Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Wasn't too impressed with the Microsoft show. I was surprised that they showed Eiyuden Chronicles, but it was basically just the Kickstarter trailer.

Stalker 2 gives me heavy "Early Stalker games" vibes. Which is exactly what I would want from a modern-day game in the series. If it has the same kind of systems and mechanics that made Shadow of Chernobyl great then I'll start to get excited.

Love how pretty much everything in that conference minus BF2042, FC6 and the Diablo 2 remake is coming Day 1 to PC Gamepass.

Impressive Xbox games conference.

yet....everything Xbox Exclusive, everything GAMEPASS.   The bro shooter ecosystem has evolved into kitschy gen-z multicultral hodgepodge of everything vomit. 

Some games looked cool but wow what a mess.  I was honestly expecting a couple more high-profile exclusives.  No mention of new Elder Scrolls.  Starfield a year and a half away.  Games games games games but it all felt a little soulless.  They could have used a couple more intimate deep dives with new IPs.  But instead we're getting a bunch of sequels, derivatives, and who-knows Indies.   More zombies games please...said no one ever.  Number of games to play has never been an issue; it's the motivation required, lack of cultural zeitgeist, and the lack of seminal experiences that have continually left something to be desired. 

I'm not sure how much nutritional value there is going to be among all of these hollow calories.  Battlefield should be excellent and I'll want to play that on PC with RTX.  But today I'm going to redeem Civ VI platinum key and buy the $10 New Frontier pass from Humble. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Square Enix - E3 2021 Announcements:

- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is a story-driven single-player 3rd person action/adventure game from Eidos Montreal, coming Oct. 26th.

- Final Fantasy Pixel Classics (old versions) from FF1 up to FF6 to Steam and mobile.

- Legend of Mana is coming June 24th to Steam.

- Marvel's The Avengers: Black Panther - War for Wakanda free update announced.

- Babylon's Fall by Platinum Games has been announced, which is a Live Service game.

- Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin from Team Ninja, which looks like a Souls-like.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks 1,000X’s better than Marvel’s Avengers … seems like they really nailed the vibe of the films while maintaining some of the comic designs. Avengers was just so awkward and boring … GotG is definitely near the top of my list for BF 2021.

Square Enix - E3 2021 Announcements:

- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is a story-driven single-player 3rd person action/adventure game from Eidos Montreal, coming Oct. 26th.
- Final Fantasy Pixel Classics (old versions) from FF1 up to FF6 to Steam and mobile.
- Legend of Mana is coming June 24th to Steam.
- Marvel's The Avengers: Black Panther - War for Wakanda free update announced.
- Babylon's Fall by Platinum Games has been announced, which is a Live Service game.
- Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin from Team Ninja, which looks like a Souls-like.
Finally the older FF games coming to Steam. I hope they're all in the style of FF1, 2, and 4 PSP with support for modern resolutions or something along the lines of Octopath and the DQ3 remake.

Glad I wasn’t still holding out for Spider-man to show up in the Avengers game …

Unrelated, I know Steam has a “Summer Sale” … but doesn’t it kind of feel like, with E3 being fully online this year, Steam should be having a big sale so I can go somewhere to spend money on games I don’t need? I mean, at least Epic seems to understand that itch …

The PC show is usually really boring, but I'm hoping Persona 5 Royal and 13 Sentinels will be announced. Sakura Wars would be nice, too.

The PC show is usually really boring, but I'm hoping Persona 5 Royal and 13 Sentinels will be announced. Sakura Wars would be nice, too.
Yeah i'd like to see those too. But my thought was that if those were coming soon, they'd have been a part of the xbox game pass titles shown earlier today.

PC Gaming Show - E3 2021:

- Orcs Must Die 3 announced.

- Vampire: The Masquerade - Swan Song announced.

- Soulstice announced, which looks like a hack-n-slash action game like a DMC type of game with medieval-fantasy.

- Pioner announced, which looks like a open-world horror FPS like the STALKER series of games.

- Mechajammer announced, which is a turn-based cyberpunk RPG - https://store.steampowered.com/app/485400/Mechajammer/

- Death Trash announced.

Impressive Xbox games conference.

yet....everything Xbox Exclusive, everything GAMEPASS. The bro shooter ecosystem has evolved into kitschy gen-z multicultral hodgepodge of everything vomit.

Some games looked cool but wow what a mess. I was honestly expecting a couple more high-profile exclusives. No mention of new Elder Scrolls. Starfield a year and a half away. Games games games games but it all felt a little soulless. They could have used a couple more intimate deep dives with new IPs. But instead we're getting a bunch of sequels, derivatives, and who-knows Indies. More zombies games please...said no one ever. Number of games to play has never been an issue; it's the motivation required, lack of cultural zeitgeist, and the lack of seminal experiences that have continually left something to be desired.

