Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I feel like maybe I've been duped, but out of everything MS has shown the game I'm most excited about is Scorn. A linear, single-player, atmospheric FPS with good production values that looks like an actual game and not something that's designed to waste 100 hours of my time? Feels too good to be true.

I’m fairly confident that at least 500 of the 1,000 planets will be massive, empty worlds … people will say it’s in homage to Mass Effect 1’s Mako gameplay … can’t wait 😜

More on Resident Evil 2 Remake, RE 3 Remake, and RE7.

Upgrades for RE2 R, RE3 R, and RE7 are coming.

Rumor has it - upgrades patches for RE2R, RE3R, and RE7 are due out...as soon as maybe tonight:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-ps5-xbox-series-x-s-upgrades-release/1100-6504559/

Also, Capcom's Showcase starts in 10m on most sites - like IGN, GameSpot, Youtube, etc.

PC Games N lists the planned system requirements for RE3 Remake:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/resident-evil-3/system-requirements

Last edited by a moderator:
Capcom Showcase is on-going:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBVf9CgYP6g

Notes on what games and info are shown off:
-> Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak announced & coming June 30th, 2022.
-> Street Fighter 6.
-> More classic game collections are coming - some games for Capcom Arcade Stadium; and also a Fighting Game Collection.
-> Exoprimal - coming in 2023.
-> Resident Evil: Village - Winter Pack of DLC's announced.
-> RE: Village - Gold Edition both announced for 10-28-2022.
-> Winter Pack of DLC's are coming for RE: Village, which is part of the Gold Edition.
-> Winter Pack includes Third-Person Mode DLC; More Mercenaries Mode Content DLC's; & Shadows of Rose DLC (story content in 3rd-person mode).
-> RE: RE-Verse is going online on 10-28-2022.
-> Resident Evil 4 Remake - announced for 3-24-2023. 
-> RE2R, RE3R, and RE7 Next-Gen Upgrade Patch are out tonight.

That one is in my to play demo list. So far haven't seen anything amazing. There also a badge that levels for how many demos you try. It only takes playing 1 demo to earn the badge for those not demo exploring.

Metal: Hellsinger was absolutely one of the better demos I tried tonight. Hopefully the narrator/companion isn't as annoying in the final game. Reminds me of a worse Mimir from God of War.

Frogun could be cool.

RE2R, RE3R, and RE7 - New Patch/Old Version stuff.

New patches for RE2R, RE3R, and RE7R are up.

Some fans w/ older PC's and whatnot are upset - as this new patch is forced...as new patch has caused performance to tank, games doesn't work on older OS's/systems (b/c of the new patch's new system requirements), etc etc. Those games are currently getting review-bombed and have gone down in their ratings.

So, those w/ older rigs that don't meet the new patch's requirements - you might want to back-up your OLD RE2 Remake, RE3 Remake, and/or RE7 versions.

Or you might hope someone makes downgraders - if you got stuck w/ new versions and you want the old ones back.

Or find your way into Steam Depot to get the old versions w/ something like this:

https://github.com/SteamRE/DepotDownloader

EDIT:

They should've probably did like Metro Exodus did and split old entry and new Enhanced Edition up entirely, as separate entries. Or they could've just stick old patch/version in the BETA Section of the game's Properties as an option, for Steam-users to be able to revert to the old version.

Man Capcom loading up on the remakes and sequels. Exoprimal looks to be the only title I'm not familiar with and it turns out it's some multiplayer dino game.

I love Capcom, but I want something new from them.

RE2R and RE3R - RT Patch Talk.

Checked out the Upgrade patches for Resident Evil 2 Remake and RE 3 Remake. Some thoughts.

My specs are as follows on my desktop: i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; 8gb VRAM on RTX 3070; 1TB SSD; 2TB HDD.

Performance can be a total mess, if you try to push it. The game already could eat up a lot of VRAM without RT before-hand, but it's even more demanding now if you have RT and stick that on. You're going to want likely around 12-14GB of VRAM to max these games out at every setting, even at 1080p - so yes, this is now even more of a VRAM hog than WD: Legion, for crying out loud. Unreal.

