Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
monopoly-man.jpg
To be fair, he DID just win ten bucks by coming in second place at a beauty contest.

Epic Store - Holiday Sale:

For those looking to actually buy from Epic:

Epic Holiday Sale is here and so are $10 off coupons (once you are spending $14.99).

DLC's are NOT eligible for coupons.

Some Games on Epic Sale - Prices after $10 discount:

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (always online) [req. UPlay] = $4.99

Hades = $6.24

Disco Elysium - $7.99

Death Stranding = $10.99

Desperados 3 - $9.99

Kingdoms of Amular: Re-Reckoning (base package) = $5.99

Kingdoms of Amular: Re-Reckoning - Fate Edition (with Fatesworn DLC) = $11.99

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Deluxe (req. Origin) = $7.49

Nioh 1: Complete = $8.49

The Forgotten City = $8.74

Outriders = $9.79

Mafia: Definitive Edition = $9.99

Mafia Trilogy = $19.99

The Outer Worlds (base) = $9.79

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 (Remake) = $9.99

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries [base] = $11.49

Chernobylite - $12.49

Hitman 3 [base] = $13.99

Hitman 3: Deluxe (Base Game; Escalation Contracts; Digital Extras; etc) = $25.99

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - $15.99

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood =  $15.99

Red Dead Redemption 2 (also req. Rockstar Launcher) - $19.99

Cyberpunk 2077 - $19.99

EA Star Wars Triple Pack (Squadrons, Fallen Order, Battlefront 2) [req. Origin] = $19.69

Watch Dogs: Legion - Gold Edition (WD: Legion & 2 Expansions; WD1 Complete; etc) = $22.99

WD: Legion - Ultimate (WD: Legion Gold Edition & Urban Jungle Pack Characters; 4 Week VIP) = $29.59

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps they should add more than a shopping cart and make sure their laucher can run a few updates and the store page at the same time during a sale. I went to add Shamu3 The Crowd Sourced Wonder and instead of adding it to my library it just went back to its store home page. Now I can't even load my game library as it updates one game.

The irony is, I forgot I got the game via Humble monthly awhile back on Steam.

Epic Store has been all messy for me, since 11am. It's been on refreshes showing up in different languages, connections been slow, stuff won't add to cart, etc etc.

Maybe they should get more and better servers too.

They have finally reached steam status of 10 years ago, where their store shits the bed at the start of a sale. Give it like 5-7 years and they should have it all cleared up

Probably not. It does some things better than FC3 but it also has some annoying mechanics like forced plot-based kidnappings that really mess with the game pacing and, unless you're committed to the idea of playing it, I expect you'll drop off by the second or third time it happens.
I pirated it, quit less than halfway through, and still want my money back.

Man, there's probably a half dozen games in that list that I'd bite on if it weren't tied to the EGS. Some of those are at the level of the Steam Sale prices of old where you don't even hesitate to hit the BUY button.

Epic Store has been all messy for me, since 11am. It's been on refreshes showing up in different languages, connections been slow, stuff won't add to cart, etc etc.

Maybe they should get more and better servers too.
Yeah, just tried again this evening and no go. I even added it to the cart, went to checkout, and still no joy. The screen just goes black and does nothing till I right click on the icon in the sys tray and exit.

Edit:

After a 404 error in the game client I tried the website version and it worked. Quality stuff there Epic.

How about that FFVII remake cost kek
I'd be upset if the game wasn't straight up garbage. How they managed to take a third of the original game and have it be both bloated with meaningless shit and completely devoid of actual content is beyond me. Modern gaming is a sight to behold sometimes.

Is Horizon Zero Dawn worth $25 it’s on sale for now with EGS or should I wait for a price drop when the new one comes out? Nothing on that sale list above really is intriguing/good enough except maybe RDR2

If I buy Jedi Fallen Order on Epic, will it also activate on Origin so I never have to open the Epic Launcher?

I've purchased some ubisoft games on epic that did that (can run from Uplay)

How about that FFVII remake cost kek
Don't care right now about its pricing. Yes, $70 sucks for us as consumers - but I think we'll unfortunately see more companies do this, as games cost a lot to make - especially in AAA space - and it's commonplace on PS5.

Will buy this later, letting the market correct itself when it really needs to - and when the game is actually fixed/and/or optimized...whether by Square or modders.

Plus, the FF7R: Intergrade PC version's in dire straits right now, performing POORLY on RTX 3090's at 1080p, according to Digital Foundry; they are citing this as one of the worst AAA PC ports in a very long time on the technical side.

Click this. And this.

Also looks like by default, it's capped at 30fps. You can upcap it from 30fps, but...it's up to you.

EDIT:

VG247's thoughts on FF7 Remake Int. PC version:

https://www.vg247.com/ff7-remake-pc-review

Is Horizon Zero Dawn worth $25 it’s on sale for now with EGS or should I wait for a price drop when the new one comes out? Nothing on that sale list above really is intriguing/good enough except maybe RDR2
So its $15 with the $10 off coupon? At that price its a good deal, if on the epic store. I've seen it via various key sellers for $20-22.