I'm not sure how much nutritional value there is going to be among all of these hollow calories. Battlefield should be excellent and I'll want to play that on PC with RTX. But today I'm going to redeem Civ VI platinum key and buy the $10 New Frontier pass from Humble.
U sound mad bro...Is it becuz ur mom and I are making the beast with two backs'???

Stalker 2 looked so god damn boring … omg. Maybe I just hate games set in Russia … I don’t care.
I'm a total whore for the Soviet Bleak aesthetic but I'm keeping my optimism for this in check. I don't need this to be my Cyberpunk of hype disappointment.

Knowing it'll be on Game Pass is great though. Everything is better when you're not directly paying for it out of pocket.

STALKER: SOC and COP were out-standing.

Hopefully, STALKER 2 can live up to that kind of awesome-ness.

EDIT:
Speaking of STALKER, this Pioner looks pretty cool and another STALKER-like.

PC Gaming Show is two hours long and none of my feeds have any news worth mentioning.  Sounds about right lol. 

I fell asleep during the Future Games show for sure. Had a nap not on purpose after the Sonic Colors trailer and woke up before the Rune Factory 4 trailer. The PC gaming show was extremely boring and I love indies. I just liked the feudal life sim visual novel thing and the one game that looked like a nice pixelly Heroes of Might and Magic. Frankly I'll likely just wish list some Steam games especially with whatever Valve is going to do soon to showcase some stuff. Also adding Harold Halibut gameplay. The claymation is cool in this and the story sounds alright.

Edit the three videos:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KFdfWW7fPk[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQSrutk9LBA[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiN4n5a1xiE[/media]

Elden Ring was the only thing I've seen that looked interesting. But I'm jaded, so I'm sure it'll suck and will only buy when it's less than $20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLo-TYCt1RY

I'm a total whore for the Soviet Bleak aesthetic but I'm keeping my optimism for this in check. I don't need this to be my Cyberpunk of hype disappointment.
This is the right answer. It looks creepy and unsettling which is just what it needs to be. Also awesome to see the "Russian Woodpecker" at the 4:25 mark. (Its a cold war era over the horizon ballistic missile detection radar. It had to be built close to Chernobyl due to its power requirements, which were enormous.)

https://www.news.com.au/travel/destinations/europe/up-close-with-the-russian-woodpecker-the-scary-soviet-antiballistic-missile-radar/news-story/08d7863317d16e114cd75e220fb225d1

Decent E3 so far, but...

giphy.gif

Back in a simpler time when things were slightly less shitty and I still enjoyed tower-defense games, Orcs Must Die was probably my second favorite of the bunch behind only PvZ.

Anyone have any thoughts on the best gaming laptop that can also serve as a decent work laptop? The ASUS ROG Zephyrus seems impressive, but lacks a webcam. The Dell XPS 13 is weak for gaming, but seems like a solid system. And then there are things like the Razer Blade, etc. Anyone have any recs for 2020/21 models or anything that might be coming out in the next 6 months?

Last time I defended my ROG on here, the fans on both the CPU and GPU went out at the same time, then the ones I put in weren't up to snuff.  So I'm not saying nothing about ROG anymore... ;)  But I've had a couple and that's my one complaint.

Anyone have any thoughts on the best gaming laptop that can also serve as a decent work laptop? The ASUS ROG Zephyrus seems impressive, but lacks a webcam. The Dell XPS 13 is weak for gaming, but seems like a solid system. And then there are things like the Razer Blade, etc. Anyone have any recs for 2020/21 models or anything that might be coming out in the next 6 months?
The only advice I can offer is that if you work in a subdued professional office environment, you should get the gaudiest, ugliest gaming laptop you possibly can so that you have something to talk to your colleagues about.

Ys IX Monstrum Nox demo is out now. Seems like a good port but the grey monster jail is a big step down from the colorful islands he usually goes to.

What are you looking for in the laptop? Do you want it to look "gamery" or have a look that won't really stand out? Do you want the best possible graphics in your games, and for the laptop to be able to keep up with future releases for the next 3-5 years, or are you okay with making a couple sacrifices? What kind of work do you plan on doing? Some spreadsheets and word docs, or are we talking music/video producing, coding, etc?

I'd say the Lenovo Legion 5 could be a good option. The laptop isn't ugly at all, and other than the 3 or so inch LEGION logo on the top left of the lid, you really wouldn't know it was a gamer laptop. They come with Ryzen chips and you can get the 15" Legion 5 with up to an RTX 3070. The prices are a bit crazy right now though. If you don't care so much about the best possible GPU though, you can opt for the 2020 Legion 5 models, which you can find with an RTX 2060 for around $1000-$1200, or a GTX 1660 Ti for $900-$1000. If you don't mind an Intel chip, the 1660 Ti model is often on sale at Costco for $999.