Sticking most stuff at High on 1080p with FSR On at Quality Mode - BTW, DLSS is NOT supported w/ this patch. Also threw on a 60fps lock ad turned off Shadow Cache, which those two altogether were able to stop the performance instability; roller-coaster-like & huge performance drops & rises; micro-stutters; and annoying problems of thatsort.

Of course, it ran fine w/ RT Off on my system - and for many, that still might be the way to go if you want high framerates above 60fps.

Good luck w/ this patch, for those trying to run this; especially w/ RT On.

Does anybody else remember when some guy ported Quake to the GBA? Why doesn’t the industry employ programmers who have any idea how to optimize anymore?

Redfall.

Redfall's story progression is ONLY tied to the HOST of the game, when played in Co-Op:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/redfall-story-progress-is-tied-to-the-host-when-the-game-is-played-in-co-op/

Notes:

- To advance story-wise/campaign-wise, you need be play SOLO or Be the Host of the game in Co-Op.

- Redfall's story/campaign progression is ONLY tied to the HOST of the game, when played in Co-Op.

- Players who aren't the HOST still will advance character-wise in the game when played in Co-Op, but not story-wise/campaign-wise.

- Players who are not the host of a game, they'll need to replay missions in Solo or when being the actual Host in Co-Op Mode.

RE2R and RE3R - RT Patch Talk.

Checked out the Upgrade patches for Resident Evil 2 Remake and RE 3 Remake. Some thoughts.

My specs are as follows on my desktop: i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; 8gb VRAM on RTX 3070; 1TB SSD; 2TB HDD.

Performance can be a total mess, if you try to push it. The game already could eat up a lot of VRAM without RT before-hand, but it's even more demanding now if you have RT and stick that on. You're going to want likely around 12-14GB of VRAM to max these games out at every setting, even at 1080p - so yes, this is now even more of a VRAM hog than WD: Legion, for crying out loud. Unreal.

Sticking most stuff at High on 1080p with FSR On at Quality Mode - BTW, DLSS is NOT supported w/ this patch. Also threw on a 60fps lock ad turned off Shadow Cache, which those two altogether were able to stop the performance instability; roller-coaster-like & huge performance drops & rises; micro-stutters; and annoying problems of thatsort.

Of course, it ran fine w/ RT Off on my system - and for many, that still might be the way to go if you want high framerates above 60fps.

Good luck w/ this patch, for those trying to run this; especially w/ RT On.
RT unsurprisingly has performance issues on console as well, but the issue there is that some other games have an option called "Performance RT" which sacrifices other things like resolution (usually caps you at 1080p I think), population density, reflection quality, etc to give you raytracing at a solid 60 fps. RE2 doesn't have this option, so you're kinda forced to put up with lower framerates with raytracing on, or just leave it off.

Starfield.

Some info on Starfield's main campaign, expansions, and mods:

https://www.ign.com/articles/starfield-main-quest-length-20-percent-bigger-30-40-hours

Notes:

- Starfield's main campaign/quest length is 20 percent bigger than previous Bethesda games.

- Main Quest-line is expected to be 30-40 hours.

- Todd Howard's already promising that there will be Expansions.

- Todd says the Modding Community will see this game as a Modder's Dream.

Steam says I have played 59 demos... I am on vacation this week, part at home, part not at home.  Thus, no more demos for me (sad, still no Steam Deck... Q2 Gang...)

Anyway, once again, here's my one line reviews for all my demos.  I made green the ones I wishlisted. If its in red, stay away.

