Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I was happy to see this. I didn't love the characters, soundtrack, world design, or reloading for random treasure loot in DD:DA. But I did really enjoy the combat when I played around the time Dark Arisen first released. Some of my favorite arpg combat ever, actually. But it might vary by class choice. I played ranger.
I think I played this around the time I played Dark Souls for the first time, so that likely influenced my opinion a bit. I see a lot of people swear by the combat so like you said, it's probably class-dependent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty nearly every class is fun to play once you get used to the mechanics, though some are more immediately fun than others, and Warrior stands out as being kinda... meh compared to the rest. Warrior's really all about lining up big hits and opportunistically going for it, and has very little else. Fighter and Mystic Knight are all about countering, Strider and Assassin are about climbing and flexible combat styles, Ranger is about outputting stupid DPS at a distance, Mage is support and debuff with some decent offensive spells, Sorcerer is all about the huge cinematic spells, and Magick Archer is just... everything. Light yourself on fire and hug a monster to death, ricochet shot in tight passages, just... do all the dumbass things, it's absurd fun.

If you have a Gold XP account at Green Man Gaming there might be an additional coupon for Final Fantasy VII there.  For me it was 20% off, so it dropped the game price to $39.75.

The msrp is $70 but the launch discount has it at $50. There are further discounts (already) via gmg, which bring it down to ~$40. This title is going to drop fast. Going to wait on this one.

Here some of my gmg discount codes if anyone wants to buy at $40.
#Y83628-20B5I3-H*PR5N
#Y83628-Q5TKE3-6KYG*A
#Y83628-82J*4J-AOXRPG
#Y83628-8O*2AA-2U2QV*

* = first letter of the former(?) profession of MysterD's mother.

GameStop.

Saw this listed at GameStop of all places.

Lenovo Ideapad - i5 11300H; GTX 1650 4gb VRAM; 8 GB RAM; 120hz IPS screen = $500 (before tax).

Link - https://www.gamestop.com/pc-gaming/laptop-pc-hardware/products/lenovo-ideapad-3i-15.6-in-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-11300h-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-8gb-ram-256gb-ssd-120hz-fhd-ips-display-82k100lnus/326013.html

More details on upgrade talk in this thread on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/ve05t5/laptop_lenovo_ideapad_3i_laptop_156_fhd_120hz_ips/

RTings Review - https://www.rtings.com/laptop/reviews/lenovo/ideapad-gaming-3i-2021

Looks like there's at least one more slot for SSD/HDD; and one open slot for more RAM.

I know, VRAM count's low (only 4GB) and No DLSS/RTX support - still cheap for the $ though, provided you want to buy parts to upgrade it and/or got parts laying around (like SSD or more RAM).

The msrp is $70 but the launch discount has it at $50. There are further discounts (already) via gmg, which bring it down to ~$40. This title is going to drop fast. Going to wait on this one.

Here some of my gmg discount codes if anyone wants to buy at $40.
#Y83628-20B5I3-H*PR5N
#Y83628-Q5TKE3-6KYG*A
#Y83628-82J*4J-AOXRPG
#Y83628-8O*2AA-2U2QV*

* = first letter of the former(?) profession of MysterD's mother.
Final Fantasy games don't drop much more than 50% off on steam. Still, the msrp is dumb for this one.. and it's still got the same shitty port issues as the epic version so I wouldn't pay $40. PS5 version went as low as $20 which is when I bought it

Here is my so far impressions of 54 Steam Fest demos. I have possibly 80 more in the queue, but I'm likely to go through about half of those trying to give them 5 minutes each at least, unless it sucks, or I have an idea of the game by then. I feel this Steam fest is more quantity over quality, but a few games have impressed. In this set they are

- Alterium Shift - A very decent indie RPG

- Backfirewall - A quirky adventure game about an OS and other parts of a program

- Beneath Oresa - A deckbuilder with great graphics and cool combo based gameplay

- The Cub - An excellent speed running type game, with a lil quirky controls at time, but excellent graphics, music and atmosphere reminding me of the early Odd World games

- Extra Coin - A beautiful looking adventure game about what happens after an event happens in a young girls life. I really thought this felt original and was high quality.

There are others decent enough that I rated a 7 (good in my book) or better, but I'm highlighting these ones.

Absolute Tactics: Daughters of Mercy - 35 minutes completed demo first level. This one is a turn based strategy game similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. It played decently well and had some strategy. The AI was aggressive and not totally stupid. The graphics and sounds were pretty good. Overall it may not be the best turn based strategy game, but it’s solid enough to be played from a bundle or on sale. 7/10

Aces and Adventures - 21 minutes completed 1 run through. This one is an interesting deck building card game using an actual pack of cards. Depending on poker hands this can get you better attacks and defenses. There are also abilities that use specific cards and other general abilities that are out always that you can use. It was interesting and the graphics and sound are pretty solid. The narration isn’t bad, and it overall feels polished. I’m just not sure the making poker hands thing is that amazing. Nonetheless it’s very solid and I would pick up cheaper or in a bundle. 7/10

