Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm in the market for a monitor, and I'm finding out the hard way that automatically switching inputs is apparently not a standard feature. I got a Samsung G50A and while it's nice, you have to manually switch from HDMI to DisplayPort and vice versa instead of it automatically switching when I turn one of my devices on. Was gonna return it and get a different monitor, but apparently that other model doesn't auto switch inputs either. Why can my old cheapo work monitor do this but expensive modern monitors can't? Is this just something I'll have to live with?

Got my deck yesterday, waiting on some accessories before I dive into it. Def looking forward to final fantasy 7 remake

Off the top of my head EmuDeck, Power Tools with the decky-loader plugin, and ProtonUp are necessities

You can lower the core frequencies and number of cores used while emulating and it helps get 5-6 hour battery life, even while emulating Wii U games. ProtonUp helps when you need a newer version of Proton to play an otherwise incompatible game, like the Bioshock collection that just got updated

Last edited by a moderator:
Off the top of my head EmuDeck, Power Tools with the decky-loader plugin, and ProtonUp are necessities

You can lower the core frequencies and number of cores used while emulating and it helps get 5-6 hour battery life, even while emulating Wii U games. ProtonUp helps when you need a newer version of Proton to play an otherwise incompatible game, like the Bioshock collection that just got updated
ProtonUp is letting me play the Batman games. Quite happy about that.

What is protonup? I tried looking and it says it's an alternate version of proton but I don't quite follow. I guess it just supports different games than the official branch of proton?
There's a good article on Rock Paper Shotgun that covers Proton GE (ProtonUp is an installation that provides multiple versions of Proton (I think). From what I understand ProtonUp allows you to run games that won't work with vanilla Steam Deck, because it includes the things that Steam wasn't legally allowed to include in their version of Proton, because they didn't own the rights to it.

Seems to be on the mediocre side of reviews, even on Steam. Thoughts on this one?
I’ve played a couple hours or so now, and while I recognize that mechanically and contentwise it may not be the best Musou, I kind of love it. I started out playing with Rio, the dealer girl from an old gambling game, and she’s throwing cards around like some kind of super-Gambit, dropping giant stacks of gambling chips on enemy’s heads, and sucking enemies into oversized roulette wheels. I unlocked Millennia from Deception 2, and her combat style is 100% based on the traps she uses in those games, dropping boulders, summoning giant pendulum axes, launching enemies with springboards under the ground, dumping pumpkins on top of enemies’ heads so that they stumble around blind. It feels satisfyingly over the top while staying true to the characters, and I still have a bunch of characters I’m looking forward to trying out like Nobunyaga and his army of cartoon cats, or William from Nioh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9QES-FUAM

So EVGA is just done with NVIDIA now, perhaps out of GPU production for good.

EVGA cards have been overrated the last few years.  They use to be of higher quality with better warranties -- this justified their higher price points.  It's been downhill for a while now with both quality, and the various perks/coverage of their warranties, slipping.  Not big loss.  MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, etc. have equally good cards.

Eh, its a big loss when they were 40% of the NA market. They have definately slipped in quality the last couple of years but they have had the best customer service out of all of them, especially if you lived in NA. The others can make good cards but I wouldn't trust their RMA service as much. Asus can make quality (and charge for it) but they have a bad bad rep on repairs such that Asus is the last brand I look at for GPUs.

These days I'd favor only MSI on the nvidia side.

It does feel out of left field although they apparently told Nvidia they were out back in April. This isn't that surprising when I think about it in that the margins for the card makers has dropped a lot in the past 5-10 years. Nvidia's profit margin keeps going up. When Nvidia put out their founder's edition cards with the 10 series in 2016, getting into the card market themselves it signaled they might want to kill off the custom card maker market. The founders cards initially were $100 more than MSRP. When the RTX 2000 cards hit, they were MSRP and in competition with the custom cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9QES-FUAM

So EVGA is just done with NVIDIA now, perhaps out of GPU production for good.
TechJesus did a good job covering this as always.
I'm inclined to believe that the CEO either wants to wind down before retirement or this is a play to court AMD or Intel (if they weren't already in negotiations behind the scenes) and the denial of such is just for appearances. Either way, the CEO is at the very least full of shit about not downsizing while simultaneously not entering other markets, so not a big leap to assume he is lying in his other statements as well.

