't know why this seems to be a surprise.

They seem to be trying not to avoid repeating mistakes... Seems reasonable to me.
Yep. But it's that damned if you do, damned if you don't for them. Delay it to stockpile some cards and have more supply and get criticized for the delay. Release early and sell out and get criticized for selling out.

Having a more available at launch should theoretically combat the bot problem as the people who really want them should be able to get one and there's less demand on the secondary market.

bread's done
Back