Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Not for subscribers. 28% off vs 10% off on Steam. Might have ran out of keys, might have done what another dev did (I forget which game it was) and pull Steam keys from Humble because they thought the choice price being cheaper hurt their sales on Steam by making it harder to be on the bestselling list or something. Who knows. I never have played the first one, I need to at least try it one of these days. The story aspect looks dumb as hell but I have played and enjoyed some truly awful match-3 games so it has to be better than some of those.
It isn't great, but the current "rumor" is that if you have to update anything not Steam you're going to have to wait a few days for a new EXE to install updates.

Not nearly as good as the first one. And more of a pain in the butt in the match 3 department.

So now that I have super-bundle of BL3 I'm sort of overwhelmed at the prospect of starting given all the content.  Anyone recommend a character?  I'm thinking FL4K or Moze.

I've only played as Moze but enjoyed it.

So my local Microcenter got an RTX 3080 in... they wanted closer to 1200 than 1100 for it. And they got it. (Not from me.)

At this rate I'll likely just upgrade my whole PC in a few years.

So now that I have super-bundle of BL3 I'm sort of overwhelmed at the prospect of starting given all the content. Anyone recommend a character? I'm thinking FL4K or Moze.
I have nearly finished the main storyline with FL4K and have enjoyed that character. Moze is definitely a solid choice though.

So now that I have super-bundle of BL3 I'm sort of overwhelmed at the prospect of starting given all the content. Anyone recommend a character? I'm thinking FL4K or Moze.
I've maxed them all and they are all viable in singleplayer. I would say just choose the one that you like the best as the game is not particularly difficult. Flak may be a little easier to play alone since you can have one of your pets revive you if you go down. But they're all good.

If you're one to worry about the meta - don't. The best guns and builds are constantly changing due to additions and changes.

As far as the DLC goes... I'm not sure I'd even bother with it until you've completed the main story and are ready to start in True Vault Hunter mode. The first three are all self-contained and the fourth (Krieg) is a continuation of an event in the main story and is better-played once it is complete. Plus, there is some good loot in the DLC and you'd probably rather have that at higher level anyways.

So having played HP2 for over 10 hrs now.. I can honestly say it's a WAIT unless you really wanna see girly bits.  I liked the first ones story so I bought in... (yea yea) but at least there were a couple of honestly funny story quotes from HP1... I don't think I've got one from HP2 that's made me do anything other than snort.  I'm about 65% done from what the game save file says but I also blow at these Match-3 games.

Game is DEFINITELY wait for $5-10 or bundle.

I've maxed them all and they are all viable in singleplayer. I would say just choose the one that you like the best as the game is not particularly difficult. Flak may be a little easier to play alone since you can have one of your pets revive you if you go down. But they're all good.

If you're one to worry about the meta - don't. The best guns and builds are constantly changing due to additions and changes.

As far as the DLC goes... I'm not sure I'd even bother with it until you've completed the main story and are ready to start in True Vault Hunter mode. The first three are all self-contained and the fourth (Krieg) is a continuation of an event in the main story and is better-played once it is complete. Plus, there is some good loot in the DLC and you'd probably rather have that at higher level anyways.
I'm trying FL4K now but I've never been one for pet classes in games. Using the skag and it's a bit annoying how it runs off and starts attacking shit randomly. Only level 8 so I might go back and give them all a try until about level 10ish or so.

Disappointed to hear that about Hunie Pop 2. I waited for the other one to be bundled I believe or really cheap. Will do the same for this one. I already have an expensive Rance game I bought that I will play soon enough (Rance Magnum coming soon....will put newer VN/eroge game news in other thread soon). Need to play BL3 as well.