Agent 64: Spies Never Die - 9 minutes completed 1 level demo. This is a FPS homage to Goldeneye 64. It looks a lot like it and sounds like it. The mission felt extremely generic. The shooting with the auto aim was OK, but the precise shooting achieved with the right click was slow and hard to aim. It felt much slower than the original games. Overall it could be a nice FPS game in a low value bundle later, but it felt a little lame. I know it’s an alpha, but I still didn’t enjoy it much. 6/10

Akurra - 5 minutes. This one is kind of a Legend of Zelda like game, but it has a lot of those block pushing puzzles similar to those puzzle games. The graphics were nice and the controls were OK enough but a little floaty for movement. I liked the music and the sounds were OK. I just really am a not a fan of sokoban games. 6/10

Alchemical INC. - Really weird card based auto attack beginning of turn battler game. Some weird but not terrible graphics here. The gameplay is a bit strange, but not terrible. Felt pretty repetitive. Overall played OK, but I would only get bundled. 6/10

Alterium Shift - 30 minutes completed demo. This one is an old school almost HD 2D graphics RPG in a really nice world. The game was challenging and played in a simpler turn based way. The music was solid. The graphics for effects and character art is a little less impressive, but still alright. The story seemed pretty solid and it seems like it will be a good adventure overall. 8/10

Angerfoot - 33 minutes. Pretty interesting first person Hotline Miami kicking and shooting game. Plays alright although it can be hard to control at times and the bullets are weird too. Decent game. 7/10

Anglerfish - 8 minutes. Weird horror game with some OK music and alright graphics. The controls stink and it’s a survival horror game trying to escape a bar. I didn’t like this one much at all. 5/10

Antioch : Scarlet Bay - 6 minutes. This one feels ported from mobile and is a detective noir adventure game I suppose you co-op with someone. You can do solo, but it warns you. You need to sign up for something, so that’s a little bit of a red flag. The music was pretty good. The graphics were alright but felt phone screen sized. Overall it needs polish, but there might be an okay story here with multiple endings. 6/10

Apocalyptic Vibes - 5 minutes. This one is post apocalyptic world where you go around a place doom style. I really didn’t like this. It felt really bland and was hard to see. It didn’t control amazingly either. 5/10

Arto - 2 minutes. This is some artsy game about a girl who lost her color or something. It was supposed to be an action game I think going around. Controls just OK with the keyboard. It explained nothing and I knew nothing. 4/10

Berserk Boy - 15 minutes. This is 2D run and gun similar to Mega Man and the attacks are more charges. These also help in movement. This one had pretty decent art, some kind of annoying music and relatively controlled well. It was just a bit uninspired, but this one wouldn’t be too bad in a bundle. Nothing too amazing. 6.5/10

Ash of Gods: The Way - 6 minutes. This one is a somewhat auto mover lane card game turn based thing. I’m not 100% sure if it’s similar in gameplay to the previous game, but it’s in the same series. Overall decent voice overs, okay graphics and okay gameplay lead to this being pretty average. 6/10

Backfirewall_ - 23 minutes completed demo. This one is a quirky adventure game in first person where you play something messing with an OS and doing things. It’s pretty neat and seemed like it could be a clever adventure. The graphics are nice as well as the music and atmosphere. The voice acting is solid as well. Easily would be a good game to get bundled. 7.5/10

Backrooms Exploration - 10 minutes. This is a blurry walking sim puzzle game where you transverse the areas of the backrooms. It’s weird and eerie but controls relatively badly, looks kind of horrible and just was annoying. I feel through the roof too killing me. 5/10

Beneath Oresa - 45 minutes beat twice. This one is a neat fighting rogue-lite deckbuilding fighting game. There is some maneuvering with cards and the art is slick and neat. I really liked this one and will easily support it. It wasn’t crazy hard for the first floor the second try, but it was neat. The partner thing is a little undercooked, but it’s alright. 8/10

Bloodhound - 5 minutes. Arena FPS in hellish landscapes. This one has some OK sounding heavy metal. It felt super unpolished and I just felt Painkiller was better. The turning and movement felt a bit weird and got me a bit woozy. Not to my liking. 5/10

Boxville - 23 minutes completed demo. This one is a nicely animated and looking adventure game where you play a rusty can. There were some puzzles and overall it wasn’t too bad. I’m not sure I’d buy it outside a sale, but its worth it bundled. 6.5/10

Brightseeker - 8 minutes. This one is kind of like Hades in some cybernetic area. The controls feel a bit floaty and imprecise. I thought the graphics were nice but some things like activating the shield to deflect were very hard to time. This one with improvements can be good. 5.5/10

BROK the InvestiGator - Prologue - 60 minutes. Decent adventure game with horrible, horrible fighting ala Final Fight. This one has good voice acting and decent graphics. Overall nothing amazing, but I’d play without the action on. It’s action sequences are terrible. 6/10

Broken Pieces - 69 minutes. This one kind of reminds me of moving around in the old Resident Evil or Silent Hill games. You have to figure out a mystery and it’s kind of alright. The graphics are decent. The music is cool from the tapes. Sounds very indie. There is quite a bit of potential, although the fighting is near terrible. 6/10

Buccaneers: Shipshape - 6 minutes. Really basic move to the right beat em up game with Pirates. The graphics and sound were not too amazing, but passable. The controls once configured were all right. This would be something I wouldn’t mind in an Indiegala bundle, but I wouldn’t buy it. 5/10

