Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Z8UfYhd.gif

Finished up Vampyr the other day, which was a great flawed-gem. Cult classic written all over it.

Like Vampire: Bloodlines - the combat in Vampyr isn't spectacular and isn't super-deep (and it's not as clunky as Bloodlines was, since Bloodlines is often based on stats & "dice-rolls"), but everything else about Vampyr was fantastic: writing, dialogue, story, plot, characters, narrative, plot, voice-acting, atmosphere, immersion, music & decision-making.

There were times I had a lot of difficulty getting through the game on Normal, especially later on, as I was trying to stay good and save everyone (or close to it), but the game was so out-leveling me big time. Had to kill some NPC's and many other NPC's died on me, as I wanted to push this story ahead...and make the game easier, more or less. The more quests you do and more NPC's that you max-out their Blood Pool (to get XP from them, if you bite them) by doing their quests, finding out info about NPC's from doing stuff (finding Lore in the game-world, doing quests, talking to other NPC's, etc) - the better off you can be, if you need to bite NPC's to level-up faster.

So, I do wonder if it would be best for many to start w/ Story Mode on Play-through 1 (especially if you are trying to be a "Good" character to save as many as you can) and then replay on Normal? Or if some people that finish it on Normal (who don't do so well, in the end & grand scheme of things) might in a 2nd run-through go right into Story Mode?

Also went through Injustice 2: Legendary Edition's very own Story Mode yesterday.

Took about 5.5 hours to get through it, according to Steam. It was really good and I had a blast w/ it. Like the original Injustice - lots of action; tons of story & Lore; tons of characters; and all kind of madness happening. The game often gives a chapter to certain Superhero...or Superheroes, as sometimes you can pick b/t two different characters to fight as, when about to do a fight. Basically, combat is Mortal Kombat's systems and combat, but with a few twists of their own and Superheroes are here: there's Super Moves; Clash special moves (which feel like Rock/Paper/Scissor type of special move). Really enjoyed it. Game ran great and played game on my old desktop at 1080p60 at mostly a mix of Medium & High settings. This isn't even getting into the game's other modes - such as Multi-Player (which has modes for Enabling Leveled-Gear or Disabling Gear to play old-school style; Ladder Mode like the old MK's have and Injustice with an ending for each characters; and who knows what else is here.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I do wonder if it would be best for many to start w/ Story Mode on Play-through 1 (especially if you are trying to be a "Good" character to save as many as you can) and then replay on Normal? Or if some people that finish it on Normal (who don't do so well, in the end & grand scheme of things) might in a 2nd run-through go right into Story Mode?
Its not that hard, just remember to level up your claws and stuff, there was something like a blood bubble that would give you cc and damage, I managed to beat it in hard with the best ending.

Isn't the delay good? They can polish up the game a bit more and continue to work their employees like dogs... No? They should just pushed CP2077 to next year to be safe.

I say keep delaying Cyberpunk.  I'd rather keep hearing the complaints about the delays than the game come out and people complain about not being able to find a 3080 to play it on.  The more it gets delayed the more likely everyone will have a 3080 by then. 

^ Will watch while eating Doritos and Mountain Dew, sitting in my Razer gaming chair, and live-posting minute-by-minute reactions in my private Discord.

A quick review of a Steam game of mine. I finally played White Wings, a VN on Steam. I should have played it closer to when I bought it because I dislike the game a lot and should have refunded it. Honestly the graphics are pretty nice but the story and characters are causing me to quit it after about 3 hours or so. It's pretty much self loathing and drama the game. I don't want to spoil but I strongly dislike the 3 main characters and the side characters are terrible people too. The translation is somewhat subpar sometimes with strange English, but it isn't unreadable or machine translated trash. VNs are made by their characters and story though, so this is a big yuck. I'd rather play Euphoria again and I struggled through that one a lot mainly because of the subject matter. Just a waste of time honestly and I don't care how these characters work out their school life. 5.5/10

itch.io actually has a decent Halloween sale.
Ryza Roads is 100% off when I look at the sale page. It was part of that giant bundle but, if you skipped that, it's a fun little "open world racer". Probably best for kids since it's pretty simple but I had fun with it.

Honestly the graphics are pretty nice but the story and characters are causing me to quit it after about 3 hours or so. It's pretty much self loathing and drama the game.
Wait, you were reading a Visual Novel? I thought you were supposed to just mash the space bar and wait for the anime nudes.

As long as I'm rambling, I was throwing together a junk build (or planning to) and got completely hung up on the GPU. It would be paired with an old Xeon processor so I'm not looking to spend much money on it but anything better than a glorified video adapter runs easily $60+ on the used market and closer to $80+. Dropping 3x the price of the CPU/MB on a shitty GPU sort of defeats the purpose or fun of it.

Hi, my name is weretable and I am a Phasmophobia addict.

