Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
There is no way anyone can tell you it's 100% legit. Most people have no issues but there are no guarantees from sites like that. Although, funny enough, I guess there are because some charge extra for 'insurance.'
Like this poster said it is never a completely sure thing. But knock on wood I've never had an issue with them thus far. So hopefully you won't either and in the case that anyone does it will be resolved without incident.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadly Premonition 2 PC.

Deadly Premonition 2 for PC has been ported & released out of nowhere TODAY on Steam:

Eurogamer - https://www.eurogamer.net/deadly-premonition-2-sees-surprise-release-on-steam

IGN - https://www.ign.com/articles/deadly-premonition-2-a-blessing-in-disguise-is-now-out-on-pc-via-steam

Steam Store - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1271100/Deadly_Premonition_2_A_Blessing_in_Disguise/

Rock Paper Shotgun's Thoughts on the PC Port - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/deadly-premonition-2-is-sadly-too-bad-to-be-good

Steam-Version Trailer:

https://youtu.be/MDn820ZxPlI

Nice! I haven't played the original since it released on 360 and I wondered if they canceled the port of the sequel. As long as it runs better than what I've heard about the Switch version, I'm in.

I do wonder if there'll be mods to add KB/mouse support to DP2 (Steam).

Or if you can basically use a program like JoyToKey to emulate your controller inputs to the KB/mouse.

Bethesda / Xbox  Showcase is on-going:

https://youtu.be/QZXUBdFccyE

Notes:

-> Assume most are coming for at least PC, XBox & Cloud and are Day 1's on Game Pass, unless stated otherwise.

-> Redfall gameplay.

-> Hollow Knight: Silksong.

-> High On Life gameplay.

-> Riot Games w/ LoL, Valorant, etc etc...are going to Game Pass.

-> A Plague Tale: Requiem.

-> NEW Forza Motorsport coming in Spring 2023.

-> Microsoft Flight Simulator: 20th Anniversary coming this November.

-> Overwatch 2 will be going F2P this October.

-> ARA: History Untold from some makers of classic strategy game makers.

-> ESO: High Isle expansion...coming next week.

-> Fallout 76: The Pitt is coming this September.

-> Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels DLC coming July 19th.

-> ARK 2 coming in 2023.

-> Scorn coming this October.

-> Flintlock: Siege of Dawn coming in Early 2023.

-> Minecraft: Legends - strategy game coming in 2023.

-> Lightyear: Frontier coming in 2023.

-> Gunfire Reborn coming in October.

-> Last Cast of Benedict Fox, planned for 2023.

-> As Dusk Falls - interactive story game...coming July 19th.

-> Naraka Bladepoint.

-> Pentiment by Obsidian - looks like interactive story game?

-> Grounded - full game released this Fall.

-> Ereban: Shadow Legacy; coming in 2023.

-> Diablo 4 - Necromancer class announced; open-world; cross-play on PC/Xbox; PvP; and gameplay shown.

-> Diablo 4 - coming in 2023.

-> Sea of Thieves: Season 7 is coming.

-> Persona series is coming to Xbox; P3, P4G, and P5R.

-> Starfield gameplay footage for 15m.

Here's what's coming to Xbox for consoles, PC, and Game Pass over next 12 months:

0828c759d7600d56316d4704e912716b.jpg

Thoughts on Starfield? I felt more excitement in seeing Diablo IV gameplay than Starfield gameplay. I think Starfield built up so much hype that might be the reason why. 

Anyone got a quick summary of Bethesderp announcements?
Redfall and Starfield = NEXT YEAR.

15m gameplay footage:

https://youtu.be/zmb2FJGvnAw

Thoughts on Starfield? I felt more excitement in seeing Diablo IV gameplay than Starfield gameplay. I think Starfield built up so much hype that might be the reason why.
Looks like a bunch of stuff:

- No Man's Sky (space-stuff with 1000's of planets to explore)

- meets Fallout 3/NV/The Outer Worlds (open-world shooter/RPG)

- meets Fallout 4 (the building settlements stuff returns & crafting of equipment)

- meets space-shooter/space-sim (you can build/customize/set-up spaceships...and fly them and shoot ships in space).

Looks good, provided it hopefully isn't a buggy mess and can actually run well on PC's.

Hopefully they hired some real dialogue/character/story-writers for this one here - but, this is Bethesda and they ain't done it since Morrowind, so...I doubt that. [shrug]

Thoughts on Starfield? I felt more excitement in seeing Diablo IV gameplay than Starfield gameplay. I think Starfield built up so much hype that might be the reason why.
Looks like a bunch of stuff:

- No Man's Sky (space-stuff with 1000's of planets to explore)

- meets Fallout 3/NV/The Outer Worlds (open-world shooter/RPG)

- meets Fallout 4 (the building settlements stuff returns & crafting of equipment)

- meets space-shooter/space-sim (you can build/customize/set-up spaceships...and fly them and shoot ships in space).