Cats and the Other Lives - 21 minutes. This one is an adventure game where you play a cat. It is draw OK and does feel like you’re controlling a cat. The story and slowness of conversations (without voice) need to be adjustable and faster. I thought the story was OK about a family with a loss, but nothing I’d pick up. Only bundled for this one. 5.5/10

Clem - 4 minutes. Adventure about a little cloth guy. Not too exciting and a little open ended and confusing. 5/10

The Courier - 29 minutes. A somewhat cozy good looking open world game about a person coming back from studies to spend time on the island. Not much going on. The controls are a bit wonky at times with the Xbox series X controller. Just some fetch quests and riding around your bike on an island. Very glitch at times with the physics. 6/10

Cricket: Jae's Really Peculiar Game - An OK RPG game about a young guy with a cape and his friends doing stuff. Nothing particularly exciting. The game had OK graphics and sounds hampered by a Mario & Luigi battle timing thing that didn’t seem as accurate to me. Overall would be a decent bundle game, but I wouldn’t buy it. 5.5/10

The Cub - 18 minutes completed demo. This is a 2D almost speed running platformer where you play a kid raised by wolves after calamity strikes earth. People from Mars comeback to the dilapidated planet and are coming after you. This has excellent graphics, atmosphere, music and noise. The controls are not bad, but a little clunky mainly for pushing/pulling. I died a whole lot. It reminded me of Oddworld Abe’s Odyssey (the first one), where it had platforming and all in a weird world and they wanted you dead there too. One of the better ones to play. 8/10

Cult of the Lamb - 15 minutes completed demo. This one had great graphics and played kind of like an arena Binding of Isaac mixed with old school Legend of Zelda. The atmosphere was great as well. Very polished overall although the controls with Series X controller were a bit clunky mainly for dodging and timing of attacks, but especially dodging. I think this one will be on Gamepass, and it will be worth a play then. Otherwise was just alright. 7/10

Cultic - 10 minutes. You can tell this was trying to be inspired by Blood or something. Graphics were okay. This is an FPS and a pretty average one at that. Overall I killed some cultists, died and was done for now. Would only get bundled. 6/10

Curse Crackers: For Whom the Belle Toils - 7 minutes. A pretty standard somewhat basic looking 2D platformer with decent music, annoying sound effects and just OK platforming. Would only get in a bundle, but it wasn’t terrible. 6/10

Cursed to Golf - 31 minutes. This one is a 2D golfing game with power ups, cards, different hazards and other things. It looks and sounds well enough. It plays OK, but can be a bit hard to judge where shots will land without trying it and cancelling. It seems like a good one to get it a bundle, but it’s not for me. 6.5/10

Daydream: Forgotten Sorrow - 6 minutes. Kind of like little nightmares except you play a girl and her teddy bear. It had pretty decent graphics and OK platforming. When I had to pick up the bear and throw him to get higher places I noped quickly. It was frustrating and should have just have had a carry and be able to jump with more weight and all. 5.5/10

Diluvian Ultra - 7 minutes. Just not a fun FPS set in hell I’m guessing since your guy came back to life. Really confusing and muddy graphics, average controls and the story and explanations were just kind of meh. Felt like it tried to be Hexen. 5/10

Dire Destiny: Time Travel - 43 minutes. Okay deck building game with decent graphics. Its biggest flaws are the way too big level with too many enemy encounters. The battles are also a bit uninspired and with every level up you get abilities which become numerous. Also had it where the enemy had some card that infinited where if he gained an action he would draw a card and be dealt damage, but he also gained shield from some other ability. It just kept going forever with the same stupid ability. Just a bit unpolished for my liking. 6/10

Elsie - 21 minutes. This one is rogue-lite Mega Man inspired 2D platformer run and gun. It has the horrible thing where if you die in a level you restart it without anything. Really brings down the score. Other than that the controls were pretty spot on with a Series X controller. Only the parrying felt weird. Overall nothing amazing, but it had a good soundtrack, decent graphics and would be a good bundle game. 6.5/10.

Extra Case: My Girlfriend's Secrets. This one is 2D RPGMaker looking adventure game about a girlfriend you don’t know much about. It’s kind of weird, but would be alright bundled. Decent music for the game. 6/10

Extra Coin - 14 minutes finished demo. This one is a cyber punk feels dystopian 2D adventure game. You play a young girl who has to enter the virtual world after an event in her life. She will then look for her lost mom and dad. I loved the music, the graphics were excellent and seemed nicely pixellated. The atmosphere was cool and I loved the voice acting. Overall too short a demo, and I wanted to play more. 8/10

Eyes in the Dark - 26 minutes finished demo. This one had excellent art. It was black and white and inspired by silent movies and horror. This one didn’t control amazingly with the Series X controller. This one is a rogue-lite Metroidvania type exploring a mansion getting upgrades for you flashlight, which is your main weapon. It’s hard to control shining and doing other things like jumping and dashing. Overall it felt polished, but I wasn’t crazy about it. 7/10

Falling Out - 5 minutes. This one is 2D can be single player but should be played co-op kind of Spelunky like game. You play as a couple and have moves using each other. It had nice art, though didn’t control super amazingly on the keyboard. It was alright, although single player was a major drag. 6/10

