Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
This new DIG bundle seems fairly decent for the $0.99 price.

The only drawback though with DIG is you have to top up your account balance in $5 increments to avoid a $0.30 fee.

http://dailyindiegame.com/site_weeklybundle_373.html

Titles included in the bundle:

Battle Ram
Find your way
Flyist
Defense high
Silent Tweets
Thunderbolt
Fourthy
ANCIENT EVIL
Space Wars

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pre-Sequel is a much better Borderlands game than I remembered.  I am having a blast with it.  I think playing with someone that constantly complained about the low-gravity jumping and oxygen mechanics made me remember it as being worse than it is.

The Pre-Sequel is a much better Borderlands game than I remembered. I am having a blast with it. I think playing with someone that constantly complained about the low-gravity jumping and oxygen mechanics made me remember it as being worse than it is.
TPS is definitely a better game than people give it credit for. Both of those mechanics actually made the game better, so it's good that you no longer play with that person who obviously has poor taste. Next biggest selling point is that Anthony Burch didn't write all of the cringe meme trash in BL2, leaving us with some fun Aussie humor.

It was the perfect interstitial title between BL2 and all of the post-endgame DLC of BL1. Honestly would've liked more story DLC after Claptastic Voyage, and it's too bad that the game didn't do well enough to merit that.

RIP Meriff

The Surge 2: Premium Edition [Steam code] = $13.59 with code EMCEHSA33

This includes an Online Game Code for Steam for the following content:

The Surge 2 - Premium Edition contains the full game, and all the Season Pass content.

This includes The Kraken, the story-focused expansion, and all the new post-launch weapons and armor sets.

• The Kraken
  • The BORAX-I Quantum Mace
  • The Public Enemy Weapon Pack
  • Jericho’s Legacy Gear Pack

You can get it for the same price at Humble with the Choice subscriber discount as well.  I could be wrong but I really expect Surge 2 to end up in a bundle before long.

Likely final Skul: The Hero Slayer update. I finally reached the final boss and got him to about half off with a very powerful team. Too much damage being done with not enough health even with an item or two. In the end it's all about massive burst damage and it's hard to dodge junk. This is the most major flaw out of all. You mess up and take some damage and you're screwed. I went in one screen from 230 health to about 170 and I was obliterating stuff but there was so much that is hard to dodge. I want to like this so badly, but it's hard as hell to beat and cheap in so many ways. Everything past early stages does way too much damage, and you can't heal enough to get through it. Their is no life steal or anything like that. Most heads can be good upgraded fully. The skeleton soldiers still kind of suck, but some like the thief are decent enough. I've given this way more hours than anything, and it's quick and all, but the cheap deaths are getting to me. I dodge decently well most of the time though. Fun, but extremely flawed and punishing. You have to be amazing to not take hits after the first main boss. I somehow got the achievement for not being hit at all for the 2nd boss, but that is an anomaly. Raising it back up  to 6.5/10, but yeah I just wanted to beat it. Likely wont happen even though I'm very decent at it. Power skulls suck badly btw other than like 2 or 3 that are quick. They don't attack fast enough. 

AHAHAHA

I bought a couple Coinplay.io bundles in 2015 with dogecoin...

What I paid for them is now is now worth about $2,500.

EDIT:

My post from 3 years ago.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals/page-3208#entry13922880

I really regret buying those coinplay.io bundles with some of my dogecoin...

gallery_105045_4807_1370779812_7534.gif

I guess that's the problem with cryptocurrencies... Like the guy who spent 10,000 bitcoin to buy two pizzas.

Looking back...
I bought two bundles from coinplay for what is now about $600 and I bought Metro: Last Light for $418

:rofl:
:puke:

EDIT2:

original prices of coinplay bundles were $1 and $3 on the first day...

AHAHAHA

I bought a couple Coinplay.io bundles in 2015 with dogecoin...

What I paid for them is now is now worth about $2,500.

EDIT:

My post from 3 years ago.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals/page-3208#entry13922880

EDIT2:

original prices of coinplay bundles were $1 and $3 on the first day...
Well, at least you had some. I remember seeing its value in 2014 and thinking it would never be worth anything and decided not to mine it. Could've sold at peak today when each one was worth half a cent and made some cash.

