Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
If Condemned: Criminal Origins; Observer; some FPS's; and some stealth games all got together & had a baby -
Ummm... MysterD, that's not how babies are made. It only takes 2... Like when I'm with your mom... Then boom! 9 months later little MysterE is on the scene....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm... MysterD, that's not how babies are made. It only takes 2... Like when I'm with your mom... Then boom! 9 months later little MysterE is on the scene....
My post was saying that all ("If Condemned: Criminal Origins; Observer; some FPS's; and some stealth games all got together & had a baby") as a metaphor, not actually literal.

My post was saying that all ("If Condemned: Criminal Origins; Observer; some FPS's; and some stealth games all got together & had a baby") as a metaphor, not actually literal.
Sorry buddy, you'll have to move to the shed from your basement MysterDCave... That crib belongs to Little MysterE now....

At least these days we make it to a conference game with a first string qb still in at the end. I remember the days where we would bite our nails hoping we wouldn't run out of backups when we put our 3rd stringer in.

This message of hope brought to you by a WI Packer fan...
Yeah it's been really tough for you guys winning 13 national championships and having two franchise QBs winning two Super Bowls over the last 30 years. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been.

Sorry buddy, you'll have to move to the shed from your basement MysterDCave... That crib belongs to Little MysterE now....
source.gif

Without counting the bundle game (BF4) when I bought a PS4 on launch, the last game I pre-ordered was Devil Summoner 2 Raiho Edition, then Half Life 2 Collector's Edition... then Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption Collectors Edition, then Ultima XI: Dragon Edition, then Mario 64/Waverace 64/Pilotwings 64 when N64 came out.

That's all... I've never been much for pre-ordering.

Mine was River King for the PS2. I think that may have been the only copy that Gamestop got. I didn't care for the game too much and played for 2 weeks and traded it in I believe. I'm guilty of pre-ordering often enough, but it's usually niche games that came out a while back and are localized, so there aren't too many surprises other than bad translations sometimes. It hurts then games crash in price like the Yakuza Trilogy collection, but every now and then I get something that isn't around much. I just like supporting those companies, as I like playing niche games. I only pre-order multiplayer games if my friends will play them too even if they suck or are underwhelming (Anthem).

My most recent pre-order was FIFA 21 (Xbox One) last fall, due to the "GameStop coins". The change of schedule (and everything, really) due to the pandemic probably definitely played a part in that. There was also the promise of an Xbox SX version should I upgrade within the year (admittedly not a high probability given my habits as a late adopter).

Before that was Just Cause 2 (Xbox 360) in spring of 2010. So apparently I pre-order about once a decade.  :whistle2:k

I *have* bought games at full price, though. There was Red Faction: Guerrilla, and...hmm.

I guess I really *am* a CAG. I think I registered here on the site just about the time I started buying games on Steam. 

And yes, I like third-person open-world games--with little if any plot--in which I can blow shit up. I think I've bought/been given RF:G on five different platforms. Would appreciate recommendations!

The only game I ever pre-ordered was the first FIFA Soccer on the Sega Genesis. I am the CAGest CAG the world has ever seen! Even though I'm very, very new to CAG

Mortal Kombat 1 on Genesis was probably the first game I had pre-ordered.

Not sure if I had SMB 3 on NES on pre-order, but we (me & dad) were there on Day 1 release at Child World to get it. Damn, that brings back memories. Waiting in line and all, old-school style. Out the damn door and lined-up in front of the store, before they were open.

Last game I pre-ordered was XCOM: Chimera Squad - and that's b/c at $8 or so, I figured that would be a steal. Yeah, I was right on the $ with that one.

Logitech G305 w/pad via Walmart. If can locate on clearence,it's $19.88

Keyboard wise,all depends.
I picked up one of these a few days back but haven't actually hooked it up yet. The mouse is a bit small for me but I have bigger hands. The mouse pad it pretty big, never had a "gaming" one before so maybe thats the point. It comes with a usb cord to extend the receiver right up the the mouse...seems to defeat the point in wireless to me but perhaps that's a thing in gaming mice?

Overall, this package seems alright and I was in the market for a new mouse.

I am not sure what the first game I preordered was.  The first one I can remember preordering and paying for myself was Diablo 2 Collector's Edition.  Not sure if my parents ever preordered NES/SNES games for me or just bought them at the store.  Way too long ago for me to remember that shit. 

Speaking of preorders, Binding of Isaac's new expansion is available for preorder now.  Releases March 31.  I have a measly 100 hours in the game compared to some of these people with literal thousands but that is still a lot of entertainment for the price, plus I wasn't tired of it I just took a break and well, weretabled it.  Forgot it existed and never got back to it.  

