Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I have had the Steam Deck for about a week now and it is definitely an interesting process for someone with no previous Linux experience. I still struggle with using the right touchpad click as my thumb tends to slip forward to move the cursor before registering the click. There is a work-around involving holding the steam button and using the triggers though. My biggest disappointment is that so far my DOSBOX games are not working. I had plans to play a lot of classic GOG games (HoMM 1 and 2, Master of Orion, etc) but the various linux dependencies aren't allowing that process yet. I understand the focus is on the bigger more recent games so I can wait. My dream was to relive the classic 90s PC games unavailable on any other device.
You can install dosbox via the discover store (from the linux desktop)

I have had the Steam Deck for about a week now and it is definitely an interesting process for someone with no previous Linux experience. I still struggle with using the right touchpad click as my thumb tends to slip forward to move the cursor before registering the click. There is a work-around involving holding the steam button and using the triggers though. My biggest disappointment is that so far my DOSBOX games are not working. I had plans to play a lot of classic GOG games (HoMM 1 and 2, Master of Orion, etc) but the various linux dependencies aren't allowing that process yet. I understand the focus is on the bigger more recent games so I can wait. My dream was to relive the classic 90s PC games unavailable on any other device.
I can sort of relate. I had big dreams of playing Final Fantasy XIV in bed but I'm too stupid to figure out how to get it to work on the 64 GB model even with all the guides out there so now I'm just playing Mass Effect in bed. It's cool, but not what I bought it for lol.

Epic Store Freebies:

This Week's Freebie:

- Bioshock: The Collection.

This pack/collection includes all single-player content for:

- BioShock: Remastered

- BioShock 2: Remastered

- and BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition

Next Week's Freebie:

- Mystery Game?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
pouring-out-liquor.gif

intro-1582153085.jpg

You can install dosbox via the discover store (from the linux desktop)
Yes I did that but it still doesn't work for some reason. Even legitimate games that use dosbox that I try to open in SteamOS (Master of Orion Classic on steam) won't run. It shows the Dosbox logo and then crashes back to the SteamOS launcher. I can't even get Master of Orion 2 to load either. Heroes of Might anf Magic 3 does work using Steam so that is my best option for that series although the GOG version is the superior one for the extra content.

I can sort of relate. I had big dreams of playing Final Fantasy XIV in bed but I'm too stupid to figure out how to get it to work on the 64 GB model even with all the guides out there so now I'm just playing Mass Effect in bed. It's cool, but not what I bought it for lol.
Even Gabe Newell was playing FF14 on his deck so at least you know Valve is going to do its best to get it to work eventually. I avoid those MMOs though since I know they would suck me in and then I can't play anything else lol.

I just bought Inscryption ($12) and Loop Hero ($5) to tide me over for now

Dang, I would have unironically bought this day one if they even gave a slight discount. At least give me 10% off
To be fair, $60 for 250 songs is pretty much the best pricing this series has had to date, IIRC.

You can get the core game on other sites for discount, but then you'd have to buy the music add on later.

Even Gabe Newell was playing FF14 on his deck so at least you know Valve is going to do its best to get it to work eventually. I avoid those MMOs though since I know they would suck me in and then I can't play anything else lol.

I just bought Inscryption ($12) and Loop Hero ($5) to tide me over for now
The good news is that they apparently fixed the launcher issues with the game on the latest version of Proton so no tinkering around with other programs and desktop mode required. The bad news: my internet is too slow to patch the game and it keeps timing me out lol.

Good call on recognizing what a time sink the genre is. The story alone in FF14 is easily 200-300 hours if you don't touch any of the side content. I've heard great things about Inscryption and I've thought about picking it up on more than one occasion. Part of me is still concerned it'll be another Pony Island situation but that seems so irrational since every other game the creator has put out has so much acclaim...

Original version or Legendary Edition?
Legendary Edition. I'm still only about halfway through 1 but performance has surprised me, despite the base game being 15 years old. I set the refresh rate of the Steam Deck to 40hz and the TDP to 9-10 watts and I'm getting anywhere from three to three and a half hours of battery life, last I checked.

Steam is Steam, regardless of what device you use it on. If you have an account and can browse the internet, you can use codes to add games to it, provided they haven’t already been redeemed and work in your region.
Cool thought it was like switch where I gotta have the console to add or buy games. Appreciate it.

