Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
394Qm3p.gif

uQso5QV.gif

But I'm more sad by this one... cause while I liked some ZZ Top songs, I spent countless late nights watching his infomercials.

T4oeBbC.jpg

So... will GPU prices ever 'normalize?' Two years? Five years? Fifty?
ya know you asked if the beer plague would lower hardware prices and i feel like you jinxed it. so i think you should keep these things to yourself... lol jk, i don't know when they'll normalize.

Forza Motorsport 7 is reaching "End of Life" status & this game and its DLC's are getting de-listed on Sept. 15:

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-motorsport-7-end-of-life

Forza Motorsport 7 Versions are on sale on the Windows Store:

• Standard Ed. (Base-game only) = $9.99
  • Deluxe (FM7 base; and DLC's for VIP, Fate of the Furious, Hoonigan) = $14.99
  • Ultimate (FM7 base; and DLC's for VIP, Fate of the Furious, Hoonigan & Car Pass) = $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Forza Motorsport 7 is reaching "End of Life" status & this game and its DLC's are getting de-listed on Sept. 15:
Not the best Forza Motorsport to be honest... but it is the only one on the PC. (If you don't include Forza Apex, which is more tech demo of F6 than a full game.)

Career mode will give you plenty of things to do, you bounce around to a lot of different cars which is needed do to the biggest issue in the game... Homologate. To race in that series (say hypercars, classic super car, rally (classic, modern(?), monster) you chose a car in that series and you don't really get to upgrade it because the restrictions are so freaking tight. Its not like previous version where you could drive the same car in quite a bit of the races/series. Also some of the cars in those classes are horrendous and other cars are vastly superior (granted, this has always been a problem) but some of the cars you really want cannot be bought and have to be earned. Which can be fine, but its RNG. I play a lot of games with random stuff/loot (Borderlands, Division, PoE, The ole Marvel Heroes, etc.) and it can drive gameplay... Here it hinders it.

After the career mode, which is lengthy, you'll find yourself needing more money to unlock stuff you want and the best way to earn it is running certain cars (Forza edition cars that get bonuses on certain tracks, or at certain times of day), on certain tracks, and well... That can get tedious as you have to use cards (random again) to gain extra money/XP. The cards have limited uses so to maximize value your running a hell of a lot of laps in one race at these tracks. (Like running Le Mans (Old track) in a Ford GT, or a BMW G4 at the Nurburgring full circuit.)

Anyhow, as much as I bitch about it its a good game. I have 219 hours in it.

Thanks for all of that, Inmate; much appreciated.

For all those doing the sim-cade and/or sim racers - which is the best? Assetto Corsa? Forza Motorsport 7? Projects Cars games? Other?

For all those doing the sim-cade and/or sim racers - which is the best? Assetto Corsa? Forza Motorsport 7? Projects Cars games? Other?
The versions of the racing sim IPs that I’ve played aren’t the newest in their respective franchises, but the general consensus seems to be that Assetto Corsa is the simmiest. In terms of actual fun, that kinda depends on what you’re looking for. I know Project Cars (1) was praised for its weather/day cycles over its contemporary sims, though I haven’t heard how well or if newer entries in the other franchises have implemented similar systems; Forza probably has the most to do and is generally the most gamified, or at least it was in the past; Project Cars (1) had very little gamification, it just sort of throws you into the middle of the action; and Project Cars 3 is supposed to add some arcadey gameplay in, so I think it wasn’t well received by racing sim enthusiasts.

Free Steam Games:

Human: Fall Flat - W7JHG-WTNLW-TGWDP

Pang Adventures - FCTVY-ADPJ3-EC2XH

SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell - QTW80-JXR6I-K5C08

The Flame in the Flood - 5K77Z-WKRWL-9LNL3

ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West™ Premium Edition - TVKHE-7BNIT-RZHV4
Puzzle Agent - KWBW4-GWDNV-AXFAC
Puzzle Agent 2 - JADX4-F0F2D-XLMBY

Thomas Was Alone - 6VJC3-CQJ8P-PHMA2

Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - 2K28K-C3DT9-CP0GH

The Walking Dead: Season 1 - PVWLV-B678C-IFHXT

:wave:
I grabbed The Walking Dead. Much appreciated, Spuke!