I've got it on GOG.

It's really good for an open-world game. I do need to get back to it proper and get working on it.

So, it runs great and looks great on my PC (i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; RTX 3070) - even more so, since the last updates adds FSR and DLSS support. Performance at least went up some 20-30%. At 1080p with FSR or DLSS On, it literally went-up, performance-wise - from say 60-70fps (Without DLSS) to like 100fps no problem (with DLSS On).

It's Tomb Raider (some climbing and platforming; and emphasis on bow & arrow stuff, even though the bow's sci-fi stuff here) meets open-world stealth stuff game (think some old-school AC stuff) meets UbiSoft stuff (the game's LOADED with side quests everywhere) and some weird futuristic post-apoc' world where there's robotic-dinos. If that sounds up your alley, you're likely going to think highly of it.

$15 (after coupon) sounds like a real good deal for this one, IMHO.

True. I just wanna use this dumb coupon right now lol.
Egs frequently has that coupon offer, don't let it drive an impulse purchase. That said, H:ZD is a great game and I've also been eyeing the purchase. I'm waiting to rebuy it on steam once it hits $15 from a legit (non gray market) merchant. I'd expect this to be pretty soon, maybe Jan-Feb.

Egs frequently has that coupon offer, don't let it drive an impulse purchase. That said, H:ZD is a great game and I've also been eyeing the purchase. I'm waiting to rebuy it on steam once it hits $15 from a legit (non gray market) merchant. I'd expect this to be pretty soon, maybe Jan-Feb.
good call

Back 4 Blood released a large patch with offline progression, combat buffs, speedrun nerfs, temporary "burn" cards to use your points on after you've bought everything and a seasonal event with holiday hats, sweaters, gun skins, etc.  They also smoothed out some of the progression walls between tiers so you don't get punched in the teeth quite as hard moving from Recruit to Veteran to Nightmare.

I played a bit last night and thought it felt significantly better than before.  Too bad they didn't start like this and save themselves some heartache.

Back 4 Blood released a large patch with offline progression, combat buffs, speedrun nerfs, temporary "burn" cards to use your points on after you've bought everything and a seasonal event with holiday hats, sweaters, gun skins, etc. They also smoothed out some of the progression walls between tiers so you don't get punched in the teeth quite as hard moving from Recruit to Veteran to Nightmare.

I played a bit last night and thought it felt significantly better than before. Too bad they didn't start like this and save themselves some heartache.
Good to know on B4B. Glad it's improved quite a bit now.

And we all know this isn't how games in the AAA space launch anymore. They don't care, they just Launch the game as Alpha/Beta/Broken/not polished/unfinished for $60-120 - then fix it up later. They care once its too late - once the backlash hits; they have to go into PR mode; and it then hurts their bottom line & sales.

We can ask GTA3 PC; GTA4 PC; GTA Trilogy Definitive on all platforms; Bully PC; Dishonored 2 PC; Deathloop PC; RAGE 1 PC; Mafia 3 PC, FF7 Remake Intergrade PC, CP 2077 PC; Morrowind PC; Oblivion PC; DAI PC; Witcher 1, 2, 3 PC; GR Breakpoint, GR Wildlands; Watch Dogs 1 PC; etc etc.

List seems to just keep growing.

Also, seems worth noting - TenCent bought out Turtle Rock also.

Good to know on B4B. Glad it's improved quite a bit now.

And we all know this isn't how games in the AAA space launch anymore. They don't care, they just Launch the game as Alpha/Beta/Broken/not polished/unfinished for $60-120 - then fix it up later. They care once its too late - once the backlash hits; they have to go into PR mode; and it then hurts their bottom line & sales.

We can ask GTA3 PC; GTA4 PC; GTA Trilogy Definitive on all platforms; Bully PC; Dishonored 2 PC; Deathloop PC; RAGE 1 PC; Mafia 3 PC, FF7 Remake Intergrade PC, CP 2077 PC; Morrowind PC; Oblivion PC; DAI PC; Witcher 1, 2, 3 PC; GR Breakpoint, GR Wildlands; Watch Dogs 1 PC; etc etc.

List seems to just keep growing.

Also, seems worth noting - TenCent bought out Turtle Rock also.
I'm having more fun with Aliens Fireteam than Back4Blood.

Had more fun with Aliens as well … the biggest problem with B4B is that it comes across like a knock off L4D … even though it’s by the same developers. The infected just aren’t as thoughtful as L4D’s enemies and the game spams them at you to a point where one showing up doesn’t feel impactful.

I was really psyched for B4B before launch … but it’s basically dead to me now (then again, I’ve been super critical of everything this year … just deleted Halo because it felt hollow) … maybe B4B will be improved to the point where it becomes undead and I try it again.

I think it's funny for Epic to do a "mystery game countdown!" just to reveal a game everyone has free already on Epic from the Twitch giveaway.

bread's done
Back