Looks good, provided it hopefully isn't a buggy mess and can actually run well on PC's.

Hopefully they hired some real dialogue/character/story-writers for this one here - but, this is Bethesda and they ain't done it since Morrowind, so...I doubt that. [shrug]

It looks kind of derivative … even though it came out a few years ago, I think it’s going to get a lot of comparisons to the Outer Worlds. It didn’t feel like it had a strong design element of its own, the indoor facility portions with the pirates felt like it could be any building in Fallout 4, then they fly to the HQ space station from Mass Effect, and everything in between felt like No Man’s Sky.

Don’t get me wrong, Starfield is probably the game I’m most hyped for … but the lack of sentient alien species was a bummer (maybe they’re holding off but everyone at the space HQ seemed human). The ship customization and crew recruitment seems cool and builds on Fallout 4’s building mode.

I’m sure I’ll still buy it and become addicted to it, the exploration aspect sounds great … but I also worry that with that many planets to discover, the repetition could very easily turn into the Dwemer dungeon/No Man’s Sky every planet is slightly different effect.

The space combat seemed … ok? I’ve heard rumors they were having issues with it and it looked bad in beta … it still doesn’t look amazing.

Hopefully this will be another Skyrim or Fallout 4 where the whole of the game is greater than the sum of its parts.

not gonna lie, I kinda like Redfall's graphical direction.  It reminds me a lot of Bioshock Infinite: halfway cartoony and inviting, but yet still has lots of realism and detail, with brilliant, defined colors.

We have enough cartoony shooters like Fortnite and Overwatch.  We also have plenty of gritty, survival horror realism in Resident Evil and TLOU.  I think that I like this kind of balance between the two. 

Also, screaming or smirking teenagers in racing jerseys on Esports teams is a surefire way to make me completely disinterested in playing your game.

Starfall looked pretty cool IMHO. I did tune out when they mentioned about building up the habitat or whatever that was. I'm going play it on release and have bugs out the wazoo. Wouldn't be a Bethesda game if it didn't launch in some type of rough condition.

Ah how the mighty have fallen … Blizzard is becoming a shell of its former self.
Blizzard fell long ago.

It already fell after Diablo 2: LOD (last great Diablo game), when all of the core Blizzard North guys left & once WoW succeeded.

After all of that - Corp. Takeover happened at Blizzard and it was Game Over for Blizzard.

According to Atlus' Twitter - it's coming to PC.
See this tweet in particular (wrong date/year) and this one (corrected date/year).

P5R is coming Oct. 21st, 2022.
Yeah, but they only showed the icon for the Windows Game Store and PC game pass. They didn't show a Steam icon anywhere even though most (all?) of the other games in the presentation showed the Steam logo

Maybe they saved the other logos for other presentations (i.e. maybe they're coming to Switch too and they'll show them in a June Nintendo Direct)

Or... maybe it's just Atlus being Atlus

Blizzard fell long ago.

It already fell after Diablo 2: LOD (last great Diablo game), when all of the core Blizzard North guys left & once WoW succeeded.

After all of that - Corp. Takeover happened at Blizzard and it was Game Over for Blizzard.
I liked WC3 (though not as much as SC), but I largely agree.

Starfall looked pretty cool IMHO. I did tune out when they mentioned about building up the habitat or whatever that was. I'm going play it on release and have bugs out the wazoo. Wouldn't be a Bethesda game if it didn't launch in some type of rough condition.
They're not bugs; they're actually "features". ;)

Diablo IV:

Looks like Diablo 4 will have an in-game store & be ran as a "Game As A Service":

https://careers.blizzard.com/global/en/job/R012336/Product-Manager-Diablo-IV
I dont know, Diablo 4 with an end game like lost ark minus all the grindy Asian gatcha stuff sounds good to me. Looks like they're already partially there with the field bosses they showed. If the cash shop has skins but nothing that effects gameplay I'm ok with that. Hard to trust blizzard to not implement everything in the most predatory way possible these days though.

Yeah, but they only showed the icon for the Windows Game Store and PC game pass. They didn't show a Steam icon anywhere even though most (all?) of the other games in the presentation showed the Steam logo

Maybe they saved the other logos for other presentations (i.e. maybe they're coming to Switch too and they'll show them in a June Nintendo Direct)

Or... maybe it's just Atlus being Atlus
It's been confirmed that all three Persona are also coming to Steam. There was likely a 24 hour window or some kind of announcement agreement with Microsoft and Atlus.

bread's done
Back