I played both games on Game Pass on Xbox One. Assetto Corsa is horrible. I felt like I was fighting the controls the entire time.

Forza Motorsport 7 looks great and handles decently for the most part.

The Game Pass version of The Ascent also lacks the option to change difficulty and DX11 simply doesn't work, which is a problem since the game supposedly stutters a lot less in DX11 vs DX12.

Played for a bit yesterday and I'm iffy on it. Gameplay seems kinda fun in the early going but there are some baffling UI/menu decisions. Menus in particular are frustrating to navigate and sometimes the text is just way too small and a pain to read. Game generally maintains 60+ FPS on 1080p ultra for me (GTX 1660) but there's the occasional massive hitch. Very noticeable during big explosions. The art style does look great though. Sound design is strong. Character creation is an absolute joke, unfortunately. The main hub area is huge and insanely detailed but a pain in the ass to navigate, which is made worse by the garbage map.

Stopped it for now to play some other things. Really want to like this since we need more fun twin-stick shooters but might wait for a patch or two before jumping back in.

I'm enjoying The Ascent so far.  However no sprint is annoying I prefer to get to places quickly and also L3 for greased is a pain in the arse i throw them by accident all the time.

I've not played PC2 (or 3 if out) but the orginal PC and Assetto Corsa can likely be amazing but you got to really dial in the controls because out of the box its pretty much a disaster. (AC less so than PC)

IRacing has a monthly fee, is by far the best, but a keyboard/mouse or a controller isn't going to get it done. You need a wheel and pedals. (Also, I think single player content is pretty limited. You're suppose to race against other people.

Honestly, I think Motorsports 7 is the best option. It will teach you how to get better without smashing you across the head with a keyboard. Make a mistake, rewind, do it again and get it right. Turn it off when you feel confident (or leave it on and just don't use it. Perfect for the pet owner/parent that has to deal with possible distraction.)

For anyone who is a fan of Arx Fatalis or Ultima Underworld or King's Field, the Monomyth developer just released a demo on Steam and launched a Kickstarter campaign to generate funds to finish up (he's already past his goal and on to stretch goals). Price on KS is approximately $18.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/908360/Monomyth/
I've spent the last decade (in the bathroom) hoping for a proper King's Field sequel so I'll give this a shot. Also, I tried getting into The Ascent and ended up just deleting it after about 45 minutes. I might give it another try when the game works properly on GamePass. I recently picked up a new Ultrawide monitor and it looked stunning when it wasn't hitching and stuttering, but it was constantly hitching and stuttering.

Just wanted to share that I found my house in Flight Simulator:

kfHqGfV.jpg

Planning on a high resolution remodel sometime next year.
Man that Animal Crossing Switch really must have some horses in it to pull off such a high def picture of your house. And pigs, and raccoons, and all that other cute stuff that creepy furries probably masturbate to.

ELEX - My Review.

Just finished-up Elex with its main quest (i.e. once the Credits roll) and then some (i.e. there's extra Epilogue here, which deals with all your decisions & your companions both in game & with final panels/screens about everything), after running around with a huge number of 86 hours w/ this game, according to Steam, as I pretty much did almost every quest here in the game that I could here (for both main and side quests).

While being a PB game and being difficult is still here, this can all be fixed. This difficulty problem can be fixed, if you're having issues, no matter whether you want it easier and/or harder (or you could leave it well alone, if all's going well for you), as there are ways to tailor that to your wants & needs. There are around a handful at least here of different setting for Overall Difficulty Modes here.