Lately I have been playing some random stuff in between binging on Borderlands.  Being reminded of the Poker Night games made me reinstall them and I enjoyed the first one for a bit, but even with the longer conversations turned off there was still enough babbling to make me quit pretty fast.   Fired up the second one and was reminded why I didn't play it much.  Better cast with Ash, Brock, Claptrap and Sam (although Ash not being voiced by Bruce Campbell still saddens me) and far less annoying conversations but it doesn't appear you can turn them off at all in this one and you do start hearing repeats pretty fast.  Additionally there are frequent interrupts by Glados and when you just want to play a quick hand of poker it gets irritating.  The first one is much friendlier in that regard.  Amusing enough for a couple of hours if you like Venture Bros/Borderlands but I'm sick of it already too.  Neither are available for sale anymore so this is pointless unless you already have them sitting in your library anyway.  

As for the Borderlands binging, I did an almost complete replay of the BL2 story and all of the DLC that I had not seen before, I liked most of it a lot.  There is a brief Doctor Who reference in Opportunity that I missed when I played it before.  I then finished what little content I hadn't seen in Borderlands 1 and knocked out the last few achievements just because.  I actually started playing BL1 Enhanced just to see how much they changed it and I am debating on playing through the entire story (other than DLC) in it as well before I move on to finishing up TPS.   

I love the way it rains loot in BL1.  I remember now that was one of the only disappointments for my friends when BL2 came out, we saw very little that was purple or better.  In BL1 you WILL see legendaries as you play and some will be OP (friend playing Mord as a sniper got a Volcano at like level 15 or something and used it until we finished the campaign), but at least you get to play around with them.  The first playthrough of Borderlands 2 we saw zero legendaries and few purples.  

Assuming I do go through all of TPS, well honestly I might put off BL3 again for a couple of weeks because that is going to be a lot of Borderlands to play in a row.

I know that I pre-ordered Zelda for the N64 to ensure that I got the gold cartridge...

I had a friend that worked at EBGames, so he talked me into quite a few pre-orders back in the day, possibly FF7 or a few others before that.

The fuck? You people preorder games? :speaktothehand:

Though I may preorder MELE.
Not too often, these days & age.

I know for sure I did Pre-Order both The Witcher 1 (Retail, from GoGamer) and Witcher 2 (from GOG).

Trying to think of other big titles I did pre-order - Saints Row: GooH b/c of a price mistake. I think it was...from GameStop digitally, IIRC?

I know for sure I pre-ordered Deus HR (original edition) from GMG.

Some games I have Day 1'd - such as Bioshock 1; Morrowind & Tribunal; Oblivion; and Fallout 3 (Collector's Ed with the lunchbox & Bobblehead for FO3).

Last thing I pre-purchased was, coincidentally, CP2077 but that was a "Oh hey, it's $35 at CDKeys, probably be at least that good" sort of thing back last April.  No regrets.

I was never a real console gamer and don't think that pre-ordering stuff for Commodore 64 was a thing.  The first thing I can remember pre-ordering was probably the "Going Rogue" expansion from City of Heroes because I remember being at a Best Buy counter and asking for my copy.   But that would have been a pretty safe purchase versus buying a new franchise title sight unseen.

Last game I pre-ordered was Pumpkin Jack because I played the demo and liked it and they had a pre-order discount.  Last AAA title I pre-ordered was probably Far Cry 5 and that was because Gamersgate blue coins + Razer Gold shenanigans made it half off for the Gold edition.  I find myself more likely to pre-order indie games in the $10-20 range nowadays to show support more than anything else.  Pre-ordering AAA just doesn't make sense unless it's a huge discount on a game I'm really anticipating.  With Day 1 games showing up on GamePass and EA Play and UPlay + it makes less and less sense to pre-order those IMO.

I've won games in contests upon PC Release Day too in some online contests - SF v. Tekken; Titanfall 1; and Far Cry: New Dawn.

Yeah, I still have FC: ND backlogged, since right around that time I did finish-up FC5.

EDIT:

Yeah, PC Game Pass was awesome. I played Gears 5, Wasteland 3 and The Outer Worlds on Day 1.

I pre-ordered two Cyberpunk collectors editions for $200 apiece (after GCU discount), one PS4 and one on PC.  Was going to sell one for profit.  That never happened since this one turned out to be not rare.  But Best Buy mailed the item 12 days before its initial release date, people were going to get their games early, and then on the day before it was about to be delivered they contacted UPS and had the package rerouted to their warehouse in KY where the order was subsequently cancelled.   They goofed up and didn't want to get in trouble for breaking the street date.  The next day they reinstated my order and sent me $100 in BB credit for my troubles. 

So I kept one collectors edition and thanks for the free $100. 

