Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Enjoy the card. Just curious, did you do evga waitlist or step up?

Great addition. Will be the first game I actually play through egs.
Did the EVGA waitlist. I missed the early launch-day window because we had no idea that hitting 'auto-notify' was going to result in getting a spot in some purchasing queue. My buddy got his that way back in Dec. just because he clicked the button, sheesh. By the time that news came out I was screwed. But 2-3 months ago they e-mailed me and highly suggested that I slide my reservation slot over to the new model with LHR, which I did. Then poof, one day you get an e-mail outta nowhere and have 8 hours to complete your checkout. I don't care that my card is gimped for mining; I got the model that I wanted badly!

Now I am trying to unload this MSI 3080 Ventus 3X that I won bought in the newegg shuffle a couple weeks ago. It was super expensive. I may have to just return it. Only took about 50-60 attempts at the shuffle...

In any case, super cool on EVGA for not jacking up their prices hardcore unlike most of the other card makers. They are still the best in the business imho.

Ya know each one of these companies could have instituted a notify queue like EVGA if they wanted. But no, most saw the sellouts as an opportunity to de-list their items and then jack up the prices by ~$200-$300. Been doing this a lonnng time and I've never quite had an experience like this (much difficulty and many close calls before getting a highly contested console/hardware that I wanted.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nioh 2 is way different than Nioh. I would almost compare it to Dark Souls 1 vs Bloodborne. Nioh is slower and a bit clunkier, but I prefer it to 2. The problem with 2 is that it’s a really cheap Souls-like that punishes you for the sake of being hard rather than punishing you for playing poorly or taking unnecessary risks. I didn’t put a lot of time into the second game because of that, but I’m tempted to revisit it with the new PC/PS5 enhancements.

Even though FromSoft titles dominate my all-time favorites list I still haven't gotten around to trying the Nioh series, which by most accounts seems to be the best Souls-like series out there. Maybe I'll be ready soon, but finishing Sekiro last year nearly destroyed me so I'm taking a break from that sort of thing.

Even though FromSoft titles dominate my all-time favorites list I still haven't gotten around to trying the Nioh series, which by most accounts seems to be the best Souls-like series out there. Maybe I'll be ready soon, but finishing Sekiro last year nearly destroyed me so I'm taking a break from that sort of thing.
I strongly recommend Surge 2, Mortal Shell and Ashen. Loved, absolutely loved all of them.

Yeah, Surge 2 is a great improvement over the original. Really cool mechanic how you can target body parts and cut them off to get certain modifications for your character. Definitely one of the Souls-likes that stands out.

Why enter on those bundles then? They do have cards without bundles. I know I skip every motherboard bundle as I'm not really interested in upgrading my whole system.
Eh, I used to enter almost any bundle that wasn't completely ridiculous because it doesn't cost anything and you can make the final decision when the bell rings. I did win a motherboard bundle once and eventually sold the board for a hundred bucks, making the final GPU price a bit more palatable (though I was selling the old GPU as well earlier, further reducing the out of pocket cost)

Eh, I used to enter almost any bundle that wasn't completely ridiculous because it doesn't cost anything and you can make the final decision when the bell rings. I did win a motherboard bundle once and eventually sold the board for a hundred bucks, making the final GPU price a bit more palatable (though I was selling the old GPU as well earlier, further reducing the out of pocket cost)
I was planning to use this tactic. After not getting selected for the single gpu I started just quickly entering into whatever was available. When you are doing this daily for a long time it is easier to just check the box and move on.

Nioh 2 is way different than Nioh. I would almost compare it to Dark Souls 1 vs Bloodborne. Nioh is slower and a bit clunkier, but I prefer it to 2. The problem with 2 is that it’s a really cheap Souls-like that punishes you for the sake of being hard rather than punishing you for playing poorly or taking unnecessary risks. I didn’t put a lot of time into the second game because of that, but I’m tempted to revisit it with the new PC/PS5 enhancements.
Ah ok, so it wasn't just me. I do prefer faster paced, twitch gameplay so that explains it.

Leisure Suit Larry 7 is the latest Gala freebie. It's a great game, best in the series, and you certainly don't need to have played any of the prior games to enjoy LSL7. While it's a point-and-click game there's also a text parser mechanic that IIRC is required in a few situations but mostly optional, which provides some additional humor for those wanting to have fun with typing various things like in the pre-point-and-click days.

https://freebies.indiegala.com/leisure-suit-larry-7-love-for-sail

Still no sign of LSL4.