Officially done with Skul: Hero Slayer as well. I beat it again with 2 power types (honestly they're not bad with the damage reduction). This is 2 full wins only after 40 hours of gameplay. It's too punishing honestly and you need to just dodge everything and attack now and then. You mistime a dodge, and a large chunk of your health is gone. If you play regardless of what your skull type is I recommend at least 1 HP plus relic and likely a damage reduction percent something as well. This makes it so attacks wont do like 20+ damage a hit later on. Such bull in this game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted to get the Danganronpa games from the PSN sale, but I see they're also on Steam, and while they're not at the historical low on Steam (1-2 and UDG are at PSN historical lows), if the Steam versions play better I could wait until they reach it again (backlog, natch).

Has anyone played it on both PC and PS4? Are both equally good ports?

For what it’s worth, I’m finding Borderlands 3 way more engaging on PC than on the next gen consoles. Granted I didn’t play much on the Series X ... but playing on PC just feels way better for some reason. Thanks for posting that Humble deal, probably would have stuck with consoles ... now just have to sell that sealed Super Deluxe I have collecting dust.

Desperados III is around $14 on seedy keys.  That site is weird with prices, they jump around a lot so don't be surprised if it is different when you check.  it was closer to $20 when I checked a day or two ago to see if they had anything interesting and when I looked earlier it was $13.89 and now it is just over $14.  

Mafia: Definitive Edition (Steam/PC)

My Thoughts & Impressions....

MAFIA (Original) = 02-14-2021:
I can remember buying the original Mafia (PC version), like it was yesterday. In a jewel case, all patched-up to its latest version at that time at WalMart's for around $10 (before tax); back in the days when PC games were often still bought at a retail level and not digitally. At its time, there did not feel like a ton of games were like this, back in the day. While this game wasn't truly open-world in full, as there wasn't many - heck, if any, side-missions/side-content in the main campaign - this game delivered the good on everything else.

With outstanding voice-acting, storytelling, narrative & writing, all while being also cinematic as can be, Mafia felt like something special. Mafia also felt purposely built to feel & be more of a realistic simulation than the GTA games (those were more arcade-y and action-y, back then). This all here led me & drew me into one of the great mafioso video-game experiences, feeling like we had found The Godfather of video games here.

This story & game of a cab driver, Tommy Angelo, who is trying to make a living in the 1930's somehow winds up involved helping out a gangster...and then eventually joining a (Mafioso) Family that are at war with other gangster & crime families is memorable as can be.

And now, we're back...with Mafia: Definitive Edition, a Remake of the original classic, which they've remade & moved over to a tweaked-up version Mafia 3 Engine.

MAFIA: DEFINITIVE EDITION = 02-14-2021:
I'm around 2.9 hours into this Remake, according to Steam. So far, I have to say this: I'm really impressed with this Remake.

By re-making this classic game on the Mafia 3 Engine, we also now have the combat & cover system from that game. So, a lot of the clunky-ness of trying to duck behind boxes & objects to try to hide & take cover behind from the original version of Mafia is gone here in the Remake. There's now a cover system here and the combat feels really good, just like it did in Mafia 3. There are also stealth mechanics in Mafia: Definitive here, which also is coming right from Mafia 3. The car mechanics, including the ram mechanics from Mafia 3, is also here.

Everything was fundamentally & mechanical really sound in Mafia 3 and seems to be here in Mafia 1: Definitive. Mafia 3 had issues of grind, repetition & UbiSoft open-world side-quests everywhere & collect-a-thons everywhere, getting often in the main of the excellently presented story, narrative, character development, and all of that game's ebb & flow - and so far, I haven't run into any of that in Mafia 1: Definitive. There are some collection items & things to find - yes, just like in Mafia 3 - here in Mafia 1: Definitive. But, this all doesn't feel really over-bearing & feel like it's everywhere around almost every step of the way and every corner, interrupting the flow of the story.