Fashion Police Squad - 15 minutes. Really decent arena FPS shooter about a guy who is the fashion police and shooting up some bad fashion sensed people. One of the better FPS I’ve played during the event. Gets a little repetitive, but overall would play it bundled. 7/10

Force Reboot - 1 minute. Another fast FPS running shooter thing. I think Angerfoot is better from this event, and I didn’t like the shooting, sound effects or just the general feel of it. It all felt really floaty and the shooting didn’t feel good. 5/10

Fore Tales - 63 minutes. This one is a well illustrated card based adventure game. You go on missions and depending on abilities you have different outcomes come up. You need to rest to get them back and fights aren’t always good. Weird and quite hard at times, but with neat ideas. 7/10

Frank and Drake - 5 minutes. Cool art style, adventure game, but I couldn’t get out of a journal. It seemed OK, but yeah some control explanations would have been helpful. Otherwise decent music and a very unique art style. 5/10

Frogun - 5 minutes. This one is a cute 3D platformer where you mainly get around with a frogun which has a tongue that sticks to walls. It’s cute with alright graphics, not too amazing music and okay sounds. Overall the camera hurts it the most with some horrible angles. This reminds me most of Captain Toad except you can jump. Alright, but would only likely get bundled. 7/10

Furquest - 30 minutes finished demo. This one is like a homage to Undertale and has similar graphics and also some quirky characters. Fights are done WarioWare style. It has decent controls, good graphics and pretty good music. Overall it was pretty good, although I would probably wait for a bundle. 6.5/10

Homemade TCG - 1 minute. Some Yu-Gi-Oh inspired whatever. No instructions, horrendous graphics and blurry text equaled an immediate nope. 1/10

The Misanthropic Girl - 13 minutes completed demo. This is a somewhat rough open world anime aesthetic action game. It has a weird hazy graphics. This game was very rough in the combat and normal controls. It has potential, but needs quite a bit of work. 5.5/10

Misc. A Tiny Tale - 3 minutes. This one is about a robot looking for adventure outside his village. Good graphics and a decent narration. The controls are terrible though and the camera is nauseating. This could be such high quality, but it needs to fix the basics first. I could barely move around. 5/10

Outcore: Desktop Adventure - 10 minutes. This one is a weird desktop adventure game using your desktop and files the game creates to interact with the girl in the game. It was super picky about drawing a star and I lost patience quickly. A neat idea, but would be better to have in game tools and not be as picky about badly drawn stars. 5/10

Overrouge - 5 minutes. Not optimized at all for bigger screens Kemco deck building RPG. This one was pretty bad. The graphics were basic as well as the story. The gameplay is raw too and didn’t feel great. Only would play bundled. 5/10

Panic Porcupine - 3 minutes. 2D platformer ala Sonic mainly controlling like Sonic 1. This one you can tell was made for smaller screens. The graphics are a bit blurry on a big wide screen. Also the graphic movement when moving hurts the eyes a bit. The controls are a tiny bit floaty, but not terrible. Overall just very average. 5.5/10

Paper Trail - 66 minutes beat demo. This one is a unique puzzle game where you fold pages of the screen to make paths and such. It can be confusing at times. I liked the graphics and found it unique, but it wasn’t a game for me. 6.5/10

Paper Trails - 22 minutes beat demo. This one is a detective game similar to the Ace Attorney games. There isn’t as much comedy, but the graphics are quite good. The game played OK although I wasn’t as good with the clues. Still has some potential. Music could use some improvement though. 6.5/10

Rainboy - 3 minutes. 2D platformer with extremely floaty and weird controls with the Series X controller. Had pretty good graphics. I didn’t feel the precision so I stopped playing this one. 5/10

Shikon-X Astro Defense Fortress - 8 minutes. This one is a point and click adventure but I could only access pinball, and it wasn’t very good. Could be cool, but the mini games for what I played weren’t great. 5.5/10

So, who can share their experiences with W11? I've upgraded enough components to be allowed within Microsoft's super elite circle of upgrade eligibility, but am hesitant to do so unless peer pressure says all the cool kids are doing it.

Alice: Madness Returns has been delisted for sale from Steam again, at the publisher's request (EA):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/19680/Alice_Madness_Returns/
jpZNywq.png

So, who can share their experiences with W11? I've upgraded enough components to be allowed within Microsoft's super elite circle of upgrade eligibility, but am hesitant to do so unless peer pressure says all the cool kids are doing it.
The same kids are doing it that did Windows 8 and ME.

Honestly, I did it on my laptop during on of my "refreshes" (I format it, restore it to factory, then refresh every year or two).  During the last one it did Windows 11 update.  I don't care for it.  I'm not sure I care for it.  A couple of new changes that are good, but most every other window that pops up is wrong and needs me to fix it somehow.  

Wait until 2025 when they stop support for win10.

Another set of Steam Nextfest demo impressions. This set of 36 demos had a lot of better games in it. This one has my favorite of the games so far (Last Time I Saw You). My recommendations from this list are:

- Hush Hush - Only Your Love Can Save Them - A pretty fun and polished likely fast playing visual novel dating strategy game. You can improve skills, the graphics are nice, everyone is voiced, and it's decent quality. It has adult scenes but felt like summer, which is nice.