Price-matched Doom Eternal at Best Buy. Got the steelbook, now what do I do with it?
Rip & tear (in-game).

I guess you could always burn the game on some BR discs (provided you have a BR-burner) and stick them in the steelbook box, for some reason. [shrug]

The good news is that they apparently fixed the launcher issues with the game on the latest version of Proton so no tinkering around with other programs and desktop mode required. The bad news: my internet is too slow to patch the game and it keeps timing me out lol.

Good call on recognizing what a time sink the genre is. The story alone in FF14 is easily 200-300 hours if you don't touch any of the side content. I've heard great things about Inscryption and I've thought about picking it up on more than one occasion. Part of me is still concerned it'll be another Pony Island situation but that seems so irrational since every other game the creator has put out has so much acclaim...

Legendary Edition. I'm still only about halfway through 1 but performance has surprised me, despite the base game being 15 years old. I set the refresh rate of the Steam Deck to 40hz and the TDP to 9-10 watts and I'm getting anywhere from three to three and a half hours of battery life, last I checked.
I am a sucker for card games so I took the plunge and it met my criteria of being exclusive to PC at least for now. $11 isn't too big of an investment for me given the positive reviews.

Stolen from Steamgifts

Free steam badge

"

Go to Steam Racing Fest here then login your Steam account if you didn't do it yet.

Answer the following questions

Race Around the Clock

Space Race

Richard Burns Rally

Burnout 3

Check your message on the bottom then search the badge like the one showing in the pic:

Upcoming - Browse demos Section|Where you might try out racing games from the future.

Multiplayer - Offroad Section|Where you might race on a dirt track with your friends.

VR - Flight & Space Section|Where you don't need wheels, but you do need a headset.

Click it and you get it free badge and free 100 XP for Steam!

"

Stolen from Steamgifts

Free steam badge

"

Go to Steam Racing Fest here then login your Steam account if you didn't do it yet.

Answer the following questions

Race Around the Clock

Space Race

Richard Burns Rally

Burnout 3

Check your message on the bottom then search the badge like the one showing in the pic:

Upcoming - Browse demos Section|Where you might try out racing games from the future.

Multiplayer - Offroad Section|Where you might race on a dirt track with your friends.

VR - Flight & Space Section|Where you don't need wheels, but you do need a headset.

Click it and you get it free badge and free 100 XP for Steam!

"
Thanks! I have a talent for overlooking the obvious, so naturally I had trouble finding the badge.

In case anyone else has trouble, don't do what I did, which is to search the store pages for the games in the category to which I was directed.

The badge is found in place of one of the game placards on the main sale page, in the section indicated to you. It's the one with the Steam logo.

I thought that was a placeholder for a link to the page I was already on. I thought, "well there aren't many games in this section as I've already run into a generic placeholder"

Jesus, getting old sucks.

I had one friend nearly die from a massive heart attack and another friend where they found a massive tumor on his stomach all happen in the last week.

Enjoy every day.

Getting old is the f'n worst.
I don't have any friends. Just the stuffed animals that I talk to.

The daki and I are going to Red Lobster this weekend though. She absolutely loves the cheddar biscuits and makes a mess all over herself.

Prime Gaming lineup for June 2022
Available starting June 1

• Far Cry 4
  • Escape from Monkey Island
  • Calico
  • Across the Grooves
  • WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship
  • Astrologaster

I had one friend nearly die from a massive heart attack and another friend where they found a massive tumor on his stomach all happen in the last week.

Enjoy every day.

Getting old is the f'n worst.
This week is one year since one of my friends died of "causes the family doesn't talk about".
A few weeks later, another friend died from complications from surgery.

At the beginning of last month, my cousin that's 7 days older than I died of cancer.

Getting old is not great, but still better than the alternative.

Getting old is not great, but still better than the alternative.
Some people may agree with this, but my friend who had the heart attack said this...

"I felt dizzy and said, 'I don't feel good' and then everything went black. If that's the way it ends... that's as good as it gets."

He woke up with a person pounding on his chest and screaming his name, but if that's a way you can go out, I can't argue with him. No pain, no suffering, just done. I think that is the best you could ask for.