It seems like Hangar 13 has learned from the Mafia 3 problem and is also honoring the legacy of the original Mafia here, since just like the original Mafia game and also some of the Mafia 3 DLC's - it's sticking to great missions, story, narrative, and immersion. Mafia 3's Faster Baby DLC & Sign of the Times DLC, for example, which are all short and excellent, BTW - were all killer and no filler, just like how Mafia: Definitive here feel. Mafia: Definitive here is - well, at least so far - doing its best to be all killer & no filler, sticking to the excellence of its main story...and I hope it remains this way, too.

There are some other settings for the player also. While there are modernizations here - namely coming from Mafia 3's engine, gameplay, gunplay, combat, and mechanics here - there are extra settings here for those who loved the original game and its aim for realism & Simulation. I'm playing as Hangar 13 intended, on Medium and with the Normal settings, as they expect most new players to play the game as. There are other settings, for those who want to make the game more of a Simulation for it to be more realistic (like the old Mafia 1 game), where you will need to obey the law to stop at stop signs; stop at street lights; and drive the Speed Limit. I don't have all of those on, but for those who want to original game experience: there's settings there, for fans of the classic game that might've also wanted this to be also done in that game's more realistic style.

While this doesn't retain entirely the voice-actors and the music & radio stations from the original game; the tone feels at times a bit darker & meaner; and not as innocent; and Tommy doesn't seem as innocent as he was in the original title (especially in the very beginning) - what's here & also what's new, so far, are all still great. The voice-acting, the graphics, the music, and the game-world: this all sounds great and just looks great. Just like Mafia 3 and the original Mafia 1, this game just oozes with immersion, immersing the player right into the world & atmosphere of the game.

Everything looks and sounds great, on this engine and in this game. Textures everywhere are detailed, even if it feels like this game really might've needed more AA options available to it. I might need to try some forcing of other AA methods, as some things in the distance look a bit blurry, just like in Mafia 3. But up close, stuff looks great. It might not be the best technical-looking game - yep, just like Mafia 3 - but the textures and everything looks so fitting of the time period; and it feels like you could really live in this world.

Performance is definitely fine here, as the game's running smoothly at 1080p60fps at its maxed-out settings with no hitches, no slow-downs, nothing. I'm running this here on my new PC (from Dec. 2020), loaded with these specs: i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; 8GB RTX 3070; W10 x64. It's running smooth as butter & silk; and like an absolute dream here.

With all of this Mafia: Definitive talk and all of my thoughts here so far, I think I need to make my way back to Empire Bay.

MORE ON MAFIA: DEFINITIVE = 02-14-2021:
I'm some 6.9 hours so far into this awesome remake. Some more things worth noting, on this remake.

Via the NVidia Control Panel, I have cranked-up a few things: FXAA to 8x; AA set to Enhance the App; Image Sharpening to 1.00 with 0.17 on Film Grain; SuperSampling to 8x's. Texture Filtering on High Quality; Trilinear filtering with Trilinear optimization is On. No framerate loss, no hits, nothing. Still hitting 1080p60fps without an issue here; and the game in looks a lot clearer & sharper.

The infamous racing mission doesn't seem as difficult here as the original Mafia - well, at least at the difficulty that I have it on (i.e. what the game suggests by Default). The main missions have been awesome & memorable missions, even if they have been modernized in some ways and made a cinematic at times.

Also, there is an option when driving to skip the actual driving part. In the original game, there was a lot of driving, in which...nothing of much was really happening and you were just soaking in the atmosphere & traveling in the game-world. Options are always a great idea, so the option to skip this is appreciated, as some might not care about this stuff.

You can still do the driving part yourself, if you'd like. Though, the thing here in Mafia: Definitive is this: you (as Tommy) will be often riding with someone and get a lot of insight into the game-world, characters, story, plot, thoughts, details, and whatnot - well, at least with the first go around here - you actually might not want to skip these drives.

The drives from place-to-place actually here have a lot of voice-over work - yes, like what GTA games do a lot of - and will likely clue you in with something that you might want to know. Some might be wanting to get to the action & push the game ahead - but if you appreciate story, character, dialogue, and voice-acting, and/or you want to joy-ride around the game-world - you might not want to skip this stuff.