Sea Horizon: Neat, but unfinished. (WL)
Brotato: Abosulutely Great (WL)
Say No! More: Novelty, I'd get it in a bundle
Run Build Pew: Sound concept, but seems too rough
Illuminaria: Wasn't expecting a puzzle game
Frogmonster: Wonky FPS pixel shooter, no thanks
Far Away From Home: FFT-like RPG, my kinda thing (WL)
dotAGE: Too tedious, but has a quirky humor
DeathrunTV: Bad SmashTV roguelike, IMO. Looks bad.
Cult of the Lamb: This is going to be fun, looking forward to this! (WL)
Anger Foot: Memes-like aesthetic meets Hotline Miami in an FPS
Rogue Soulstone: Absolutely addiciton, played 5 hours already (WL)
Power Chord: Certainly going for the "Jack Black" style metal theme for a deckbuilder... no thanks, but not bad
Nightmare Reaper: Amazing FPS looter shooter, MoORE! (WL)
APICO: Cute, but too tedious
Battle Barn Tactics: Lolno...
Apocalyptic Vibes: these vibes are not good
Cultic: Rad boomershooter
Above Snakes: A unique take on survival, I want to play more
Bore Dome: Surreal
Brightseeker: Stiff and fiddly Hades-clone
Earth's Shadow: Has heart, but its probably not shaping up too well...
Ex Natura: OH GOD NO MAKE IT STOP (ALT+F4)
Ghost Song: A quiet Metroidvania, I like it. (WL)
Glimmer in Mirror: Cusp of something good, Ori vibes (WL)
Gross: Gross, the good kind (WL)
Impaler: Jank boomer shooter
Isle of Arrows: It's kinda like a deckbuilder, city planner, tower defense. I like it!
Loopmancer: Chinese Hades-Metroivania with a story, I like it! (WL)
Midnight Fight Express: Great beat 'em up (WL)
Metal:Hellsing: A++++++++++
Monsters Loot Swag: What the christ... no...
Moonscars: Great setting, great animation, great gampeplay (WL)
Misanthropic Girl: A mess
Mortal Sin: Glutton for punishment
Nitro Kid: Fight in tight spaces, but maybe too fiddly?
One More Gate: I would say an amazing Chinese deckbuilder with a great artstyle! (WL)
Other War: Bullet Hell Tower Defense, Okay! (WL)
The Outbound Ghost: More Paper Mario, Bug Fables, neat! (WL)
Overrogue: Kemco RPGs... sigh... :/
Ozark: Tactical 2.5D third person shooter? uhh.. no?
Perish: Grimdark First Person Roguelike... nice. (WL)
Remedium: Diablo-like, kind of.... but one pit = one kill, back to title screen. Nope.
Rifle Effect: Korean. Interested Isometric/Third Person hybrid, but nah
Ripout: Deadspace co-op roguelike... kinda janky
Road Defense: Outsiders: Twin stick tower defense shooter, was fun (WL)
Beneath Oresa: Great looking deckbuilder, I liked it (WL)
Blankspace: ... on my harddrive, where it was!
Deadlink: Not feeling this one, not bad though?
Cursed to Golf: Aracde golf meets roguelike? Nice! (WL)
Fabular: Fabulous! But not my thing.
Grim Horde: Rather play Vampire Survivors
Grindstone: YES PLEASE (WL)
Hands of the Necromancer: Doom mod, at best :/
Kingdom Gun: Risk of Rain with memes
Necrosmith: Interesting concept, but not really fun
Outnumbered: Not fun
Selaco: Doom WAD that feels like a full game
Shred & Tear: Tits bad
Super Bullet Break: KAWAII DESU!!! But seriously, dunno...
Tarnishing of Juxtia: Tedious 2D souls clone
There is no Light: Great world building, but level design is tedious
Toy Tactics: Cute reverse tower defense, would get on a sale. (WL)
Trepang2: Y'all like FEAR? Cause its FEAR.
Tyrants Blessing: Fantasy Into the Breach, it's fun
Untamed Tactics: It's Furry Fantasty Tactics,... no thanks.
Walk Hero: Idle-lite Rogue-like, Loop Hero? (WL)
We Who Are About to Die: fuck yea. (WL)
Word Can Kill: Snore
Xel: Its 2D Zelda like
Zombie Groove: No
Celestial Project: I like it, but way too hard.
Wrestlequest: Macho Man RPG.