If you don't really care about the looks of the laptop, the Legion 5 Pro has a more gamery exterior (though still not as "loud" as something like an Alienware), but it features a 16", 16:10 screen, RTX 3060-3070, and a Ryzen chip. The tradeoff is it's more "gamery" look, a thicker body, and it's heavier due to the cooling. Despite that it's still about $100 more than the base Legion model, and you can probably find it for like $1400~ if you check someplace like antonline.

What are you looking for in the laptop? Do you want it to look "gamery" or have a look that won't really stand out? Do you want the best possible graphics in your games, and for the laptop to be able to keep up with future releases for the next 3-5 years, or are you okay with making a couple sacrifices? What kind of work do you plan on doing? Some spreadsheets and word docs, or are we talking music/video producing, coding, etc?

I'd say the Lenovo Legion 5 could be a good option. The laptop isn't ugly at all, and other than the 3 or so inch LEGION logo on the top left of the lid, you really wouldn't know it was a gamer laptop. They come with Ryzen chips and you can get the 15" Legion 5 with up to an RTX 3070. The prices are a bit crazy right now though. If you don't care so much about the best possible GPU though, you can opt for the 2020 Legion 5 models, which you can find with an RTX 2060 for around $1000-$1200, or a GTX 1660 Ti for $900-$1000. If you don't mind an Intel chip, the 1660 Ti model is often on sale at Costco for $999.

If you don't really care about the looks of the laptop, the Legion 5 Pro has a more gamery exterior (though still not as "loud" as something like an Alienware), but it features a 16", 16:10 screen, RTX 3060-3070, and a Ryzen chip. The tradeoff is it's more "gamery" look, a thicker body, and it's heavier due to the cooling. Despite that it's still about $100 more than the base Legion model, and you can probably find it for like $1400~ if you check someplace like antonline.
halt citizen, random vehicle search.

I’ll take a look at the Legion 5. I’m mostly looking for something balanced that can game but isn’t a “gaming laptop” that has lights and weird edges. Eh, who am I kidding, I’ll probably just sit in coffee shops and pretend to do work once things reopen … who knows 😝

I’ll take a look at the Legion 5. I’m mostly looking for something balanced that can game but isn’t a “gaming laptop” that has lights and weird edges. Eh, who am I kidding, I’ll probably just sit in coffee shops and pretend to do work once things reopen … who knows
The HP laptop deals from black friday were the best deal for that purpose. Budget gaming laptops, they were $450 at walmart and best buy. I don't know what to suggest anymore cuz I think the budget ones aren't worth buying outside of black friday

I'm assuming the Humble Choice bundle with Civilization 6 gives me a code to activate the game in Steam? My question is if I play that version of the game will I still have access to get the Xbox(Microsoft) achievement points?

I'm assuming the Humble Choice bundle with Civilization 6 gives me a code to activate the game in Steam? My question is if I play that version of the game will I still have access to get the Xbox(Microsoft) achievement points?
I don’t believe so, you would need to play Civilization through the Xbox PC app or on a console to get achievement points … but someone else may know better. I’ve never had anything through Steam activate an Xbox achievement though (Steam has its own achievement system).

Been waiting for Hell Is Other Demons. Thanks for posting! Going to play Roguebook soon. Will give my impressions after beating it once or twice or just playing a few hours.

Death Stranding (PC Version/Epic Store):

Written on 6/17/2021.

INTRO.
So, I bought this game (Death Stranding) yesterday. I'm around 5 hours into the PC version (from the Epic Store) of this game. I definitely have some thoughts, but I'm not sure how this is going to go here & what to entirely make of this all. This might be the most different & bizarre AAA game that I've played in a long time. I'm not even entirely sure what to make of it yet, as it's not your typical game by many means.

I don't know and don't feel I've entirely scratched the surface of this game, its mechanics & narrative here. It feels, since it just opened-up its world not too long ago, like this is an open-world walking simulator & hiking game that is often esoterically narrative-based. It doesn't try to tell you or explain everything to you, which also can be part of its intrigue and the reason - well, at least so far, anyways - that I can't put this down (yet). It gives you really enough, when it does, to keep you wanting to travel the world and see...well, whatever's going to come next. It's often weird, odd, different, and who knows what-else that I can think of here. Its world, its narrative, its world-building - it's just all so fascinating and odd, that I just keep wanting to see more. It's still feeling like in its first 5 hours, a huge tutorials, still often teaching me its mechanics and/or new things; especially since this doesn't act like a normal game.

TRAIL-BLAZING.
I haven't even really got into combat much here either. Most of the time, you are walking, running & moving around the game-world and its gorgeous landscapes. The game both looks & runs amazing on this iteration of Decima Engine (which also powers Horizon: Zero Dawn), often in the 120fps-160fps range on my desktop PC (i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; RTX 3070 with 8GB VRAM; W10 x 64). Simply put: the game looks & runs great with lots of detail in its game-world, terrain, and character models - and this is even without Ray-Tracing. This game's stunning.