But today I am playing Ghostrunner, which I hated, then sorta liked, then loved and preordered.  I am not that far in but I am greatly enjoying it so far.  It frustrates the hell out of me at times but it does what it does amazingly well.  My one complaint so far is a few of the cyberspace bits which are sometimes more about puzzle solving or finnicky jumping rather than parkour so it somewhat takes you out of the game.  And then you get thrown back into the run-dash-kill high speed parkour stuff and it feels a bit disjointed.  Gets quite a bit harder than the demo levels pretty fast but as you get better it evens out somewhat.  Also it has skills/perks that take the form of items that you fit together like tetris pieces to try and manage whatever space you have unlocked to get the most out of the area you have available.  

I look forward to watching some speed runners play this in a couple of weeks after struggling through it myself, should prove entertaining to watch them breeze through it like it is nothing.

^ Will watch while eating Doritos and Mountain Dew, sitting in my Razer gaming chair, and live-posting minute-by-minute reactions in my private Discord.
I'm hoping the live action AssCreed show is interactive so that I can press the '(B) Skip' button on my TV remote and skip the 'modern day storyline' segments of the show.

I'm hoping the live action AssCreed show is interactive so that I can press the '(B) Skip' button on my TV remote and skip the 'modern day storyline' segments of the show.
You sound like one of those people who watches adult films but skips all the character development and story building scenes.

Stuff's getting interesting.

According to AMD and their charts: AMD Radeon 6900XT card ($1000) is trading blows with RTX 3090 ($1500):

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3587327/amd-radeon-rx-6000-graphics-cards-rdna-2-infinity-cache-smart-access-memory.html

Gonna be interesting to see, as AMD has some new proprietary AMD Rage tech which allows users that have both the AMD 5xxx CPU to work w/ the AMD 6xxx cards to use talk to AMD CPU to use its resources when necessary to boost performance even more so.

How much AMD Rage can boost stuff, we really don't know yet. [shrug]

Some of AMD's slide were w/ Rage, some weren't.

Regardless...AMD's gonna be close, give or take, w/ what NVidia's doing.

This could be like the old days, where NVidia and AMD were often so damn close - people will have to look at image quality and driver quality to decide, "Who's better?"

I was happy to see the AMD results today.  Having a couple cards that actually compete is a good thing and, God willing, the 6800XT will take pressure off the RTX 3080 market and let some cards see the light of day on the shelves.

Since the 6800XT and 3080 are virtually identical at 1440p, I still plan to go with the 3080 to take advantage of the native GSync module in my monitor but otherwise it'd be a coin toss.

Heads up - Best Buy has been going in and out of stock for the 3080 FEs

EDIT:

Seems to be dead now.

Has anyone recovered from a Steam sale addiction and actually played their games? I have thousands of games and for years literally only play the same few over and over again. I tell myself I won't buy anymore until I actually play through them but the sales get me every time. I literally have enough games to last the rest of my life. I'm also a console peasant to make it worse.
You're in the land of cranky old men. Noone here has much cared about Steam Sales since they added refunds and took away flash sales... the only place you ever saw super-normal price drops or price mistakes. And don't even get them started on bundles.

Has anyone recovered from a Steam sale addiction and actually played their games? I have thousands of games and for years literally only play the same few over and over again. I tell myself I won't buy anymore until I actually play through them but the sales get me every time. I literally have enough games to last the rest of my life. I'm also a console peasant to make it worse.
Hahahaha. No. No time to play. Too busy deal hunting.

Got my 3080 today and only had a chance to play a couple of games but so far it is working fine with my 650w power supply. NewEgg clearly could tell I was shopping around for a new PSU since they sent me an email showing me all the ones I had been looking at and gave me a targeted $10 promo so I ended up going all in the 1000W SuperFlower:

ETeoyrI.jpg

Both units are beastly but I can't believe how heavy the PSU is. Tempted to return it since I don't think I'll need it for now but I've grown attached so I'll be hanging onto it until I'm ready for a full upgrade next year.

I had missed that Super Flower was selling officially now in North America. Good to see since those evga models were so good. I ended up with 3 of them.

I don't buy much on Steam other than visual novels and rogue and rogue lite games. Crown Trick and Iwaihime are my likely to play soon. I will also be buying Cyberpunk 2077 whenever it releases and whoever has the best discount on it at launch.

I mainly play Caveblazers, Nuclear Throne, and Spelunky on Steam, and I only play those once a day in order to post my daily score on the leaderboards. I own way too many games, and I work a lot of hours, so I never really have time to play them anyway. But for some of us, finding a good deal is its own reward. Sometimes, it's more exciting than booting up a new game.

I'm on vacation from work this week...and have been on a roll.

Finished up since this weekend - Vampyr; Story Mode for Injustice 2; and RE: Revelations 2 - Episodes 2+3.

We're mostly all in the same place. My idea of breaking the funk is buying a bunch of games on sale, playing them each about 5 minutes, and then not touching them again. I did recently finish the base game on Dying Light which I bought 5 years ago, so there's that.

I'm tempted to grab Disc Room for $5 with the Epic coupon. Something about that game seems really appealing, but I could also see myself playing it once and not coming back to it.

I think they had a demo that they removed after the game released; kind of annoying that I didn't get to try it.

bread's done
Back