- Hyper Gunsport - A likely co-op sports type game where one person plays a defender and the other a striker with a gun in a volleyball like game. Some say it's similar to Lethal League, but I haven't played that one yet. The AI needs some improvement, but the game is pretty decent.

- Last Time I Saw You - Kind of a walking simulator in a 2D rural Asian village, where you live the days of a kid who has reoccurring dreams of a girl he doesn't remember about. This was gorgeous, seemed unique, had a great setting, and really did feel like rural living. This one if the story hits will be special.

- Loopmancer - This is a 2D action platformer game that is a rogue-lite game, but is lots of fun and reminds me of a Cyberpunk 2077 setting with the main character reminding me of Sleeping dogs main character. Seemed polished and just a lot of fun. Quite challenging too.

- Lost in Play - One of the more beautifully animated adventure games was very whimsical and had great child characters. Just fun overall.

- Lupin - One of the better pure 2D platforming games I tried. You are a rabbit and going around a somewhat open world looking for I'm not sure what yet. Seemed high quality and controlled pretty well.

- The Many Pieces of Mr. Coo - Surreal absurdist adventure game art movie piece thing. It's hard to explain, but it's the most unique game I played during the fest so far. Really cool and excellent animation and sound design.

- Metal: Hellsinger - This one has been receiving praise everywhere. It's an arena FPS with rocking heavy metal, great rhythm gameplay, decent graphics, good controls and reminds me a lot of Doom 2016. Just a very solid game overall.

- Monorail Stories - Very quick demo about people in a monorail. I liked the feeling and art, but was hard to tell if it could be good. I like the simpler stories sometimes, and this may deliver.

I probably have about 20 more demos on deck today for at least 5 minutes each (or until I get a feeling of the quality or such of it), so look forward to that. Also happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there and all the fathers that have been that are no longer here.

Ghost Song - 8 minutes. This one is a decently polished somewhat Metroidvania game about being on a remote planet with hostiles. It is pretty polished although the action could feel a bit better. Died and was sent back too far, so I quit it. 6.5/10

Glitched - 7 minutes. This one is an RPG inspired by Earthbound with weird stuff and similar graphics. It was okay but crashed (probably intentional, but should be a fake crash in game). After that graphics were really messed up and looked bad. Once the first battle started, I already didn’t like the battle system. Needs polish for sure, but has an original idea. 5.5/10

Goodbye World - 3 minutes. Probably an adventure game with mini games. First was a Gameboy inspired mini game where you break blocks and have to put them up for puzzles. I didn’t like this, but the music and visuals were nice. 6/10

Graduate - 6 minutes. A bit rough 2D adventure game about a guy visiting someone to get away from things. The translation and typesetting are really rough. The graphics are okay with decent models, with no faces. The Series X controller settings were broken too. Overall could be a nice village living sim thing, but right now it’s not amazing. 5.5/10

Hands of Necromancy - 3 minutes. An FPS inspired by Heretic. This one had bouncy controls and way too small enemies. It seemed average enough, but I wasn’t crazy enjoying it. Graphics were decent. 5/10

Harmony’s Oddysey - 7 minutes. A basic somewhat cute looking puzzle game where you mix up and fix dioramas and also have spot the differences games in a somewhat 2.5D world. It’s alright, but nothing I would buy. In a bundle it’s fine. 6/10

Hauma - 14 minutes I think completed demo as it crashed. This one is a visual novel about someone getting revenge after being assaulted being a former police officer. She then goes to a special night with a cult or something. Interesting visuals although the detective gameplay isn’t amazing so far. Not the best written script either. Still very playable. 6/10

Hush Hush - Only Your Love Can Save Them - 63 minutes completed demo (I ate breakfast so this is more likely 30 minutes). This one is a visual novel dating sim where you make conversations, make choices, go places and raise stats. I liked the voice acting enough, the graphics were decent and I had fun. I would gladly buy this to support them. Supposedly they all have dark secrets on this island place you won a vacation to. 7.5/10

Hyper Gunsport - 23 minutes finished demo. 2D can be played solo likely better co-op sports shooting gun at ball to get in goal game. Really nice graphics and music with some decent sounds. Sometimes the computer AI can be a little dumb, as I was able to do well, but it works great with a Series X controller. Overall decent and would get bundled. 7.5/10

Impaler - 2 minutes. This one is a very simple arena based shooter FPS. Your gun has unlimited ammo but can overheat. Also you have a spike launcher than can impale enemies. It was OK, but I felt it had some polish, although the budget isn’t high. I would still play it from a bundle as it controlled well enough. Just was a bit basic. 6.5/10

Jerry Wanker and the Quest to get Laid - 38 minutes demo completed. This one is an adult based adventure game based on Leisure Suit Larry. This one was alright and had OK art although it was weird. It had a very slow person, and the main point of the game is to get laid. I had some fun, but it was rough. Still worth a check out. 6/10

Kaichu - The Kaiju Dating Sim - 6 minutes. This one is kind of a visual novel where you play a kaiju and go on dates. You give responses and it could make the date go bad or good. The graphics are cute, as it the music, but this wasn’t for me. I preferred Hush Hush in this same fest, but it would be okay in a cheap bundle. 6/10

Kingdom Gun - 7 minutes. This one is similar to like the original Risk of Rain, although nowhere near as good. Honestly it was directionless and the controls felt very funky. It felt okay, but nothing special. Graphics were alright. 6/10