For the record, I have like 700+ games on my wishlist; I curate it after every Next Fest.  If a game isn't something 100% my thing (like a Warhammer 40k game...), it has to be "Positive" or greater.  "Mostly Positive" or below games get pruned.  A few others of the "what was I thinking" variety get pruned.  Then I just wait for a sale to grab them.

I may not wait for a sale on Metal: Hellsinger... so rad.

Excellent. Capcom quickly responded to the problem for older hardware users and those that run RT poorly and did it properly. Kudos to them.

Fair point, Syntax.

They should've stuck the Old-Version right into the BETA section before dropping the NEW RT Patch in the 1st place.

Though, they did react fast compared to most companies w/ their own stupidity w/ forcing RT-patch on everyone - so, there is that.

They could've just done nothing, which would be even worse of course - like say Rockstar has done w/ newer patches for Classic versions of GTA 3, SA, VC; GTA4: Complete Ed.; etc etc some time ago on Steam. Rockstar NEVER made old patches available in BETA, after most complained of the HD "Upgrade" and/or Music Removal patches. Most users likely have to downgrade these GTA Classics just to get certain mods, fixes, and old-saves even working...and/or to get away from the additional Rockstar Launcher addition inclusion/"upgrade".

At least w/ the problem that they (Capcom) introduced, they listened to the community, solved it and did it fast.

EDIT - They probably didn't like all that review-bombing and hurting the very high scores of all 3 of those titles either.

Played through the first three levels of the TMNT story mode and yeah, it's a Turtles beat em up alright. Modernized somewhat to include things like leveling up and objectives and there's a little more depth to the gameplay (dodging, grabbing, reviving), but at its core there's a simplicity to it that is exactly what I want out of this kind of game.

The only real negative I can think of is that James Avery isn't around to voice Shredder. Even if they had just ripped audio clips of his from the cartoon and inserted them into the cut scenes, that would've been an improvement.

What'd they do, get Jim Cummings instead? They did this for the Nickelodeon Smash Bros. clone. He's done a lot of voice work over a long span of time, but recent revelations about him as a person dampen my enthusiasm for his performances. It's like, "Oh, the guy who plays Darkwing Duck is a douchebag! Pity."

Speaking of mismatched voice actors, Garfield is played by Frank Welker in the Smash clone, and to say that it bothers me would be an understatement. That's not his voice, dammit! He sounds the way store brand Pop-Tarts taste... cheap and wrong!

What'd they do, get Jim Cummings instead? They did this for the Nickelodeon Smash Bros. clone. He's done a lot of voice work over a long span of time, but recent revelations about him as a person dampen my enthusiasm for his performances. It's like, "Oh, the guy who plays Darkwing Duck is a douchebag! Pity."
IMDB says it's Kevin Michael Richardson, who did the voice on the TMNT show that ran from 2012-2017. All the turtles are voiced by their actors from the original cartoon.

Also (late game boss spoiler):

They got the original Krang voice actor and it was wonderful.

I like KMR well enough; he's done a crapton of work, and he's got good range. However, I don't think he's always the best fit for the roles he plays. For instance, he played Barney Rubble in one of the Flintstones animated movies, and it was just kind of weird.

Also got a Dragon's Dogma II announcement. Maybe for this one they'll make the combat good and traversal less tedious.

Lol they didn't even bother putting the Crisis Core remake on the Epic store. Wonder how much money Epic burned for a measly 6 months of exclusivity, and how nonexistent Square's PC game sales and publicity have been because of Epic store exclusivity. Barely anyone even knows that the Kingdom Hearts games are on PC

Also got a Dragon's Dogma II announcement. Maybe for this one they'll make the combat good and traversal less tedious.
I was happy to see this. I didn't love the characters, soundtrack, world design, or reloading for random treasure loot in DD:DA. But I did really enjoy the combat when I played around the time Dark Arisen first released. Some of my favorite combat in any arpg, actually. But it might vary by class choice. I played ranger.

bread's done
Back