BALANCE & CONTROL.
Often, you have to balance what you're carrying on your back and/or in your hands, trying to deliver stuff like a Fetch-quest and Fed-Ex, UPS, or Post-Office Man, delivering stuff from place-to-place. You have to try to not fall and keep balance, not moving too slow or too fast, as you might be timed to get certain items and packages to a certain location in X amount of time. Also, you can't get packages too wrecked or anything, from tripping, falling over and whatnot with the terrain and whatnot, as that will effect your score in-game, as you do get scored from F to A (with also S being above A), as you are getting in-game "Likes" and "Grades" for what you do & how well you do it (or not).

Playing with a controller (over the keyboard/mouse) is probably the best option for moving around the world here, as your controller is constantly giving your rumbling & feedback, as you are really being challenged by what you are  carrying - whether it's a corpse, some drugs, lots of packages, or whatever cargo you can think of. You have to constantly balance this stuff on you, move properly on terrain, and not fall or hurt yourself. With a keyboard/mouse, this walking simulation stuff, hiking, and world-traversal might be lacking the rumble and feedback aspects of the control, losing one of what feels like instrumental elements to going through the game-world, feeling like you're actually traversing it. This also gives the player the man v. nature feeling, as most of the time, you're going around the game-world and traversing it, pretty much all by your lonesome self, for the most part.

You'll also run into enemies called "BT's" (Beached Things), which also feel & seem like dead bodies trying to pull you into becoming one of the dead or into their world. I have not run into fights with them or combat with them yet, but from my encounters with them, you need to keep using your sensor and try to avoid them...or else a black pool of them arrive and it looks like (probably dead) shadowy figures/souls, trying to below the ground and possibly into Hell (or their realm/world), to stop you from your task. You can crouch, move slow, and hold your breath...hoping they don't try to take you down. If they do, well...you'll have to try and get away and shake this pool and mess of them off of you. These feel like this game's version of oddball stealth sequences of sorts here.

INVERSION OF THE MULTIPLAYER.
In some ways, though - this also has some interesting takes on inverted multiplayer of sorts, similar to that of Dark Souls. You won't run into other players - or well, I don't think I will, just yet - but you can run into remnants of other players have been around in this game-world. You can leave signs, messages, and whatnot for other players, if you're online - and when they are in their own game in the same area, you can send them "Likes" to boost them. The vice versa's true, as when they're online and you are, they can help you out in ways, too. When online, other players might lose cargo in the world or might drop it (b/c their cargo might get too heavy to take around) - and once you set-up mailboxes and construct those - then you can deliver lost cargo for other players to pick-up at areas besides main ones, so they can deliver it.

Once you can get items to make navigating the terrain easier, such as having ladders that you can use to cross lacks as bridges or use a rope to climb up rocks and/or mountains, for example - then other players, when online, can also use these items you placed in specific spots in their world. It really feels like you are out there, trying to help not just the game-world - but also other players in this game-world, when you're online and when they're online.

STORY.
Given all of that, here's the story: you play Sam Porter Bridges (played by Norman Reedus), who is a delivery-man (or a porter, as they are called here) that is trying to deliver packages & cargo to people through-out the world. The world seems to be in dire straits, as it feels like a post-apocalyptic world of sorts, lacking true government & whatnot. Most people don't traverse the world, as there's too many dangers out there in the world. Porters (i.e. delivery-men) are here, trying to connect with the world & also reconnect the world and rebuild it, to some kind of former glory of sorts, rebuilding America & civilization itself.

OUTRO.
So far, with everything here so and with so much to take in & digest here - so far, I can't seem to put this down. There's something unique, different, weird, and interesting about this game - and I can't put it down; at least not yet, anyways. It hasn't gotten repetitive or boring for me yet - though for some, I could see otherwise. This is a different and divisive type of game. Though, I could see - namely with its lack of shooting and action elements, when compared to other games - for some, how this could be boring to them. This game has a lot going on w/ its themes, points, story, weirdness, world-building, and whatnot - and that also might not be for everyone.

If you are looking for an odd, weird, not-that-action-packed game and you just want to traverse a game as a hiking simulation & walking simulation in an odd post-apocalyptic world & interesting sci-fi world, loaded also really good voice-acting here and great graphics & performance - this unique game & experience could be some terrain worth exploring and traversing.

Whether I will feel like this still, after way more hours behind me - yeah, like say having 20 hours or 40 hours behind me - than just say the 5 hours or so I already have behind me here and if the game can keep me going with its story, characters, and who knows what else here - well, I'll just have to wait & see.

I will just have to explore this game more & spend more time connecting with it too; all seeing where I, Sam, and this all will go to too.

bread's done
Back