Leisure Suit Larry 7 is the latest Gala pervert freebie. It's a great game, best in the pervert series, and you certainly don't need to have perverted any of the prior pervert games to enjoy LSL7. While it's a perv-and-click game there's also a text pervert mechanic that IIRC is required in a few perverted situations but mostly optional, which perverted some additional humor for those perverts wanting to have fun with typing various perverted things like in the pre-perv-and-click days.

Pervert.

https://freebies.indiegala.com/leisure-suit-larry-7-love-for-sail

Still no sign of LSL4.
Ftfy

683049.jpg

"Yeah, this game sure is pervy. It's just plain perverted. I've seen perverted games before but this is the most perverted game for perverts that's ever perved."

Huge list of PC games (a lot unannounced) got leaked, via someone finding a way to access GeForce Now's database:

Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/pncvo0/unlocking_geforce_now_reveals_god_of_war_2018_for/

Push Square - https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/09/rumour_gigantic_geforce_leak_goes_nuclear_hints_at_all_kinds_of_unannounced_games_ps5_titles_linked_to_pc

Nintendo Enthusiast - https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/rumor-massive-geforce-now-leak-says-final-fantasy-ix-remake-tactics-chrono-cross-remaster-may-exist/

Lists are pretty extensive, in which some includes:

Mirror's Edge RTX, Bioshock RTX, Bioshock 2022, Fight for Middle-Earth, GTA3/VC/SA Remastered, Halo 5 Guardians PC, Crysis 4, Dragon's Dogma 2, XCOM 3, Chrono Cross Remastered, Kingdom Hearts 4, God of War for PC, Gears 6, Returnal for PC, Titan Quest 2, Half-Life 2 Remastered, Ghosts of Tsushima for PC, etc etc.

pour-one-out-for-the-homies.gif

RIP Norm Macdonald, one of the best comedians of our generation.
Really sad, I'd been trying the last few years to catch him live. Had no idea, but was wondering why I hadn't heard much from him on Twitter etc in the last few months.

I met him once on 5th Ave and 34th, stood out like a sore thumb in a Habs sweater.

His stuff definitely meant more to me, by far, than any other celebrity.

His book Based on a True Story is absolutely hilarious, by the way, highly recommended to anyone who hasn't read it.

Deathloop PC version.

Arkane is going to look into the poor performance & stuttering issues plaguing Deathloop PC version:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-15-deathloop-pc-stuttering-issues-being-investigated-arkane-says

Info:
- PC version of Deathloop is sitting at mixed reviews namely b/c of its performance issues & stuttering issues.
- This is not the best performing game, as it's also on the Void Engine, which also powered Dishonored 2.
- Void Engine is based off Id Tech 5 Engine, which also powered Id's RAGE 1 game.
- Many fans believe Denuvo and/or Void Engine might be the problem.
- Alex Battaglia of Digital Foundry said there was no evidence Denuvo was to blame for the stuttering players are currently reporting.
- Alex believes the issues are from when the camera & game's fps unlocked, not set at the standard fps intervals (i.e. 60fps).
- That means that it sounds like most of the problems are from the Void Engine & its issues itself.

Deltarune Chapter 2 (second part of the follow-up to Undertale) releasing tomorrow night at 8 PM EST.

No stores listed and no price mentioned yet. Chapter 1 was free at Deltarune.com, so maybe this one too?

The chapter 1 trailer said that future chapters would not be free. So I dunno, maybe a few bucks tops? I can't imagine it being more than $5. I don't remember a damn thing that happened in chapter 1 so I'll just wait for the whole thing to be released at this point. I just can't get hyped for episodic release schedules anymore.

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - Legend of the Kestrel Lancers (Free Expansion):

Free expansion coming (on Sept. 23rd) to MW5: Mercs called Legend of the Kestrel Lancers, which I think adds MELEE attacks to MechWarrior for the first time ever in the series' long-running history!

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C6LtVQzxg0

Would anyone know anything about this mech keyboard? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/redragon-k552-2-kumara-wired-tkl-gaming-mechanical-blue-switch-keyboard-with-back-lighting-black/6419321.p?skuId=6419321

I know blues are loud as hell but my current mech keyboard is a Dierya (yes that is the brand name) and is probably worse then this.
I have that model but with red switches. I've had it since june and it's been working fine for me. The space bar's stabilization is pretty bad though, kinda rattles when it's struck. You can probably buy some parts to improve it though. I think if you're looking for a $20 keyboard, Red Dragon is a good enough buy. Probably better than whatever brand you have now.

bread's done
Back