Not only this, but players can go further & go with a Custom difficulty here, even tailoring certain aspects to be tuned a certain way here. When going Custom here, you can set yourself to do different degrees of damage to enemies; let enemies do different degrees of damage; change the amount of stamina used (or no use of stamina period, if you want to take it that far); etc etc. These features here are certainly welcome here, so that all players can actually at least finish the game once ... and/or then decide to run the game a different direction and/or tailor the difficulty to their wants & needs, whenever & however they feel like it.

Elex is great, despite not being perfect. The story, characters, game-world, dialogue, writing, voice-acting & music are all fantastic...and are the main reasons to play this game. Certainly, these are all great reasons to play Elex, as this is their best game since their original groundbreaking game Gothic 1, IMHO.

Elex is criminally underrated. The jetpack alone makes this genre of RPGs more palatable for people tired of walking everywhere. I am stoked for the sequel and hope it exceeds the original. I liked that the Albs were cold and emotionless like robots.

For fans of ELEX who never played PB's Gothic series, the 'Universe' bundle (which includes Gothic 1, 2, and 3) is currently $4 on Fanatical.  Usually the same price during most Steam sales, too.  Highly recommend it despite the dated graphics in the first two -- it actually serves as a nice juxtaposition as to how much depth they put into these early games and how they influenced later ones in the genre.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/gothic-universe-edition

For fans of ELEX who never played PB's Gothic series, the 'Universe' bundle (which includes Gothic 1, 2, and 3) is currently $4 on Fanatical. Usually the same price during most Steam sales, too. Highly recommend it despite the dated graphics in the first two -- it actually serves as a nice juxtaposition as to how much depth they put into these early games and how they influenced later ones in the genre.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/gothic-universe-edition
The Gothic voice acting is also top notch

https://youtu.be/IYGUgCaai4o
https://youtu.be/Tb8IeEQ7OPg

Also, Gothic 1 (2001) was one of the first of these type of RPG's to standard-ize and normalize RPG's actually having full-blown voice-acting, even before Oblivion (2006) did this.

Heck, G2 only came only a year later (2002).

Morrowind (2002) certainly wasn't full-blown voice-acted; only certain stuff.

Back then, you were lucky if some main quests and mainly a few lines in "important" side quests actually had any sort of voice-acting in these huge RPG's with tons of story, narrative, writing, dialogue, lines, choice/decision-making, and things of that sort.

Games like NWN, BG1, BG2, PST, IWD, etc etc - they weren't full-blown voice-acted.

Also, Gothic 1 (2001) was one of the first of these type of RPG's to standard-ize and normalize RPG's actually having full-blown voice-acting, even before Oblivion (2006) did this.
That sounds like a good reason to hate the Gothic series, actually. Bring back text boxes!

That sounds like a good reason to hate the Gothic series, actually. Bring back text boxes!
When done right - i.e. w/ great and different voice-actors everywhere - I do think that voice-acting in a RPG can really enhance a game, as seen by some of the great BioWare RPG's (i.e. DAO, DAI & ME Trilogy).

Though, there have been some great CRPG's in recent memory which had no voice-acting, but their writing was great - like say Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun Dragonfall.

I don't always think full-blown voice-acting's necessary - as games like SR Returns and SR Dragonfall prove it can work, old-school style, with none.

And I'm even fine w/ NWN1's approach of some important lines, moments, and scenes get voice-acting - and most stuff don't.

In some ways, sometimes it's good when there's little to none voice-acting, as dev's can probably just add more choices & options in decision-making to flesh-out quests whenever they want & feel like it, w/out the need of say also then having to spend $ to call some voice-actors in to then voice it.

So, yeah - whatever works. [shrug]

We've really came a long way in the voice-over work stuff dept., since Gothic 1.

The worst is the games with the one word or short phrase voice lines that get repeated over and over again and don't match what's being said in the text. Octopath, Wargroove. Stuff like that. Hate it.

bread's done
Back