Koncolos - 16 minutes completed the demo. This one was alright. You play a kind of unlikable bartender in a visual novel and stuff happens and you read comics. The perspective is interesting and maybe the story is, but the main character wasn’t great. Still would check it out cheaply. 6.5/10

KreatureKind - 4 minutes completed a few battles. This is a friendly deck builder game ala Slay the Spire except you’re healing others instead of hurting. Some lame memes and okay music make this seem like a good beginner type of this game. 6.5/10

Kulebra and the Souls of Limbo - 10 minutes. This one is a 3D world adventure game where you play Kulebra and go through limbo and help people and such. The graphics are similar to Demon’s Turf (2D on a 3D plane). Overall it seemed OK. Did a mission or two. The rolling around the landscape controlled OK, but not amazingly on the Series X controller. 7/10

Last Time I Saw You - 20 minutes completed demo. This one is 2D platformer adventure game taking place in a rural Asian village. It plays a bit like a walking sim, but on a 2D area. This has gorgeous graphics and animation, good sound design and music and seemed interesting. I’m sure this will be worth playing. 9/10

The Last Worker - 20 minutes. This one is a first person robot crane thing going around about the last worker in a factory. It had good voice acting, but was a bit clunky. I wasn’t having too much fun, but would pick up bundled. 6/10

Level 1 Me & The Final Dungeon - 6 minutes. WTF is this. I’m assuming it’s a mining rogue-lite or something. The paper asthetics like Paper Mario are OK, but this made no sense. It was not feeling like good gameplay clicking on squares with numbers around it I’m assuming saying how many diamonds are there. 5/10

Life Gallery - 15 minutes completed demo. WTF is this. A surreal simple puzzler game with quite weird art including a cyclopean kid and his life I guess. So weird. I would likely only get bundled. 6/10

A Little to the Left - 8 minutes. OCD the game. Pretty much take whatever is shown and clean it up to be arranged properly. I didn’t like Unpacking and I don’t like this. Some people like it, but I’m just of the it’s OK variety. Alright graphics and music. 6/10

Loopmancer - 51 minutes beat demo. I ran through the first level twice cause it was fun. This kind of reminds of Sleeping Dogs in a 2D plane where you run/gun/jump/fight to beat up people. It is clean on the Series X controller, sounds and look cool, and is just quality. A very decent demo. 8/10

Lost in Play - 28 minutes. This one is a very well animated adventure game with a great soundtrack, okay enough puzzles and a whimsical childish fun feeling to it. I quite liked it. 7.5/10

Lupin - 12 minutes. This one is a 2D platformer about a rabbit and his friends and mankind or some other rabbit took over some park and there is some precision platforming. It feels open world and looks great. Wish it had voices. Still solid and controls excellently with the Series X controller. 7.5/10

Manafinder - 17 minutes. This one seems like an RPGMaker game about an exile being thrown out a city. It seems pretty solid, had better than usual graphics and an okay story so far. I would play from a bundle. 7/10

The Many Pieces of Mr. Coo - 6 minutes completed demo. WTF. This is a surreal adventure game with Mr. Coo and absurdist pieces. Great animation and music. Very, very artsy and felt like a movie more than a game. 8/10

Master Key - 3 minutes. This one is a very old school feeling and looking similar to Links Awakening from the Gameboy. It was alright, but nothing I really wanted to try. It controlled okay and could be good. 6/10

Melatonin - 5 minutes. Pretty snazzy rhythm game with dreamscapes and pretty nice graphics. Music is also alright. A bit tricky as you have to follow the animation of said things in the song to do well. Overall a decent enough game, but probably one I’d only get bundled or very cheap. 6.5/10

Metal: Hellsinger - 21 minutes beat demo. That was fun FPS arena type rhythm on beat shooter. Really decent graphics, excellent music, and just fun gameplay. It feels like Doom 2016 the rhythm shooter. Easy buy on purchase. 8.5/10

Midnight Fight Express - 10 minutes. This one is a beat em up in 3D kind of like Sifu and you get to beat some people silly with a rocking soundtrack. The graphics are OK, but passable. Overall seems pretty decent, but a bit repetitive. Still good although my game glitched out halfway through the first level so I just stopped there. 7/10

Monorail Stories - 7 minutes. A really relaxed adventure game about people in a monorail. Good music and graphics. It control well with the Series X controller although I wish there was a run button. Overall quick, but solid. 7.5/10

Moonscars - 21 minutes. This one is 2D Metroidvania Dead Souls type game. The parry is not great to do. The game itself feels a little under baked at times, with somewhat rough graphics now and then and queues for things that are just hard to hit. Could be good bundled, but I’ve played better. 6/10

Mothmen 1966 - 3 minutes. This one is an adventure game somewhat Shadowgate style with C64-ish colors. It could be interesting, but looks like something I’d get from an Indiegala bundle. 6/10

My Naughty Summer Vacation ~Days in Countryside and Memories of Summer~ - 34 minutes. This is one deceiving title. It plays like a visual novel crossed with a very simple open world. There are events and you try to make the best out of your 30 days or so of summer. I would play bundled likely in an Indiegala bundle, but this one was just a bit too basic. The graphics were simple but likable at least. 5.5/10

The Heroes Around Me - 16 minutes completed demo. Another 2D walking simulator adventure game. This one has beautiful pixel graphics and probably a heartfelt story. It’s a simple one about a young girl who is sick. I would easily love to get this bundled. 6.5/10

Toilet Chronicles - 4 minutes. You are in first person in a bathroom and want to poop or something. This is your adventure with your toilet stall partner, since you can’t escape the bathroom. This was not my style and felt clunky. 5/10

The only thing keeping me from updating to W11 is the start menu. It's a stupid reason given how much time I actually spend using it but I have it neat and tidy and aesthetically pleasing and I'm too stubborn to give it up.