Well, at least you had some. I remember seeing its value in 2014 and thinking it would never be worth anything and decided not to mine it. Could've sold at peak today when each one was worth half a cent and made some cash.
Peak I saw today was nearly $0.08.

When bitcoin was a new thing one of the web forums I hung around on had a post about it and one or two people were talking about mining it and the rest of us were wondering why/what is it good for and the dude who posted about it said it was going to be great for stuff like buying weed.  And so the rest of us wrote it off as something that would never be usable/valuable for anybody who wasn't doing illegal stuff and moved on.  I don't regret not mining it because I know I wouldn't have kept it long enough, if anything I am glad I didn't buy in at all because I prefer never having had any to being the guy who mined a ton of it and used all of it to buy a little bit of weed.

I've recently finished some games on Gamepass.

Outer Worlds was pretty good.

Donut County was good.

Cyber Shadow was pretty good.

Sunset Overdrive was really good.

Have a great weekend everyone.

When bitcoin was a new thing one of the web forums I hung around on had a post about it and one or two people were talking about mining it and the rest of us were wondering why/what is it good for and the dude who posted about it said it was going to be great for stuff like buying weed. And so the rest of us wrote it off as something that would never be usable/valuable for anybody who wasn't doing illegal stuff and moved on. I don't regret not mining it because I know I wouldn't have kept it long enough, if anything I am glad I didn't buy in at all because I prefer never having had any to being the guy who mined a ton of it and used all of it to buy a little bit of weed.
15Rwhy9.gif

So I almost have all my parts in for my new build. I am keeping my current pc as is for my kids/wife to use and building all new. My copy of win 10 on my current pc is from upgrading from win 7. I have a friend that said he has activated win 10 on several devices with just one key he bought awhile ago but as far as I can tell each key is only good for one hardware activation? Not sure how that works.

I dont have a product key (unless I can pull it from the registry) since I just used the free upgrade they offered from win 7. I'm thinking my best bet might be to just get myself another win 10 key. Does anyone know of any reliable sites to get a key without paying $100+ from microsoft?

Does anyone know of any reliable sites to get a key without paying $100+ from microsoft?
I've bought a couple keys now from GoDeal24 and they've all worked fine. Around $10 a key give or take for an OEM key. That link is actually to their weekly "sponsored" fake-article ad on Wccftech just because it has whatever the current coupon code is in it. Read down to where it explains how to use Paypal. Basically, it initially gives you one payment option ("CWallet"), you don't have a CWallet account and then it gives other payment options. Then you pick Paypal because you're not the sort of lunatic to give your credit card information to a website that sells $8 Windows keys.

I've bought keys for as low as $1 from AliExpress and they worked but you had to go through some rigamarole to activate them. I feel more comfortable that a $10 is probably a resold OEM key or key from cheaper market versus a $1 key or $5 Kinguin special which was probably cracked and runs more of a deactivation risk. That said, I've run the spectrum and not had a problem yet with any of them. The only reason why I personally care is because some of the keys were used on systems for family or one I sold and I don't want anyone coming back to me with "Windows says it doesn't work..."

If a Windows key ever was revoked, all it does is throw a nag in the screen corner to activate it and locks you out of things like changing the system wallpaper. You wouldn't lose your computer in any meaningful sense. So I figure that, even if a key WAS revoked, you can buy a whole lot of $10 keys and find one that works before you hit the cost of Win10 off the shelf at Micro Center. But, again, hasn't happened to me yet. For reference, Microsoft sells "retail" Win10 Pro on their Friends & Family employee store for $20 vs the $150 shelf retail price and I'm sure that twenty bucks is still designed to turn a profit.

I've bought a couple keys now from GoDeal24 and they've all worked fine. Around $10 a key give or take for an OEM key. That link is actually to their weekly "sponsored" fake-article ad on Wccftech just because it has whatever the current coupon code is in it. Read down to where it explains how to use Paypal. Basically, it initially gives you one payment option ("CWallet"), you don't have a CWallet account and then it gives other payment options. Then you pick Paypal because you're not the sort of lunatic to give your credit card information to a website that sells $8 Windows keys.