I pre-ordered two Cyberpunk collectors editions for $200 apiece (after GCU discount), one PS4 and one on PC. Was going to sell one for profit. That never happened since this one turned out to be not rare. But Best Buy mailed the item 12 days before its initial release date, people were going to get their games early, and then on the day before it was about to be delivered they contacted UPS and had the package rerouted to their warehouse in KY where the order was subsequently cancelled. They goofed up and didn't want to get in trouble for breaking the street date. The next day they reinstated my order and sent me $100 in BB credit for my troubles.

So I kept one collectors edition and thanks for the free $100.
And they say crime doesn't pay. TrumpCat would be proud.

Thoughts about Skul: The Hero Slayer after  after a few hours. To sum it all up this is a wait till bundle game for me. The game takes place on a 2D arena area where you play a skull person and have to fight. You can change heads that give you different abilities and also collect equipment. There are two fatal flaws for me in this game. First of all the platforming is next to horrid and sometimes there are deadly vines or enemies on high platforms that you must bounce off of things for. You will likely miss sometimes and also just get hurt from these things easily at times. The second fatal flaw is there is a dodge, but I can't always seem to get it off well. This makes harder bosses and stronger enemies hit you more often leading to deaths. One other big flaw is when the game decides to put a whole load of enemies in one space. It's next to impossible to dodge and hard to make sense of what's going on. I like the skills and the skulls are alright as well. There is fun here and the graphics are generally pretty nice. It just doesn't feel super clean to play. Also there are legendary skulls which can be OP, but I find some of these very flawed especially the ones who need to build up energy. Any counter attack skill is annoying to time. I would likely rate it a 6/10 or so, maybe trending toward 6.5/10. Very average and I feel Dead Souls kicks this games butt and offers a somewhat similar and cleaner experience.

Edit: Raising it about a 7/10. It feels good but really frustrating at the same time. I don't feel you have enough HP compared to how much everyone deals to you. Very tough after 2 major bosses done.

I'll jump in.

Last thing I probably pre-ordered was Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster on PS3.

Totally worth. Hard to believe it actually made the leap to PC but then again it's not cause $$$$$.

Opening day.. I literally had the name Bob in The Old Republic.  And Tom.  And Steve.  Back when names were unique. (Bob was a Jedi, Steve a commando, and I don't remember what Tom was)

After a little bit over 13 hours in Skul: The Hero Slayer I'm done with it. It's a very high selling indie game for sure (I think sold over 100k copies), but very flawed. I love roguelite games, but I can't take it anymore. The dodging sucks a lot. You need to be able to time it extremely well for it to work. I get hurt even from the first main boss, who isn't super hard. I would be able to not get hurt in more precise games. I also am noticing your hit box is just big and your health pool is small. This makes some characters like The Butcher ripoff (from DOTA) terrible choices with his slow movement and ability to get bigger. I can make it to the 2nd major boss most of the time, but take too much damage here. I hate how skulls don't scale well. You can upgrade early skulls, but I don't feel their damage scales well. I did this for the thief and had a decent card at the 2nd to last upgrade, but I'm not sure it was worth it. Because of the strange hit boxes and timing for things, characters with parrying skills suck too. I could parry decently well in Dead Souls, but here it's so hit and miss. The 2D platforming blows too. You will likely take damage from environmental obstacles, which is bad for your terrible HP pool. Lots of good ideas and inspirations for this game (obviously a cross between Dead Souls and Hollow Knight), but it feels too flawed and needs balancing changes. I'm not likely beating this one, and I usually strive to at least get one win in the roguelite games. Downgrading my score to 6/10.

I picked up Diablo in a walmart bargain bin back in the late 90s and was hooked with the online play. Got Diablo II for xmas when it launched. So naturally, I preordered Diablo 3... that was the last game I preordered.

I did pick up D3 Eternal earlier this year on XB1 and have to admit it was greatly improved on over the years but I have no desire to preorder anything again.

Submarine Titans is 90% off, $0.49. It's an old RTS from 2000. I don't think I ever tried this one out (when demos were a thing).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1259380/Submarine_Titans/
Historical low, if you ask ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/submarinetitans/info/

Also, Steam-version isn't up-to-date (there's a v 1.1 out there) & there's also unofficial patches out there.

Steam Guide - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2129291420

Put a few more hours in Skrul, and I sure love torturing myself. I can make it to the second main boss pretty consistently now and beat it relatively consistently, but this thing is a beat house, and I still don't think dodge works right especially coming into contact with bigger things. Better to jump over them entirely. You can be blasted out of existence easily. One hit I saw in a death sequence did near 50 points of damage. You start when having max health fully maxed out via passives at only 150 HP. They need to tone down the damage. I actually got an achievement for not getting hit once for the first boss. So flawed, repetitive, but yet addictive. Weird feelings for this game.

bread's done
Back