In his case, it would have sucked for his wife, who was in the room when he crashed, but if you could have a situation where that happens to you when no one else is around, not the worst way to shuffle off this mortal coil.

We should be talking about more important issues, like pondering what happens to people's 2000+ game Steam accounts when they die and are the only ones who know the login

We should be talking about more important issues, like pondering what happens to people's 2000+ game Steam accounts when they die and are the only ones who know the login
I have had a similar discussion about this subject with co-workers. Specially what happens to your digital library when you die. I believe as long as your family knows your account credentials they can keep using your steam/xbox/psn accounts. One of my co-workers says once you die all those games you bought digitally can no longer can be used by anyone else. He says it's illegal. I am guessing the wording in the EULA says something to that effect. I just don't know how that would be enforced.

Some people may agree with this, but my friend who had the heart attack said this...

"I felt dizzy and said, 'I don't feel good' and then everything went black. If that's the way it ends... that's as good as it gets."

He woke up with a person pounding on his chest and screaming his name, but if that's a way you can go out, I can't argue with him. No pain, no suffering, just done. I think that is the best you could ask for.

In his case, it would have sucked for his wife, who was in the room when he crashed, but if you could have a situation where that happens to you when no one else is around, not the worst way to shuffle off this mortal coil.
That's the way I want to go... not specifically a heart attack... just no real pain/panic/drawn out shit.

My dad died of cirrhosis and my step-dad was dying of cirrhosis (probably would've only lasted another couple months but got a transplant about a year ago and is doing good). Shit like that is a horrible way to go, slowly losing your mind and dying because you're being poisoned by your own body.

Regarding pizza burgers... This is what I consider a pizza burger.

Open-Faced-Pizza-Burgers_EXPS_FT20_13459_F_0306_1-10.jpg

I guess it could be made with different sauces, but we always made it with chili sauce for some reason. Actually pretty good.

Regarding digital libraries after death.

I think Apple already dealt with this (of course I can't find a link now), but yes, of course, all the companies say accounts are non-transferable. But screw all that. I'll leave login instructions behind.

Eh, the way things are going and where you might live, the leading causes of death soon will probably be drought, famine, nuclear fallout, direct radiation exposure, or nuclear disintegration, in roughly that order.

I guess bonus points if you're a plague vector for Corona Pox or whenever Chronic Wastings Disease jumps from deer to humans (don't Google that while eating your pizza burgers; or do, I'm not your Dad).

Hopefully I get my Steam Deck prior to any of those occurring in my neck of the woods.  I make do by buying linux and android based handhelds.

Edit, and there are fates worse than death, for you pizza burger aficionados... tick diseases that lead to meat allergies.

Dragon Age: Origins - Steam.

OG version of Dragon Age: Origins [base-game] has been pulled from Steam by request of EA:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/17450/Dragon_Age_Origins/

Looks like DAO Ultimate Ed is still there on Steam though, at least for now:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/47810/Dragon_Age_Origins__Ultimate_Edition/

Are they just only gonna sell DAO Ultimate?
Hmmm, could we get DAO Remaster? DAO: Legendary Edition Collection?
Ugh, now you’ve planted the seed and part of me wants to buy it on Steam and part of me wants to wait and pay 4x’s as much for a poorly done remaster … choices! 😉

But seriously, would this play on Steam Deck without Origin or other EA bs?

Ugh, now you’ve planted the seed and part of me wants to buy it on Steam and part of me wants to wait and pay 4x’s as much for a poorly done remaster … choices!

I don't have the Deck myself.

But looks like DAO from Steam with the Steam Deck works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogZL4sVgDHI

Dude doesn't like controls w/ Steam Deck for it though in above vid; he prefers KB/mouse.

Another person running DAO on Steam Deck w/ what looks to be Origin on the Deck too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_niaxu3WN8

Ugh, now you’ve planted the seed and part of me wants to buy it on Steam and part of me wants to wait and pay 4x’s as much for a poorly done remaster … choices!

Ultimate edition is still on GoG and looks like its the only version available there. I have it on GoG and the original install disc.

Ultimate edition is still on GoG and looks like its the only version available there. I have it on GoG and the original install disc.
I'm annoyed because you can get Ultimate on GoG but the digital Xbox version is completely piecemeal (and I'm not even sure you can GET all the DLC on Xbox).

bread's done
Back