I've bought keys for as low as $1 from AliExpress and they worked but you had to go through some rigamarole to activate them. I feel more comfortable that a $10 is probably a resold OEM key or key from cheaper market versus a $1 key or $5 Kinguin special which was probably cracked and runs more of a deactivation risk. That said, I've run the spectrum and not had a problem yet with any of them. The only reason why I personally care is because some of the keys were used on systems for family or one I sold and I don't want anyone coming back to me with "Windows says it doesn't work..."

If a Windows key ever was revoked, all it does is throw a nag in the screen corner to activate it and locks you out of things like changing the system wallpaper. You wouldn't lose your computer in any meaningful sense. So I figure that, even if a key WAS revoked, you can buy a whole lot of $10 keys and find one that works before you hit the cost of Win10 off the shelf at Micro Center. But, again, hasn't happened to me yet. For reference, Microsoft sells "retail" Win10 Pro on their Friends & Family employee store for $20 vs the $150 shelf retail price and I'm sure that twenty bucks is still designed to turn a profit.
Thanks for this. I had two computers running Win10 without being activated and decided to upgrade them.

Note that quality of life features, like Remote Desktop, are exclusive to Win10 Pro and are also locked behind activation. This'll help me in monitoring both my laptop from my desktop and vice versa.

Oh god... I'm so stupid...

I didn't even realize I made a joke by using fast food places to obscure the code for the fast food pack...  It must've been a subconscious thing.  Feel free to take back any likes if you liked for the joke... I don't deserve them.

I don't know how I make it through the day somedays.

I didn't even realize I made a joke by using fast food places to obscure the code for the fast food pack... It must've been a subconscious thing. Feel free to take back any likes if you liked for the joke... I don't deserve them.

Like removed

Both DLC's are also 38 cents each on Gamersgate too.

This looks like Age of Pirates/Sea Dogs meets Warhammer meets AC: Black Flag/Rogue naval stuff.

Sold and activated.

Skul: The Hero Slayer finally beat. I don't believe the 10 hours times on howlongtoplay.com. Either those people are gods or I suck because I felt it was super hard and you have to go through so many bosses and phases that I don't believe that many people have beaten it. I lucked out barely fully maxed on passives and it kicked my butt. I played for a long while and I'm done. If I play something like Hollow Knight I will likely beat it easily with how unfair this game was. Just bull for the damage you take from bosses. You need to dodge anything and everything. Just so punishing. Uggg... I do love to torture myself with rougelike/lite games.

Get Even.

After 11.2 hours clocked-in here with Get Even according to Steam, this game has reached its conclusion. Indeed, what a story & conclusion it was.

While the last few hours or so felt like there was a bit backtracking in areas & with some content, it was also done for story purposes & also for the player to experience with different skill-sets, which is an interesting spin on this...without going into the few more interesting & shocking twists that occur in this story.

The way it brings certain gameplay elements & genres together (adventure, walking-sim, shooter, and stealth game) and interesting ideas, equipment & skills here (like the Corner-Gun and also some of the powers in the short back Chapters of the game) - in the end, all of those elements make a whole where the "sum of its parts" makes them work well & solid together. The combat, gunplay, and stealth is fine, but the walking simulator elements & adventure (puzzle) elements are great.

Regardless, in the grand scheme of things, if you like really good narratives, story, voice-acting, and music - yes, this game should not be missed. Its excellent & twisted story; the twists & turns in this story; and its horror and sci-fi elements - all of those are great.

Overall, taken in as a whole: flawed game and all, this game's still very good overall and definitely worth playing.

I'm often tempted by these last chance to buy sales but that game doesn't look worth $3. Maybe $1.25 tops :speaktothehand:
Yeah... I got the last warhammer last chance sale (Legacy of Dorn) but I'm almost 100% sure I wouldn't play that. I tried talking myself into it, but couldn't.

Yeah, they announced a little while ago that they were going to a free model and that people who already bought it (like myself) would get some sort of early adopters pack. I’ve only played with it once briefly so far, but seems like a pretty cool tool.

I didn't even realize I made a joke by using fast food places to obscure the code for the fast food pack... It must've been a subconscious thing. Feel free to take back any likes if you liked for the joke... I don't deserve them.

Du#ba&&

# = McDonalds

&& = Shake Shack

bread's done
Back