Since I've said & typed plenty here, I'll wrap this up. Can't wait to get back to this game and play some more of this awesome remake.

394Qm3p.gif

This one just goes out to Texas.

Metro Exodus: Enhanced Edition announced for PC, PS5, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X:

https://www.ign.com/articles/metro-exodus-next-gen-enhanced-edition-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series-xs-and-pc

Info:

- This is a free update for Metro Exodus owners.

- PS5 and XSX console versions of Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition will run at 4K/60 FPS...

- ...While the Xbox Series S will target 1080p/60 FPS.

- All versions will use ray traced lighting and global illumination, across both the base game and DLC expansions.

- Textures will be rendered at 4K, and loading times will be reduced.

- There will be a few platform specific features, too...

- ...Such as a spatial audio system for Xbox and haptic support for the PS5’s DualSense controller.

- The PC version, meanwhile, will require a ray tracing compatible GPU as standard.

- As well as all the enhancements seen in the console versions, the PC upgrade also has advanced ray traced reflections...

- ...And support for Nvidia’s DLSS 2.0 technology.

- Since these changes mean it is fundamentally different from the original version, it will be added to your Steam/EGS/GoG library as a new, separate game.

- PC version is coming Spring 2021.

- Console versions of Metro Exodus EE have no date for release yet.

All of Texas died?!?!?
People here are acting like it. "Everything's covered in ice!!!!!!" :whee:

I did loose running water today so i guess that's inconvenient. On the positive side, CDPR added cp2077 to my steam account today. With all the negativity out there I figure i should say that i appreciate the courtesy from them.

I did loose running water today so i guess that's inconvenient. On the positive side, CDPR added cp2077 to my steam account today. With all the negativity out there I figure i should say that i appreciate the courtesy from them.
Is this some promo from the $26.85 GOG version of CP2077 on Eneba? Pretty tempted by that price already.

Is this some promo from the $26.85 GOG version of CP2077 on Eneba? Pretty tempted by that price already.
Nah I bought a cp2077 LE console in June. While technically not eligible for their refund offer, I just contacted cdpr and asked nicely if they'd provide a steam version.

The eneba / seedy keys copies are likely just from different region's pricing.

Nah I bought a cp2077 LE console in June. While technically not eligible for their refund offer, I just contacted cdpr and asked nicely if they'd provide a steam version.

The eneba / seedy keys copies are likely just from different region's pricing.
Alright. I was hoping it would be something similar to their old Witcher promotions, where they'd give you a key for Steam if you owned the game on GOG. Having the game available on both services would've been an instant buy for me.

Alright. I was hoping it would be something similar to their old Witcher promotions, where they'd give you a key for Steam if you owned the game on GOG. Having the game available on both services would've been an instant buy for me.
Wasn't that the other way around? For example, if you owned The Witcher 1 or 2 on Steam, you could get a GOG copy. I wonder if they'll make that a permanent addition for The Witcher 3 at some point after giving GOG copies to owners of the game on other platforms for a limited time.

I did loose running water today so i guess that's inconvenient.
Like your pipes froze or the well froze up?

If your pipes froze that can be a bit more than inconvenient. (Water expands as it freezes so it can rupture a pipe and then the pipe leaks when the temperature rises above freezing.

Not me.

It's full price and still in Early Access

Given the above, I'll wait for it to Leave Early Access hitting "Complete Version 1.0" and/or it gets cheaper.
I know that's enough to scare people off (rightfully so) but I'd agree with the devs that 90% of the groundwork is done, and 50% of the content is in development. That said, early access just means to me in this game that they're adding "expansions" in the way of new biomes and hence bosses to kill as they finish it. I'm perfectly content with exactly how the game is mechanically built, with only minor grievances with how janky boss combat can be.