Valve tweeted out that they are ahead of schedule and have fulfilled all Q3 Steam Deck preorders, and are working on Q4 now. I got my Q3 email this afternoon

Valve tweeted out that they are ahead of schedule and have fulfilled all Q3 Steam Deck preorders, and are working on Q4 now. I got my Q3 email this afternoon
I just ordered mine yesterday after clearing out almost all of my marketable tf2 inventory. Got a bit over $400 for it all at quick sell prices

RTX 4080 and 4090 cards announced.

- RTX 4080 comes in 12GB VRAM and 16 GB VRAM flavor.

- RTX 4080 12GB VRAM version comes in at $899.

- RTX 4080 16GB VRAM flavor comes in at $1199.

- 12GB VRAM version of RTX 4080 req. 285W on the GPU itself & a total 700W system power.

- 16GB VRAM version of RTX 4080 req. 320W for the GPU alone & a total of 750W for system power. 

- RTX 4080 cards are expected to be 2-4x's the performance of the RTX 3080 Ti.

- RTX 4080 flavors are supposedly coming in November.

- RTX 4090 comes in 24GB VRAM flavor on Oct. 12th at $1599.

- RTX 4090 requires for the GPU itself & a total of 450W and 850W system power altogether.

- RTX 4090 is expected to be 2-4x's the performance of the RTX 3090 Ti.

- DLSS version 3.0 will be supported also by these cards.

Sources:

IGN - https://www.ign.com/articles/nvidia-geforce-rtx-40-series-specs-price-features-release-date

Outrageous price on these new cards. Guess I'll be waiting for price drops.

Outrageous price on these new cards. Guess I'll be waiting for price drops.
Yes, msrps are worse than I even expected. Going from 12 to 16gb makes no practical difference in any realistic gaming use. And this gives them the option to (again) only make available the more expensive versions.

The Outbound Ghost came out on Steam today with a launch discount. It seems similar to Bug Fables and the old Paper Mario games. I'm interested but it doesn't have any reviews yet, and I never really buy games blind. But I love those types of games, and think it's cool that the developer seems to be very involved and listening to feedback on the game's Steam forum. Anyone try it yet or have any interest?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1276810/The_Outbound_Ghost/

$900 for the 4080 12gb
$1200 for the 4080 16gb
$1600 for the 4090

With crypto tanking, are people actually gonna flock to buy these? Even during the height of inflated GPU prices, I got my entire rig with a 3070 for barely more than that 4080 16gb. They seem to be way overcorrecting their underpriced MSRPs for 3000 series cards

$900 for the 4080 12gb
$1200 for the 4080 16gb
$1600 for the 4090

With crypto tanking, are people actually gonna flock to buy these? Even during the height of inflated GPU prices, I got my entire rig with a 3070 for barely more than that 4080 16gb. They seem to be way overcorrecting their underpriced MSRPs for 3000 series cards
They're making room to sell off the reported larget amount of left over 3000 cards along with the used market likely to be flooded with former miner cards driving prices down.

But kudos to Nvidia for trying to sell the 4080 12GB at $900 that is really a 4070. AMD is apparently not announcing their new cards till early November. They both are going to try to wait out the used market price crash as long as possible.

$900 for the 4080 12gb
$1200 for the 4080 16gb
$1600 for the 4090

I know I won't. I got a 3070 (desktop). I'm good for now here until a few more gen's from NVidia come along, I'd guess.

The Outbound Ghost came out on Steam today with a launch discount. It seems similar to Bug Fables and the old Paper Mario games. I'm interested but it doesn't have any reviews yet, and I never really buy games blind. But I love those types of games, and think it's cool that the developer seems to be very involved and listening to feedback on the game's Steam forum. Anyone try it yet or have any interest?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1276810/The_Outbound_Ghost/
Oh that one came out pretty quick. I remember seeing the trailer for it and it looked a bit like old school paper mario. But I don't recall seeing the actual gameplay.

I was thinking used prices may continue to fall with an additional flooding of the market with people upgrading. Now with these prices I’m not sure many are going to be unloading a $400 card to upgrade to a $900 or $1200 card. 

I had a feeling Nvidia would push up the prices for this gen. They acting like Etherium did not just switch to proof of stake.

I don't see how there can be enough demand at these prices without miners buying them up.

To be clear because Nvidia and the media weren't clear, DLSS 3 will support older cards overall but not the new frame generation tech, that is 40series exclusive.