I've been using Classic Shell since Win 8, since I hated MetroUI so much on W8. Of course, that app's no longer in development; last version was for W10.

Is there anything like that on W11?

The only thing keeping me from updating to W11 is the start menu. It's a stupid reason given how much time I actually spend using it but I have it neat and tidy and aesthetically pleasing and I'm too stubborn to give it up.
Screw Microsoft. They said Windows 10 was the last one, and I'm holding them to that. At least until they make it so uncomfortable to use that I'm forced to upgrade. (See also "Xbox Series.")

I've heard the Japanese language settings part don't work as well on Windows 11, so I'm waiting for till it gets better. All I know is that I play too many visual novels to upgrade yet.

One last set of Steamfest demos. A few good ones in this set of 24 games, but not too many.

Nine Sols - Easily the best Metroidvania 2D platforming action game in the fest. Great graphics, an interesting atmosphere and an OK story lead to a pretty strong game.

Power Chord - One of the better deck building games in the fest with a cool feel of heavy metal, great graphics, good gameplay and a lot of fun with multiple band members and their respective cards.

The Spirit and the Mouse - Really cool mouse going around Paris to help gain people happiness. This one had a wonky camera at times in a 3D world, but it was a lot of fun and had great music, decent art, good controls and just seemed like fun.

Beyond Sunset - 22 minutes. FPS with lots of precision jumping kind of like Shadow Warrior (the original) with a Katana, but it’s 80s retrowave soundtrack and feel. It is not bad, but very hard and the floaty jumps make the beginning part with a million jumping parts terrible. 6.5/10

Naiad - 4 minutes. This one is a sea creature, like a mermaid game where you play as a creature. The controls are a little weird at times on the Series X controller. The graphics have a claymation look to them. Overall was OK. 6/10

Necrobouncer - 7 minutes. Rogue-lite game about an undead bouncer. It plays kind of like a Hades, but with less interesting graphics/story/gameplay. Just OK and would only play bundled. 6/10

Nine Sols - 33 minutes completed the demo. Excellent Metroidvania action packed kind of like Dead Souls type game with a decent story, great graphics, pretty good controls especially for deflecting and seemed very high quality. Easily the best Metroidvania I’ve played in the Steamfest event. 8/10

Nitro Kid - 24 minutes. An okay version of Fight in Tight Spaces. It has okay graphics, a good soundtrack and seems OK. It has a decent amount of strategy, but it never felt super tight. Just okay. 6.5/10

Paradise Marsh - 3 minutes. Lo-fi go around collecting stuff with your neat first person game. No direction for me, but it looked OK. Didn’t control too great with the Series X controller. Mouse and keyboard probably a bit better. 6/10

A Pet Shop After Dark - 5 minutes completed demo. This one is kind of a visual novel and about someone working at a pet shop. It is drawn well, but the interactivity is kind of bad and doesn’t control as well. Just plain average overall and didn’t sway me much anyway. 6/10

Please Be Happy - 3 minutes. This one is a visual novel with average music, pretty good art and atmosphere and some story about a person who can turn into a wolf. Overall it was a little slow going, but not terrible. I have a lot of visual novels and this one seemed just alright. 6.5/10

Potion Permit - 51 minutes. This one is a Stardew Valley/Story of Seasons type game. You play a chemist and must try to help a town who doesn’t like people from the capital. The graphics/music/sounds are all OK. It’s OK overall and I feel it may not rise to greatness, but would still be decent bundled or cheaper. It’s a budget release on console too I believe, and would work wonderfully portably. 7/10

Power Chord - 50 minutes beat demo boss. This one is a heavy metal Slay the Spire inspired game. You play cards and do things with your band members. This one is pretty neat although a little repetitive. Having all your band members makes the cards a little more awesome. Pretty cool music and visuals too. 7.5/10

Railroads & Catacombs - 4 minutes. I didn’t like this one. It’s kind of mixing deck building, movement in an area, Darkest Dungeon graphics and just a lot of little things that make it unpolished. I wasn’t having fun and it was weirder to predict enemy attacks. 5/10

Quetzal - 3 minutes. A very simple precision platformer that controls OK with the Series X controller. This one’s gimmick is slashing at spikes gives you a jump boost. Nothing amazing, but would play bundled. 6/10

RE:CALL - 20 minutes almost beat first mission. This one is an adventure game where your choices change the outcome of a story as its happening. Neat concept though the action parts where finicky. 6.5/10

Roboholic - 5 minutes. Very basic looking and feeling arena FPS with scores like Bulletstorm. Not too great and felt kind of floaty and unpolished. 5.5/10

Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengance of the Slayer - 9 minutes. Old school feeling FPS starring one of the guys from Hypospace Outlaw. Pretty cool overall and does feel old school in a good way. 7/10

The Spirit and the Mouse - 34 minutes completed demo. A 3D platformer starring a mouse. It doesn’t jump so it has to climb and gets a shock power. You need to do quests to attain happiness. I really liked this one other than the wonky camera angles at times. The music was pretty and sounded very classic Parisian. The graphics were generally pretty good as well. It does need polish, but a viewpoint of a mouse is always pretty neat. 7.5/10

Spirittea - 30 minutes. This one is about running a spirit bath house. It looks alright kind of like Earthbound. Overall it felt a little bland but could be fun if you like manually keeping up a bathhouse. 6/10

Steelborn - 17 minutes. Action adventure exploring 2D platforming shooting game. It takes place on an alien planet. This one crashed on me to end my time with it. The shooting and platforming where better on the keyboard and mouse surprisingly mainly because jumping didn’t work with the trigger correctly and the 360 aiming. Very average, but would be fun bundled. 6.5/10

The Tarnishing of Juxtia - 11 minutes. 2D Metroidvania souls like game. This one is kind of ugly and doesn’t seem as polished. The fighting is okay but nothing special. Also the sounds are just okay. 6/10

There Is No Light - 15 minutes. Action adventure gritty game with some timing of attacks. It’s kind of ugly but plays decent enough. Not my favorite, but worth a try bundled. 6.5/10

Thunder Ray - 5 minutes completed demo. This is an okay looking bad playing Punch Out clone. It’s hard to read the tells in this and just felt like a mess. Controls were okay with Series X controller. 5/10

Tracks of Thought - 10 minutes. This is a game about some bug and riding a train or something. Not much happened, there was little interactivity, and I didn’t find it too amazing other than the character art. 6/10

Wayward Strand - 9 minutes. This one is an adventure game where you are in a hospital airship and are some interesting looking little girl who is there to spend time with the elderly. I didn’t enjoy this much mainly because of the writing, but I was just enjoying interviewing them. The little girl is a bit annoying too. 5.5/10

WrestleQuest - 17 minutes. This is an RPG about wrestling figures or something and a mystical land. The story is kind of stupid, but has some classic wrestlers or homages to them. Frankly I like wrestling and this feels almost too RPGMaker-ish at times especially with the environments and the small characters in them. The battles are also very gimmicky and not super fun. Overall I give it a pass cause of the coolness of wrestlers in something non wrestling, but the game doesn’t have it yet. 6.5/10

Not sure if anyone follows discord stuff but Project Mana is open to the public for 24 hours (only a couple hours left)… seems like a decent spot if you’re looking for content for your Deck or PC … you have to get to level 2 on their discord to keep access.

Wait until 2025 when they stop support for win10.
I've been using it for awhile now, its great, ZERO complaints and zero issues on any game I play. Its a bit slicker, overall I dig it. Some people hate the extra menu step with right clicking use context menus but it can be reworked with some reg fixes. This is like going from Win7 to Win10, more like a 10.5 upgrade.

I've been in the mood for an adventure game after the Steam Fest demos, so I guess it will be this one. I'm sad I got that GOG version and never touched it much, so will just go for the Enhanced Edition.

I've been using Classic Shell since Win 8, since I hated MetroUI so much on W8. Of course, that app's no longer in development; last version was for W10.

Is there anything like that on W11?
I used the Classic Shell program as well on Windows 8 in place of Metro, but since all the features I was aware of that Classic Shell provided (and certainly that I used) were returned in Windows 10 I got rid of it.

AFAIK 11's start menu can also be returned to classic mode with a simple registry setting.

Assorted News / Stuff:
-> Tiny Tina's Wonderland hits Steam and so does its new DLC on June 23rd (tomorrow) -
-> Alice: Madness Returns is back up for sale on Steam (at $20 MSRP) -
So Epic could only afford a 3 month exclusivity period this time? Maybe that Fortnite money is finally drying up and they realized they can't keep throwing money at games people don't buy. Either that or big publishers are realizing that the money isn't worth the bad publicity and lack of interest for not being on Steam

Shh, nobody tell Epic that they don't have enough money left to give away games! I've got seventy of them already, and have yet to pay for anything!

Thanks, I have this wishlisted. I paid about that amount for the base game ($3-4) but only played the first battle so far (perfect on my steam deck though). Do you think the dlc additions are worth pick up?
I'm not sure, I just picked it up but haven't played the base game or dlc yet.

Just a warning, none of the DLC for this game has been worth paying for. Not that anyone here will buy it before it hits 75% off.
I'm a big Borderlands fan and I have played all the games. I've bought the last two as soon as they were available on Steam. I'm also pretty sure I'll have a good time with this Tiny Tina offshoot. But now that the exclusivity window is over and they've already got DLC rolling out for it, I think I'm gonna hold out for a more inclusive version.

Gearbox shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm not sure, I just picked it up but haven't played the base game or dlc yet.
I went ahead and grabbed it. Reviews are mixed, but the positive ones do mention that it's best have the dlc at the start of a new game. Also, I felt like I should throw some $ toward the development and genre since I acquired the base game secondhand as bundle leftovers.

bread's done
Back