But that's honestly not the point since the bosses are just gated content and more a rite of passage in the game. If anything will kill you, it's negligence and poor planning. The journey and memories the game creates is why it hit 2 million in sales in two weeks. It scales with player count immensely well and is the epitome of what true sandbox RPGs (and golden age MMOs) were all about. The game is only growing on me and we lost a weekend to it now 50 hours in.

I wouldn't let early access be a barrier to a lifestyle game that has brought gaming full circle for an oldschooler like me. If anyone has played Star Wars Galaxies or Dark Age of Camelot, buy this immediately. Yes, it's like that.

Like your pipes froze or the well froze up?
Some point in the pipeline I guess? My water company has been issuing alerts throughout the day. Whole neighborhood has ben affected. They managed it fix it for a few hours yesterday evening but has now been stopped since some point overnight (low last night was +9 deg, which pretty much never happens here). Isp just came back from being out for 24hrs as well.

Long shot: I think someone in this thread made my avatar, years ago. It was a modification of my previous avatar, which was Nintendo-themed. I was hoping to find the person that adjusted my avatar and ask for a modification. Does anyone know who did it?

So I picked up Solitaire Conspiracy in the sale and already played through it.  If you really like solitaire games and want something different it is worth picking up on sale or in a bundle, I think the reviews overhype it though.  It is an interesting twist on solitaire but it is short and the story just kind happens in between hands and isn't something you really interact with, instead it is more like watching random FMVs while playing a game.

You can finish the campaign in just a few hours, probably in less than two if you go for the casual option on missions (unlimited moves). I like the style it is presented in but it just doesn't work to try to build up a big spy story in a freaking solitaire game.  

You do not always have a full deck of cards, sometimes you only have one or two suits so obviously some of the missions are extremely trivial.  The face cards are made up of teams of spies who are allied with you and do specific things when you move them onto another card.  Some help you, and some actually hinder your play so you have to plan around them.  It would have made more sense if some of the cards were on your side and some against you but they are all supposed to be allies and yet they have negative effects. 

They are adding more to the game with regular updates which is nice and there is some replayability with a couple of modes that have leaderboards.  There is a timed mode where you just keep playing hands of solitaire and last through as many "waves" as you can.  You have a set amount of time that keeps ticking down but you get time back by clearing cards so getting stuck means you will run out of time, it feels weird to have time pressure on you while playing solitaire but whatever.  There is also a daily mission to clear a specific hand in as few moves as possible.  You can retry as many times as you like to improve your score.  There is also a skirmish mode where you pick which spies you wish to use and play a random hand with them but that felt rather pointless.  

thanks to the pricing error, i was finally able to finish the last two dlc's from bl3 season one pass. the cowboy one was good, but i liked the krieg one better. i'm not gonna rank all four, but they are all good/worth playing. obviously, i can't recommend waiting for another pricing error, but if you enjoyed the previous borderlands games and "tolerate" the writing, i recommend waiting for the super deluxe edition to get a little cheaper. do not get the ultimate edition, the season two stuff is not worth it.

Ninja Gaiden Black was an amazing game and quite a bit better than Sigma (which was a remake with a lot of changes) but at least pc-only players can play some version of it finally.  Shame they are not including non-Sigma versions of 1 and 2 but maybe we have a shot at a Ninja Gaiden 4 if this sells well.   

Ninja Gaiden Black was an amazing game and quite a bit better than Sigma (which was a remake with a lot of changes) but at least pc-only players can play some version of it finally. Shame they are not including non-Sigma versions of 1 and 2 but maybe we have a shot at a Ninja Gaiden 4 if this sells well.
The original reboot on Xbox was one of the best games ever. Have absolutely no interest in playing the Sigma trash again. The longer the titles got, the worse the game got. I have no interest in any other desecrations they have in store.

Oh well, at least Nioh is on PC.

bread's done
Back