Thus making it a new whiz bang distraction feature that very few will have for the next 6-12 months. Not that I'm too impressed with the tech from what I've read. Maybe it is a cool magic tech that has little quality loss for fps jump but I'll believe it when I see it independently tested.

Still rocking my Nitro R9 Fury for the foreseeable future, I see.

The wait for the 3080/6800XT to come into my price point continues.
I'm still getting by with my 1060 - I'm still waiting for the 3060's to drop significantly, since I don't think my moterhboard can take anything bigger

The wait for the 3080/6800XT to come into my price point continues.
Check FB marketplace. Picked up a 3080 tuf and 3070 ventus for $725. Flipped the 3070 for $425. There are some deals to be had. Both have at least a year mfr warranty.

I'm still rocking my Diamond v770 Viper here...

Somehow I didn't think this was suppose to happen till next week. I didn't have the Japanese Pack that wasn't part of the "fancy" edition and was hoping to see it go on sale... Oh, well! I likely wasn't going to ever get to it anyhow.

You'd think there'd be an easy to find picture or gif of quark pouring booze off screen SOMEWHERE... but I can't find it, so this will have to do.

fa6.gif

Worf's face kinda works too... I feel like he wouldn't be TOO broken up about Winn dying.

PNiiXOi.jpg

Worf's face kinda works too... I feel like he wouldn't be TOO broken up about Winn dying.
sorry to hear of her death. She was a good actress who did much to bring one of the most unlikable characters in ST to life.

I think most would remember her as Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

I am thinking this year will finally be the perfect time for me to build a decent gaming rig, my current PC has a i5 6th gen and a 1050ti and it’s wack. I’d like something that can do either 1440 or 4K at 144hz. I’m hoping that by November AMD cards and chips drop even further in price, I’m thinking a 6800xt card and either a 5600 or a 5600x chip. I imagine the new AMD chips will be very hard to get a hold of and I also don’t want to pay ddr5 prices for memory. I’d like to keep my overall cost to around $1000 so with that in mind should I aim at getting a 5600 or a 5600x? Can I get any recommendations on a good bargain case, motherboard and ddr4 ram? I like Fractal and BeQuiet cases but they are a bit pricey and I would also prefer no RGB lighting.

I am thinking this year will finally be the perfect time for me to build a decent gaming rig, my current PC has a i5 6th gen and a 1050ti and it’s wack. I’d like something that can do either 1440 or 4K at 144hz. I’m hoping that by November AMD cards and chips drop even further in price, I’m thinking a 6800xt card and either a 5600 or a 5600x chip. I imagine the new AMD chips will be very hard to get a hold of and I also don’t want to pay ddr5 prices for memory. I’d like to keep my overall cost to around $1000 so with that in mind should I aim at getting a 5600 or a 5600x? Can I get any recommendations on a good bargain case, motherboard and ddr4 ram? I like Fractal and BeQuiet cases but they are a bit pricey and I would also prefer no RGB lighting.
Just did this last week.

msi b550 tomahawk max WiFi mobo for 180

ryzen 5 5600x for just under 200

corsair 220t rgb mid case for 85 (PMd Amazon to Best Buy)

found the 3080 (and 3070) on FB marketplace. After selling 3070, the 3080 was 300 oop

750 watt Corsairr psu 70

had spare 1gb 4x4 nvme m.2 ssd

had spare 3000 speed ram 16gb

I recently got back in to PC gaming and could use some advice. There are so many sites for pc game prices; is there a trusted chrome extension or site that compares prices between companies like green man gaming, cdkeys, fanatical, steam, epic and so on? Looking for the best bang for the buck. 

Id also suggest gg.deals, itad's pricing has just gone to crap since it doesnt understand what coupons work and what dont and so its historical data is all sorts of jacked up as well as current data since it applies coupons that wont really work. GG seems to be much better in that regard

Just did this last week.

msi b550 tomahawk max WiFi mobo for 180
ryzen 5 5600x for just under 200
corsair 220t rgb mid case for 85 (PMd Amazon to Best Buy)
found the 3080 (and 3070) on FB marketplace. After selling 3070, the 3080 was 300 oop
750 watt Corsairr psu 70

had spare 1gb 4x4 nvme m.2 ssd
had spare 3000 speed ram 16gb
Are you just using the stock 5600x cooler?

bread's done
Back